Chronic Procrasturbator Nomenclature's Avatar
    TIM
    ESFp 3w4 SX/SO??
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlavaPHP View Post
    I'm actually using uClassify.com's API.. the problem with their site is it does one letter at a time... So I went ahead and made my own script that performs an analysis for all 4 letters and then it brings it together and converts it to socionics too.... here is their site..... http://www.uclassify.com/browse
    Typealyzer.com did put uclassify's personality dichotomy scripts together for each of the four letters for MBTI a couple years ago. What is your algorithm based on? ...as in, how is the text analyzed, not how are the type letters spit out. Jeez.

As a side note, I copypasted one of my essays into uclassify's age recognition thing. It said I was probably old (like over 40). Then again, bear in mind that how I write my essays differs from how I write in an informal setting.
    Last edited by Nomenclature; 12-28-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    Genghis Khunt, drippin' like twater.
    tumblr (nsfw)

TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    Typealyzer.com did put uclassify's personality dichotomy scripts together for each of the four letters for MBTI a couple years ago. What is your algorithm based on?

As a side note, I copypasted one of my essays into uclassify's age recognition thing. It said I was probably old (like over 40). Then again, bear in mind that how I write my essays differs from how I write in an informal setting.
    I use a GET request to send the data for each letter, and then i parse the resulting XML and output the 4 letters...
    -Slava

ENTP/INTP

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Jim, Im not butthurt. The most I told Maritsa was essentially, "lol, look at this thread." The thread itself is funny, like theater.

I only feel sorrow for you. I do not feel what you exagerate that I do. If you wish to repaint the meaning of your actions, that is fine with me, but it is you who is cutting yourself off from others.
    Input: INPUT: Jim, Im not butthurt. The most I told Maritsa was essentially, \"lol, look at this thread.\" The thread itself is funny, like theater. I only feel sorrow for you. I do not feel what you exagerate that I do. If you wish to repaint the meaning of your actions, that is fine with me, but it is you who is cutting yourself off from others.
    MBTI: INTP
    SOCIONICS: INTj

I'm starting to pay attention to not your test, Slava.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INPUT: An abstract I wrote about the industrial revolution, 741 words
    MBTI: INTJ
    SOCIONICS: INTp
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only thing i've learned from this is:

soma ya'll extremely gullible. and soma ya'll extremely ffffucccked
    up.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I took everything seriously, no doubt any of yous don't take this test seriously, takes only a genius to see its potential like Helen said. Got ISTP/ISTj now. I'm my own supervisor now, always wanted to do that.
    Last edited by Absurd; 12-28-2012 at 03:15 PM.

INPUT: yo yo yo this is an essay
    MBTI: ISTP
    SOCIONICS: ISTj

=o

how did you set this up,Slava? show us the maths.

TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1 View Post
    INPUT: yo yo yo this is an essay

=o

how did you set this up,Slava? show us the maths.

The math is done by uClassify.com.... i just put 4 queries into one...
    -Slava

ENTP/INTP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Isn't it clear that this test sucks?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes if you put too much text it will default to INTP....
    Well that is stupid.

INPUT: male organ

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    God

INPUT:
    1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. 6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day. 9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good. 11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

Socionics: ENFp
    Jesus: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one. I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
    MBTI: INFP
    SOCIONICS: INFj
    Last edited by 717495; 12-30-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INPUT: Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’” “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    SOCIONICS: ESFj

Genesis 1:3-7 says Satan is ESFj.

Evil lurks in the Alpha quadra, I knew it...

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post

Genesis 1:3-7 says Satan is ESFj.
    That makes sense. Fi ignoring = Satan

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INPUT: I imagine the end of New Year's Eve where the change from 2012 to 2013 is more dramatic. Imagine there is a bright jet of light piercing through the night sky. You see another laser of light slowly converging on this beacon in the sky. At 0:00 in the new year is exactly when these two light beams collide, setting off a swirling double helix of comets traveling up the beam and into the sky, igniting a radial expansion of matter somewhere high up in distance in the sky. Essentially, one watches a huge light show. What if every year, the sky would turn a new radiant color at night?

MBTI: ENFP
    SOCIONICS: ENFp

Hells yeah!

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    the only thing i've learned from this is:

soma ya'll extremely gullible. and soma ya'll extremely ffffucccked
    up.
    From the first part of this statement I assume you believe I've fallen for something, if this is the case would you share what you believe I have believed and the manner in which you've reached this conclusion. I'm interested in your stuttered expletive and I would be interested if you chose to expand upon your statement. Alternatively I could just beat you with a shoe,
    Last edited by somavision; 01-02-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    IEE-Ne

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a stuttering impediment... so unfortunately I can't elaborate.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Muhammad Ali:

INPUT: Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven\'t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven\'t learned anything.
    MBTI: INFJ
    SOCIONICS: INFp

INPUT: Life is a gamble. You can get hurt, but people die in plane crashes, lose their arms and legs in car accidents; people die every day. Same with fighters: some die, some get hurt, some go on. You just don\'t let yourself believe it will happen to you.
    MBTI: ISFJ
    SOCIONICS: ISFp

INPUT: Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.

Alan Watts:

INPUT: You don\'t look out there for God, something in the sky, you look in you.

INPUT: A myth is an image in terms of which we try to make sense of the world.

INPUT: I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.

Bon Scott:

INPUT: I\'m a special drunkard... I drink too much.

INPUT: No matter how long you play rock n roll songs might change just as the balls are there, the rock balls. And that\'s what\'s important to us.

INPUT: I\'ve never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number.

Busta Rhymes:

INPUT: At the end of the day, man, you can\'t protect yourself from a haymaker that\'s coming in toward your face if you don\'t see it coming.
    MBTI: ENTP
    SOCIONICS: ENTp

INPUT: I really only respect the Arab culture. I ain\'t really trying to pay no attention to, ya know, these little people in political positions and executive positions that ain\'t Arab culture oriented people because a lot of the times, what are you really showing all of this concern for?

INPUT: My thinking is that if we\'re going to take from a culture, let\'s take from a culture that has exemplified success for thousands of years.

Hank Williams:

INPUT: If a song can\'t be written in 20 minutes, it ain\'t worth writing.
    MBTI: ESFP
    SOCIONICS: ESFp

INPUT: I was a pretty good imitator of Roy Acuff, but then I found out they already had a Roy Acuff, so I started singin\' like myself.

INPUT: You got to have smelt a lot of mule manure before you can sing like a hillbilly.
    MBTI: ENFJ
    SOCIONICS: ENFj

Rudolf Carnap:

INPUT: In science there are no \'depths\'; there is surface everywhere.

INPUT: Metaphysicians are musicians without musical ability.

INPUT: Logic is not concerned with human behavior in the same sense that physiology, psychology, and social sciences are concerned with it. These sciences formulate laws or universal statements which have as their subject matter human activities as processes in time. Logic, on the contrary, is concerned with relations between factual sentences (or thoughts). If logic ever discusses the truth of factual sentences it does so only conditionally, somewhat as follows: if such-and-such a sentence is true, then such-and-such another sentence is true. Logic itself does not decide whether the first sentence is true, but surrenders that question to one or the other of the empirical sciences.

Karl Popper:

INPUT: Whenever a theory appears to you as the only possible one, take this as a sign that you have neither understood the theory nor the problem which it was intended to solve.

INPUT: Science must begin with myths, and with the criticism of myths.

INPUT: Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again.

Raymond Chandler:

INPUT: When in doubt, have a man come through the door with a gun in his hand.
    MBTI: ISFP
    SOCIONICS: ISFj

INPUT: Good critical writing is measured by the perception and evaluation of the subject; bad critical writing by the necessity of maintaining the professional standing of the critic.

INPUT: She gave me a smile I could feel in my hip pocket.

Sivananda:

INPUT: It is divinity that shapes, not only your ends, but also your acts, your words and thoughts.

INPUT: Complete peace equally reigns between two mental waves. A desire arises in the mind. It is satisfied immediately another comes. In the interval which separates two desires a perfect calm reigns in the mind. It is at this moment freed from all thought, love or hate.

INPUT: Do not love leisure. Waste not a minute. Be bold. Realize the Truth, here and now!

Tertullian:

INPUT: The usual complaint is, \'I have no other way of earning a living.\' The harsh reply can be, \'Do you have to live?\'

INPUT: Truth engenders hatred of truth. As soon as it appears, it is the enemy.

INPUT: Two kinds of blindness are easily combined so that those who do not see really appear to see what is not.
    MBTI: ESTP
    SOCIONICS: ESTp

Heddy Lamarr:

INPUT: Experts always know everything but the fine points. When I took my citizenship exams, no one there knew how the White House came to be called the White House.

INPUT: Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.

INPUT: If I were to name my favorite pastime, I\'d have to say talking about myself. I love it and I think most other people do too. We need, people like us, more listeners and less talkers.

Slavoj Zizek:

INPUT: What is the Absolute? Something that appears to us in fleeting experiences--say, through the gentle smile of a beautiful woman, or even through the warm caring smile of a person who may otherwise seem ugly and rude. In such miraculous but extremely fragile moments, another dimension transpires through our reality. As such, the Absolute is easily corroded;it slips all too easily through our fingers and must be handled as carefully as a butterfly.

INPUT: Love feels like a great misfortune, a monstrous parasite, a permanent state of emergency that ruins all small pleasures.
    MBTI: ISTJ
    SOCIONICS: ISTp

INPUT: The true ethical test is not only the readiness to save the victims, but also - even more, perhaps - the ruthless dedication to annihilating those who made them victims.

Salvador Dali:

INPUT: At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since.
    MBTI: ENTJ
    SOCIONICS: ENTj

INPUT: In order to acquire a growing and lasting respect in society, it is a good thing, if you possess great talent, to give, early in your youth, a very hard kick to the right shin of the society that you love. After that, be a snob.

INPUT: Liking money like I like it, is nothing less than mysticism. Money is a glory.

Alfred Korzybski:

INPUT: God may forgive your sins, but your nervous system won\'t.

INPUT: If a psychiatric and scientific inquiry were to be made upon our rulers, mankind would be appalled at the disclosures.

INPUT: Thus, we see that one of the obvious origins of human disagreement lies in the use of noises for words.

Margaret Mead:

INPUT: Our humanity rests upon a series of learned behaviors, woven together into patterns that are infinitely fragile and never directly inherited.

INPUT: Having two bathrooms ruined the capacity to co-operate.

INPUT: I do not believe in using women in combat, because females are too fierce.

Khalil Gilbran:

INPUT: Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror.

INPUT: If your heart is a volcano, how shall you expect flowers to bloom?

INPUT: The person you consider ignorant and insignificant is the one who came from God, that he might learn bliss from grief and knowledge from gloom.

C. Northcote Parkinson:

INPUT: A committee is organic rather than mechanical in its nature: it is not a structure but a plant. It takes root and grows, it flowers, wilts, and dies, scattering the seed from which other committees will bloom in their turn.

INPUT: The Law of Triviality... briefly stated, it means that the time spent on any item of the agenda will be in inverse proportion to the sum involved.

INPUT: When any organizational entity expands beyond 21 members, the real power will be in some smaller body.

Jacques Lacan:

INPUT: Psychoanalysis is a terribly efficient instrument, and because it is more and more a prestigious instrument, we run the risk of using it with a purpose for which it was not made for, and in this way we may degrade it.

INPUT: What does it matter how many lovers you have if none of them gives you the universe?

INPUT: Writings scatter to the winds blank checks in an insane charge. And were they not such flying leaves, there would be no purloined letters.

e.e. cummings:

INPUT: Knowledge is a polite word for dead but not buried imagination.

INPUT: Humanity I love you because when you\'re hard up you pawn your intelligence to buy a drink.
    MBTI: ESTJ
    SOCIONICS: ESTj

INPUT: Listen; there\'s a hell of a good universe next door: let\'s go.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's intellectually dishonest to claim that you wrote this test when you really just hijacked someone else's code and tweaked it a bit.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    It's intellectually dishonest to claim that you wrote this test when you really just hijacked someone else's code and tweaked it a bit.
    Well, those are ILEs for you...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charles Darwin

INPUT: I am not very skeptical... a good deal of skepticism in a scientific man is advisable to avoid much loss of time, but I have met not a few men, who... have often thus been deterred from experiments or observations which would have proven servicable.

William James

INPUT: Round about the accredited and orderly facts of every science there ever floats a sort of dust-cloud of exceptional observations, of occurrences minute and irregular and seldom met with, which it always proves more easy to ignore than to attend to... Anyone will renovate his science who will steadily look after the irregular phenomena, and when science is renewed, its new formulas often have more of the voice of the exceptions in them than of what were supposed to be the rules.

Leo Tolstoy

INPUT: I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives.

Arthur C. Clarke

INPUT: It is really quite amazing by what margins competent but conservative scientists and engineers can miss the mark, when they start with the preconceived idea that what they are investigating is impossible. When this happens, the most well-informed men become blinded by their prejudices and are unable to see what lies directly ahead of them.

Mark Twain

INPUT: When even the brightest mind in our world has been trained up from childhood in a superstition of any kind, it will never be possible for that mind, in its maturity, to examine sincerely, dispassionately, and conscientiously any evidence or any circumstance which shall seem to cast a doubt upon the validity of that superstition. I doubt if I could do it myself.

Henri Poincare

INPUT: Doubt everything or believe everything: these are two equally convenient strategies. With either we dispense with the need for reflection.

H. Bauer

INPUT: It is not uncommon for engineers to accept the reality of phenomena that are not yet understood, as it is very common for physicists to disbelieve the reality of phenomena that seem to contradict contemporary beliefs of physics.

Herbert Spencer

INPUT: There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-- that principle is contempt prior to investigation.

Wilbur Wright

INPUT: If a man is in too big a hurry to give up an error he is liable to give up some truth with it.

Thomas Gold

INPUT: It\'s like religion. Heresy [in science] is thought of as a bad thing, whereas it should be just the opposite.

Carl Sagan

INPUT: You can get into a habit of thought in which you enjoy making fun of all those other people who don\'t see things as clearly as you do. We have to guard carefully against it.

H.G. Welles

INPUT: New and stirring things are belittled because if they are not belittled, the humiliating question arises, \'Why then are you not taking part in them?\'

Martin Gardner

INPUT: Modern science should indeed arouse in all of us a humility before the immensity of the unexplored and a tolerance for crazy hypotheses.

Arthur C. Clarke

INPUT: When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

Louis Armstrong

INPUT: There are some people that if they don\'t know, you can\'t tell \'em.

Wilfred Trotter

INPUT: If we watch ourselves honestly we shall often find that we have begun to argue against a new idea even before it has been completely stated.

Thucydides

INPUT: When a man finds a conclusion agreeable, he accepts it without argument, but when he finds it disagreeable, he will bring against it all the forces of logic and reason.

Robert Goddard

INPUT: It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

M. Truzzi

INPUT: \'Type one\' error is thinking that something special is happening when nothing special really is happening. \'Type two\' error is thinking that nothing special is happening, when in fact something rare or infrequent is happening.

J.A. Wheeler

INPUT: If you haven\'t found something strange during the day, it hasn\'t been much of a day.

Lewis Thomas

INPUT: It would seem to me... an offense against nature, for us to come on the same scene endowed as we are with the curiosity, filled to overbrimming as we are with questions, and naturally talented as we are for the asking of clear questions, and then for us to do nothing about, or worse, to try to suppress the questions...

Paul Kurtz

INPUT: Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place.

F. Barron

INPUT: The creative person pays close attention to what appears discordant and contradictory... and is challenged by such irregularities.

Schopenhauer

INPUT: Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see.

Marcel Proust

INPUT: The voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new horizons, but in seeing with new eyes.

Edwin Schrodinger

INPUT: The task is not to see what has never been seen before, but to think what has never been thought before about what you see everyday.

H. D. Thoreau

INPUT: A man receives only what he is ready to receive... The phenomenon or fact that cannot in any wise be linked with the rest of what he has observed, he does not observe.

Mark Twain

INPUT: You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

Max Planck

INPUT: The man who cannot occasionally imagine events and conditions of existence that are contrary to the causal principle as he knows it will never enrich his science by the addition of a new idea.

G. C. Lichtenberg

INPUT: With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another.

Stephen Hawking

INPUT: If what we regard as real depends on our theory, how can we make reality the basis of our philosophy? ...But we cannot distinguish what is real about the universe without a theory...it makes no sense to ask if it corresponds to reality, because we do not know what reality is independent of a theory.

Francis Crick

INPUT: Exploratory research is really like working in a fog. You don\'t know where you\'re going. You\'re just groping. Then people learn about it afterwards and think how straightforward it was.

T. H. Huxley

INPUT: The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of childhood into maturity.

Robert Oppenheimer

INPUT: There are children playing in the street who could solve some of my top problems in physics, because they have modes of sensory perception that I lost long ago.

R. Pirsig

INPUT: It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, \'Go away, I\'m looking for the truth.\' and so it goes away. Puzzling.

B.F. Skinner

INPUT: A first principle not formally recognized by scientific methodologists: when you run into something interesting, drop everything else and study it.

Francis Bacon

INPUT: They are ill discoverers that think there is no land when they see nothing but sea.

J.G. Holland

INPUT: Who never walks save where he sees men\'s tracks makes no discoveries.

John Tyndall

INPUT: It is as fatal as it is cowardly to blink facts because they are not to our taste.

W. I. Beveridge

INPUT: Many discoveries must have been stillborn or smothered at birth. We know only those which survived.

Emerson

INPUT: A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

Sir Martin Rees

INPUT: Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Konrad Lorenz

INPUT: It is a good morning exercise for a research scientist to discard a pet hypothesis every day before breakfast. It keeps him young.

William J. Durant

INPUT: Inquiry is fatal to certainty.

Richard Feynman

INPUT: If we will only allow that, as we progress, we remain unsure, we will leave opportunities for alternatives. We will not become enthusiastic for the fact, the knowledge, the absolute truth of the day, but remain always uncertain... In order to make progress, one must leave the door to the unknown ajar.

Carl Sagan

INPUT: Too much openness and you accept every notion, idea, and hypothesis - which is tantamount to knowing nothing. Too much skepticism - especially rejection of new ideas before they are adequately tested - and you\'re not only unpleasantly grumpy, but also closed to the advance of science. A judicious mix is what we need.

Mark Twain

INPUT: The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Goethe

INPUT: Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward; they may be defeated, but they start a winning game.

Emerson

INPUT: Beware when the great God lets loose a thinker on this planet. Then all things are at risk. It is as when a conflagration has broken out in a great city, and no man knows what is safe, or where it will end.

T.S. Elliot

INPUT: The end of our exploring will be to arrive at where we started, and to know the place for the first time.

Aristotle

INPUT: It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

J. Bahcall

INPUT: I personally feel it is presumptuous to believe that man can determine the whole temporal structure of the universe, its evolution, development and ultimate fate from the first nanosecond of creation to the last 10^10 years, on the basis of three or four facts which are not very accurately known and are disputed among the experts.

Lewis Thomas

INPUT: On any Tuesday morning, if asked, a good working scientist will tell you with some self-satisfaction that the affairs of his field are nicely in order, that things are finally looking clear and making sense, and all is well. But come back again on another Tuesday, and the roof may have just fallen in on his life\'s work.

C. G. Jung

INPUT: Science... is part and parcel of our knowledge and obscures our insight only when it holds that the understanding given by it is the only kind there is.

Carl Sagan

INPUT: Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.

Albert Einstein

INPUT: The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.

Beverly Rubik

INPUT: You can recognize a pioneer by the arrows in his back.

Ray Hyman

INPUT: As a whole, parapsychologists are nice, honest people, while the critics are cynical, nasty people.

Linus Pauling

INPUT: Science is the search for truth - it is not a game in which one tries to beat his opponent, to do harm to others.

Leo Burnett

INPUT: To swear off making mistakes is very easy. All you have to do is swear off having ideas.

Marshall McLuhan

INPUT: Only puny secrets need protection. Big discoveries are protected by public incredulity.

Howard Aiken

INPUT: Don\'t worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are that good, you\'ll have to ram them down people\'s throats.

Charles Brower

INPUT: A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a joke, or worried to death by a frown on the right person\'s brow.

Don Marquis

INPUT: If you make people think they\'re thinking, they\'ll love you; but if you really make them think they\'ll hate you.

John Keats

INPUT: The only means of strengthening one\'s intellect is to make up one\'s mind about nothing -- to let the mind be a thoroughfare for all thoughts. Not a select party.

G. Goebbels

INPUT: A lie repeated often enough becomes the truth.

Robert Heinlen

INPUT: Never attribute to conspiracy that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Wenher von Braun

INPUT: My friends they were dancing here in the streets of Huntsville when our first satellite orbited the Earth. They were dancing again when the first Americans landed on the moon. I\'d like to ask you, don\'t hang up your dancing slippers.

Voltaire

INPUT: A witty saying proves nothing.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Well that is stupid.

Jesus: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one. I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
    That's awesome. God and Jesus are delta NF mirrors!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    From the first part of this statement I assume you believe I've fallen for something, if this is the case would you what you believe I have believed and the manner in which you've reached this conclusion. I'm interested in your stuttered expletive and I would be interested if you chose to expand upon your statement. Alternatively I could just beat you with a shoe,

teehee...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put a bunch of my old writing in to this thing and got out a nice little assortment of types, ESFp, ISFj, INFj, ESFj, INTj, and ESTp. These tests are retarded.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    INPUT:

Socionics: ENFp
    Yeah, those were the days. Back when kids respected their elders! Not like these young'uns nowadays with their eye-rolling and their smartphones and their questioning authority. I'll show you a Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil... with my +2 Divine Spanking Belt of Reckoning!
    And it was good.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INPUT: Statistically speaking, if you\'re a sexually active young person right now that\'s had multiple partners, you\'re chock full of chlamydia.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Yeah, those were the days. Back when kids respected their elders! Not like these young'uns nowadays with their eye-rolling and their smartphones and their questioning authority. I'll show you a Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil... with my +2 Divine Spanking Belt of Reckoning!
    good god, god. can't you cool it or something?

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Isn't it clear that this test sucks?
    possibly the first sensible thing she's ever said, and no one notices??? wtf

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this is very interesting that these things exist already...well I figured someone would get around to eventually. Intriguing though. So are you using the API and then assuming the "j/p switch," or are you using your own algorithm?

[EDIT] Okay, sorry, I guess I would know you're using the API if I had read past the 1st page of the thread. But the j/p switch is suspect; Since uClassify measures MBTI "J/P" scale, you can't really just reverse that and assume you get the Socionics type. As has been discussed ad nauseam, it's really more complicated than that. MBTI understandings/typings for Ip/Ij seem to match Socionics Ip/Ij often enough, and the only way to get around the apparent contradiction is to recognize that the two systems tend have different ideas of what behavior is related to which underlying function, plus different definitions of the underlying functions (which as we know are relatively variable among different socionists anyway, but that's a different issue). Only if you believe that uClassify is correctly analyzing Socionics IM elements can you expect to get the right answer simply by doing a J/P switch for introverts in MBTI.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 01-14-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Of course this will never get solved. Every time someone familiar with MBTI discovers Socionics, the same problems will always come up, as the circle goes around and around and around....)

Creepy-male

INPUT: Does this thing work

INPUT: Does this imply that INFps are more likely to ask if something works because they are feelers and not as smart as thinkers?

INPUT: Did I get INTp because I used the word implication. Ergo, the logically necessary conclusion we arrive at is use the word implication alot. The implications of me using this word are that I\'ll be typed ILI.

INPUT: Implication

INPUT: Fuck, that\'s an alpha NT word.

INPUT: FUCK

INPUT: No surprise FUCK is an alpha word.

INPUT: Does this alternate between INTj and INTp

INPUT: Tom eats apples

INPUT: I like turtles

INPUT: Your mother is hot

INPUT: I enjoy touching myself

INPUT: I enjoy it when it rains outside

INPUT: I like to sing in the rain

INPUT: I like to do statistical calculus in the rain

INPUT: Calculus

INPUT: Rain

INPUT: Fire

INPUT: Dance

INPUT: Music

INPUT: Philosophy

INPUT: I see your translator associates words to types, most impressive.

INPUT: Mortal Kombat has Begun.

Creepy-male

So useful, thanks!

Even if the logic is off, that could be used to improve the software. It would be interesting if you actually had an algorithm based off of multiple languages and word associations. The word associations could be stored in a database and altered, loaded as lists. The algorithm could also be modified. You could even select between different algorithms to compare results.

I'm noticing certain sentences or ideas get different types than others. So in effect it seems almost as if there is some shifting of type idea to idea. Would one remedy this by weighing the types from each idea with their frequency of occurrence. Having that sort of statistical power built into the software would be great. It would allow for the person to zoom into more detail and zoom out to get both a holistic understanding of their type and a more granular and mechanical view of exactly why.

The use of loadable languages, algorithms, and word association data also for different schools of typology to fine tune the instrument.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INPUT: Carbon dioxide, Mister Speaker, is a natural byproduct of nature. Carbon dioxide is natural. It occurs in Earth... So necessary is it to human life, to animal life, to plant life, to the oceans, to the vegetation that\'s on the Earth, to the, to the fowl that — that flies in the air, we need to have carbon dioxide.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INPUT: This test sucks.

INPUT: This test sucks balls.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INPUT: Gay

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm surprised with this test. even if it does not always give the correct typing, it very often seems to give the correct club (SF/NT/NF/ST), or a similar type (such as Look-a-like).

however I did notice it seems to overtype intellectually reflective kinds of writings as MBTI INTP/socionics INTj. this happened multiple times even when using writing from people who are widely accepted Ethical types.

it infrequently gives a result that is extremely far-off (such as a Conflictor or Super-ego.)

it's possible some of these discrepancies could be related to the fact the test was originally written to determine MBTI type, not sociotype.

overall I think this test might at least give you a better-than-random estimate for a typing.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    I'm surprised with this test. even if it does not always give the correct typing, it very often seems to give the correct club (SF/NT/NF/ST), or a similar type (such as Look-a-like).

however I did notice it seems to overtype intellectually reflective kinds of writings as MBTI INTP/socionics INTj. this happened multiple times even when using writing from people who are widely accepted Ethical types.

it infrequently gives a result that is extremely far-off (such as a Conflictor or Super-ego.)

it's possible some of these discrepancies could be related to the fact the test was originally written to determine MBTI type, not sociotype.

overall I think this test might at least give you a better-than-random estimate for a typing.
    INPUT: I\'m surprised with this test. even if it does not always give the correct typing, it very often seems to give the correct club (SF/NT/NF/ST), or a similar type (such as Look-a-like). however I did notice it seems to overtype intellectually reflective kinds of writings as MBTI INTP/socionics INTj. this happened multiple times even when using writing from people who are widely accepted Ethical types. it infrequently gives a result that is extremely far-off (such as a Conflictor or Super-ego.) it\'s possible some of these discrepancies could be related to the fact the test was originally written to determine MBTI type, not sociotype. overall I think this test might at least give you a better-than-random estimate for a typing.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is a possibility to make a program like this produce accurate results when given a text of enough length. But rather than trying to figure out an algorithm, I would simply use a large group of verified people (this is, people you're sure what type they are) and use a neural network to find the patterns.

But one thing is sure: I would restrict it to Socionics.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    a large group of verified people (this is, people you're sure what type they are)
    No such thing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast