Thread: For what is worth intuition?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The future is largely unpredictable no matter a persons "type," there are so many variables that play into any single event unfolding that it is impossible to know for certain. I think it's more a group or multiple groups of people where intuitives could provide future possibilities, ideas, and potential outcomes that can be acted upon by others in order to progress towards a goal or future vision of some sort, adjusting that vision across time as needed. Under these circumstances they could seem like they have some sort of insight.

The stock market generally seems to me to be a good example of the impossibility of accurate future insight. If intuitives make up x amount of the population, then why isn't x percent of the population rich af (or a larger proportion of x, filtering for people who are simply not interested) if they can accurately predict things? Even mutual fund companies with "experts" actively managing and trying to predict the economy and individual businesses, a large proportion of them will fail and need to close or simply will under-perform the market.

http://www.aei.org/publication/more-...ls-cant-do-it/
    @Alomoes might find this article interesting. ^

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

intuition is one of useful info, one of thinking ways, - for anything. if you take it into account, besides other functions, - you may get better results as use more of info. though strong functions give higher quality, to use weaker ones good is harder but possibly with a training

you may construct a plan based on concrete logical analysis, but also you may "feel" where are risky places and work them with more efforts. you may feel outcomes of the processes which are not evident, to feel which outcomes are more possibly to be. to use other intuitive ways of making decisions and understanding of the world

N types have more of conscious attention on imagination and intuitive feelings. better in using them for results

you may choose what product to buy by logical comparision. also you may use "feelings" to what model to trust more
    this mb useful, but may lead to worse choices also
    anyway, N type will take such impressions more seriously and will use them more for the decisions

N types better deal with abstractions and imagination, in general. for example, better in mathematics and theoretical researches. better in writing of sci-fi in the sense of new technologies and more complex texts

etc banal info you may read anywhere

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    The future is largely unpredictable no matter a persons "type," there are so many variables that play into any single event unfolding that it is impossible to know for certain. I think it's more a group or multiple groups of people where intuitives could provide future possibilities, ideas, and potential outcomes that can be acted upon by others in order to progress towards a goal or future vision of some sort, adjusting that vision across time as needed. Under these circumstances they could seem like they have some sort of insight.

The stock market generally seems to me to be a good example of the impossibility of accurate future insight. If intuitives make up x amount of the population, then why isn't x percent of the population rich af (or a larger proportion of x, filtering for people who are simply not interested) if they can accurately predict things? Even mutual fund companies with "experts" actively managing and trying to predict the economy and individual businesses, a large proportion of them will fail and need to close or simply will under-perform the market.

http://www.aei.org/publication/more-...ls-cant-do-it/
    @Alomoes might find this article interesting. ^
    yeah, I didn't mean that they can predict future, I meant intuition (Ni) process information and achieve it over time and get certain patterns from that getting them close to likely possibilities, but its different from logic that can also reach conclusions from information and logically explain the process and conclusions, for what I've seen most intuitive process don't know how they got to certain conclusion or how they got certain information, or even how they know, but they are sure that something is going to develop in certain way or that x person or situation is happening etc. For example, Intuitive ethicals are more concerned with emotions or feelings in them and others, I had this IEI-Ni friend who know how I'd react to certain circumstances (and most ppl don't know since Fe PoLR). I know IEEs who evaluate possibilities for success just based in ethical info (how someone or something makes them feel etc), also one LII f friend makes pretty accurate evaluation of people's potential and failures with just observing them once or listening others talk about certain situations, like for example, knowing that someone lacks "leadership" (which was true) and that some other relationship would evolve into suppression of one of the partners, etc. Then, we as STs, don't trust a bunch of that info or just say "You can't be sure about X stuff will happen in X way", so we brush it and continue with what he had. And that's also part of the problem I framed.

I know this info is useful and I see the value of it in counseling for example, but at the same time I see that even being good at N, such ppl often can't see pretty evident stuff or don't know how to use what they know in a positive way to get some benefit from it -to them and others- (my LII friend has got some benefit though, for example at work, but not in romance for example and was utterly bad at taking care of her health so her Si was low and intuition didn't worked good in there). This is why I say, that, in ideal circumstances, if N and S would cooperate together there would be complimentarily and mutual benefit, but it rarely happens like this. Often ppl don't "trust" other's opinion enough, so ppl (both N and S) end up doing stuff in their own way, failing or partially benefiting, misadjusting and misjudging each others. Then, I see that, in practice, stuff such as determination, optimism and daily work is more fruitful than S/N interactions (and no offense intended and not saying that N/S interactions are fruitless in romance or friendship). I see the value of the information that intuition brings access to (in the correct hands), but I see that most of such info is better when brought through teaching and learning than from, for example, daily interactions since often, exchange of info from N ppl to S ppl and viseversa (especially mixed up with F and T) just ends up in power struggles or clashing.
    Last edited by Hope; 05-13-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    yeah, I didn't mean that they can predict future, I meant intuition (Ni) process information and achieve it over time and get certain patterns from that getting them close to likely possibilities, but its different from logic that can also reach conclusions from information and logically explain the process and conclusions, for what I've seen most intuitive process don't know how they got to certain conclusion or how they got certain information, or even how they know, but they are sure that something is going to develop in certain way or that x person or situation is happening etc. For example, Intuitive ethicals are more concerned with emotions or feelings in them and others, I had this IEI-Ni friend who know how I'd react to certain circumstances (and most ppl don't know since Fe PoLR). I know IEEs who evaluate possibilities for success just based in ethical info (how someone or something makes them feel etc), also one LII f friend makes pretty accurate evaluation of people's potential and failures with just observing them once or listening others talk about certain situations, like for example, knowing that someone lacks "leadership" (which was true) and that some other relationship would evolve into suppression of one of the partners, etc. Then, we as STs, don't trust a bunch of that info or just say "You can't be sure about X stuff will happen in X way", so we brush it and continue with what he had. And that's also part of the problem I framed.

I know this info is useful and I see the value of it in counseling for example, but at the same time I see that even being good at N, such ppl often can't see pretty evident stuff or don't know how to use what they know in a positive way to get some benefit from it -to them and others- (my LII friend has got some benefit though, for example at work, but not in romance for example and was utterly bad at taking care of her health so her Si was low and intuition didn't worked good in there). This is why I say, that, in ideal circumstances, if N and S would cooperate together there would be complimentarily and mutual benefit, but it rarely happens like this. Often ppl don't "trust" other's opinion enough, so ppl (both N and S) end up doing stuff in their own way, failing or partially benefiting, misadjusting and misjudging each others. Then, I see that, in practice, stuff such as determination, optimism and daily work is more fruitful than S/N interactions (and no offense intended and not saying that N/S interactions are fruitless in romance or friendship). I see the value of the information that intuition brings access to (in the correct hands), but I see that most of such info is better when brought through teaching and learning than from, for example, daily interactions since often, exchange of info from N ppl to S ppl and viseversa (especially mixed up with F and T) just ends up in power struggles or clashing.
    I had focused on the first paragraph in your original post and almost completely skipped the second one, my mistake.

There does seem to be a mistrust between parties both N/S and F/T which you have described well. I don't think there is an actual solution that could be implemented to fix this problem as a whole unfortunately. On a small scale, becoming an expert within a field or when making certain decisions and having an excellent track record will of course generate more trust within people whatever your methods. That's the only way I can think of right now, a results oriented approach, because that is the thing that really draws attention or makes people think that the way you are working is more likely to be correct than others.

Of course we could always make some large signs that have doomsday riddled themes about how acceptance of intuition and sensing are required if you want to survive the incoming apocalypse, and stand around in large cities preaching Jung.