Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: post pictures of what you're eating thread

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made Soft Beef Tacos today. I used a packet of Taco Seasoning, 4 cloves of garlic(instead of powder), 1 onion + onion powder, added all the spicy spices, a bit of cumin, and added the water into the meat before I fried it on a skillet. It's fucking delicious. This is going in my recipe book!

I just realized that most of the food I make end up lookin' like poop.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sausages, kale, mushrooms, apple, sage, random seeds and herbs I don't remember, garlic, ginger, gravy. I ran out of potato

My first homemade smoothie - mango, carrot, banana, orange juice, whole milk, ginger and a passionfruit. Om nom nom. Does anyone have any decent recipes for smoothies?
    Last edited by squirreltual; 09-28-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that soup in a glass? hahahah!

I made dinner. Quick and easy. I am starving so I didn't want to work too much.

Made veggie stir fry rice and I fried some tiny fish( that I gutted, cleaned, then dipped in a flour+spices mixture)

SO good.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you catch the fish? ..the..swedish..fish.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahah! I actually got them at a arabic grocery store. Swedes don't sell shiz like that!

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deestructor View Post
    Hahahah! I actually got them at a arabic grocery store. Swedes don't sell shiz like that!
    I hope you wash your veggies?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should probably warn my sister, since she lives there hahaha

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Broccoli and cauliflower hash

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Home made organic ramen; extremely healthy and tasty

-

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I made this for my sister a few months ago to tell her I love her

-

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Spinach and goat cheese pizza...all in all it should have less than one gram of saturated fat

I made it all from scratch even the dough which looks very uneven but tastes amazing...so delicious and so good for you

-

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never much thought about food presentation, nor how the food looks (beyond that looks yummy or that looks moldy, lol). But yesterday I bought some purple carrots for the first time, and while chopping them up just now, I am impressed by how pretty and unique they look. The following picture doesn't really do them justice.

IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I have never much thought about food presentation, nor how the food looks (beyond that looks yummy or that looks moldy, lol). But yesterday I bought some purple carrots for the first time, and while chopping them up just now, I am impressed by how pretty and unique they look. The following picture doesn't really do them justice.
    I've never seen purple carrots before, they look very different and the contrast is unexpected and interesting. How do they taste?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zola View Post
    I've never seen purple carrots before, they look very different and the contrast is unexpected and interesting. How do they taste?
    I dont know if it is typical or just the batch I have,
    * doesn't taste as sweet as many regular carrots taste
    * same texture and over all feel as regular carrots
    * you know when you get a carrot that doesn't have much flavor? It feels light and crunchy rather than sweet and crunchy? These feel light and crunchy.
    * there is a hint of some other flavor but I have no idea how to describe it, or even if I like it or not...it's just...different. And then it becomes an after taste which I am still not sure if I like or not, heh.

I will be cooking some tomorrow, so will know then how cooking might alter it's flavor.

I think these would be great with something on the sour side, like a yogurt dip, or something lemony...or vinegary.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After thinking about sourness with them, i pulled out my spicy dill pickles and cut one up. They are most excellent together!! I would never have paired a sweet carrot with these pickles, but these purple ones are perfect.

So, recommending to pair them with something sour and/or has a bite to it.

Edited to add:
    And...of course, after a few bits, I guess there was a sweet one in there.
    So, i think the oranger the middle, the more chance for sweetness.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After thinking about sourness with them, i pulled out my spicy dill pickles and cut one up. They are most excellent together!! I would never have paired a sweet carrot with these pickles, but these purple ones are perfect.

So, recommending to pair them with something sour and/or has a bite to it.

Edited to add:
    And...of course, after a few bits, I guess there was a sweet one in there.
    So, i think the oranger the middle, the more chance for sweetness.
    Makes some sort of sense that the orange part would be sweeter if orange carrots were cultivated for their flavour. Google says purple carrots can be sweet or have an almost peppery flavour. Now I'm curious to try some (and hear about what they're like when cooked).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

-

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looking sharp, Maritsa. I don't know why this isn't in unofficial members thread, though.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night at the local food truck extravaganza

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've been wondering whether any one isn't bored already from me posting pics of beer, for I am drinking it right now. Just asking...

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grilled Rabbit with in vivo Roasted Swiss Chard and Snow peas

Attachment 2674

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

When I want to tell someone I LOVE THEM I just make a ton of bacon for them

-

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the most disgusting bacon I've ever seen. EIE humanists have no sense of aesthetics.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    That's the most disgusting bacon I've ever seen. EIE humanists have no sense of aesthetics.
    How's this?Crisp+Thick+Cut+Bacon.jpg
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last night's dinner:

Potato, Jalapeno, Mushroom tossed in olive oil, strained den cooked on dah Skillet of Iron.

Attachment 2695
    Chopped swiss chard, parsley, tomato, broccoli and scallions
    Attachment 2696
    and i put it all together with sum cheese and a spicy hollandaise sauce
    Attachment 2697
    then rolled them up in semolina wraps(lightly browned on skilled) and nom nom nom. de end.
    Attachment 2698

4 next food, i make sum pineapple-topped wild caught sockeye wit reduced balsamic/honey sauce on a black bean mash bed with a side of tabbouleh. mmmmmmm. i kin taste it already

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    That wasn't done. That was during the cooking process.
    -

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just another salad. Local lettuce, cucumber, red bell pepper, and cherry tomatoes. Cheese from a local dairy. The pepper turkey is not local nor gmo free but I have been craving turkey so I got some. A hand of gmo free peppered potato chips, a splurge.

First time using chopsticks. But I'm really hungry right now and wanted a way to slow down how fast I ate. And since this is my only meal for today, I wanted to actually enjoy it.

What the fuck? Girl, if you eat like that every day you're going to die. How is a small salad your only meal of the day?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    What the fuck? Girl, if you eat like that every day you're going to die. How is a small salad your only meal of the day?
    That bowl is actually a damned big bowl, heh. I can fit more into it than I can piling it onto a plate.

I eat when I am hungry..or stressed.
    When I eat well...as in not stressed, I go through a kind of cycle.
    One day I won't really get hungry until about 2ish. I'll eat one large meal that day. The next day will depend on the contents of the previous meal. If it was light foods like salad and nonstarchy veg, then I'll be hungry in the morning, and then again at about 4-6ish. And the next day is back to 1 meal.

In winter the foods are more dense, so a large bowl will last me significantly longer.

These aren't hard and fast rules. I just don't think of food that often when I am feeling well. But I do try to eat for a range of vitamins and minerals. Also, since I'm not eating a bunch of sugars at this time, I don't crave fast energy either.

However, when I am stressed, I can't seem to stop wanting to eat. I also crave fast sugars during this time. Or denser calorie foods like breads (which make me sick). Stress generally comes when I am having to make tons of decisions in one day, or quite a bit of mental work. I haven't figured out how to counter this, naturally.

Because of my back, I am hardly active anymore. So it's not like I need a bunch of calories. I do try to be active when it will let me, but I spend more than half the day laying down to rest it. (Not all at once, it's bits of activity, rest back, go do stuff, rest back, repeat.) Nowadays though I have been able to be up and active for a couple of hours before a rest, which is a huge improvement.

Also, I am fat. Not in the "oh no I can pinch an inch of skin" kind. When my back went out I gained about 40 lbs (but already had about 40 to lose). I couldn't make my own meals, and I could barely sit up briefly. We all eat separately now, so I'm able to get back to following my body's signals of when to eat, and eating lots of veggies. So far this past year, this has helped drop 15lbs of fat without trying. (If I can find a better way to counter the stress cravings, I'm confident it will start melting off, heh.)

I know people say to do the grazing thing. But that is way too much thinking about food for me. And I would rather eat by body signals than by a clock. I have tried splitting up the meal into smaller meals throughout the day, but it's annoying and I never feel satisfied.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mix sum bulgur + herb n spices + boiling water!

Attachment 2702

ew dat luks gross ):
    k, but now i put black bean in pot wit sum oil n pulverized garlic paste and cook, can't wait to mash mash mash, sumtime i pretnd like it zombie!

Attachment 2703

picked sum fresh mint from garden and chop chop chop, then I do the same thing to a bunch of fresh parsley, green onion and cube some tomato.

Attachment 2704

After mixing the mint, parsley and tomato I place in a container and refrigerate. I also put the bulgur in the fridge too, in a separate container. Fifteen minutes later and TIME to cook my sockeye!!!!

Attachment 2705

MMmmmm, good tea for a few minutes while sockeye gets all hot and juicy. Sockeye gets covered and put on low heat while I mash black beans and mix the bulgur and the fresh ingredients in a big bowl with 1 part apple cider vinegar, 1 part pineapple juice 2 part olive oil(i dont use lemon juice it makes my tummy hurt ): and the vinegar + pineapple makes it sour neway)

Attachment 2706

mmm, now time for balsamic vinegar reduction + mix in some delicious crystallized honey.

Attachment 2707

mmm, look at dat, it's gonna be all syrupy in mah mouth. yum.

mah secrete tabboulleh recipe exposed!!! uh oh, needs more parsley brb.
    Attachment 2708

I know what your gonna say "is that poop???" but no it's black bean mash! on top is dah sockeye + pineapple which goes reaal good with dat reduced balsamic vinegar/honey sauces drizzled all over da place. Oh, dat's a pretzle bread roll I found at store, i didn't make dat part!!!

Attachment 2709

I didn't eat breakfast so i ate whole things!!! (except for black bean mash couldn't finish all of it(sooo full) so gave sum to da cats wit dah sockeye skin, they loved it!!!!! i never seen so many happy pussies) overall i give score of 7 but only b/c you can't do much to make black bean mash not look like poop, but it still tasty 4 poop! preparation + cooking time: 1 hour eating time: 15 minutes

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Much better.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    That wasn't done. That was during the cooking process.
    No shit. I thought you served it in a pan with boiling oil.

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lamb, last of taboulleh, steamed chard. damn, just realized i eat too much chard.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Butternut Squash Bisque.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adrie View Post
    Butternut Squash Bisque.
    Do you have a recipe for that? Or is it restaurant. I guess i could look online. So will still post this as a reminder for when i wake up tomorrow.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have a recipe for that?
    Its pretty simple as long as you have a blender/food processor (a handheld blender is easier)

Peel and cube a butternut squash. (Scrape out the seeds. You can roast them for a snack or put on top of the bisque.)
    Pour olive oil all over cubed squash and put in oven at 350 for how ever long it takes to get soft.

Heat oil and melt some butter in a pot, cook 1/2 cup of yellow diced onion until translucent.
    Add 2 cups of vegetable stock.
    Add softened butternut squash.
    Add nutmeg, thyme, sage and pepper to taste.
    Use handheld blender until completely pureed.
    Add 1 cup of heavy cream. Stir until thickened.

You can do all of it in a blender, but its messier imo.
    If you don't want to use heavy cream you can add a cup of water or milk and make it soup instead.
    You can add anything (celery, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes etc) before you puree it.
    You can use chicken stock instead of vegetable stock.

I usually make this for Thanksgiving dinner. its so yummy.

can is over

ashez has tools

i wonder how those black chips taste .do they make your teeth black? i have never eaten black corn.that's so weird and haunting

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@adrie thank you. I dont normally like cooking, but i like squash. This is definitely going into my meager repertoire.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hawaiian Black Bean and Corn Burger.
    and a side of sweet potato wedges.

My Recipe: http://adrierecipes.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)