Thread: What do the percentages for the functions on the sociotype test mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do the percentages for the functions on the sociotype test mean?

Also, what does it mean ifyour demonstrative and critical parent are greater in percentage in terms ofstrength than your leading function?

Would this be indicative ofsubtype? Would this indicate over-reliance on those functions? Etc.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The results for the functions are divided in: conscious functions and unconscious functions. Every type has specific conscious and unconscious functions, thus only the percentiles of the used function can change, within the same type, but the functions will stay the same.

Both blocks (conscious and unconscious are the 2 blocks forming the Model A) sum up to 100%.

In the results for the conscious block, the amount of strength corresponds to the value. In the results for the unconscious block, the strength is inversely proportional to value.

Example:
    Leading Ne - strength: 35% - value: 35%
    Creative Fi - strength: 40% - value: 40%
    Role Se - strength: 15% - value: 15%
    Polr Ti - strenght: 10% - value: 10%

Suggestive Si- strength: 15% - value: 35%
    Mobilizing Te - strength:10% - value: 40%
    Ignoring Ni - strenght: 35%- value: 15%
    Demon. Fe - strenght: 40%- value: 10%

and in the table of our dual functions we'll have the conscious functions mirrorring the values of our unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by InkMyUmbrella View Post
    Also, what does it mean if your demonstrative and critical parent are greater in percentage in terms of strength than your leading function?
    You mean their demonstrative function is stronger than your leading one? That can be a case of quasi-identical, or benefit (where you're the beneficiary).
    Last edited by ooo; 01-04-2019 at 11:35 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Related to the Sociotype test: one thing I'm curious about is how the "other likely types" are calculated. I've seen puzzling results from my friends' typing where somebody's been 95% likely to be their own quasi-identical (SLI/LSI), 85% as likely to be from an opposing quadra (IEI/IEE). The latter's "quadra values" chart even showed higher preference for delta values whilst overall typing as IEI-1Fe, too. I'd love to see the algorithms for the Sociotype.com test.