Thread: How has socionics helped you? Why are you interested in socionics?

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb How has socionics helped you? Why are you interested in socionics?

I see very often that people say that socionics has low practical and applicable value. That it is some obscure pseudoscience not to be taken seriously, so…

… how has it helped you? Why are you here?
    or how do you think it needs to be changed to have practical value? In what ways do you think socionics could be applied in life and research, etc?

so many questions! Surely we aren’t all a bunch of lunatics engaging in fantasy here!

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use it for personal development. To figure out what kind of person I am and where I fit in the best. I got started in typology by taking career tests.

Also, it helps me try to honestly recognize my flaws so that I can address them.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    how has it helped you?
    I'd had higher chance to get conflictor pair. I doubt this would be good.
    And if I'd knew about types some years before than I've got this knowledge, I would not stuck in emotions to not appropriate woman in best years to make a pair and mb would try with other one who I knew with semiduality type.

> we aren’t all a bunch of lunatics engaging in fantasy here!

only some

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a few years I was mistyped and for that period socionics was more destructive than anything.

However, after I got typed by V. Gulenko things started to resolve and I could see myself within the ITR paradigm. In other words, I saw how the different relations played out based on my type and the types of people around me.

I really don't think it's a pseudo-science. It's a proto-science. In other words, it tests something empirically measurable; we just don't have the tools to cover the gaps where things are difficult to empirically validate... Yet!

Otherwise, it has helped me see my own limitations so I can work within them. In part, I'm basing my career path on Socionics. If nothing else, it acts as a reminder for where my competencies and preferences lie.
    Last edited by ILoveChinchillas; 02-26-2022 at 01:14 AM.

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I avoid Te
    ترفرف كالأجنحة غير المنظورة حول رأسي

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ibreen View Post
    I avoid Te
    Don't be scared...

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyLurking View Post
    Don't be scared...
    Of what ?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of what ?
    Te!

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te!
    I’m not scared I just have enough of it

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not scared I just have enough of it
    I'm just fucking with you man.

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just fucking with you man.
    Oh lol. Te can be brutal.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It teaches you how to better manipulate other people to get what you yourself want.

If you force yourself to use another person's dual seeking function, even if you are bad at it- they in turn will usually lighten up their sadism over you and help you as well because you helped them. It doesn't matter if it's valued or you're not the best at it like their duals are, sometimes people are so deprived of their dual function that they will greatly appreciate it even if it's mediocre if or even if they are aware of what a manipulative shit you're being.

Life is about your relationship with other people and all relationships have a transactional element. In the real world, relationships are about deals. "I won't tell HR about the inappropriate sexual thing you did if you give me $10,000" etc. It's not perfect or ideal. It's not a Disney movie. it's dark and gritty and scary and fucked up often- but it is the way it is.

So essentially, socionics helps teach a person what they have to bargain with. A lot of naive and sheltered people are drawn to socionics I've noticed because they want 'Twu Wuv' and aren't yet aware of how the real world actually works yet. Twu Wuv itself is available if you really want it, but you also have to be willing to make the deal. What a person has to give up to get it- might not be something they are willing to do and they see the clear reality of what they thought they wanted beyond the housewife talk-to-Jack Oliver Aaron-from a shitty webcam-ideal.

It's not about being yourself because 'the self' is the problem of course. It's about improving relationships with others, not yourself. All those stories about Pure Demons and vampires and monsters are just projections of things that are inside real humans that society can't accept yet. If it's somehow accepted, it's not a vampire anymore- but a boring Delta soap opera. As Aramas once said, even the Illuminati Reptile Demon thing is a projection. True some things will probably never be accepted or normalized but that's beside the point.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is only one way in which Socionics has provided me with assistance: it has enriched the vocabulary I use to describe people. I do not use the theory to match myself up with people or anything like that, partly because I have not settled on a type for myself. Why am I here? Just to entertain myself. I've thought of migrating to another forum, most likely one for philosophy, but it hardly seems worth the effort. I would have to start from scratch when it comes to creating a presence for myself.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really only helped me laugh really hard when people do something textbook to their type. They have no idea why I am laughing but it gets me everytime.