Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introverted Sensing Si Hidden Agenda of LIIs/INTjs

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

(no but really, good on you guys if thats what works for you. that just sounds so incredibly annoying on a gut level tho)

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think that it has more to do with personal vigilance than health although health implies a type of vigilance. LIIs are very cautious types but they're often detached and oblivious to things around them - some actually pose real physical threats. They would like more concrete facts but the search can often bore them; they can understand but fail to be thorough. Many would have liked to have trusted their gut instincts rather than succumb to their normally ponderous rationalization processes; they don't do that well in chaotic situations. Personal health can be a major concern but only when they take the time to think about it; they'd prefer someone else to be responsible for it. LIIs aren't always tuned in or reactive to their environment although they'd like to be. They seem to get the gist, concept or overall plan so easily but too frequently regret not being vigilant.

a.k.a. I/O

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How does one obtain an ESE? Is there a catolog available?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Osifer View Post
    How does one obtain an ESE? Is there a catolog available?
    With a lot of extroverts, you have to put yourself in their path. The rest they can set in motion.

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm...

I do relate to "either overeating or undereating" part of Si HA, since I can just forget all about food or binge on food I like on a whim at times, yet I will also freak out about small physical stuff like a ingrown hair(?) or anything related to health. It is either I am overfocusing and worrying, or not paying it enough attention at all. I also do suck at keeping taking any medicine and if it wasn't for my mother reminding me, I often forget it anytime I am sick. Yet I will also never feel comfortable without washing my hands over and over again when I pet an animal and I would avoid any animal hair like a plague.

And about how it fits with ESE's Si Creative, I am currently staying with my ESE father and he is quite aware of my emotional and physical state? He often reminds me of whatever we could do if I wanted or things we could/I could eat if I want, as well as there is some Fe base "awareness of how other feels" to it? (Ie. I was working on a really annoying origami for a while before I took a break and we were sitting in same room. Then I picked another which was a lot easier/something I am used to and he did comment on how he could pick up how frustrated I felt whenever he checked and was worried so now he is happy to see I am a lot more cheerful while working on latter?)

So while I often times find myself going "No I could do that, I don't want to trouble you-" automatically, I suppose I often times do take a step back whenever I realize he wants to do it, like it makes him happy to do something for me way? I still don't make him do everything ofc but sometimes he seems to feel better when I just let him do things and thank him for it later?
    Last edited by ApeironStella; 08-03-2017 at 06:40 PM.

TIM
    LII (sub?) 9w8 Sp/So
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep in mind Si is the subjective state someone is in. I eat very healthy, as in I don't consume any animal products. I also exercise pretty regularly and enjoy hiking and riding my bike. When I was younger I was even more athletic. I played football, basketball, wrestling, and soccer in high school, as well as skateboarding. I remember even enjoying the taste of soda and when I learned it was unhealthy it was pretty easy to almost never drink soda again.

I have a keen sense on when I had enough alcohol to drink. I've been blackout drunk 3 times in my life and each time I never took the time to assess how well I'm doing; I just kept pounding the shots or mixed drinks. Granted, the first time was at an all you can drink concert when I was 17 lol. For 20 euros I could have as many drinks as I wanted. After foolishly drinking jacky-coke, vodka-redbill and who knows what else I proceed to throw up a lot, pass out on picnic bench, make out with some girl, and then later my friends and I ate burger king.

Another big factor in my subjective inner state is music. Music is king and is one of my dearest passions. I love playing guitar and singing. I'm definitely not the best singer, and am in desperate need of more lessons, but it doesn't matter; it's this intense feeling that is within that I want to experience and sometimes express. My LSI friend, who studies Musicology, says I'm a decent guitar playing, but that my singing is the one of the worst he's ever heard lol. That's pretty crazy thing to hear, but he has 4D Si (demonstrative)and he values Se, so he wants to be blunt. He just wants to help and for me not to "embarrass" myself.

It's not so much about being healthy... but being in the "good" state. A good state can be a healthy thing to do. Good states are: eating enough food, healthy food, listening to music you enjoy, seeing nice art, a well decorated home, sleeping enough, being in healthy relationships, little conflict getting enough affection etc.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 13iokenesis View Post
    Keep in mind Si is the subjective state someone is in. I eat very healthy, as in I don't consume any animal products. I also exercise pretty regularly and enjoy hiking and riding my bike. When I was younger I was even more athletic. I played football, basketball, wrestling, and soccer in high school, as well as skateboarding. I remember even enjoying the taste of soda and when I learned it was unhealthy it was pretty easy to almost never drink soda again.

I have a keen sense on when I had enough alcohol to drink. I've been blackout drunk 3 times in my life and each time I never took the time to assess how well I'm doing; I just kept pounding the shots or mixed drinks. Granted, the first time was at an all you can drink concert when I was 17 lol. For 20 euros I could have as many drinks as I wanted. After foolishly drinking jacky-coke, vodka-redbill and who knows what else I proceed to throw up a lot, pass out on picnic bench, make out with some girl, and then later my friends and I ate burger king.

Another big factor in my subjective inner state is music. Music is king and is one of my dearest passions. I love playing guitar and singing. I'm definitely not the best singer, and am in desperate need of more lessons, but it doesn't matter; it's this intense feeling that is within that I want to experience and sometimes express. My LSI friend, who studies Musicology, says I'm a decent guitar playing, but that my singing is the one of the worst he's ever heard lol. That's pretty crazy thing to hear, but he has 4D Si (demonstrative)and he values Se, so he wants to be blunt. He just wants to help and for me not to "embarrass" myself.

It's not so much about being healthy... but being in the "good" state. A good state can be a healthy thing to do. Good states are: eating enough food, healthy food, listening to music you enjoy, seeing nice art, a well decorated home, sleeping enough, being in healthy relationships, little conflict getting enough affection etc.
    such a self control... how does HA work with your duality types? do you look for comfort in a partner as well?

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I have very strange eating habits. I eat always the same things and I'm afraid to experience new food. Also, I eat very little, not in order to be skinny, but just because I hate excesses.

When I'm ill, I'd need someone who takes care of me, but since I don't want to bother people around me, I rarely talk about my issues with others, often ending up with neglecting them.

Although I don't care much about appearance in others, I'm ashamed to dress inappropriately. For example I don't feel at ease if I'm the only one who's not shaved (at the swimming pool it's a very unpleasant sensation), or the only one who's wearing an informal dress to a formal event.

Besides this, I love having showers, feeling clean and neat and I hate when someone tells me that I smell or that there's something wrong with my body.

Are this statements related to Hidden Agenda?
    IDK if its related, but my LII friend has some similar habits.
    She really eats small portions without paying attention to eating enough of the essential nutrients or having a balanced meal. She's also more or less picky with food too.

She suffered of anemia for the same reason for several years.

On the other hand, she also always felt like "the ugliest" of her siblings when actually she look nicest. The word "shame" has always been on her vocabulary too, like she really fear shame.

TIM
    INTj-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being in a positive physical state is a good, concise definition, but it is also subjective. Every LII (and EII) will have a different idea about what is a good state and how to reach it. I know some who reach this state exclusively through sex and expensive food. Others are health nuts and clean freaks. Some sleep 14 hours a day and smoke pot the other 10. I've seen extremes in moderation and excess, often from the same people.

Generally speaking people with an Si HA enjoy being pulled out of their heads through some sort of sensation or experience, but at the same time they don't want any sensation or experience that distracts them when they want to focus. An unrealistic expectation, but that is the HA for you.

As for my experience, when I was a kid my favorite days to play outside were the days with storms, or the ones that were especially hot or cold. I also had an affinity for high places, cramped, hidden spots, or anywhere that created an exaggerated sense of scale. When I got older I briefly tested just how drunk/high I could get. I have always been somewhat obsessive about my health and the cleanliness of my environment, and I have always been inconsistent about the maintenance of both.
    Last edited by Syynth; 09-16-2017 at 10:30 PM.
    SP/SX
    5w4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12