Thread: Sunrise, Sunset and INTjs

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Sunrise, Sunset and INTjs

At the LIIbrary yesterday, I had someone call in and ask for the sunset/sunrise times each day for the next week.

I asked her "For what city?"

She just starts laughing hysterically.

I ask her "What's so funny?"

She says "No one ever asks me the city. It's Minneapolis, duh. Same city as the LIIbrary."

I then go on to say that, "Well people do call in from other cities. Or they want to know for a different city other than the one they're in. Latitude and longitude factor into sunrise/sunset times. Also whether or not daylight savings time is observed."

She laughs some more and says "Just read off the times for Minneapolis the next 7 days. It's going to be the same time regardless of the city."

So I do what she says. I don't even mention the technicality that the cities in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area might differ by a couple minutes in their sunrise/sunset times. On a large-scale scheme of things, a couple minutes might seem rather trivial but from a very technical perspective, they won't have the exact same time because their latitudes and longitudes are slightly different.

I've had requests from others asking about sunrise/sunset times, and they've wanted a precise time down to the nearest minute. None of this approximately 7:15 pm the sun sets crap.

Do any other LIIs relate to this scenario? Regarding technical precision and things like that? Do people think you're overly technical at times and just laugh at you because your way of thinking is just so alien compared to the way they think?

@Megane @ClownsandEntropy @Hacim @Esaman and other LIIs I failed to mention.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super methodical, often times overly. Don't over think it to much, just get it done is what I feel like saying to you guys.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I certainly do this, at least for technicalities that I am learned in. Contrary to some stereotypes regarding leading types, I think that I can be rather verbose (concerning technical matters) rather than the stereotypical "terse and concise" of LIIs. To me, however, I am just providing all relevant information and accounting for all remote, theoretical possibilities, so in my subjective frame of mind I am being as concise as possible. Friends and family both comment on this quality of mine and often laugh. I suppose that knowing everything is humorous to some.

I also think that this may be more related to being a Ne-subtype LII, but I need to ruminate on that thought a bit more. Also, input from a LII-Ti would be appreciated. In any case, this quality does remind me of MBTI INTP descriptions, however flawed they may be.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I lean towards being more verbose on technical things than concise because it's important that different possibilities be considered. It's important to view it from different angles (H-P cognitive style for the win!). The 'common sense' approach is not always the right one or the most accurate.

I can be concise though. In a recent job interview I went on, I asked for feedback because I didn't get the job and I was told I should elaborate more on my answers. And here I was worried I elaborated too much and bored them!

So I think my problem is knowing when I should elaborate more and when I should be more concise.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I'm discussing stuff I'm pretty verbose. It's a part of me I don't like about my ability to communicate and I'm trying to tidy up.

For facts I'm pretty vague. For me the difference between 7:15 and 7:17 wouldn't be much of a muchness, unless it's super important like for catching a train or something. I don't think I'd have the foresight to think about how precisely someone wants the sunset.

Also: "When did she get to be a beauty? When did he grow to be so tall?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLLEBAQLZ3Q
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Socionics implications?

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, but when someone's made it clear they just want a general idea, there's no point. I would consider a 10 minute difference the cutoff In this situation.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it in your job description and did you say "Wait a moment, let me google that for you"?
    As for your question. I guess so. Prefer to think about the conditions instead of assuming them with that kind of technical stuff.