Thread: What's My Type Round 2

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    That's super interesting, because you didn't seem like an SLE when you played piano and sang lullabies like a ****** on voice chat @Olimpia @niffer
    Women in general like when men play instruments or have an interesting hobby like that, contrary to what you think. Calling them ******s wont make women like you more.

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Women in general like when men play instruments or have an interesting hobby like that, contrary to what you think. Calling them ******s wont make women like you more.
    I've played guitar for 11 years

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    I've played guitar for 11 years
    So you're a ******, too?

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    Epitome of + , is not even funny.

Lol, yu think everyone is EIE, and for the same flimsy reasons too.
    You're right, my reasons are kind of flimsy, or maybe 'simple' is a way to put it, in that i'd rather not complicate and create clutter.

But there's more too, when I seen your thread, I seen loads and loads of copy/paste by you, and tests being sat. There were a few things that came to mind, one of them being that it was role Te - it was a form of Te, based that it was information, but Te isn't just about facts, but about the function of those facts. Other reasons too for EIE, but, I know I can be wrong, and I thought to myself, why take the wind out your sails? You seem to be enjoying yourself, and also, when I give information, I make a decision on how much to give for several reasons, one being how much knowledge/expertise do they really have, so depending on the level of the persons development, will have an influence on how much I share, as bizarre as it may seem maybe to you, it's a way that I show caring. Of course there's other things too, but mostly to me this is common sense (or maybe my common sense).

Well, for what it's worth, this is just some insight into my procedures for this. I think Cuivienen is EIE, mostly because of valued Se and his main method of communication (assessing information based on it's initial energetic condition, which is Fe), of course, he could just be doing stuff for other reasons, who knows.

Also, It may be that you were just having some fun with your comment, I get that, and for that it's fine too: I tend to react on information and function first (T type) placing value on serious communications. Of course, the more familiar with someone, these variables can change.

So at least, thank you for letting me talk, I hope I was(n't) too boring haha

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    I think that approach is a bit like painting a picture where you randomly throw all of the colours haphazardly onto the frame, because oooh soo much fun! What will happen!? I love to improvise when working, but I don't dismiss the value of form, direction and design either. They are all valuable skills to learn.
    I don't get prominent either, but hey, they come up with great stuff.

Delta humor?!? Does that even exist?
    It does, but it's childish and old at the same time, definitely an adquired taste but once you do, it can be hilarious. It's more like you're laughing at the person than at the joke, at least for me.

I knew that's what you intended by a "fit", haha. I just saw an opportunity to flip the word back and catch everyone off guard, so I took it.

Anyway it looks like I've made some progress towards finding out my type, so thanks.

Lol, you're cute, really

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're a ******, too?
    Playing instruments is cool obviously, that's not what I'm getting at

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't get prominent either, but hey, they come up with great stuff.
    The user needs to work on their HA if they are to achieve (though, this is just as true for types as well).

It does, but it's childish and old at the same time, definitely an adquired taste but once you do, it can be hilarious. It's more like you're laughing at the person than at the joke, at least for me.
    Deltas do come across as rather childlike. My sense of humor is much more blunt and shock value; people wonder "Shit, is he serious or not?"

Lol, you're cute, really
    Does this mean that you want to have sex with me?

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    You're right, my reasons are kind of flimsy, or maybe 'simple' is a way to put it, in that i'd rather not complicate and create clutter.
    Giving valid reasoning it's not complicating, quite the opposite, it's what cleans the clutter itself, at least for me.

But there's more too, when I seen your thread,I seen loads and loads of copy/paste by you, and tests being sat. There were a few things that came to mind, one of them being that it was role Te - it was a form of Te, based that it was information, but Te isn't just about facts, but about the function of those facts. Other reasons too for EIE, but, I know I can be wrong, and I thought to myself, why take the wind out your sails? You seem to be enjoying yourself, and also, when I give information, I make a decision on how much to give for several reasons, one being how much knowledge/expertise do they really have, so depending on the level of the persons development, will have an influence on how much I share, as bizarre as it may seem maybe to you, it's a way that I show caring. Of course there's other things too, but mostly to me this is common sense (or maybe my common sense).
    Please don't take this as an attack because it's not at all, but this an excellent example of PoLR. I made it explicit in both my typing thread (and several times at that) and on my first reply on this one that I don't enjoy not having a definitive answer. I used pretty colorful language to express my despair (no exaggeration) at not being able to nail down my type. That you'd miss all of this and think I was "enjoying myself"...I mean, I can see why you keep erroneously attributing a leading type to people, you're blind to it.

But yes I do understand your concern and I appreciate it, it's quite decent of you.

Well, for what it's worth, this is just some insight into my procedures for this. I think Cuivienen is EIE, mostly because of valued Se and his main method of communication (assessing information based on it's initial energetic condition, which is Fe), of course, he could just be doing stuff for other reasons, who knows.

Also, It may be that you were just having some fun with your comment, I get that, and for that it's fine too: I tend to react on information and function first (T type) placing value on serious communications. Of course, the more familiar with someone, these variables can change.

So at least, thank you for letting me talk, I hope I was(n't) too boring haha
    I meant what I said, but I'm Merry and you're Serious, so that's the difference, we're both Logical types. It's the tone that makes the difference, not the content.

Confirmed that you mistake for , and yes a SxE (and E3 at that) has other reasons behind their social interactions. It's natural for you not to get that, you work in a total different way.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deltas do come across as rather childlike. My sense of humor is much more blunt and shock value; people wonder "Shit, is he serious or not?"

That reaction is classic when it comes to darker , it used to irritate me 'cuz I thought my intent was obvious, but now I quite enjoy playing with their confusion.

Does this mean that you want to have sex with me?
    Oh now that you decided I'm not an unattractive cp6 after all you wanna get frisky? Unfortunately you abhor precisely what I love in bed, so no can do

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giving valid reasoning it's not complicating, quite the opposite, it's what cleans the clutter itself, at least for me.

Please don't take this as an attack because it's not at all, but this an excellent example of PoLR. I made it explicit in both my typing thread (and several times at that) and on my first reply on this one that I don't enjoy not having a definitive answer. I used pretty colorful language to express my despair (no exaggeration) at not being able to nail down my type. That you'd miss all of this and think I was "enjoying myself"...I mean, I can see why you keep erroneously attributing a leading type to people, you're blind to it.

But yes I do understand your concern and I appreciate it, it's quite decent of you.

I meant what I said, but I'm Merry and you're Serious, so that's the difference, we're both Logical types. It's the tone that makes the difference, not the content.

Confirmed that you mistake for , and yes a SxE (and E3 at that) has other reasons behind their social interactions. It's natural for you not to get that, you work in a total different way.
    It's OK, I don't take it as an attack, I'm aware of the differences in Fi and Fe communication styles, as in i'm aware of my weaknesses, but, still, to me a discussion is really a debate which is really an argument dressed as civilized. I prefer to give my reasons in terms of conversations, which are usually best done in quiet tones, not ideal for Beta gatherings.

I don't always attribute Fe leading to everyone though, just yourself and culvienen, but, I'm willing and happy to be wrong: Other information is needed such as photos/videos, even then without IRL it's difficult to say, just reducing the margins. Other types I've gave people, ILI (can't remember the persons name), EII, LII, and maybe some others.

You're a cool person playing with fire, thank you for being around

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That reaction is classic when it comes to darker , it used to irritate me 'cuz I thought my intent was obvious, but now I quite enjoy playing with their confusion.
    It is fun to pretend to be oblivious and innocent, when you are of course actually fully aware of what you are doing and why.

Oh now that you decided I'm not an unattractive cp6 after all you wanna get frisky? Unfortunately you abhor precisely what I love in bed, so no can do
    We just seem to be getting on well so why not? You can always try before you buy

Oh and I'm curious, how have you inferred that what you love in bed I will abhor? Just Socionics? That seems kind of rough, lol.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's OK, I don't take it as an attack, I'm aware of the differences in Fi and Fe communication styles, as in i'm aware of my weaknesses, but, still, to me a discussion is really a debate which is really an argument dressed as civilized. I prefer to give my reasons in terms of conversations, which are usually best done in quiet tones, not ideal for Beta gatherings.
    You see that's where definitions come into play, because I agree 100% with yours about what an ideal debate is. But we see methods differently, to me it's like "present your evidence and make a convincing case with your reasoning!", kinda like a court case if you will. I understand to you it's more like a conversation then, correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't always attribute Fe leading to everyone though, just yourself and culvienen, but, I'm willing and happy to be wrong: Other information is needed such as photos/videos, even then without IRL it's difficult to say, just reducing the margins. Other types I've gave people, ILI (can't remember the persons name), EII, LII, and maybe some others.

You're a cool person playing with fire, thank you for being around
    Even though it's Suggestive here we can see mindset: "is difficult to say" When you're / with strong you believe the exact opposite, even if you also can be wrong and have to revise.

Oh you're totally cute too, and not boring at all as you said

We just seem to be getting on well so why not? You can always try before you buy

Oh and I'm curious, how have you inferred that what you love in bed I will abhor? Just Socionics? That seems kind of rough, lol.
    No, actually you made it pretty clear you like mutual animal sex and hates any resemblance of female domination. So I better stick to my quadra where my style is not only welcomed, but very much appreciated. Besides there's nothing more unattractive in a man to me than when he thinks women should fit this or that criteria, and evaluates them like products on a shelf Gamma girls not only don't mind but actually love that dynamic, so you're covered

Yeah, rough is how I like it, but I give not take

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You see that's where definitions come into play, because I agree 100% with yours about what an ideal debate is. But we see methods differently, to me it's like "present your evidence and make a convincing case with your reasoning!", kinda like a court case if you will. I understand to you it's more like a conversation then, correct me if I'm wrong.

Even though it's Suggestive here we can see mindset: "is difficult to say" When you're / with strong you believe the exact opposite, even if you also can be wrong and have to revise.

Oh you're totally cute too, and not boring at all as you said
    No haha I am quite boring, it's OK though haha.

I'm OK with being Ne suggestive too. I wear my heart on my sleeve so as to speak. I've did a lot of fast living and have reached the stage now where I want a wife, i've got an OK job and stuff and i've found IEE's are the best match for me, not just for theory but what gives me most delights, so I am open to the receptiveness of it all, and comfortable enough in my position in my life (that is, some stability, things are mostly on top of), that I don't have to struggle too much, so for sure, Ne suggestive. Also one of the reasons for being here, for occasional Ne, that and for a friend I'm hanging about for now.

I have mixed opinions on debate/conversation, but I agree with you that preferred styles of it is quadra related for sure. My own take is many debates occur because of people's egos, it's important their opinion is validated via anothers acceptance - which isn't what I'm saying about you at all, just what I notice from how debates can be. I'm secure enough in myself that i'm willing to let things go, not that I can't debate or even defend myself pretty well (strong but unvalued Se), but I prefer other fish to fry as life objectives for now.

Told you i'm boring, but it's a cool boring

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No haha I am quite boring, it's OK though haha.

I'm OK with being Ne suggestive too. I wear my heart on my sleeve so as to speak. I've did a lot of fast living and have reached the stage now where I want a wife, i've got an OK job and stuff and i've found IEE's are the best match for me, not just for theory but what gives me most delights, so I am open to the receptiveness of it all, and comfortable enough in my position in my life (that is, some stability, things are mostly on top of), that I don't have to struggle too much, so for sure, Ne suggestive. Also one of the reasons for being here, for occasional Ne, that and for a friend I'm hanging about for now.

I have mixed opinions on debate/conversation, but I agree with you that preferred styles of it is quadra related for sure. My own take is many debates occur because of people's egos, it's important their opinion is validated via anothers acceptance - which isn't what I'm saying about you at all, just what I notice from how debates can be. I'm secure enough in myself that i'm willing to let things go, not that I can't debate or even defend myself pretty well (strong but unvalued Se), but I prefer other fish to fry as life objectives for now.

Told you i'm boring, but it's a cool boring
    Allow me to have my own verdict will you, there are types I find chronically boring, Deltas are not part of the list

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Playing With Fire

Sex to me is about intense physical (and emotional) self-expression. I throw a lot of sexual energy and intent at someone, hope that they will like that and throw themselves back at me, to push me into being even more intense and aroused. Female "dominance" does not bother me in an intimate setting, but it's important for women to understand that I don't see intimacy in terms of dominance and submission to begin with. There is no fixed hierarchy between me and my mate.

Instead I just do what I want according to my desire, and encourage her to do the same. So whoever feels like it will ideally just take the other person, only to receive less compliance than expected. My style has a lot of squeezing and pushing, I like forcing a struggling girl down and then kissing her a lot, with her arms and legs locked around me as she accepts my seed. Yeah, I guess would be me claiming a girl as my mate in a kind of animal way, if you wanted to get really analytical.

However, unlike you, I'm not a true dominant but a switch, so it's very important for me to receive this treatment as well as give it. Therefore we could hypothetically be compatible, unless you feel a need to be in control all of the time

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

have you ever noticed you seem to go out of your way to associate yourself with the trappings of culture and refinement, yet demonstrate real boorishness at every turn? I guess the question becomes which polr, Ti Ni Fi Fe Te? on the whole it seems like a failure of perception, but I could be wrong about that. either way there's a real failure in re norms here, I feel like SLE could be accurate. no LSEs I know like to linger on ethical topics except as listeners. I feel like sensing is obvious because the disjunction in time leaps out, I refuse to believe strong intuition could manifest in this way. On the other hand, you don't seem logical either, so I think this could be a case of Fi ignoring Ni polr, since the introverted perception is clearly lacking and so is the Fi. By all accounts you are polite in real interaction, so perhaps ESE. SEE seems unlikely simply because strong Fi and valued Ni would seem to me to preclude these sort of antics, although perhaps Ti polr could explain it. At the end of the day it might simply be easiest to ask who actually likes you, because that might wittle things way down, and work under the assumption that is a favorable ITR. How did things go with Hatchback?

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Playing With Fire

Sex to me is about intense physical (and emotional) self-expression. I throw a lot of sexual energy and intent at someone, hope that they will like that and throw themselves back at me, to push me into being even more intense and aroused. Female "dominance" does not bother me in an intimate setting, but it's important for women to understand that I don't see intimacy in terms of dominance and submission to begin with. There is no fixed hierarchy between me and my mate.

Instead I just do what I want according to my desire, and encourage her to do the same. So whoever feels like it will ideally just take the other person, only to receive less compliance than expected. My style has a lot of squeezing and pushing, I like forcing a struggling girl down and then kissing her a lot, with her arms and legs locked around me as she accepts my seed. Yeah, I guess would be me claiming a girl as my mate in a kind of animal way, if you wanted to get really analytical.

However, unlike you, I'm not a true dominant but a switch, so it's very important for me to receive this treatment as well as give it. Therefore we could hypothetically be compatible, unless you feel a need to be in control all of the time
    Yeah I'd beat you up if you tried to pull that shit with me, like I have before

And yes, that's the deal with me, so we only work as amigos

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    have you ever noticed you seem to go out of your way to associate yourself with the trappings of culture and refinement, yet demonstrate real boorishness at every turn? I guess the question becomes which polr, Ti Ni Fi Fe Te? on the whole it seems like a failure of perception, but I could be wrong about that. either way there's a real failure in re norms here, I feel like SLE could be accurate. I know LSEs tend to not to linger on ethical topics, making me think Fi is more of a superego thing not superid for you

You got more issues than the Times and is even more bullshit filled too. Go seek the treatment you need instead of vomiting your self hate on people. You're a stale joke and sad, sad, sad.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah I'd beat you up if you tried to pull that shit with me, like I have before
    Lolol now I want to know what are you going to do to me

And yes, that's the deal with me, so we only work as amigos
    OK haha.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

E S E
    S
    E

Bertrand 2k17.

It's a sign

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Eh, comments like the "******" one Viktor made earlier are textbook projection, so I'm not going to waste much time on them. I appreciate you defending me anyway, though. You are a good person - and sexy

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At the end of the day it might simply be easiest to ask who actually likes you, because that might wittle things way down, and work under the assumption that is a favorable ITR. How did things go with Hatchback?
    If we go by interactions off 16types:

My best relationships are all with Gammas. My best friend is a confirmed ILI - he's taken the Sociotype.com test (he's also an SX/SP 5w4). My favourite family member (uncle) is an SEE, and my flatmate last year, who I really liked, was also an SEE. I connected really well with both an SEE and an LIE who I met a couple of weekends ago. I can also get on well with Irrational Betas (esp. SLE) and Deltas (esp. IEE), though misunderstandings may arise - we don't often understand each others' motives. I have attracted a lot of IEI and EII women, but ultimately find them too submissive and concerned about how others perceive them. By contrast I am toxic to most Alphas, especially the Rational Alphas LII and ESE. Their nitpicking, goofiness and inability to focus on a single course of action drives me nuts.

Favorable Enneagram combinations are just as important. The higher placed the SX instinct, the more likely it is that we'll get on. I also have a particular problem relating to Enneagram 6s, who I find overly reactive, anxious and unstable.

Re Hatchback: Any private discussions I have with him are our business, so I won't discuss them here.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 11-29-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you ever noticed you seem to go out of your way to associate yourself with the trappings of culture and refinement, yet demonstrate real boorishness at every turn? I guess the question becomes which polr, Ti Ni Fi Fe Te? on the whole it seems like a failure of perception, but I could be wrong about that. either way there's a real failure in re norms here, I feel like SLE could be accurate. no LSEs I know like to linger on ethical topics except as listeners. I feel like sensing is obvious because the disjunction in time leaps out, I refuse to believe strong intuition could manifest in this way. On the other hand, you don't seem logical either, so I think this could be a case of Fi ignoring Ni polr, since the introverted perception is clearly lacking and so is the Fi. By all accounts you are polite in real interaction, so perhaps ESE. SEE seems unlikely simply because strong Fi and valued Ni would seem to me to preclude these sort of antics, although perhaps Ti polr could explain it. At the end of the day it might simply be easiest to ask who actually likes you, because that might wittle things way down, and work under the assumption that is a favorable ITR. How did things go with Hatchback?
    Well who likes you? And also relying heavily on others being typed correctly too is not the best way, but really you're just trying to mess with people ... again.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If we go by interactions off 16types:
    sorry, I meant that since its hard to know how accurate your typing of unknown third parties are, we can at least begin to put together a picture if you talk about favorable ITRs here. is there anyone who you find relaxing or otherwise smypatico here on the forums that might indicate favorable ITR?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

sorry, I meant that since its hard to know how accurate your typing of unknown third parties are, we can at least begin to put together a picture if you talk about favorable ITRs here. is there anyone who you find relaxing or otherwise smypatico here on the forums that might indicate favorable ITR?
    itrs only matter in really personal relationships

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't become relaxed easily unless I'm really tired and trying to sleep, lololol.

I like to feel focused, direct and turned on, like there's a smooth flow with strong magnetism. Who makes me feel that way? Oh hahaha, now this is going to be fun.

@Aylen Mysterious exotic kind of hot. I feel curious to have more whenever I talk to her, like she's a puzzle for me to unravel, mhm.

@Playing With Fire Very easy to feel charged and hungry, as I like her aggression. This combination is HIGH ENERGY.

Hmm, it seems that I like the people who you don't like. Maybe that says something.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    itrs only matter in really personal relationships
    actually ITRs manifest meaningfully at all distances, in fact distance can be a valuable consideration in determining the true nature of the ITR. not to mention one of the best ways to manage unfavorable ITRs is to maintain a level of distance. so if you have a boss you must get along with, which I think counts as "mattering", you want to use psychological distance as a tool in order to keep things positive. your attempt to intervene is noted tho

Hmm, it seems that I like the people who you don't like. Maybe that says something.
    yeah definitely, I think we're onto something here! I wonder if @Aylen has any of that Ni insight for us to share in regard to all this

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

actually ITRs manifest meaningfully at all distances, in fact distance can be a valuable consideration in determining the true nature of the ITR. not to mention one of the best ways to manage unfavorable ITRs is to maintain a level of distance. so if you have a boss you must get along with, which I think counts as "mattering", you want to use psychological distance as a tool in order to keep things positive. your attempt to intervene is noted tho
    okay so you think knowing some dude vaguely from a forum that uve never seen in before in ur life is enough to slap a itr lable on? you go dude

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

characterizing the ITR is no different than characterizing the "vibes" someone gives off; if all we go off of is literal text it completely circumvents what personality measures which is what people mean when they use words, it begs the question even harder than the idea of "vibes" as to what type they are because it just consigns words to their literal meaning and then plugs them into a rote system we likewise assume to mean exactly what it says. none of that is particularly justified across most circumstances, and is just as prejudicial, so I feel like your point while not without any merit, fails to realize it implicates a generalized difficulty to typing itself and not simply a problem only my approach here is susceptible to

it also means we should just take a test and accept whatever the result is by that logic, which is fine, but not really what this thread is about, so you don't really disagree with me but with this entire effort in general, so I find it conspicuous your exception on this particular point. back to my wild imagination, I do think this indicates a degree of simpatico with cuvininny which would implicate like values to some extent. intredasting

all that to say if a person says "I feel comfortable around this person" it means something, maybe not as much as it means when you say it about your wife of 20 years, but its still a data point that is more than nothing, so while it doesn't conclusively determine real ITR its just another way to say "this person makes me feel reminiscent of conflict" or whatever and it can be considered accordingly. far from useless and inasmuch as its a third party known to all it allows for a degree of triangulation. for example if ITRs are meaningless in all but the closest relations then society should not organize itself by quadra at all, but it does, because people act out ITRs regardless of how they aware they are of them or how accurately they "type" other people. in fact ITRs give rise to type far more than type gives rise to ITR, at least from my point of view. that's why all I need is a name of "liked" people to be able to get quite a bit of insight, we need not speculate as to their actual type, just their own valued aspects. to say "I get along with ILI" while own type is in question is so abstract as to be absurd because how do you know this person is ILI if your entire base type is in question. perhaps it would be better to say "I feel comfortable around person x I believe is ILI" but if you could say "I feel comfortable around Aylen" it says far more, because everyone knows Aylen, regardless of what they believe of her type, so they can connect the dots however they so choose which means Aylen's own self typing errors need not confound the calculation. even if she is properly typed all the better, but its just as helpful without a self typing for the reason it can add meaningful information even in the absence of an accurate type, which is not really something "I feel comfortable around ILI" can really do, at least not to the same extent (its really saying "I feel comfortable around what I believe are the qualities of ILI"--which could mean a lot of things, in truth).

if we presuppose that people's self typings are accurate its like why even be here asking, besides it also blatantly flies in the face of reality if for no other reason people change type, they can't be both accurate unless we believe type itself changes

an even deeper question is why presuppose we know what an ITR feels like at all? what if conflict is really true love. this is actually a serious problem and goes to the fact the language itself fails to establish at some point what can only be taken on faith, which is essentially the true measurement problem of personality type in general. it also bears keeping in mind the ITR were formulated from the perspective of ILE as the integral and SEI as dual, which is not trivial information. it is why reading strat and gulenko adds a lot of depth to what socionics really represents, because it fleshes it out across different dimensions

this is how an Fi dom could potentially have ITR totally backward according to the objective world but it would nevertheless be entirely meaningful and accurate as to the words assigned to the inner feeling. if betas make you feel conflict and you internally sincerely believe that, you could easily distort the entire system around that. this is what IEEs tend to do with everything, and tend to recognize when other people do it, and they simply tune into it in order to understand their vis-a-vis. this is problematic when confronted with empirical reality, but until socionics solves the measurement problem it is actually a valid approach to socionics, as valid as any other because what is the objective reality? no one knows. This is why socionics is primarily a therapeutic tool anyway, because the words are less important than the work. actually productive use would be an improvement in ITR, regardless of what you call it. in that sense I would definitely agree that IRL relationships certainly are more meaningful because you could easily sacrifice quite a bit of internet love on that altar
    Last edited by Bertrand; 11-29-2017 at 09:07 PM.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah definitely, I think we're onto something here! I wonder if @Aylen has any of that Ni insight for us to share in regard to all this
    Well both her and @maniac are currently in contention to be my official wife on 16types. I always have my eye on someone special. You can officiate at the ceremony if you like. Oh, this has given me an idea now.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I will totally marry you and Aylen

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Well both her and @maniac are currently in contention to be my official wife on 16types. I always have my eye on someone special. You can officiate at the ceremony if you like. Oh, this has given me an idea now.
    ghost was curious if you had a big tool.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    I am not sure what her standards are, but if she's keen to meet, tell her she's welcome to bring a ruler along and examine my manhood.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    ??

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Hahaha this thread went off-the-rails fast.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Hahaha this thread went off-the-rails fast.
    I very much like the way that it's going

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I will totally marry you and Aylen
    LOL you guys. Thanks Cui that is very sweet. My boyfriend might not like this idea but I will ask. Bert I do not put my socionics type in my TIM. Never have that I can remember and that is on purpose. People can speculate if they want since I trust that people who have no agenda to retype me will actually read my posts and decide based on their knowledge of socionics and possibly intuition. If they are typing me on like/dislike then not my issue. I do not need your assistance finding my type since I know it. FTR, typing by quadra is a terrible idea online, probably irl too. You need to focus on your own lead function and you don't need to hurry it since it is not a race. Leads to mistyping. I like different people from all 4 quadras and have no affinity for some who self type in mine.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I very much like the way that it's going
    Dat Sx.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    LOL you guys. Thanks Cui that is very sweet. My boyfriend might not like this idea but I will ask.
    LOL! Yeah I don't want to be obnoxious or anything.

I will get back to you about my other idea later, got to go, I've an interview for an IT programme in 15 minutes.

But by all means keep posting your sexual fantasies, everyone.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

LOL! Yeah I don't want to be obnoxious or anything.

I will get back to you about my other idea later, got to go, I've an interview for an IT programme in 15 minutes.

But by all means keep posting your sexual fantasies, everyone.
    Good luck on the interview.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Good luck on the interview.
    Thank you, it went well, she held onto my every word.

I don't have the qualifications for the programme because it's postgraduate and universities are always about making exceptions for a straight white male; you need to have a lot of previous experience. But she said she'd talked to her boss yesterday and is trying to make an exception for me. I love to get women fighting for me We will see, either way I have options, as there is another group I can contact (music production) for an audition. I always enjoy performance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast