Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • victim-childlike

6 26.09%
  • aggressor-childlike

14 60.87%
  • equally bad

3 13.04%

Thread: worse: victim-childlike or aggressor-childlike?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default worse: victim-childlike or aggressor-childlike?

copying redbaron cos i thought it might be interesting. discuss!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just going by the theory: there is no victim-infantile conflicting pair, whereas every conflictor of an infantile is an aggressor (and vice versa). So perhaps the latter is worse.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having thought through all this already for one of my recent blogs posts, I have to say overall aggressor/infantile would be worse, at least for me.

I think temperament has something to do with it, too, though. As in, Ej victims would be a worse pairing for me than Ip victims; and Ij aggressors would be worse than Ep aggressors.

Between Ep aggressors and Ip victims, it's not so much that one would really be a whole lot worse (or better) that the other romantically; but that I'm just more likely to be interested in a long-term romantic relationship with an Ip than with an Ep; Identical temperaments just seem to work better as friends than as lovers.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    just going by the theory: there is no victim-infantile conflicting pair, whereas every conflictor of an infantile is an aggressor (and vice versa). So perhaps the latter is worse.
    Some of the SLE and LSI girls I've met weren't frustrating so much as they moved too quick. Some non-type related issues involved as well. Like one LSI was nice, but she was still dating someone else, for example. And (I believe) one SLE who I couldn't say no to. If I did, she'd guilt me, thinking that something was wrong with her. Then she'd get mad for not laughing at her jokes. Then when I wanted to call it a night and not go to her hotel room, she got suspicious again... thinking I had a girlfriend. I can't imagine any of that working longterm.

It'd be funny if I'm mistyped and actually IEI though. Beta girls usually like me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

infantile to victim relations are not good.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Aggressor: Infantiles tend to perceive Aggressors as a bit too "rough" and even slightly scary on occasion, or perhaps just as obnoxious
    It's funny though.. From a distance, I might think Aggressor females would be cool. I've caught myself telling friends "Why can't I find more women like that?" But then when I had more experience with it, it doesn't work out.

I've made a point though to tell a friend of mine (who I think is ESI) how awesome she is for how she hooked up with an LSE friend. She was definitely the initiator there, and he was in a bad relationship at the time. She came in and changed it. The first night I met her, she had this determined look on her face in meeting him and pushing the other girl out of the picture (the other chick was a bummer anyways). And they're married now (with a kid).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These erotic attitudes don't work when applied strictly to sex in my experience. I see them as nothing more than social tendencies.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infantile: Victims tend to perceive Infantiles as too goofy and expecting a kind of attention that the Victims find demanding; Victim women are prone to see Infantile men as irritating.
    rings true for me.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by detail View Post
    These erotic attitudes don't work when applied strictly to sex in my experience. I see them as nothing more than social tendencies.
    I agree. Erotic attitudes tend to show a lot more in close relationships (esp. romantic ones), but not necessarily or even usually in the act of sex itself.
    Stan is not my real name.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    I agree. Erotic attitudes tend to show a lot more in close relationships (esp. romantic ones), but not necessarily or even usually in the act of sex itself.
    agreeing again because i agree.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by detail View Post
    Oh, erotic styles. I kind of wish they would be applied strictly to sex, as knowing that it is considered orthodox that half the socion in some manner wishes to be metaphorically fondled unsettles me slightly.
    Last edited by Atlast; 03-22-2013 at 11:56 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

victim and infantile would be way worse than aggressor and infantile, im experience

I can stiffly get an aggressor to back down when I tell them directly to not do something because it hurts me, but I can't get a victim to stop sulking in their misery.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlast View Post
    Oh, erotic styles. I kind of wish they would be applies strictly to sex, as knowing that it is considered orthodox that half the socion in some manner wishes to be metaphorically fondled unsettles me slightly.
    ahahahah

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infantile-infantile:
    Infantile-aggressor: in bed
    Infantile-victim:
    Infantile-caregiver:
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

victim-victim is pretty bad.

"throat fuck me."
    "no u."
    "no u."

... a billion times.

Creepy-male

From my experience with an SLE (aggressor-infantile) its been adventurous and fun at times with areas of conflict and separation. Hot and Cold.

From my experience with an IEI (victim-infantile) its been stable and calm but lacking in any forward momentum. Harmonious but Placid.

When I would hang around with both in the right conditions there was a lot of Ti/Fe synergy due to Beta/Alpha.

I'd imagine the same would apply for an SLE or IEI hanging out with a SEI/ILE pair.