Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah @DEAD

None of these psychological archetype things are meant to be taken too literally or too realistically otherwise people that are caregivers in erotic attitudes would all be arrested for being into 'infantiles' lol.

Betas are operating from a more adolescentile psychology I think, but aren't 'teenagers' all the time 24/7 or anything, same with the other types. It is often subtle but exaggerations and campiness and strict lines in sand help people understand things many times. I've always liked shows about high school and the teenage experience- so there is a lot of truth to it.

There are also a lot of complex nuances to the Quadras & types, Alphas are light-hearted and childlike but also often have Delta's leftover serious moral convictions etc. Betas are Merry and Fe valuing but like u said, Beta ST is more serious and grounded than Beta NF is probably. Although I can definitely be serious too lol- people just don't fit into neat boxes, but these Ti archetypes just help ppl understand.

And yes I love giving people RPG classes and roles lol.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Yeah @DEAD

None of these psychological archetype things are meant to be taken too literally or too realistically otherwise people that are caregivers in erotic attitudes would all be arrested for being into 'infantiles' lol.

Betas are operating from a more adolescentile psychology I think, but aren't 'teenagers' all the time 24/7 or anything, same with the other types. It is often subtle but exaggerations and campiness and strict lines in sand help people understand things many times. I've always liked shows about high school and the teenage experience- so there is a lot of truth to it.

There are also a lot of complex nuances to the Quadras & types, Alphas are light-hearted and childlike but also often have Delta's leftover serious moral convictions etc. Betas are Merry and Fe valuing but like u said, Beta ST is more serious and grounded than Beta NF is probably. Although I can definitely be serious too lol- people just don't fit into neat boxes, but these Ti archetypes just help ppl understand.

And yes I love giving people RPG classes and roles lol.
    Yeah, of course lol. Infantile is an annoying name. I prefer victims, but again that's kinda questionable too. Those Russians, lol.

Yeah, when I was a teenager, I was much more of a teenager than I am now, in terms of thoughts and development. I think when people mature, they still have some inherent quadra traits within their psyche (i.e. inner child, old soul, young at heart, teenager etc) that ground them in a sense. And keep them simple to identify. Yeah, I like certain teenage shows too. I like Elite (very European/Spanish flavored, so it might be a bit "questionable" to American tastes), On My Block (though Spooky reminded me of me the most, he's meant to be like my age now in the show AFAIK), this weird Beta German show about an EIE being a dickhead (I'll try and remember the name but I liked it) amongst others.

Maybe this is why a lot of Alphas like anime. It's got adult concepts (some of it) and some of it's pretty grown up in nature but it still has child-like animation (a lot of it) and childlike wonder attached to the subjects. Adult cartoons in general seem to attract a lot of Alphas and have a lot of Alpha creators, because that is how they tend to conceptualise the world we live in, right?

I think Delta are too much, especially with the moral convictions at times. It can be like living in a monastery around them, you know?

Yeah, I can be serious as well. I can be more serious than NFs. Pretty grounded as well. But yeah, I can also have fun. Yeah, Ti archetypes definitely help people understand each other, but like you said, they are not the end all or be all. I think people who don't actually question, change, understand or who stick too rigidly to Ti infomation systems without improving them or bettering them give Ti users a bad name as completely rigid (especially LSI, with PoLR Ne as well).

BTW: I found the basic idea comparing the types to different life stages here