Thread: Base function and memory

Default Base function and memory

Do people have a better memory for things related to their base? As opposed to, say, their role function, or restrictive?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dimensional part of the theory would suggest that that answer is yes.
    Every type experiences every type of information. 1D minimum. (4,5)
    Some types of information they've started recognizing has patterns and rules to it. 2D minimum. (3,6)
    Then they start learning and distinguishing when a pattern/rule applies, and when it doesn't. 3D minimum. (2,7)
    Then they understand the type of info well enough to follow how it developed to the current point, and how it might further develop, or what kinds of things might change its development, etc. 4D minimum. (1,8)

The higher up the dimension, the more mental connections one must have to achieve that level.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    Do people have a better memory for things related to their base? As opposed to, say, their role function, or restrictive?
    You just asked a HUGE question that could take a forever or a NEVER to answer.

Why are you asking?

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-Ni, have an exceptional memory.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I have a selective eidetic memory and it seems out of my control since other things trigger them and it comes through in great detail. I also section off and file memories that do not come to me until I need them and/or ready to handle them.

Edit: My memory can allow me to relive a certain experience in a way that I feel I am actually having the experience all over again. I am there physically and mentally. I have the ability to recall parts of past lives in living color. haha People say it is just imagination but it is way more than imagination.

Edit2: I have poor short term memory sometimes. Putting things where they don't belong and such. Losing little things all day long. Until a memory becomes the past it is harder to remember in the present and that probably makes no sense at all. I also feel I have future memories as well. I could go on all day about this.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have bad memory for many things that could be associated with Si (concrete subjective sensory details that should be stabilized). I know SEIs who recall what some room in a building smelled like or if smth. baked has an aroma that is slightly different from the one "it should have".

Before and during my 20s I used to have great memory for facts -- some sort of almost mechanical memorization; I used to love history. Now I mostly recall an idea (in a more abstracted sense). I need extra effort when I have to remember exact quotes and pages in studies, publication years etc. ...but ofc that may be caused by age. I also have a harder time learning new vocabulary in a foreign language in an automatic way ...I have to relate it back to something personally "meaningful" to me ...otherwise I must see a new word 3 times for it to get fixed in my memory.
    Last edited by Amber; 11-22-2014 at 06:09 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably not. You'll have a good memory for anything that really has an impact on you and that can pertain to any function. You should probably just look into the neuroscience of memory and maybe you can glean something from that but from mine I don't think there is anything to suggest it would be related to your base function.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, good question. I want to know how sensors' memory is different from mine.

I have a lot of strong memories associated with physical sensations. Like smell, and the way a room is lit up. Isn't that how a sensor remembers things though? I feel like @Ananke can answer this