Thread: Identical TWINS check this out, it's very interesting

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Identical TWINS... check this out, it's very interesting.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...photography#/1

I was thinking about it in terms of VI... some of them really do have different shaped chins and eyes from each other. It's intriguing.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post

I was thinking about it in terms of VI... some of them really do have different shaped chins and eyes from each other. It's intriguing.
    Oh this is very interesting.

I definitely think identical twins can be different sociotypes, however I think I've also seen Identical twins who were separated have the same sociotype as well as of course identical twins who are raised together.

There is something unknown that occurs between conception and early child hood that can change sociotype.

It may be possible that many twins raised together are Mirror types or some other socionic relationship, because of the desire to differentiate in a small way.

I think WA here is a identical twin.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know 2 sets of identical twins, and they clearly pertain to the same sociotype, set-wise.

Of course, I cannot make any clear inference from this observation.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post

Well yes, some things they share, some things they differ in. If there would be no differences whatsoever we would not have the right to refer to them as two different objects as we do now.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

interesting - WA what type is your identical twin?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, but those articles are saying that they are different in their preferences, that's not socionically related. Socionics is about information processing not how one information is processed in all people of a certain type. It was clear to Jung that pegging what object will make what impression on a person is impossible. He said, if only we are able to make a distinction of what objects make an impression, then we can know easily of which type is which, but we aren't able to.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    interesting - WA what type is your identical twin?
    we're thinking EII...

she's one of the very few people in my life that i've talked socionics with, but she's not too interested in it right now per what i'm aware of. She thought it was kinda cool, but didn't really want to get too in depth with it, and it's the sort of thing that i cant really explain too well in a clear concise way to her...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the differences are negligible. complete non-story and a further confirmation that twins VI the same.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, they must be totally unique with all their preferrences. They just 90% of the time favour identical hairstyles.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Commenter above happens to be funny.

I'm an identical twin. She is SEE i am ESI. Some would say I'm SEE so there ya go. We VI similarly with a slight difference. (If you think VI is mostly about bone structure, think again)

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

these are very clearly photoshopped to all shit- are they even twins?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About half of them I think have different Px. Just the way they focus their eyes.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carrina View Post

I'm an identical twin. She is SEE i am ESI. Some would say I'm SEE so there ya go. We VI similarly with a slight difference. (If you think VI is mostly about bone structure, think again)
    Do you think its possible that the two of you, being so much alike, yet knowing each other so well, are super-aware of the particular differences between your personalities, so that when typing each other you focus maybe a bit too much on the differences? Anyway, both are Gamma's so that makes sense. Interestign that you type each other as Mirrors when twins often mirror each other. Also, some twins are literal "mirrors" in that one is a lefty, the other right, and their hair parts on opposite sides, and they cross opposite legs... such is the case with the twins I mention below. At any rate, if you are ever doubting your conclusion, looking at Model A for ESI and SEE, and Reinin dichotomies for the two, might get you more sure.

The two young girls whose mom takes them shopping separately, and they pick out the same clothes, reminded me of my ex's twin sisters. One Christmastime they had both secretly and excited shared with us their exciting surprise-gift for their twin - they had both picked out the same sapphire ring for each other and were both equally clueless of the possibility the the other had bought the same thing. Their surprise, which we had all anticipated, when they opened their gifts on Christmas morning was precious! What made it even more interesting was there was a previous Christmas when they both excitedly bought each other the same watch! In both cases, neither had expressed a desire for a watch or a ring, they just had the same inspiration for a great surprise the same time.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mirror relations....makes sense for identical twins. interesting!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Do you think its possible that the two of you, being so much alike, yet knowing each other so well, are super-aware of the particular differences between your personalities, so that when typing each other you focus maybe a bit too much on the differences? Anyway, both are Gamma's so that makes sense. Interestign that you type each other as Mirrors when twins often mirror each other. Also, some twins are literal "mirrors" in that one is a lefty, the other right, and their hair parts on opposite sides, and they cross opposite legs... such is the case with the twins I mention below. At any rate, if you are ever doubting your conclusion, looking at Model A for ESI and SEE, and Reinin dichotomies for the two, might get you more sure.

The two young girls whose mom takes them shopping separately, and they pick out the same clothes, reminded me of my ex's twin sisters. One Christmastime they had both secretly and excited shared with us their exciting surprise-gift for their twin - they had both picked out the same sapphire ring for each other and were both equally clueless of the possibility the the other had bought the same thing. Their surprise, which we had all anticipated, when they opened their gifts on Christmas morning was precious! What made it even more interesting was there was a previous Christmas when they both excitedly bought each other the same watch! In both cases, neither had expressed a desire for a watch or a ring, they just had the same inspiration for a great surprise the same time.
    She doesn't know Socionics, i typed us both.
    We're mirror image twins lol. So I'm a clone.

Yeah I've looked at dichotomies and model A fit myself. I have an emphasis on se but i think in fi+si, but i don't talk about fi stuff. I talk about te or ti stuff. Anyway with dichotomies I'm a clear esi. ESI-C fits me really well. I rarely ever react to polr problems. It happens, but almost never. (I'm not afraid of not knowing outcomes of situations) and sometimes i go all ne and love new ideas. But I'm still ne polr. The other type that i could see for myself is SEE-N or H.
    But it's all speculation at this point and I'm not horribly concerned with the outcome. Not sure there is much of a difference between ESI-C and SEE-H.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    mirror relations....makes sense for identical twins. interesting!
    Mirror image twins at that!

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh hell. I'll post the pic of us. Please note, we didn't intend on making exactly the same expression. It's funny because this is not a facial expression that either of us keep on our faces often, or ever if i can recall properly. She's wearing makeup. When we were younger i cannot tell the difference between photographs of us. (When she was thinner)

389602_230297500419760_704864962_n.jpg

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh hell. I'll post the pic of us. Please note, we didn't intend on making exactly the same expression. It's funny because this is not a facial expression that either of us keep on our faces often, or ever if i can recall properly. She's wearing makeup. When we were younger i cannot tell the difference between photographs of us. (When she was thinner)

389602_230297500419760_704864962_n.jpg
    wow that's amazing! my sister and i dont look that much alike... we can tell each other apart in all our childhood photos without difficulty
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She doesn't know Socionics, i typed us both.
    We're mirror image twins lol. So I'm a clone.

Yeah I've looked at dichotomies and model A fit myself. I have an emphasis on se but i think in fi+si, but i don't talk about fi stuff. I talk about te or ti stuff. Anyway with dichotomies I'm a clear esi. ESI-C fits me really well. I rarely ever react to polr problems. It happens, but almost never. (I'm not afraid of not knowing outcomes of situations) and sometimes i go all ne and love new ideas. But I'm still ne polr. The other type that i could see for myself is SEE-N or H.
    But it's all speculation at this point and I'm not horribly concerned with the outcome. Not sure there is much of a difference between ESI-C and SEE-H.
    I have not much followed that kind of subtyping. The other just makes sense to me (the N,H etc. did not make sense at first pass, and I never went back to it, is all). I wonder if often twins would be the same on type but differing subtypes... because in any well-ordered pair, over time one's strengths get stronger from use, and ones weaknesses get weaker, maybe, because you can rely on the other to do it for you.

At any rate, with your comment, "... but i don't talk about fi stuff. I talk about te or ti stuff." it makes ESI a good fit! An MBTI book I read some time back explained a difference between Extroverts and Introverts in an analogy of a General in an army and a Private (or assistant). The General would be the main part of one's personality, the private would be the assisting part (not the main). The Extrovert keeps the private inside his tent taking care of less important matters, paperwork, etc., and he, the General, goes out to meet the people. The Introvert General stays inside the tent taking care of important matters and sends the Private out to meet the people and take care of those less important matters.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"