Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Enneagram Tritypes 5.0

Creepy-pokeball

So, are you implying wings within a tri-type, such as 1w2, as a differentiated type of anger? What if, then, another tri-type is then 5w4. Do you see the dilemma?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the wings just make tritype way too damn complicated. Who cares, do you really need a total of 6 enneagrams to describe yourself?
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I think the wings just make tritype way too damn complicated. Who cares, do you really need a total of 6 enneagrams to describe yourself?
    I AM A SNOWFLAKE BUTTERFLY YOU INSENSITIVE ASSHOLE!

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that this should be used for self reflection, not typing other people. I see myself in the 359 discription, but I have a touch of 8 and 4 in me. I could reflect on the idea of experiencing life as a 3w4/5w4/9w8 where the core of my identity is a 3w4 - and when that sequence of elastic action is exhaused I am forced into a 5w4 mode of thinking, here using the 4 influence to return to my 3 base. If that is not possible I retreat into the mode of a 9w8, using the 8 wing as a toehold to push back to the base of 3, before returning to a 3 base on the terms of the stronger 9.

Imagine the tri-type three bunkers covering the same kill-box, and their wings are outpost zones and or listening posts the add in a measure of security from different angles of advance, should the threat not enter the kill-box.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate how all these 469 descriptions sound so passive. I don't see myself as being particularly defined by gentility or passiveness, nor do I think others see this in me. I often see descriptions of them as the "most doubting" type, but I see other self-typed 469s on here coming off as much more questioning and doubtful of the world compared to me, whereas I find myself getting called out on here for speaking too authoritatively about typology junk.

help me and my 6 confirmation seeking life is harddddddd

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I hate how all these 469 descriptions sound so passive. I don't see myself as being particularly defined by gentility or passiveness, nor do I think others see this in me. I often see descriptions of them as the "most doubting" type, but I see other self-typed 469s on here coming off as much more questioning and doubtful of the world compared to me, whereas I find myself getting called out on here for speaking too authoritatively about typology junk.

help me and my 6 confirmation seeking life is harddddddd
    Galen are you sure your heart fix isn't 3 instead of 4? You strike me as very kind of...emotionally controlled for a 4 fix/double reactive, especially being 6 primary. Also I feel like you have competency in there somewhere and its not just 5 wing; you have the whole DDR pinball wizard thing going on, very 3ish, and while you are somewhat...sidekick-y in a way you also obviously have your own thing going on, and I think the added competency and triple attachment makes more sense for you than reactive/withdrawn emphasis, neither of which do I really see in you.

6w5-9w1-3w4 sounds right IMO. I know you had thought 9w8 but, no offense, you just feel kind of "soft" to have an 8 fix, you have a reactivity to you but its entirely situational, there's no solid boundary like there is with those who have 8 fixes; on the contrary you seem very interpersonally mealleable/mercurial and again I feel more competency than reactivity from you, especially for a reactive primary type.

There was a guy in my former local poi spinning community who reminded me a lot of you, Galen; IEE-Fi 3w4-6w5-9w1 sx/so. He was like your hippie doppleganger, and he was and is still the most interesting poi spinner I have ever watched. By far the most talented of any spinner I ever met at a festival. He used a fire staff in a way I haven't seen anyone else use it: instead of manhandling it and whipping it around with his hands, he just kind of...rolled it around on his body, keeping it balanced on his shoulders or arms and just kind of moving around it, like contact juggling mixed with staff play. He was so good that at festivals he would just walk into the open and start playing with his staff and his style was so uniqie and striking that people would just continuously come up and talk to him being all "DUUUIDE how do you DO that?" And he would always stop and talk to them. My nickname for him was the Neo of fire but yeah, you guys seem similar in many ways, in appearancd and personality, only he was 3 primary.
    Last edited by Gilly; 10-30-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

omg, gilly do me please?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    omg, gilly do me please?
    Lungs you actually seem like a 4-6-9, probably 6w5-4w3-9w8 sx/sp. You are definitely a reactive type, you wear it all on your sleeve yet you sometimes remind me of squark because there is a solid feeling behind your reactivity, you aren't jittery like some 6s even though you still have an air of nerviness about you. You seem kind of spunky and gutsy despite being somewhat outwardly timid; this is more the feeling I expect from a 6 with a 9w8 fix, like your brain tries to take flight with anxiety but you've got yourself anchored. You could pull off being a dominatrix even though its not really "you." Sometimes you remind me a lot in your energy of former user khamelion, I don't know if you know her or not but she is SEE 6w7, probably the same tritype other that that one wing, and sx/so rather than sx/sp.

4-6-8 would be the other viable option IMO but you seem more withdrawn.
    Last edited by Gilly; 10-30-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Lungs you actually seem like a 4-6-9, probably 6w5-4w3-9w8 sx/sp. You are definitely a reactive type, you wear it all on your sleeve yet you sometimes remind me of squark because there is a solid feeling behind your reactivity, you aren't jittery like some 6s even though you still have an air of nerviness about you. You seem kind of spunky and gutsy despite being somewhat outwardly timid; this is more the feeling I expect from a 6 with a 9w8 fix, like your brain tries to take flight with anxiety but you've got yourself anchored. You could pull off being a dominatrix even though its not really "you." Sometimes you remind me a lot in your energy of former user khamelion, I don't know if you know her or not but she is SEE 6w7, probably the same tritype other that that one wing, and sx/so rather than sx/sp.

you describe my contradictions so cohesively! nice to see it all pulled together, different from the fragments of self-understanding in my head. the wings on the other fixes are what i had in mind, too. i don't think i'm sx/sp but people suggest it often here so its either something in my online persona or i have an idiosyncratic take on the instincts, not sure.

thanks!

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galen are you sure your heart fix isn't 3 instead of 4? You strike me as very kind of...emotionally controlled for a 4 fix/double reactive, especially being 6 primary. Also I feel like you have competency in there somewhere and its not just 5 wing; you have the whole DDR pinball wizard thing going on, very 3ish, and while you are somewhat...sidekick-y in a way you also obviously have your own thing going on, and I think the added competency and triple attachment makes more sense for you than reactive/withdrawn emphasis, neither of which do I really see in you.

6w5-9w1-3w4 sounds right IMO. I know you had thought 9w8 but, no offense, you just feel kind of "soft" to have an 8 fix, you have a reactivity to you but its entirely situational, there's no solid boundary like there is with those who have 8 fixes; on the contrary you seem very interpersonally mealleable/mercurial and again I feel more competency than reactivity from you, especially for a reactive primary type.
    lol shit I was not expecting all this

I haven't seriously considered 3 in heart. Whenever I consider myself as 3ish in any way I just see it as a psychologically unhealthy aspect in myself (disintegration line and all that). I'm not really sure how much I buy myself as triple attachment, or triple anything for that matter: the description of the attachment triad on Fitzel always seems like a peripheral side-trait as it pertains to myself and not a core fixation issue. I get what you mean about the Pinball Wizard thing though, whenever I get really into something like a danceytaptap game I aim to constantly improve myself at it.

I kinda get what you mean about the w1 vs w8. The thing is that I find 1 is the fix I identify least with in gut, in terms of perpetual inner critic or longing for "perfection," even just as a fringe sideline characteristic. This is really the problem I have with wings in tritype anyway: unless there really is a way of systematizing all these minute discrepancies between types with wings attached, it just looks like a giant game of splitting hairs and overanalysis compounding upon overanalysis.

This is all good stuff though man, thanks a lot for your input. I'll let this muddle around the ol' brainhole and see what comes up.

There was a guy in my former local poi spinning community who reminded me a lot of you, Galen; IEE-Fi 3w4-6w5-9w1 sx/so. He was like your hippie doppleganger, and he was and is still the most interesting poi spinner I have ever watched. By far the most talented of any spinner I ever met at a festival. He used a fire staff in a way I haven't seen anyone else use it: instead of manhandling it and whipping it around with his hands, he just kind of...rolled it around on his body, keeping it balanced on his shoulders or arms and just kind of moving around it, like contact juggling mixed with staff play. He was so good that at festivals he would just walk into the open and start playing with his staff and his style was so uniqie and striking that people would just continuously come up and talk to him being all "DUUUIDE how do you DO that?" And he would always stop and talk to them. My nickname for him was the Neo of fire but yeah, you guys seem similar in many ways, in appearancd and personality, only he was 3 primary.
    Interesting, any pics of this guy? Whenever anybody tells me how amazing I am at something I find myself kinda locking up, probably because I know how much better I could be so I feel like I don't deserve the praise?
    Last edited by Galen; 10-30-2012 at 06:52 PM.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

That test has consistently given me 6w5 4w5 9w8. If wings matter in tritype (I doubt it) then this is how I'd align them by myself.
    This could explain why I thought 8 was in your tri-type previously because 9w8 actually makes a lot of sense for you imo. You do come across as rather calm like a typical 9, but in the same time your 8 wing does add a bit of a rough edge to you at certain moments.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol shit I was not expecting all this

I haven't seriously considered 3 in heart. Whenever I consider myself as 3ish in any way I just see it as a psychologically unhealthy aspect in myself (disintegration line and all that). I'm not really sure how much I buy myself as triple attachment, or triple anything for that matter: the description of the attachment triad on Fitzel always seems like a peripheral side-trait as it pertains to myself and not a core fixation issue. I get what you mean about the Pinball Wizard thing though, whenever I get really into something like a danceytaptap game I aim to constantly improve myself at it.
    Yeah you also seem to have a kind of "prodigy" theme that I often associate with 3w4 as a fix in particular. There is a certain need for approval there that strikes me as going beyond the 6 need to be needed, especially being so last.

I kinda get what you mean about the w1 vs w8. The thing is that I find 1 is the fix I identify least with in gut, in terms of perpetual inner critic or longing for "perfection," even just as a fringe sideline characteristic. This is really the problem I have with wings in tritype anyway: unless there really is a way of systematizing all these minute discrepancies between types with wings attached, it just looks like a giant game of splitting hairs and overanalysis compounding upon overanalysis.
    Hmmm, idk I mostly think you just aren't reactive in the same way that 8s are, and I also think you have a good chunk of competency; compliant competency makes more sense as a peripheral fixation than assertive reactiveness. You never really try to come down over others like people who have 8 fixes do.

Interesting, any pics of this guy? Whenever anybody tells me how amazing I am at something I find myself kinda locking up, probably because I know how much better I could be so I feel like I don't deserve the praise?
    Yeah I will PM, don't wanna put him on blast on the web.

He and I actually had a brief conversation about that exact phenomenon. He seems to try to divert conversations away from his skills and tries to get to know people who approach him, like "Hey, yeah, I'm awesome, who are *you*?"

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah you also seem to have a kind of "prodigy" theme that I often associate with 3w4 as a fix in particular. There is a certain need for approval there that strikes me as going beyond the 6 need to be needed, especially being so last.
    Well, outside approval for me is a very push-pull entity for me. Some part of me wants to know that others respect me, but once I receive that respect for something I don't think is worthy I find myself writhing in my own skin. Even something so much as "you're a great guy" feels weird to hear, because whether or not someone thinks I'm cool (and vice versa) should be apparent given the context of whatever our relationship is. This all probably goes to prove your point though.

It'd also be nice to see 693s out there that aren't the passive milquetoast mormony types I envision them to be, haha.

Hmmm, idk I mostly think you just aren't reactive in the same way that 8s are, and I also think you have a good chunk of competency; compliant competency makes more sense as a peripheral fixation than assertive reactiveness. You never really try to come down over others like people who have 8 fixes do.
    Honestly I feel like I hold back my reactivity a lot, noticeably so on here but also irl, because I know what sort of trouble it can get me in. It's really rare that I get to the point where I go off on somebody, but you've seen it happen on here a few times and the adrenaline/frustration can seriously overtake me for a while. I do try to keep myself contained when in these phases, as you've noted. but it becomes a sort of inwardly enveloping spiral where I become so pre-occupied in trying to eradicate the perceived threat that I put off other things to maintain that focus.

Also I'm definitely not 8 in gut, so of course I won't have the same reactivity patterns as an 8.

He and I actually had a brief conversation about that exact phenomenon. He seems to try to divert conversations away from his skills and tries to get to know people who approach him, like "Hey, yeah, I'm awesome, who are *you*?"
    lol I find myself more shirking off the people who approach me for that reason. Like I never know how to respond when people tell me "wow you're amazing" or whatever, all I can do is repeat "thanks" absent-mindedly.

Actually on a similar vein, one of my best friends in a Te-INTp 5w6 sx/sp, and a likely 539 to boot. He's a very competitive person (beat me in the music game tournament this last june, what a fag), and he can get very obsessive about competition and improving his skills. He talks with me a lot about "next year I'm gonna kick your ass lol," generally in jest but it just becomes so draining for me to hear. I hate feeling compelled to engage in competition just for the sake of being better than some other guy, my take is that I should only strive to be better than myself. Projecting that desire onto another person/entity/thing is an exhausting task that I can't keep up for very long.
    Last edited by Galen; 10-30-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Creepy-pokeball

#6problemz

lol

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    UPDATE: 279 so/sp
    still 548. maybe sx/so

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

mhm, mister "and now i will offhandedly reference five different situations involving acquaintances and social situations that happen to be relevant to this topic."

(its a little bit more than that, but i don't know how much i should say and its really just a LITTLE bit more anyway)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    mhm, mister "and now i will offhandedly reference five different situations involving acquaintances and social situations that happen to be relevant to this topic."

(its a little bit more than that, but i don't know how much i should say and its really just a LITTLE bit more anyway)
    Alright but I'm going to continue saying dumb stuff until the thousand-eyed wizards of the nine-horned star descend on moonbeams from their mystick'l abodes and correct my shit.

Creepy-pokeball

279 so/sp is a perfect match because my astrological sign is Ophiuchus.
    You were really fruity in FF12, but you were also renaked to Zodiark.

Creepy-pokeball

No comprende RPG.
    Its just another language in nerdenese. You can master it imo. I did

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol George I'm curious what you would say about me, but I think I'm too elusive and withdrawn for anyone to type (except myself of course...)

Definitely see what you mean about Galen and lungs.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never understood the enneagram. Based on the descriptions at
    http://www.fitzel.ca/enneagram/triads.html
    http://www.fitzel.ca/enneagram/ObjectRelns.html
    and http://personalitycafe.com/type-6-fo...tions-6-a.html

I think 614 or 684 would describe me.
    4 in the feeling center, 6 in the thinking center, 1 or maybe 8 in the instinctive center.
    6 in attachment, 1 and (maybe half of 4) in frustration, 8 in rejection.

doubts abilities, seeks reassurance and/or confirmation outside self,
    seeks for something to believe in, but soon doubts a chosen authority figure,
    vacillitates between own ideas and ideas of others,
    constantly aware of own anxiety and reacts/fights against it,

attempts to repress instincts, inner wants, attempting to resist through self-control and/or creating inner boundaries,
    struggles to be perfect, constantly seeking to improve self,
    when losing sense of autonomy, rage and aggression turned toward self, but also spills over into angry outbursts and loss of self-control, these are temporary until the emotions and personal desires are pulled back in and regained control of.
    focuses on what's wrong or out of place in a given situation,
    constantly trying to improve things (and getting frustrated when don't have the abilities to do so)

Tries to suppress own (physical and emotional) needs,
    Unable to offer heart, criticizes head abilities, only thing left to offer is strength and will....and help the other person find their own strength and will!
    expects to be rejected, attempts to portray an illusion of being 'tough enough to shrug it off'

Under expresses feelings, prefers indirect methods to share and communicate what feels,
    self-image is based on memories and interpretations from own past, inner feelings, and imagination,
    dismisses supposed positive qualities,
    might withdraw to pull others in (not consciously though),
    (secret shame: want others to notice depth of character and to obtain sympathy for what feels is unjust suffering)
    believe that Life has dealt a bad hand and the underlying feeling of shame may lead to hostility
    searched for a partner that understood, appreciated, or could at least tolerate my idiosyncs
    notices what's missing in self and others (but considers these flaws to be part of what makes a person so interesting and "them")
    Last edited by anndelise; 10-31-2012 at 06:40 AM.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-male

I'm not saying that a type's essential themes would change necessarily when secondary or tertiary, rather that they'd just be pushed to the sidelines, de-emphasized in favor of the more prioritized fixations. For example, I wouldn't imagine an 854 to obsess about how melancholic or unique they are, nor a 739 to pride themselves on their peace-loving nature. Sure they may be passive elements to a type's self-perception, but I can't imagine them completely filling up the foreground in the same way that the primary fixation will.
    Yea and that's a good point but I took that as a consideration. I think its also worthwhile to consider that each part of the tritype is a different "sphere" of psychology -- so while an 854 isn't as obsessed with being melancholic and unique it's not because the 4 is weak, its because the entire "sphere" of psychology focused around the heart-triad is less emphasized. They don't worry about feelings of shame or worthiness period-- this entire sphere is not emphasized. So relative to the person's personality sure the aspects of the 4 would be muted, but relative to that particular sphere within the person's personality the aspects of the 4 would shine. When the 854 is occasionally focusing on issues or situations pertaining to a the heart-triad's "sphere" of interest/influence the 4 would come out much stronger than the 2 or 3.

This is what I was saying about Ashton, when Ashton is actually expressing things which pertain to self-worth and shame and related topics he seems to be coming from a place that seems more 2 or 3 to me than a place that seems e4. In fact I think he is confusing the individualism of the e4 with the individualistic attitude of the e8 and potentially this is leading him to potentially false relate to the e4.

Sorry if I'm coming off as authoritative, I'm just talking from how I see things.
    Nah you are not coming off as authoritative, that's different I said you made an authoritative statement without strongly putting a rationale behind it. That's different-- I get annoyed when people challenge ideas without putting a strong rationale behind why this thing is wrong and this thing is right, and they just state something as wrong and something else as right. I don't think you really were trying to annoy me though and I don't think you come across as authoritative-- I think you are just wanting to discuss tritypes and typing members.

As for the other triads, you can read them in detail here: http://www.fitzel.ca/enneagram/index.html
    It's the same sort of premise that several people in here (myself included) have been saying for calling a type "triple reactive" etc. Since each type has its own unique set of triads, the premise of having three different types would result in these sets of triads compounding upon each other when duplicated/triplicated, or diminishing in presence when by themselves. So a 2 with a 216 tritype will show particularly strong Compliant characteristics as all three types are Compliant, and the other 2 triads like Positive Outlook, Rejection, etc. will be pushed more to the background. Conversely, a 2 with a 279 tritype will be have very pronounced Positive Outlook, with diminished Compliant/etc triads. Or so goes the theory as I understand it.
    Yea thanks for the link, I've heard of several additional triads -- but I don't see how this strengthens your argument? I do however think there is a lot of use in considering all the possibilities with tritype and various triads... although this could be overwhelming and cumbersome for people beginning the Enneagram. Although personally I like to think in terms of this because of its similarity to poly-chords and musical chords/patterns (triads etc).

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

me now! Fuck I miss posts like these, and yeah, we gotta meet up; the new car radio's coming in just a few hours and it'll play iPods, my clothes fit in a suitcase that fits in my car and so does my protein powder with room in the car to spare so I got what I need haha...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    8w7 is what I type.
    Agreed

Maybe. I think I'm good at reading and psychologizing people, but poor with social competency; I see these as distinct intelligences (interpersonal vs. social), though obv. both can and do share complementary info. It's easier for me to perceive and adapt towards an individual in real-time with spontaneous empathy feedback and nonverbal nuances… versus the actual social awareness that implies more crystallized a priori knowledge of relevant customs, boundaries, expectations, etc.—an area where I come up noticeably (awkwardly) short; partly out of lacking attention to it (obliviousness), partly from resenting the contrived nature of it (dismissiveness).

I'd say my ability to effectively communicate ideas to people in general is pretty shitty: I assume at least ¾ of whatever I say probably isn't going to make sense to most people most of the time. I became concerned at points over the last few years that I'd basically ruined my own ability to connect with people cuz too much philosophy/big wordz/bla bla.

Also, I should probably move.
    Possibly, and I don't think e5 is a bad type for you -- I just personally like 6 better. Being e6 doesn't necessarily imply one is socially astute or has a solid understanding of traditions, customs, boundaries, expectations and so forth. In fact I think e8 fits for you because this lack of perceptions comes from the anti-social tendencies of the e8 and the need to be individualistic versus conform to social standards -- which seems to be a recurrent theme in your persona.

e6's are social in the sense that they try to be skeptical and discriminating concerning who they trust-- they are usually interested intellectually in society and analyzing who has their best interest and who is exploiting them. They can apply this in a big way to something like politics or a small way in individual relations-- this means that they may only be very focused on a small group of friends or organization and being a loyal member of that, being a core member of the team, and working hard for the approval of these people-- but only after significant trust is built and their initial skepticism is addressed.

e5's are not social in this sense so much, they are more unique in their thought process, bordering on weird and eccentric. They have strange ideas, sometimes these leads to brilliant insights and sometimes these are just crap, but novelty in their ideas is a real focus. There is sometimes a bias for some to see novelty in ideas and "genius" but this is really not the case at all. Novel ideas can be genius but they can also be impractical and well just flat out bizzare, weird, and incorrect as well -- and in real life this happens with e5s, just like in real life you have some genius and prolific e5 artists and intellectuals -- but there are still tons of intellectuals who are just as intelligent that are e6.

The e5 seeks to understand for power not approval, they seek to understand things fully to be able to competent deal with reality which is chaotic and overwhelming. The e6 seeks to understand for approval and not power, they seek to understand things fully to discern whose approval is worthwhile and who they can trust. Both can be just as mentally fit or intelligent, but the kind of psychological motivation of the intellect is different.

Well, who's 'us' & 'them'? Me vs. dumb minds defective with dumb ideas?
    You just seem to have this consciousness of agreeing with people with like ideas and then criticizing those with "dumb" ideas. Maybe that's the e8 type at work, but e5's tend to actually see their thought process as more eccentric and unique and don't get so focused on the social aspects of intelligence. It's hard to tell because I think the combination of 8 and 6 in some ways could look like an 8 with 5. But I'm trying to solely focus on the head-triad sphere versus consider your entire persona. The head-triad is focused on anxiety and intellect -- how one's thinking and mental energy is used to deal with anxiety. In terms of that I see a lot more 6 because you tend to kind of group things in terms of "these are the dumb people" with bad ideas and "these are the smart people" with good ideas, and critically power through ideas you are exposed to in this manner -- versus an e5 which would likely have opinions on these things but the focus would be more so on individually amassing knowledge to feel competent to deal with a world that seems overwhelming, versus focusing on what is worth trusting and what isn't.

True, can't be seeming like some emo fag.
    e4's aren't really emo-fags lmao, but ok. I like also how instinctively you said "seeming" this seems to place a focus on image. Which I think is revealing how in the heart-triad you want your perception of yourself to be masculine, strong, tough, and intelligent and is more e3 than e4.

An e4 would be less focused on the image of that and more on cultivating an identity. Where an e3 would look at themselves and say "I need to project a more manly image" otherwise society will start to look at me like ****** and I'll be judged as unworthy. An e4 would look at themselves and say "Am I really being a man?", they would melancholicly question the state of their identity, occasionally consider the fact that their masculine image is a front or they are an imposter, they would fantasize about being more manly in certain situations they aren't, then feel shameful because of it, and after certain time go into hyperactive moods to try to increase their manliness followed by depression over it -- at their peak they would have successfully integrated manliness as an element in their identity and who they are that would be unique.

An e3 would bypass all this melancholy and focus on the image, and constructively chip away at finding ways to project a more manly image, while the e4 suffers with depression and skepticism over the reality of their manliness the e3 would suffer with being overly focused on the image and society, projecting what society tells them in manly and being successfully but maybe feeling like they aren't really there.. they have the image and it works, people socially accept them as a man but they don't exactly feel like its real. However instead of getting depressed about this the e3 will seek out constructive solutions to this problem and continually attempt to work hard and achieve things. At their peak they would be inspirational to others and highly productive/competent, they would no longer question the meaning of their achievements but instead appreciate them. In other words their efforts towards manliness would be inspirational to others and they would no longer be working so hard to appear manly and instead feel as though they had finally achieved a real state of manliness.
    Last edited by male; 10-31-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scanning through these 369 descriptions, my initial reaction is "ew fuck these guys." They're described like they have 0 sense of self, the notion of "embodying everything that their society is" makes them sound completely out of touch with themselves or any sense of individuality they may have. Even to completely attach myself to any sort of external ideal, regardless of whether it's a group entity or a non-human one, doesn't seem like me at all. I find myself to be much more self-reliant and trusting of my own character/fortitude/whatever than these descriptions would imply. It makes me rather self-conscious and honestly kind of distressed to consider myself in this way.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll take this opportunity ask WHAT IS MY TYPE TELL PLS

954? 964? WHAT WHAT IS IT :C

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    What's fun there is that by noting a type as being, say, 3w4, it says that 3 is the main type while 4 is the main wing. It further implies the presence of a secondary 2 wing, so it could then be explicitly written as 3w4w2. So with the addition of wings to tritypes it's possible to light up the entire enneagram like a xmas tree, e.g. 3w4w2 - 9w1w8 - 6w7w5. And there you have it, the ultimate unitary simplicity of a totalized being.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Lol George I'm curious what you would say about me, but I think I'm too elusive and withdrawn for anyone to type (except myself of course...)

Definitely see what you mean about Galen and lungs.
    Well you are obviously a 4, probably 4w5, either sp/sx or sx/sp. 469 seems like a good fit, that or 459, but I can't say I have a strong enough impression of you to be certain. You don't strike me as particularly anxious, and double reactive might be a stretch, but there is definitely some security-seeking, so 4-5-9 sounds right, probably 4w5-5w6-9w1.

Under cerulean skies...

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wanna be an E something too
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Creepy-pokeball

What's fun there is that by noting a type as being, say, 3w4, it says that 3 is the main type while 4 is the main wing. It further implies the presence of a secondary 2 wing, so it could then be explicitly written as 3w4w2. So with the addition of wings to tritypes it's possible to light up the entire enneagram like a xmas tree, e.g. 3w4w2 - 9w1w8 - 6w7w5. And there you have it, the ultimate unitary simplicity of a totalized being.
    Youre inspiring my inner Adobe PS child, but my inner fat ass lazy this is too much work to make an eanneagram chiristmas tree child is winning.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by COMFINED View Post
    i wanna be an E something too
    Dynamic 6-y. Ashton is gonna disagree

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scanning through these 369 descriptions, my initial reaction is "ew fuck these guys." They're described like they have 0 sense of self, the notion of "embodying everything that their society is" makes them sound completely out of touch with themselves or any sense of individuality they may have. Even to completely attach myself to any sort of external ideal, regardless of whether it's a group entity or a non-human one, doesn't seem like me at all. I find myself to be much more self-reliant and trusting of my own character/fortitude/whatever than these descriptions would imply. It makes me rather self-conscious and honestly kind of distressed to consider myself in this way.
    Well I would keep a few things in mind: one, these descriptions are grossly exaggerated. Two, they are independent of instinctual orientation; thinking about it in light of sx as your primary fixation might make it both more realistic and palatable.

One more big thing, I think we are kind of inherently supposed to be ashamed of enneagram related stuff. I can't quite feel the real nature of your visceral reaction, but I will say that when I first studied enneagram, type 3 was the furthest from what I ever thought I would see in myself. I've always been a "rebel" and tried to defy the expectations of others; at least, that's what goes on in my head. But when I really looked at my life, the decisions I'd made, etc, I realized that this self-conception was actually a kind of rebellion against myself, a way that I was keeping the balance inside. I don't know if that's necessarily the same for you, but I just remember feeling a kind of revulsion when I first started thinking about myself as a 3. But when I think about the things that set me apart from others, I realize that yeah, I really was silently obsessed with "being the best," and in a variety of ways, such that it manifested in the tiniest, strangest aspects of my personality.

I doubt any kind of revelation would be that, ahh, severe for you, but I think there is a lot on the surface that is very easy to dislike about 3-ness, especially what is commonly seen as "all of the bad things about America" etc.

But yeah. Just remember the descriptions are charicatures. I'm not some crazy super arguing defender truth justice fighter person like the 368 description spews, but when I do embarrassing shit like get wasted and make a scene about how "Nobody knows the truth but me!" I can kind of see where it applies, for good and for ill, lol.

If it helps at all, one way I see the triple attachment manifesting in you is that you are very much representative of kind of post-modern American zeitgeist. You are super interested in other cultures, you make a point of learning about all kinds of interesting and random stuff, and you do your best to excel and be good at everything you do. You seem like a person who is interesting in melding cultural boundaries and incorporating as much as you can learn about the world into your view.

My Dad is an EII 1w9-3w4-6w5, which is pretty close, and I see many parallels between the two of you. He happens to be a Japanophile, but beyond that I see a similar kind of desire to be knowledgeable and immerse in other cultures. He, too, made the jump to Japan really early in life, and has always seemed obsessed about using what he knows from his travels and experience to better the world, help himself improve, educate others, and just...help push things forward by spreading his very open, worldly, positive morality by interacting and talking with people. He strikes me as a little more deliberate about what he accumulates and incorporates, and is kind of "on a mission," whereas you seem more open and interested in experience for its own sake, but I can see very striking parallels, for whatever it's worth.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae2point0 View Post
    Dynamic 6-y. Ashton is gonna disagree
    You think she's a 6?

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

You think she's a 6?
    Mayhaps, yeah. 6 ,or 7, over 5, by far.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae2point0 View Post
    Mayhaps, yeah. 6 ,or 7, over 5, by far.
    Weird. I think she's either 3w4 or 4w3. But I'm 3w4, and you type me 6 as well, so no surprises I guess.

Under cerulean skies...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast