Thread: Do you remember exactly when you realized socionics works?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you remember exactly when you realized socionics works?

When did it 'click' for you that socionics works?

Discuss.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mbti or socionics it was when i learned to VI better and started understanding andreas hofer's theories and body typing.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still waiting. I’m not compatible with anyone

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    Still waiting. I’m not compatible with anyone
    Not necessary. I'm referring more here to actually typing your first person and being sure they are that type, or witnessing an ITR. Etc.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just looking back at the kinds of people I connected with and liked the most - they were typically SLEs or SEEs or other IEIs, a couple LSIs a few ILEs and EIEs etc. How I supervised ESEs and was supervised by LIEs etc.

Socionics isn't as accurate as attitudinal psyche to me though, like something about it is removed from PHYSICAL OBJECTIVE REALITY! too much where the lines between IEI and EII can still be too blurred. So a lot of what SLEs do annoy me, how they sugar coat and justify being an asshole too much, them viewing me as weaker than I really am or thinking I'm more manipulative than I really am can also be annoying. ((although obviously I will manipulate others if they are trying to put me in some unfair concentration camp position that I don't belong in or is unfair....)) U can't really blame me for manipulating people then, unless u are a sadist who gets off on seeing me locked up while u are free to be an asshole in the world with 0 repercussions and consequences.... I don't even think I'm this genius that manipulates others, it's just people are idiots and its not hard at all to stop being a direct asshole for 2 seconds and simply tell a person what they obviously want to hear - but for a lot of SLEs this might be difficult, that's true. oh and the idea that I like being abused for real just because I like it for pretend - ppl who have bad Ni and can't separate fantasy from reality yet project that *I* am the one with the problem.

*growl bite spit* Sorry, Nawcissist is probably a bad influence on me but I love that little nerd.

I play and say I'm eii still sometimes, but the thought of LSE as my 'dual' is just too repulsive and doesn't make any sense... everything about that type in the end makes my vagina drier than the Sahara desert, I mean if I had a vagina.

I definitely don't think duality is perfect, but maybe for rational types it's more easier in a way. Finding your type is kinda like your star sign but you need to find ur subtype, dcnh type and talanov type and enneagram and other factors that might help explain some things.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the very beginning due the sheer brilliant insightfulness of Strat's IEI and IEI-SLE descriptions.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d already been reading about mbti/ enneagram and when I stumbled on socionics I instantly believed that the relationship dynamic aspect must be real. I read way too many old posts written by EIIs and started resenting my delta friends lol. I considered dating someone other than a dual from inside the quadra. I discovered Rebelondeck’s posts and must have found nearly everything he ever posted and read them twice over and until some of it sank into my the back of my brain. (And saved a bunch of it too). I’m not sure I would have stuck with socionics if it wasn’t for his posts.

I started making my own links between traditional socionics and rebel’s ideas. I don’t read much of the literature but I know whose comments and observations to trust on here. The traditional understanding/ view of ITR is useful but for some people the J/P difference in a relationship is going to be problematic and cause conflict and break down, making those relationships inferior. Especially over time. Maybe that is already stated in the literature- it should be clearer though. (I’m not even sure calling it literature is fair?). It’s still in the ideas phase, like an underground movement. For many people, they may hardly notice the difference in ITR. If you have faced hardship in life, you’ll notice you have obvious personal preferences for friendship and relationships- healthy or unhealthy.

I think class/economic privilege are a better indicator of whether a person is happy or successful than the ITR of their relationship. However, the ITR is fairly significant too. My parents are supervision and if they were a stronger ITR they may have been able to work together to better support me? But they also had tough upbringings so maybe they would have had problems in any ITR. I think socionics can help us to understand ourselves and our relationships and help us break free from unhealthy modes of behaviour and expect more for ourselves. Class/economic privilege are not the be all and end all- enlightenment is superior.

it’s funny when I notice my te improving- like I’ve been quietly reporting my upstairs neighbour to make sure if/ when the noise gets out of hand, my land lord is likely to believe me.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 09-11-2022 at 10:46 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1556 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonism View Post
    From the very beginning due the sheer brilliant insightfulness of Strat's IEI and IEI-SLE descriptions.
    Same, but in my case, it was her LIE and ESI-LIE descriptions.

I definitely owe her.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently reconnected with a female Ni-xIE E8/6 that I knew in highschool. She's literally the only human being I've ever been able to speak candidly to/be myself fully around, but she isn't my type unfortunately

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1556 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I recently reconnected with a female Ni-xIE E8/6 that I knew in highschool. She's literally the only human being I've ever been able to speak candidly to/be myself fully around, but she isn't my type unfortunately
    Type is not absolute and connection is hard and even good connections require work.

I say, “Go for it.”

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Type is not absolute and connection is hard and even good connections require work.

I say, “Go for it.”
    I can't. I'm into thin girls and she sleeps around a lot

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1556 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can't. I'm into thin girls and she sleeps around a lot
    @Averroes, I sleep around a lot, but I’d stop all that nonsense if I had one good woman. I’m also way overweight compared to what I should be. It’s a result of constant frustration at having my entire life suck because I’m not in a good relationship.

Fat is an insulator against life’s insults.

Go for it. She might change.

She does sound like a possible EIE, though, so proceed with cautious optimism.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Averroes, I sleep around a lot, but I’d stop all that nonsense if I had one good woman. I’m also way overweight compared to what I should be. It’s a result of constant frustration at having my entire life suck because I’m not in a good relationship.

Fat is an insulator against life’s insults.

Go for it. She might change.

She does sound like a possible EIE, though, so proceed with cautious optimism.
    I'm just very visual and can't see myself being in a relationship with someone that I don't want to have sex with. She also seems to be in a phase in life where she'd rather accept her body the way it is instead of trying to conform to beauty standards and I don't think I'm amazing enough to make her change

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I learned what Fe polr was and realized that I wasn't autistic after all.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes, it clicks, sometimes it doesn't.
    Sometimes, it doesn't matter whether or not it clicks because of NTR stuff.
    I got a bunch of different typing systems hanging in my head that don't always give the same type, go read any typing thread with 2+ pages to see what it looks like.
    There tends to be one main trend for each person tho: Ej, Fe valuing, omni PoLR, delta quadra...
    Kidding about omni PoLR.

The biggest plus for me was to stop putting so much pressure on myself to do the Fe.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more disappointed I was with MBTI, the more I began to notice how empirically accurate socionics was. The latter closed all the contradictions I noticed in the other model. To be honest, the first time I read about socionics I didn't understand anything. I needed to come to such conclusions myself a bit before approaching them.

So, I needed a good amount of empirical experiences, in brief. My switch to socionics happened one year ago.
    Last edited by Mairon; 09-14-2022 at 08:28 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading ITR descriptions always left a burning memory of someone in my head. And then when I interacted with people I could start to see the 1s and 0s. the funny thing is socionics works retroactively for me. I can't always predict what someone is gonna do, but after they've done the thing it always makes me laugh how in line with socionics they acted. Just little moments of "socionics is real" throughout the day.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 09-15-2022 at 02:01 AM.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first read Socionics I immediately realized that it's way much better than MBTI. When I heard of MBTI, I noticed that it fails at its logic consistency. Socionics, on the other hand, contains a dichotomy-based definition which is quite self-consistent.

But it does take me approx. 1~2 years to understand Jung's definitions and how it works.