Thread: Typing by Reinen's Guide

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typing by Reinen's Guide

So I'm bored, I am going to teach you guys how to type by Reinens by comparing the mirrors. Very reliable. I have no idea if Reinens can be changed or manipulated, but it's incredibly interesting how well it works when you know what it means.

1. Dynamic/Static - This is the way you perceive the world. You perceive in static characteristics or changing processes. I see myself as a static portrait that slowly changes, so I am dynamic. Very similar to the Picture of Dorian Grey.

Static is where the person decides

2. Yielding/Obstinate - I'll give out free stuff if you give me ideas is what obstinate wants and yielding is I want to get stuff for ideas. I'm LIE, so I'm liable to be a writer. ILI is more like a trader or something.

3. Democratic/Aristocratic - Democrats like learning about people, aristocrats think in terms of group association. Like I'm part of a bunch of politics discords, and don't identify with a political party. Aristocratic people do. Trump is probably democratic.

4. Emotivist/Constructivist - LIE are emotivist. ILI/SLI are constructivist. This means that ILI is going to literally continue being pissed off when they're pissed off and be grumpy whenever, while LIE tends to be more prone to leaving when people get pissed.

5. Positivist/Negativist - Positivist/Negativist is generally seen as yes/no, but that's silly. I'm changing it to sanguine/depressive. I am generally happy, other people are generally depressive.

6. Carefree/Farsighted - Carefree is entirely the idea of it all being find whatever you need in the moment, and just go with what you got. I have stuff all over the place, and I just scramble around and find it when I need it. Pisses my father off a ton, but we'll see.

Farsighted is entirely

7. Process/Result - Caring about single tasking, which is process. Result is multitasking.

8. Strategic/Tactical - Focus on goals and manipulate them. I change goals every 5 seconds. Focus on methods and manipulate them. I tend to use whatever methods I have on hand. I have a backlog of notes on how to do things, and I just generate them to solve problems.

9. Declaring/Asking - Declaring is the big monologue. Like Trump. Asking is dialogue style. I do a mix, because I'm smart.

10. Serious/Merry - Serious is generally seen as being serious, but serious people just take things serious. The world is really a play, and it's more of a question of whether you are playing the game for fun, or to get stuff done. Both are good.

Any questions?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I'm IEI in every Reinin dichotomy except for Process/Result. I'm really struggling to see things otherwise. I'm sure it's quite possible I simply don't understand one or more of the dichotomies, but the others quite easily fit what would be expected of an IEI. I'm very much a process type though as far as I understand things. I've come to wonder if the Reinin dichotomies are better treated as a system separate from Socionics, but perhaps with significant overlap
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Alomoes Despite your best intentions, I think you may be accidentally doing a disservice to, if not Reinin dichotomies, then at least to less knowledgeable people visiting this forum.

The unfortunate thing is that despite being truncated to very small and supposedly clear terms, they do not explicitly describe what it is they are actually referring to. They are shorthand for traits that may be observable in types, and ideally should be easy to use for typing people. However, not only are they misleading in name, but even the descriptions you have provided are so surface level compared to how much they have been scrutinized in the theory, and have expanded in scope so much that even giving them new names would be a serious challenge.

Now please bear in mind that this is no criticism of you yourself, Alomoes, because technically your definitions aren't actually wrong, and definitely do exist in Socionics theory. It's just that they can't really be used to type people unless you read extensively about what each dichotomy is supposed to represent. And once someone does, they might find that there's maybe only one dichotomy that they could comfortable apply to themselves with confidence.

To be clear, I'm not someone who thinks there's no merit to them. I just think that, at this point in time, there's little use in using them for typing purposes unless you really dig into the guts of them.