Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by isuma View Post
    The last thought was 'mass hallucination.' How often do scientists and authority figures tell us that we merely hallucinated something or that something is our imagination or it was 'mass hysteria?' They can tell us that we're having a mass hallucination, but what if we throw that same accusation back at them?

A hundred scientists are all doing some kind of experiment where they use a machine to measure something. All the machines give them the number '42' as the measurement. (I chose that number because of 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.') All the scientists doing the experiments are seeing the number 42 appearing on their machines. This is taken to be irrefutable proof that this experiment is accurate, that this is a real scientific conclusion. All the scientists agree!

But scientists are humans (I think). They have to use their eyes to look at this machine that they're reading the number on. How do we know that all those scientists aren't having a mass hallucination where they all imagined the number 42 appearing on their machine? If they can tell us, 'the public,' that we are all having a mass hallucination or mass hysteria, why can't we say the same thing about them? All those scientists might have imagined the same thing at the same time! They have to use their senses too!
    On the 13th of October 1917, near Fatima, Portugal up to 100,000 people allegedly saw the Sun dance about the sky, even though several billion people elsewhere around the globe did not notice the destruction of the Solar System and the Earth being hurled out into deep space. Clearly, if these people thought they saw this, they are deluded: no matter if there was 100,000 of them.

Scientists base their conclusions on observations with varying levels of certainty: they use these observations to build up falsifiable hypotheses and models (or theories, in the scientific sense). In addition to this, we can know that scientists generally know what they are talking about because science has brought in results unrivaled in any other field: i.e. science works, and has had exponential benefits to humanity.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hollow earth inhabitants vs flat earth inhabitants.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    On the 13th of October 1917, near Fatima, Portugal up to 100,000 people allegedly saw the Sun dance about the sky, even though several billion people elsewhere around the globe did not notice the destruction of the Solar System and the Earth being hurled out into deep space. Clearly, if these people thought they saw this, they are deluded: no matter if there was 100,000 of them.

Scientists base their conclusions on observations with varying levels of certainty: they use these observations to build up falsifiable hypotheses and models (or theories, in the scientific sense). In addition to this, we can know that scientists generally know what they are talking about because science has brought in results unrivaled in any other field: i.e. science works, and has had exponential benefits to humanity.
    Fatima is really special to me. I loved William T. Walsh's book on it.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

Hollow earth inhabitants vs flat earth inhabitants.

Ug! 40 minutes. Probably not going to happen. Any particular place I should skip to for some interesting scene?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Ug! 40 minutes. Probably not going to happen. Any particular place I should skip to for some interesting scene?
    you'll never find the truth with this low level of commitment...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

* poof *
    Last edited by SongOfSapphire; 06-04-2016 at 06:35 PM.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Yeah, way to ask for the cliff notes so you can weigh all of the evidence and consider the pros and cons. "Just gimme the Reader's Digest version, I'll believe it anyway because I'm a gullible sap." I didn't realize this is how people develop informed, rational opinions about the world around them. I guess I've been doing it wrong all of my life.

At least this casual approach to conspiracy theories that have far-reaching implications about the very foundations of science and the nature of reality as we've come to understand it, explains why you misunderstood the Coriolis effect as having something to do with the Earth's curvature several pages back. Yeah, I haven't forgotten about your casual statements that profess your deep and profound ignorance of the subject matter.

off-topic edit: woo! post #737 in this thread! also the model# of my favorite Boeing
    Last edited by Capitalist Pig; 06-04-2016 at 09:45 PM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    you'll never find the truth with this low level of commitment...

I have no idea whether she posted that for me to know the truth, or to be entertained, or to see something else - I have no idea, so, not knowing that I do have a very low level of commitment. Don't you want someone to give you some kind of introduction, some kind of reason, something to pull you in, to get you to consider to invest 40 minutes in "you-have-no-idea-what"??

I just post for the interested, with the exception of an occasional short one, where I say, "Here is why I think you would like this...". Even then, if they don't want to watch it I figure they have their reasons.

Also I think Aylen is not going to take my not wanting to spend 40 min. on "I-don't-know-what", personally. I figure she also "posts for the interested."

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Fatima is really special to me. I loved William T. Walsh's book on it.
    It is clear then that you are very biased in regards what you consider acceptable proof.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    It is clear then that you are very biased in regards what you consider acceptable proof.
    Walsh was an experienced journalist and a published historian, who conducted countless interviews of witnesses for his book. Not only the faithful and the curious who wanted to see the promised miracle, but also the many skeptics and and the non-believing journalists who were there to report on what they saw. The innocent simple children were a powerful testament, too, willing to die rather than lie about it. It is an amazing story, and that will never be forgotten and never fail to ignite faith for all time. Of course, even witnessing Jesus raise Lazurus, dead four days, putrid and stinking, right in front of the faces of the proud Pharisees, did not make them believe. Instead it ignited their plans to kill Him. Because if people do not WANT to believe, they will NOT, and no miracle and no incentive in the world will convince them. ...The human will is a powerful thing.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Walsh was an experienced journalist and a published historian, who conducted countless interviews of witnesses for his book. Not only the faithful and the curious who wanted to see the promised miracle, but also the many skeptics and and the non-believing journalists who were there to report on what they saw. The innocent simple children were a powerful testament, too, willing to die rather than lie about it. It is an amazing story, and that will never be forgotten and never fail to ignite faith for all time. Of course, even witnessing Jesus raise Lazurus, dead four days, putrid and stinking, right in front of the faces of the proud Pharisees, did not make them believe. Instead it ignited their plans to kill Him. Because if people do not WANT to believe, they will NOT, and no miracle and no incentive in the world will convince them. ...The human will is a powerful thing.
    Irrelevant. If the Sun had danced about the sky as described, everybody else on the planet would have noticed it, and the Solar System would have been destroyed.

It is also well-known that mass-hysteria causes such delusions (especially when individuals are expecting something miraculous to occur), as can staring at the Sun for several hours. The fact is, most people do not observe the destruction of the Solar System...and indeed, the Solar System is still here. If you choose to believe otherwise, you are clearly deluded.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

bumpin' dis

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It looks round to me:

Something tells me that the Earth isn't like this:

It's a good thing we live in the 21st century and not the 16th century so we can send a rocket off to space to take actual photos of the Earth.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Something tells me that the Earth isn't like this:...
    And that someting is - you have seen the first images hundreds of times and the ALL represents the views of earth you have seen since you FIRST saw images of the earth when you walked in your kindergarten classroom.

That was easy.

It's a good thing we live in the 21st century and not the 16th century so we can send a rocket off to space to take actual photos of the Earth.
    Except, no, we have NO photographic images of the earth. Not one. They are ALL digital graphics artwork creations*.

That was easy.

You would think they could take ONE photo of the globe-sphere since we have SO MANY satellites cluttering our air space. Just one? Instead, we get this, below (for some reason I am unable to post pics from anywhere on this site anymore. They are all "over my limit". So, I have to give links):

https://fellowshipofminds.files.word...-anomalies.png

As to all those rockets in space" - they don't go up. As we can observe, they go diagonally, sort of sideways, and always over an ocean. Why is that? Because they come right back down over the ocean. See photos in link below, and then you will understand why they don't invite news (and photo) coverage of all these alleged rocket and satellite launches any more like they did for the "moon" trips:

http://www.exohuman.com/wordpress/20...-of-the-earth/

(Scroll down a tiny bit to see the rocket launch pics).

*(NASA has a think for realistic graphic artists... why would they vet this guy, when they have SO MANY satellites and rockets and space stations to take real pictures?:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8xOBoDznc

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

It's called a ballistic trajectory and oceans are largely uninhabited by people. As people in Texas learned after Columbia, it's a bummer to have toxic spaceship debris and sometimes charred human remains rain down in your backyard after a catastrophic failure.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Also, the fact spaceships don't go straight up is evidence of a round earth, not a flat one. Not to mention the earth keeps rotating after the rocket has left the surface and doesn't rotate with it.

Once again your ignorance is showing.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Also, anyone with a weather balloon and a GoPro can, under the right atmospheric conditions, get high enough to see the Earth's curvature. Stop being retarded, please.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the vague feeling that someone already posted this. Aw, what the hell.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

^ 6:24 and the mention of Poe's law reminds me of something else I was going to say. No intelligent person has an honest belief that the Earth is flat. Therefore we should be thanking the people who started circulating this flat earth nonsense, for casting a net around the most gullible of morons and plainly marking them for the rest of rational society to spot as quickly as a neon sign.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    It's called a ballistic trajectory and oceans are largely uninhabited by people. As people in Texas learned after Columbia, it's a bummer to have toxic spaceship debris and sometimes charred human remains rain down in your backyard after a catastrophic failure.
    You just reacted to my statement introducing the link. The problem is not that they start on a ballistic trajectory but that they arch right back down to earth. They don't go into space. Here is the link with the time lapse rocket flight photos, again.See? :

Also, the fact spaceships don't go straight up is evidence of a round earth, not a flat one. Not to mention the earth keeps rotating after the rocket has left the surface and doesn't rotate with it.
    Once again your ignorance is showing.
    So are you saying that the rotating of the earth at 1000mph affects the rockets, who are so fast, and are going up, while it has NO effect on the airplanes, which are much slower, and are going parallel to the spinning earth?? That doesn't make sense. The spinning earth would affect airplane flights more than rocket flights.

Also, anyone with a weather balloon and a GoPro can, under the right atmospheric conditions, get high enough to see the Earth's curvature. Stop being retarded, please.
    You are thinking of fish eye lens images. GoPro cams with and weather balloons show a completely level earth.
    https://flatearthscienceandbible.wor...-earth-proofs/
    https://aplanetruth.info/2015/04/19/...zon-ever-bend/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the motive supposed to be to make people believe the Earth is round if it's not?
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody didn't take high school physics.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are all very bad people for keeping this thread alive.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

And that someting is - you have seen the first images hundreds of times and the ALL represents the views of earth you have seen since you FIRST saw images of the earth when you walked in your kindergarten classroom.

That was easy.
    I don't see why the government and scientists or anyone in particular for that matter has to gain from telling us the world is spherical instead of flat. It doesn't benefit them in any way so it just seems kind of pointless to try to brainwash us to believe it is spherical instead of flat from when we're young. Telling us it's spherical or flat yields the same result for them. Back in the past it made sense to tell us it was flat when it wasn't because of our limited scientific knowledge and our inability to go into space. Nowadays, it makes no sense to lie about it as there is no motive.

Except, no, we have NO photographic images of the earth. Not one. They are ALL digital graphics artwork creations*.

That was easy.

You would think they could take ONE photo of the globe-sphere since we have SO MANY satellites cluttering our air space. Just one? Instead, we get this, below (for some reason I am unable to post pics from anywhere on this site anymore. They are all "over my limit". So, I have to give links):

As to all those rockets in space" - they don't go up. As we can observe, they go diagonally, sort of sideways, and always over an ocean. Why is that? Because they come right back down over the ocean. See photos in link below, and then you will understand why they don't invite news (and photo) coverage of all these alleged rocket and satellite launches any more like they did for the "moon" trips:

(Scroll down a tiny bit to see the rocket launch pics).

*(NASA has a think for realistic graphic artists... why would they vet this guy, when they have SO MANY satellites and rockets and space stations to take real pictures?:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8xOBoDznc
    I don't see why they would forge photos of the Earth from space when you can figure out its round by common sense. Even by using a powerful telescope we can figure out with our own eyes that the moon, the sun and every planet in the solar system is round. Why would the Earth be the only flat planet or significant object in the solar system? It doesn't make any sense that the Earth would defy the laws of physics, while everything else in the solar system follows the laws of physics.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

You just reacted to my statement introducing the link. The problem is not that they start on a ballistic trajectory but that they arch right back down to earth. They don't go into space. Here is the link with the time lapse rocket flight photos, again.See? :
    I'm not clicking on any of those links because they're about as credible as The Onion. Actually, The Onion might have even more credibility than the pages you cite. There's nothing to respond to here because you have zero evidence. Period. Those websites aren't evidence. I can buy a domain and a little bit of webspace or start a blog and make wild and inaccurate accusations all day long. It doesn't make it true.

What it boils down to is there is a ton of corroborating evidence that suggests manned and unmanned spaceflight is real, possible, and that we've done it many times. Ground-based radar arrays, signal telemetry, personal testimony, photographic evidence, eyewitness observations, so on and so fourth all pretty much trump whatever nonsense you've come to accept as fact. The conspiracy is simply too large to be true and is not parsimonious in the least sense.

So are you saying that the rotating of the earth at 1000mph affects the rockets, who are so fast, and are going up, while it has NO effect on the airplanes, which are much slower, and are going parallel to the spinning earth?? That doesn't make sense. The spinning earth would affect airplane flights more than rocket flights.
    Actually, I doubt it affects rockets at all. I'm not a physicist so calling me on this does nothing for your argument. The only effect the rotational speed and direction has on airplanes is an extremely indirect effect (enough so to say it has none at all). However, it does influence the Coriolis effect, which has a significant impact on winds, which are the primary concern of any aviator.

Everything on Earth is already moving at the same speed as Earth. Hence you can jump in the air, but still land in the exact same spot you started from. So there's that.

You are thinking of fish eye lens images. GoPro cams with and weather balloons show a completely level earth.
    https://flatearthscienceandbible.wor...-earth-proofs/
    https://aplanetruth.info/2015/04/19/...zon-ever-bend/
    [video]
    Except for images that are taken from far enough away that the lens doesn't distort the image at all. But of course, every photo ever taken is a forgery, because that's far more believable than literally everything else that proves the Earth is round. You're either a troll or profoundly ignorant.
    Last edited by Capitalist Pig; 09-07-2016 at 01:39 AM. Reason: broke the video link cuz unnecessary for post quote

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've been doing some online searching on youtube and I'm kind of shocked on how many people believe the world is flat. There are youtube videos trying to prove the world is flat with many comments agreeing with it with many likes. There are youtube videos showing Earth from Nasa videos and people are saying they are fake because of whatever reason. I didn't think that in 2016 that this would even be possible. I really hope that the majority of these people are trolls because if they're serious then I'm starting to lose faith in humanity.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I've been doing some online searching on youtube and I'm kind of shocked on how many people believe the world is flat. There are youtube videos trying to prove the world is flat with many comments agreeing with it with many likes. There are youtube videos showing Earth from Nasa videos and people are saying they are fake because of whatever reason. I didn't think that in 2016 that this would even be possible. I really hope that the majority of these people are trolls because if they're serious then I'm starting to lose faith in humanity.

Devolution?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Devolution?

Sometimes I feel we're heading towards this in the future:

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why won't this thread die!

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the limitations of human visual perspective is why magic tricks work, why movie visuals seem real, and why people thought the earth was flat until instruments proved otherwise.

DUH!
    Last edited by wacey; 09-10-2016 at 07:45 PM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    the limitations of human visual perspective is why magic tricks work, why movie visuals seem real, and why people thought the earth was flat until instruments proved otherwise.
    Nope, its actual perspective. You have to use a fish eye camera lens to "prove" the earth curves. Instruments do NOT prove a ball earth. They prove a flat one.

You need theory to "prove" a ball planet, and to prove a far away sun, since actual observation and real science doesn't support it. You need a blackboard full of equations that no one else can understand, so you tell them what they are supposed to think it means.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, its actual perspective. You have to use a fish eye camera lens to "prove" the earth curves. Instruments do NOT prove a ball earth. They prove a flat one.

You need theory to "prove" a ball planet, and to prove a far away sun, since actual observation and real science doesn't support it. You need a blackboard full of equations that no one else can understand, so you tell them what they are supposed to think it means.
    Didn't realize it was backwards day and that you are also a time shifter from the 14th century....!

The bolded reveals it all: "no one else can understand" ........meaning ...you can't understand? I realize trigonometry and geometry is difficult and good ol' pythagoras theorum is such a tedious pain in high school. What grade in math did you get to?

"so you tell them what they are supposed to think it means" huh, ain't that rich. I wonder what other time in human history a group of people held special knowledge that only they could decipher and used to control the masses because no one else could read.....? regardless yous are still wrong.

"since actual observation and real science doesn't support it." hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahaha hah hhhaaa hhah hah haa hhaaa aahhhhhhhh oh hahahah ha oh boy. thank-you, I needed a good laugh.

Everything aside, eliza, do you really think what you say in this thread is the truth? Cause if you are kidding that's fine. 100 points for high level trolling. If you are serious, if you really believe the flat Earth, close Sun stuff, then that's actually a little sad. : /
    Last edited by wacey; 09-14-2016 at 06:06 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting. I remember two ways how to prove that the earth is round.

1) do it the greek way. compare the shadow lengths of two differently located obelisks at noon. but they have to be apart from each other significantly.

2) check out the moon. under right circumstances (around full moon), the sun reflects the earth's silhouette onto the moon itself, creating a crescent shape.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason -- What is the motive for the people who say the Earth is not a sphere?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flat earth theorists have the same mental disorder as conspiracy thinkers namely: Monological thought pattern.

This means, whatever contra evidence you give for their claim, they see it as evidence of the claim. So you can never disprove it, only make it bigger and stranger.

e.g. a suspect does a dna test and it comes out negative, meaning he didn't do it. However a police detective with a monological thought pattern will conclude, goddamned now this suspect also bribed the dna lab!

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Flat earth theorists have the same mental disorder as conspiracy thinkers namely: Monological thought pattern.

This means, whatever contra evidence you give for their claim, they see it as evidence of the claim. So you can never disprove it, only make it bigger and stranger.

e.g. a suspect does a dna test and it comes out negative, meaning he didn't do it. However a police detective with a monological thought pattern will conclude, goddamned now this suspect also bribed the dna lab!
    It saddens me that people who question the media and history and those who believe in silly things like flat earth, reptilians, ghosts and fake moon landings are put in the exact same category: conspiracy theorist. It's either you have to accept everything you are told in the media and history or you accept every other loony toon idea on the internet. Thinking for yourself (questioning everything and coming to your own truth with critical thinking) isn't allowed in this society or at least you are not allowed to be vocal about it and must keep it to yourself for the most part.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Interesting. I remember two ways how to prove that the earth is round.

1) do it the greek way. compare the shadow lengths of two differently located obelisks at noon. but they have to be apart from each other significantly.

2) check out the moon. under right circumstances (around full moon), the sun reflects the earth's silhouette onto the moon itself, creating a crescent shape.
    Ships disappear bottom first when sailing off toward the horizon.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It saddens me that people who question the media and history and those who believe in silly things like flat earth, reptilians, ghosts and fake moon landings are put in the exact same category: conspiracy theorist. It's either you have to accept everything you are told in the media and history or you accept every other loony toon idea on the internet. Thinking for yourself (questioning everything and coming to your own truth with critical thinking) isn't allowed in this society or at least you are not allowed to be vocal about it and must keep it to yourself for the most part.
    Agree. The point is to call for the objective gathering and analysis of evidence and data. It's not accurate to lump all inquiry and skepticism together with lunatic fringe ideas.

It's all well and good to wonder how we know the earth isn't flat, and how long people have been able to figure that out (a very long time). But it does help if the wondering has some understanding of how science works behind it.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

this must be why Trump and his supporters only grow stronger no matter what happens.