Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INFp Se suggestive/dual seeking: what does it look like?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I feel like you read a book on how to try to be SLE. and now you're using every catch-phrase... pearls of wisdom imaginable.

I hope it's genuine at least.
    You feel a lot of horse shit

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in between my toes

TIM
    optifree
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the desire for an other to bring one into a state of awareness in regards to the quality of the moment. so like a random sexual encounter at a party, or the adrenaline of riding atop a freight train, or jumping off of a 50 ft waterfall, or something simple like sitting on a rooftop watching the sunrise and it's misty and dewy outside. it's the desire to be reminded of what simply is, instead of focusing on all the undercurrents of meaning and coincidence and blah blah blah

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se Girl - Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk. You know?
    Ni Guy - I know.
    Se Girl - Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk. Shades of a Deep point.
    Ni Guy - Totally and blah blah blah blah blah.
    Se Girl - Oh my god! Yes. Keep talking.
    Ni Guy - I dont know how.
    Se Girl - Laughs. Talk, Talk, Talk, Suggestive behavior.
    Ni Guy - Feigns disinterest.
    Se Girl - Aggression.
    Ni Guy - Romantic touch.
    Sex.

That's my take.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Ni Guy - I know.
    Se Girl - Aggression.
    Ni Guy - Romantic touch.
    Sex.

That's my take.
    I have to think about this.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perky Boob View Post
    the desire for an other to bring one into a state of awareness in regards to the quality of the moment. so like a random sexual encounter at a party, or the adrenaline of riding atop a freight train, or jumping off of a 50 ft waterfall, or something simple like sitting on a rooftop watching the sunrise and it's misty and dewy outside. it's the desire to be reminded of what simply is, instead of focusing on all the undercurrents of meaning and coincidence and blah blah blah
    They need to get out first, run into Se base, and then maybe run into one who has the desire to do this; but you make a good point about sense experience.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ni Guy - I know.
    Se Girl - Aggression.
    Ni Guy - Romantic touch.
    Sex.

That's my take.
    That's what I though ESE people say, oh well, have to get a newer dictionary.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni Guy - I know.
    Se Girl - Aggression.
    Ni Guy - Romantic touch.
    Sex.
    This sounds familiar.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in between my toes
    That sounds strangely pleasant

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ashton gross

@DJ Arendee gross?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Does this have to do with Se DS? LOL
    -

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOU HAVE TO DO WITH Se DS. stupid.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is more like I want to take over the world so it will be perfect but am pretty bad at actually doing it.

But in all seriousness, it is like is super creative and visionary while lacking the strength and confidence to be effective in shaping the world while has the will and the strength to change the world though influence but lacks the existential depth to make the changes meaningful. So creates the goal and makes it happen. I have so many ideas but I don't act on more than 5% of them.

A general observation is without , tends to get to the top of the rat race and realize that while they are powerful, and rich and the envy of everyone else, their life is empty and they will die without truly mattering; while with out , might be able to figure out what they want out of life but look back on everything they meant to do but didn't and realize they are dying in obscurity without truly making a difference. By contrast, the duality has the power to make significant difference.

I was joking with my friend the other day that I need someone I can trick into making me do things (like work out.) That makes all sort of nonsense.

This is just me thinking out loud, from an IEI perspective. I'm sure ILIs would have a different spin on things. SLEs, how to you want to help IEIs and what do you want in return?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

YOU HAVE TO DO WITH Se DS. stupid.
    I meant the toe thing; is that Se DS? LOL
    -

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    This sounds like something my SLE would say. Fuck you guys. -__-
    =(... what's wrong starf?
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 01-18-2013 at 08:16 AM.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"starf"...
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sindri View Post
    A general observation is without , tends to get to the top of the rat race and realize that while they are powerful, and rich and the envy of everyone else,
    Oh please no, not this stereotype again, Se dominants as all-powerful gods. Plenty of Se dominants live a completely normal existence.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sindri View Post
    SLEs, how to you want to help IEIs
    I don't think we really want to help anyone on purpose. We just inherently do cuz we rule.

and what do you want in return?
    sweet lovin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Remember remember remember!

Se PoLR acts quite like Se DS in a deceptive way; for example, both INFj and INFp are quite stoic and they feel ashamed of accepting gifts, especially of charitable nature and feel as though that this degrades their self worth some how; but, the reality is that sometimes you need things and you need to have someone who takes initiative and gets things from others or from outside organizations and it just so happens that both ESTj and ESTp are quite capable of asking for things and getting things quite unabashedly; this came to me when I saw a young SEE standing outside a bar; she didn't have a cigarette and there was a young man passing by; she had no reservations about turning to him, directly and asking him, "do you have a cigarette?" in any case, just asking for what I need not even want is quite embarrassing to me and the same goes for by fellow INFp.

The very act of coercing an object, getting it to move and respond to particular requests are seen as embarrassing, and a reflection away from the self values that both INFp and INFj establish of themselves and in regards to the world around them as well; this is in line with idealistic thinking.

I think the difference is that while one will act like a victim of circumstance, the other is more like a martyr.
    -

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm liking Reinin's descriptions of Se suggestive so far.

INFp (IEI) Function #4 – objective sensing (Se):; the principles for evaluating a place, motives, "I want". “Others know what I ought to do. A good place is a place where there is action, movement, where something gets done.”
    At times the IEI finds himself on the way to some place, or sitting by a campfire, for example. That is, the IEI has gotten "inserted" into some activity. The IEI may not notice this, and later find himself in some circumstances that he didn't plan for and didn't want, but he couldn't reject it and turn it down, couldn't resist the external influence. “They took me with them, so I went along.” People of this type should be more attentive of activities and external situations into which they get drawn. They should ask themselves: “Do these things correspond to the goals of my life? Will they take me there where I want to be?” Once the Tutankhamon (IEI) realizes the situation, there may be attempts to sort things out, to demand explanations, attempts to break free and leave. Often it is too late though; the train has left the platform and is not coming back. Thus, what we have here on one hand is dependency on other people's choices and suggestibility - and, on the another hand, the ability to manipulate relationships. When the IEI suddenly "tunes in" the situation and realizes what is happening around, where he or she is, then the IEI starts influencing other people in some way, with the aid of strong aspects of this type.

INTp (ILI) Function #4 – objective sensing (Se): form, action, movement; suggestible function. “Do something with me”. The ILI easily puts on that state that people around want of him/her. Sometimes he/she simply dissolves in that image or state, and with a frequent change of states comes the effect of losing themselves.
    People of this type can hardly resist persuasion: when some activity is imposed on them, when they are pressed to do something, they are almost defenseless. In happens that Balzac 'unexpectedly' finds him/herself involved in a strange activity.
    People of this type often need an external push in order to do something. And, on the other hand, they are unable to resist this pressure. If a person of the opposite sex comes to a Balzac and says: “I am moving in, I will live with you”. – “Well, OK”.
    An ILI has even lower 'resistability' than an IEI. The latter at least pays attention to the aesthetics of the situation; the former does not manage to do even that. Perhaps, recognizing this trait in themselves, women of this type often produce an impression of being cold, aloof, difficult, and unapproachable. In this way they unconsciously create a maximum of personal distance.

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...Grigory_Reinin
    Last edited by silke; 08-18-2016 at 12:44 AM.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem I've noticed w certain ESTp is they think they know everything and don't let me complete my points in a convo sometimes, because they think they understand what I mean? And they want to tell me how their way is the right way. But umm they don't always get it. Same with some ISTj

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    And they want to tell me how their way is the right way.
    ESTP don't explain, just say what to do.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Doesn't mean you have to listen.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I feel that now as I am growing a bit older, more into a "woman" you could say.. I feel that I need someone who pushes me into "action," quite frankly. I have a lot of ideas. They're not bad, and if I could apply them in real life, I could be going somewhere with them..

My problem is: The "applying it in real life" part. I need someone to be a teacher to me, someone who is powerful.. Someone who will tell me to keep going even when I want to stop. Someone who will be brutally honest with me, even if their honesty makes me cry, I need to hear the truth.
    Last edited by Pink; 08-21-2016 at 05:16 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    The ILI easily puts on that state that people around want of him/her. Sometimes he/she simply dissolves in that image or state, and with a frequent change of states comes the effect of losing themselves.
    Hm that reminds me of some people on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Who knows how much this applies to Socionics rather than my upbringing.. Or even both. I'm sure we've all felt this way at one point at least..
    No, this way of feeling is not familiar to me. I do attribute this to Se being in ego for myself if we are to apply the Socionics theory since it exactly matches the descriptions.

I do find Se DS interesting, it's so foreign to me but I like it at the same time.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Yeah its nice: no needless, endless explanations for things already understood.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Yeah its nice: no needless, endless explanations for things already understood.
    What types do you find do this "needless, endless explanation" stuff, from your pov anyway?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The problem I've noticed w certain ESTp is they think they know everything and don't let me complete my points in a convo sometimes, because they think they understand what I mean? And they want to tell me how their way is the right way. But umm they don't always get it. Same with some ISTj
    I notice this too, except I rarely listen to what they have to say or what they tell me to do. It goes both ways many times but it doesn't matter that much to either party ime because we're just spending time together bullshitting, except for important things we might be dealing with. I could see that being frustrating for an introvert though.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    What types do you find do this "needless, endless explanation" stuff, from your pov anyway?
    Any and all logical types, Te or Ti.

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I haven't experienced this with SLE or LSI. Rather the opposite, they seem to a hold a great deal of respect for my POV and want to hear what I have to say.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Ni Guy - I know.
    Se Girl - Aggression.
    Ni Guy - Romantic touch.
    Sex.

That's my take.
    SEE-ILI Duality in a nutshell.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it's been said already, I need someone to stimulate me into action, show me "the big wide world" outside of my own mind, put me out of my daydreaming and laziness and make me experience things. Also I need someone practical to take care of my daily affairs as I usually fail to meet them. I tend to be very scattered and moody, so I need someone to ground me, to bring stability into my life and my mind. Someone who could show me how to bring things to life, how to be more connected with reality.
    My problem with Se ego types, however is that they often are too intense and agressive and by that, they make me feel inferior and anxious in their company. I am not sure if it's normal for Se-seekers to feel like this about SxE types.It's often hard for me to feel comfortable and relaxed with Se people, because I know I suck at everything they do well, so I feel like they might think I am reterded

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    As it's been said already, I need someone to stimulate me into action, show me "the big wide world" outside of my own mind, put me out of my daydreaming and laziness and make me experience things. Also I need someone practical to take care of my daily affairs as I usually fail to meet them. I tend to be very scattered and moody, so I need someone to ground me, to bring stability into my life and my mind. Someone who could show me how to bring things to life, how to be more connected with reality.
    My problem with Se ego types, however is that they often are too intense and agressive and by that, they make me feel inferior and anxious in their company. I am not sure if it's normal for Se-seekers to feel like this about SxE types.It's often hard for me to feel comfortable and relaxed with Se people, because I know I suck at everything they do well, so I feel like they might think I am reterded
    The bolded parts... Sounds like you are seeking Si and not Se.

As for connecting more with the world and experiences, that could be either one, it's put pretty generally.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I usually don't fear Se-types and I don't like to rely on their energy. The latter roots in my E-Type's core fear, dependence is the average five's nightmare (the same goes for the eight which is my steely alter ego, a double whammy for every romantic interest, relative and friend of mine).

But: No rule without exception There is one Se-archetype that I react to rather strongly. The S_E people that seem to trigger this dualseeking are people-pleasing 3w2s. Generally Self-pres last ones. That kind of vibe:

(The last one has a good dose of 7 as well, but you get the gist)

I respect hard workers and socializers a lot so I get on well with them. They bring out my initiative and support with their interpersonal skill. On top of that, I empathize with their complexes because I am familiar with them, i.e. compensating for a perceived worthlessness, trying to fill an internal void, dealing with the illusory burden of expectations, wanting to make a good impression & pretending to be someone else, hiding one's demons, ego issues of give & take, overworking, dilemmas of approval, competing with oneself and others, "it's lonely at the top", self-esteem, fear of failure. Being pathologically similar is what turns out to be my Ni-Se experience. How to describe it... The `damaged achiever with the charming facade´ (yep, basically Elvis) is the type of Se that tends to pique my interest.

When I like someone who embodies this temper, I want to validate them, something I struggle to direct at myself. For them, my attention/appreciation turns out to be the essential reaction that their parents or early surroundings gave to them only under certain conditions or not at all. I naturally receive praise and cuddles (important) from them in return which enables me to give myself more credit and vice versa, so it works out. It's about learning self-love. We are similar in terms of drive but have different levels of outward charisma; their upbeat ways make me less negative, I ground them with sober Te competence/constructive critique/facts and apparently impress them with images and life philosophies from my Ni.

Some SLE-Se types exude "achiever"-ness and I want to be close to them, a lot of SEEs give off that feel and they know that I know it. I can go without their presence (I am as preoccupied as they are) but when this type of person is around, idk... there's chemistry and a feeling of being able to be open. A lot of teasing is going on as well, which makes my SX instinct go, "Now we're talking, show me what u got" --> mutual challenging as care in disguise.

And, of course, harmonizing subtypes ( flawless bunnies, thank you for existing ) make my creativity go through the roof. SEE-H brings out my lively intuition well, we can merge projects like that. Beta doesn't have as many Harmonizers so I can't say anything about that type of Se-seeking. So anyway, I hope my ILI perspective was still somewhat helpful.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is wrong to say that Se give energy to Ni. The energy level of a person is more to do with metabolism and state of being, both Se leads and Ni leads get energized from each other. There are Se leads that have a hard time to do things and Ni leads that are active "all the time" and verse versa.

Se DS is like, they try to Se stuff and want to find someone who is better than them. The tactic is probably to try to find them who are higher dimension in Se. A natural selection to find your dual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12