TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How subtypes influence PoLR and Suggestive

Hi all.
    I was wondering how an Inert/Contact subtype influences the PoLR and the Suggestive of a TIM. For example, talking about an EII-Ne (Contact subtype), we know that it'll have weaker (PoLR) and stronger (Suggestive).
    How does this influence the Model A?
    Is a type with a less developed Suggestive less likely to notice and to respond to stimuli from that function?
    Vice versa, is a type with a more developed PoLR more likely to accept that function, since he can manage its information quite well?
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    ILE-Ti 6w7 683 so/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll use ILE.

ILE- has a higher tolerance for (stronger ) and a greater need for (weaker ). Discomfort with also comes into play (weakened 2D).
    ILE- has a lower tolerance for (weaker ) and a lower need for (stronger ). Need for also comes into play (weakened 2D).
    cp6w7-3w2-8w7 sx/so ILE--D

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerdle View Post
    I'll use ILE.

ILE- has a higher tolerance for (stronger ) and a greater need for (weaker ). Discomfort with also comes into play (weakened 2D).
    ILE- has a lower tolerance for (weaker ) and a lower need for (stronger ). Need for also comes into play (weakened 2D).
    Thank you, it's clear now. Just one thing though: ILE-Ne has a greater need for due to his very strong , but since is so underdeveloped, this need should be more unconscious, right? Thus, ILE-Ti, with his more developed , is more conscious of seeking it. Am I doing it right?
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    ILE-Ti 6w7 683 so/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Thank you, it's clear now. Just one thing though: ILE-Ne has a greater need for due to his very strong , but since is so underdeveloped, this need should be more unconscious, right? Thus, ILE-Ti, with his more developed , is more conscious of seeking it. Am I doing it right?
    Yes. ILE- needs less, because of their greater competence. But this also leads to a greater focus on it. ILE- needs more , but is less focused on it. You might find an ILE- indulging . If an ILE- does so, something's wrong.
    Last edited by Jerdle; 07-14-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    cp6w7-3w2-8w7 sx/so ILE--D

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good posts prior to this. Keep in mind that the Model still works as it is, just with 0.5-dimensional imbalances which are more minimal than they appear. It's a matter of how preferences are aligned among elements. Don't know whether it affects usage order, @Medusa can probably provide more.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

From my blog:

ILE-Ti example:

My ILE- brother does indulge in sometimes and I find his picky eating is connected to his boosted – often times he refuses to eat certain foods because they are unfamiliar to him, and he likes to revisit the tastes of his favourite foods; his Role is stronger, which can manifest itself in some bursts of aggressive physicality; he seems to be in more "need" of for an ILE, I can literally feel his unconscious "poking" at me so that I "give out" more , as in he'll laugh awkwardly right into my face, or smile widely, trying to get an emotional reaction out of me – or he "trolls" me, and anticipates me getting upset over it, and that makes him laugh; and at last, any kind of comment annoys or confuses him, and when used negatively can hurt and upset him very much. He's gotten into awkward arguments with my LSE-Si father over matters before – my LSE father, with his boosted , will address how he thinks shooter games are "bad", and my ILE brother got very upset over it. And when my LSE father said that only losers play such games, my brother exploded, "How can you say such mean things to me?!", and with his Role (and 8 fix) ended up kicking chairs and cabinets out of impulsive anger.

Inert subtype

It is quite ironic how people who are Inert subtype are in greater need of the DS, but they are also much less aware of it. If someone had shown me the descriptions of each IE, and then asked me which one I was "seeking", I wouldn't have been able to give a straight answer. I would have said "I don't think I seek any IE." When I read about my type "seeking" Se, I was a bit surprised at first, but it quickly made a lot of sense to me over time.

Another interesting aspect about a strong Inert subtype is how their Creative function is weakened, which can make them think that their Creative isn't strong (enough), and also make the person not use it as much. To some extent that is true; if you focus on your HA a lot, your Creative automatically is or gets weakened; but never to the extent it is actually weak (aka 2D or 1D). Only in interaction with other people, the strengths will become more apparent. Around my SEE-Fi sister, I feel like my Fe is not particularly strong; no wonder, she's got 4D Fe that is additionally boosted. But around my ILE-Ti brother, my Fe doesn't seem too weak at all.

When it comes to the PoLR of the Inert subtype, it is "shielded", which means it can endure PoLR hits much more easily. When the Inert subtype is strong enough, their Role can become their "secondary PoLR". Personally, I can find Si almost just as irritating as Te, or sometimes even more so. Regularly do I get into little arguments with my ESE-Si mother in regards to Si stuff. Te PoLR hits from Te leads still hurt at times, but generally I've got a certain detachment from it on some level. There is a glass wall in front of my PoLR. It can be broken not without too much difficulty by someone who has strong enough Te, but it is certainly not as bad as it is for an IEI-Fe who doesn't have that wall in front of their PoLR.

Contact subtype

I've said before how people with the Contact subtype tend to develop a "secondary Dual-seeking", which is their Mobilizing function. I could see the importance of Mobilizing and Dual-seeking almost switching when the Contact subtype is very strong.

With Contact subtype people, when their subtype is strong enough they can get into this arrogant mindset of being able to provide the Dual-seeking for themselves and not needing anyone else to help them in that area. (For example, an LIE-Ni claiming he's got his morals in check and doesn't need anyone to help him with that.) I see that same kind of arrogance with Inert subtype people and their HA. Because of the boosting, the individuals start to assume that they don't "need" anyone's help in that area and that they are perfectly fine at it. Only in interaction with people who are actually good at those IEs, it becomes apparent how mistaken they were; though even then, they might hold unto their delusion.

Partner selection

I've found that generally, Contact subtype people often end up with Look-alike, Mirage, Mirror, their Supervisee, or their Beneficiary.
    Whereas Inert subtype people often end up with Identical, Kindred, Activity, their Supervisor, or their Benefactor.

In both cases, people are not too likely ending up with their Dual.

The Contact subtype might not do so, because they have a boosted focus on their Creative, and are hence more concerned with someone either "fulfilling" their Mobilizing or matching the IE; and because a Dual leads with the IE they may assume they are "good enough at", they are more likely going to end up with a Mirage partner who's got the Creative function they need/desire, and who seems more similar to them on the surface.

The Inert subtype tends to be primarily drawn to individuals who engage in the same IE as their Lead function, because that is where their focus lies and their DS is too unconscious anyway. After that, they typically meet individuals who engage in their HA (that matches their Lead's IE) fairly often, hence the likelihood of ending up with a Benefactor or Activity partner is higher, too.

All in all, it seems like the "no subtype" individuals have the highest chance of meeting and ending up with their Dual, because they have not distorted themselves (willingly or not) into a type that has developed lop-sided foci on different aspects, with the added arrogance of not needing either their Dual-seeking or their HA (or both).
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"