Thread: Socionics & Anger

TIM
    ILI-INTp E5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics & Anger

Today was a very frustrating day for me , so I was thinking about what make different personalities get angry, frustrated, annoyed ...etc.

first do you think it is personality related? if so what can make different types angry? if not, why?

So, what do you think?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OSG View Post
    Today was a very frustrating day for me , so I was thinking about what make different personalities get angry, frustrated, annoyed ...etc.

first do you think it is personality related? if so what can make different types angry? if not, why?

So, what do you think?
    Jaak Panksepp studies emotional systems in mammals, and has found the pathways for 7 emotional systems. The RAGE system is one of them, aka anger, frustration irritation, etc. This system is activated when a situation doesn't align with our implicit (evolutionary) desires. It comes out most often when there are stressors, like when resources are scarce (competition for resources), restriction of activity/movement, irritation to the surface of the body, thwarted aspirations of the SEEKING system, sudden withdrawal of anticipated rewards, homeostatic imbalances (such as hunger, lack of sleep, etc), perceived maltreatment/neglect, war, and social upheaval.

This emotional system is too basic for it to be limited to a personality type.
    However, i think one's personality type can shape _some_ of their triggers of the RAGE system. Such as a thwarted HA, role, polr hits, being in situations that force them to suppress their base function, etc. But, despite these possible different triggers, I think one would get further with the more generalized understanding of what the RAGE system is reacting to.

Edited to add: caps refer to the emotional systems, not to the common usage of the term.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE angry when they get into something that they didn't expect to go badly goes badly. When their relations don't treat them well. When their plans go sour and when they are out of work for long they can get depressed. Generally, he would like things in his environment to be under control...mess organized, people in their place ect.

I get angry at circumstances that I can't control due to my lack of will. When my ex took my cat and I told him that that made me sad he wouldn't return her and thus causing me to not be able to do what SEE do better which is to not think about it. I got very depressed. I get angry when I'm not received and understood. When I feel like my voice goes into obyss and no one can hear me because I can't sense reception or impact well. I get frustrated when my good intentions are misunderstood. For example my bf was brushing his teeth in a tiny bathroom and I started to brush mine in the hallway as to not make him feel uncomfortable and confined and he said "you don't brush your teeth outside the bathroom thats like showering on the porch" I got upset and told him my intentions and he felt bad so he said he was only kidding...he doesn't like to escalate problems.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I don't know. I am not an angry person in general. I usually do not rage unless someone is really in my face about something. I do have little explosions now and then. I blame it on hormones. People who know me, know to get out of my way. I have a long fuse for sure. I do get annoyed at things, at least once a day, but I don't usually hang on to it when the moment has passed. Unless someone keeps doing it. Then I will tell them to stop. I hate when people do repetitive things, that make noise, like tapping. I can take it for a short while before I say something. I give them a chance to quit first.

This thread is sort of synchronicity for me since I dreamt I was hitting people last night. I got it all out of my system in my dream world. I think...

Anyway, I am pretty sure that holding on to anger can make people sick. Probably best to express it in the moment. I am aware that there are times I was too harsh and I kind of regretted it. :/

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

AMBROSE BIERCE, The Devil's Dictionary

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-INTp E5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Jaak Panksepp studies emotional systems in mammals, and has found the pathways for 7 emotional systems. The RAGE system is one of them, aka anger, frustration irritation, etc.
    I guess I may read more about it
    Thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've gotten angrier with age

TIM
    ILI-INTp E5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    LSE angry when they get into something that they didn't expect to go badly goes badly. When their relations don't treat them well. When their plans go sour and when they are out of work for long they can get depressed. Generally, he would like things in his environment to be under control...mess organized, people in their place ect.
    My father is a LSE and I can see this be true for him.

I get frustrated when my good intentions are misunderstood. For example my bf was brushing his teeth in a tiny bathroom and I started to brush mine in the hallway as to not make him feel uncomfortable and confined and he said "you don't brush your teeth outside the bathroom thats like showering on the porch" I got upset and told him my intentions and he felt bad so he said he was only kidding...he doesn't like to escalate problems.
    I guess many people would have misunderstood your intention in this example not just your bf.

TIM
    ILI-INTp E5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I do have little explosions now and then.
    I think this is an IEI's issue.

This thread is sort of synchronicity for me since I dreamt I was hitting people last night. I got it all out of my system in my dream world. I think...
    I feel sorry for those people

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
    I like this quote

TIM
    ILI-INTp E5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krieger View Post
    i've gotten angrier with age
    I should avoid you little by little with time

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This topic is a fascinating one. Everyone can get angry, of course, but how the anger goes about being handled and what triggers it is one that is hard to understand. When diving into the various personality types, learning what their strongest and weakest functions are is one way of understanding what can spark anger. I've mentioned that I hate when my personal space is invaded. Usually, when my space is being violated, it's the cause of a person thinking differently from myself and just imposing simply because they can or that some form of entertainment would arise from my reaction. That kind of thing would work for someone else, but not me. I become blunt and harsh over my personal items when they are taken from me without permission of any kind. I like to think that this example correlates with the usage of Se as well as the criticism and imposition of my base function, Si. Anger will generally show itself in the ignoring function through the violation of the base function.