Hybrid View

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be that the person constellates something in your unconscious. So you see your own unconscious in the person. If it is romantic then it is Anima projection.

This is not very informative, I know.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Usually when I have something like this I know exactly why I can't get them off of my mind, I just don't like to admit it (especially not to myself).

Other times they just represent a large point of growth/unknowns and your brain draws you to them because it'll be helpful for you to get to know and understand them. Or it could be your ego thinks there's a prize there, but be careful with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    You often don't really know what somebody meant to you or how much you really needed it until it was gone. It takes space and distance and time to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    It could be that the person constellates something in your unconscious. So you see your own unconscious in the person. If it is romantic then it is Anima projection.
    This is not very informative, I know.
    nah i actually like these explanations; the 12-year old girl in me secretly likes to read astrology, twin flame explanations, metaphysical, psychic, tarot explanations, etc. my guilty pleasure