Thread: Te - Career Interest Survey

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Te - Career Interest Survey

1. What were the 1st 5 professions you ever considered, and how old were you?

2. What is your current job title?

3. Which significant major(s)/subject have you formally studied by choice, at any age? How far did you go?

4. How old/ish are you?

5. What is your dream job?

* What types are you considering for yourself if not listed on your profile and how certain do you feel about it?
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. XXX Lingerie designer (age 5), Ballet Dancer (5), Ice Skater (5, can't skate), Pilot (5), Astronomer (7).

2. Electrical Designer (CAD) in the Automotive Industry

3. Ballet (Cecchetti Grade 1), Jazz; HS Drafting; German; HS Art; college Physics & Math (up past differential equations calc 4 thru Complex Variables) major 3 years. I'd have gone further in college if only I could have afforded it. I paid my own way.

4. 44 but feel 20s lol

5. Idk. Astronomer/cosmologist, dancer if I was still in shape, music composer...

* Feeling pretty certain of my type lately but I always question any data assumed as known.

Note: my job only somewhat fits me, seemingly not creative and subjective or aesthetic enough, but I can do it well enough....
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 11-20-2018 at 04:41 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    As a little kid, I wanted to be an actress. As I entered adolescence I thought I should be more realistic and decided to be a social worker, but also entertained the thought of being a writer.

Compliance analyst (which is sort of like a legal auditor).

3. Which significant major(s)/subject have you formally studied by choice, at any age? How far did you go?
    In high school I took classes towards nursing assistant certification because they were offered to me for free. I quit because my pregnancy made it hard to do things like quickly make beds, and I wasn't very interested in it as a career anyway (frankly I just don't want to be abused by senior citizens all day). Later I got a 2-year degree in human services in order to pursue social work (which I used for awhile, but its low pay and usually depressingly low impact).

4. How old/ish are you?

I've relinquished the idea that there is any particular job that will really satisfy me. I like the idea of owning a book store so I could have control/freedom and be surrounded by books. But more realistically, I'm trying to position myself towards working in fraud and money laundering investigation at my company because I like the idea of helping catch terrorists and sex traffickers and I've found that what I'm good at is detailed, analytical work. So I think it might decently reconcile my interests and skills.

* What types are you considering for yourself if not listed on your profile and how certain do you feel about it?
    I'm definitely introverted, probably Fi dominant.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Artist(7), paleontologist(8), chemist(10). After high school I studied chemistry but it turned out to be too difficult for me.

Painter / construction worker

I started with chemistry but then switched to languages.
    i have a masters degree in languages from university and i worked for awhile as a teacher part time and as a translator. (Didnt like it) I also have a basic degree for house painting that i recently completed.

Would be nice to have my own small business or workshop. But i suck at running a business.

I am SEI 100%. Socionics is crystal clear.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Musician, actress, writer, journalist, psychologist

2. journalist

3. Journalism - bachelor's degree, Creative Writing - Master's degree

4. 25

5. Musician

* IEI, EII, IEE

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1. XXX Lingerie designer (age 5)
    for what reason was that or why did you felt interested in that? (if you don't mind to answer)

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOT View Post
    for what reason was that or why did you felt interested in that? (if you don't mind to answer)
    Just naturally was. It came from my imagination. Don't worry, I wasn't abused or anything and did not expose other kids either. I was perfectly prepared to wait and grow up asap.
    ~* astralsilky

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm 22, work a menial labor job in retail and haven't studied anything. My dream job would obviously be being a frontline commando who sees the thick of the action.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pilot, Artist, Lifeguard, Veterinarian, Archaeologist/Paleontologist

I was between the ages of 4 and 7.

Student/ between jobs. I make some money on the side through blogging and Amazon Mechanical Turk.
    Information Technology / Cyber-security. I have a certificate that's based on master's level work. Currently working on an associates/bachelor's with a 3.6 GPA.

4. How old/ish are you?
    Late 20s.
    Pen tester. Basically getting paid to hack into computer systems and demonstrate vulnerabilities. Legally.
    I guess LII or ILE, but I'm like 99% confident that LSI is correct.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh I also wanted to be the actor in the Godzilla suit.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    1. Musician, actress, writer, journalist, psychologist

2. journalist

3. Journalism - bachelor's degree, Creative Writing - Master's degree

4. 25

5. Musician

* IEI, EII, IEE
    Lots of journalists are IEE. Maybe you are that type?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Lots of journalists are IEE. Maybe you are that type?
    I know, but that's a stereotype and I don't want to type based on stereotypes.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I know, but that's a stereotype and I don't want to type based on stereotypes.
    Yes of course. But it its a hint. From what i've seen this type is hugely overrepresented among journalists.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Yes of course. But it its a hint. From what i've seen this type is hugely overrepresented among journalists.
    Yet also, a lot of interviewers on American NPR (National Public Radio) are ESIs. A LOT. Especially the ones you hear challenging their guest and then backing down.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I doubt I’d like managing the money. I’d just want to solve the world’s problems and then continue going on forums in my PJs all day.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    1. Vet, artist, field research biologist, pilot, firefighter

2. Manager of Int’l Business Department, tech research field, in Japan
    I also assist university professors doing research, TA-ing and writing academic articles and books (language and sociology. I also teach kids science and once computer/programming skills/robotics.)
    I’m a member of a small (like 10-20 people) yet high impact int’l medical charity NPO too. It’s also work for me.

3. Biology, linguistics, psychology, business. I don’t have a BA in anything.

4. I just turned 25

5. Owning and managing a shitload of money lol. I would kind of want to be a medical secretary too.
    How busy you are! And in the finer details, you sound very LSE indeed! Greetings to my Supervisor.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How busy you are! And in the finer details, you sound very LSE indeed! Greetings to my Supervisor.
    LSE? Jeez lol. No no. I’m going to post an example of Si ignoring I experienced recently soon. I cannot supervise you.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE? Jeez lol. No no. I’m going to post an example of Si ignoring I experienced recently soon. I cannot supervise you.
    No leading Te creative Si for you is what I meant. Ignoring Ti. Or did I botch the data. I am going with my internally accepted model that works for me ...

Ps I wonder if the ignoring function is more of a yielding function.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No leading Te creative Si for you is what I meant. Ignoring Ti. Or did I botch the data. I am going with my internally accepted model that works for me ...

Ps I wonder if the ignoring function is more of a yielding function.
    I knew what you meant. I mentioned Si ignoring as in support of my SLE typing.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew what you meant. I mentioned Si ignoring as in support of my SLE typing.
    Ok well then just so you know your definition of beta and delta are swapped from mine - so you can take that how you like, to know where I'm coming from in my posts for now, ok?
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok well then just so you know your definition of beta and delta are swapped from mine - so you can take that how you like, to know where I'm coming from in my posts for now, ok?
    What if it’s not okay?

Btw I don’t really see how my answers were necessarily more Te or Te lead-like compared to yours. I just see them as more Ep maybe because I’m doing a broad variety of things.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sbbds we probably are just relying more heavily on differing data sources. I gave up a lot of Te facts in favor of Ti principles and began to see loopholes. I don't think it is because my thinking is weak so much as I can be too quick or too slow to accept info and I have always been so interested in the behavior of individuals and groups that I have a lot of my own ethical ideas and info collected to compare with what NT theorists claim and see from their own perspectives...
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sbbds we probably are just relying more heavily on differing data sources. I gave up a lot of Te facts in favor of Ti principles and began to see loopholes. I don't think it is because my thinking is weak so much as I can be too quick or too slow to accept info and I have always been so interested in the behavior of individuals and groups that I have a lot of my own ethical ideas and info collected to compare with what NT theorists claim and see from their own perspectives...
    I do not easily accept “facts” from people either, no matter who they’re from. I always need to consider them myself and compare them to my own experience.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if it’s not okay?

Btw I don’t really see how my answers were necessarily more Te or Te lead-like compared to yours. I just see them as more Ep maybe because I’m doing a broad variety of things.
    Hmmm ok.

Well the vibe I get from you is LSE-Si like a regular industrialist type of archetype - a very busy person with smart business sense, many irons in the fire and a general concern for charity and respect and social welfare like other LSE-Si I have know but fyi one did type as P. I think the subtype introduced the ambiguity.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm ok.

Well the vibe I get from you is LSE-Si like a regular industrialist type of archetype - a very busy person with smart business sense, many irons in the fire and a general concern for charity and respect and social welfare like other LSE-Si I have know but fyi one did type as P. I think the subtype introduced the ambiguity.
    I don’t have respect. Or other filthy delta values like that.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t have respect. Or other filthy delta values like that.
    hmmm

Ok

That could've been projection on my part.
    ~* astralsilky

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As an outsider, I've noted that most Te-types don't like to be supervised; they seem to find infinite fault with even the best managers - as if to imply that none can be better leaders than them. They do seem to tolerate receiving direction so long as they're left to their own devices but most desire calling the shots in whatever niches that they might find themselves - many tending to be rather officious and territorial.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    As an outsider, I've noted that most Te-types don't like to be supervised; they seem to find infinite fault with even the best managers - as if to imply that none can be better leaders than them. They do seem to tolerate receiving direction so long as they're left to their own devices but most desire calling the shots in whatever niches that they might find themselves - many tending to be rather officious and territorial.

a.k.a. I/O
    I agree with this. What´s even worse - if I try to consciously curb down this tendency, my perfomance tends to be worse; probably a sort of subconscious compensation.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@vesstheastralsilky I do get why you’d see that though. I have LSx qualities that I’ve noticed and had others point out too. I think real LSx would have more contained careers though. Also they’d try harder to get certified I think (also even though I’m not American and my country’s education system is much much more affordable, I still couldn’t afford to further my education after a certain point... I got some certificates but not a full BA)... and they’d probably put more value in a piece of paper or documentation, whereas I’ve always relied on my work experience and started working when I was 14 years old. However I do think I might do a free/cheap masters course in a country or online if there’s something affordable in the future, out of necessity probably.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4. How old/ish are you?

1. university professor, around 8/9

2. sales and operations manager

3. economics, mathematical finance, then logistics...up to the first 2 years of phd, then i had to switch, so i left with just a master´s in mathematical finance.

4. 32

5. still the same as point 1) but it´s getting less and less realistic due to age constraints and a bad job market. More realistic (and trying to make it happen) would be to switch to business consultancy or such.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@vesstheastralsilky PPS, the “department” I “manage” consists of just me lol. Also I don’t even make enough money right now to fully support myself with recent expenses (soon tho I think, before spring). My title is just a title. And I’ll probably work elsewhere soon too anyway.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Train conductor, paleontologist, cartoonist, musician, engineer

My job title is pretty opaque; I am the spreadsheet guy, procedure writer, company problem finder/fixer. I also write programs from time to time to improve efficiency for whoever asks me to,

Economics, bachelor

No job