TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Personality Insights

Personality Insights

Gain insight into how and why people think, act, and feel the way they do. This service applies linguistic analytics and personality theory to infer attributes from a person's unstructured text.

You need text written by the person whose personality you're interested in. It should contain words about every day experiences, thoughts, and responses.
    For statistically significant results, you need at least 3500 words and ideally 6000 You can still play with the demo if you have at least 100 words, but you should take those results with a grain of salt.
    I think I've encountered text analysers that only looked at single aspects of personality before (e.g. agreeableness and extroversion): this does all the big five traits and more. I don't think I've encountered anything in regards the eight Jungian functions though (I was looking on Google Scholar months ago)...I know @ClownsandEntropy has been looking into doing something along those lines in regards forum posts, which would be a very good project to attempt.
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 08-14-2016 at 03:47 PM.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I went through old emails I had written until I reached the 6000+ word target. These were chatty, informal emails (i.e. with friends).

Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 08-14-2016 at 12:23 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    i'd like to check this out, but the link doesn't seem to be working!
    ah whoops. Should work now.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I did a few shorter pieces ("decent analysis") and got different results ranging from low on openness and introversion to high. I also got a skeptical and critical on a couple of my blog posts. :/

I keep getting really high on "helping others" but I don't consider myself a very helpful person. I am more expressive in writing.

I rarely click on ads. I use coupon codes online and I buy healthy foods because I don't really like junk food. I can't say I agree with their analysis completely but I can see why I got the results I did based on the content analyzed.

I have done this analysis many times before. I even used it to analyse my past posts a few months ago.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@Aylen oh well .

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    @Aylen oh well .
    It is fun to do! I guess I don't see myself as "helpful" but others claim I am. I just feel weird when I am called "helpful" (it makes me cringe) since I know so many people who are willing to do so much more than me and go out of their way to do it. When I am helpful it usually involves talking, not action. I take some action but only if I am in the right place at the right time. I don't feel like I am going out of my way to do it. Maybe that is the difference. I am helpful when I feel an urge to be so it doesn't feel like an achievement but I probably won't be making anyone dinner, cleaning up after them or doing their laundry without moping about it unless I get an urge to do it. I am not a "whistle while you work" kind, usually.

I am empathic though and disorganized, in an somewhat orderly way. I have my own system. It was not a terrible analysis.

Edit: It seems I have an aversion to the word "helpful". It took years to get over my aversion to the word "god".

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I suppose if you choose a selective subset, even if you think it is you at your most informal and if you choose the whole of that subset...it is still not the whole "you".

I can understand why it might consider me low in certain traits I would consider myself higher in, but I cannot understand why from the subset I gave it would consider me high in "Authority-challenging" and "Fiery".

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I suppose if you choose a selective subset, even if you think it is you at your most informal and if you choose the whole of that subset...it is still not the whole "you".

I can understand why it might consider me low in certain traits I would consider myself higher in, but I cannot understand why from the subset I gave it would consider me high in "Authority-challenging" and "Fiery".
    They have another analyzer too (there is a thread somewhere) and I get very high on "fiery" and "emotional" when I analyze my blog posts.

YWIMW

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Extremely cool. I passed in a bunch of my fiction and essays from college where I actually had something to say and wasn't just doing it to do it.

autoresults.pngsunburst2.png
    Last edited by ouronis; 08-14-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't what I expected at all:

Summary
    You are social.
    You are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them. You are confident: you are hard to embarrass and are self-confident most of the time. And you are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life.
    Your choices are driven by a desire for well-being.
    You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you. You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done.