TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default whats your favorite superheroe/s movie

-- AND W HY?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hancock from hancock. nice vaguely character-driven film, no costume bullshit. just a guy with powers doin shit for free, then getting pissed af when everyone ends up hating him for it

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Idk, I'm kind of bored/jaded with the superhero thing. It's been done to death. Batman tho I guess. I wish there was a better balanced Batman of the grim/serious and overly campy instead of just too much in one direction.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think my favourite Superman film is Superman II, which I like more than the Batman films.

I generally prefer (in preference to superhero films) films with a fantasy background and/or character/s that are fancifully "human" (not necessarily human). With few exceptions, films that reflect real life I generally find boring, too gritty, not idealistic etc.: I don't tend to see the point of something that represents life exactly as it is or even dwells on its intense negative aspects unless there is some profound truth to it and/or a new way of depicting it. However, I possibly also prefer low fantasy to high fantasy, because I suppose I like stories with some semblance of order and which have a certain "What if...?" element about our own world. It might surprise some that I tend to dislike historical dramatizations (unless done very well): the past is the past, and was a very stifling place. Dwelling on it, even as an alternative history, does not seem desirable to me (although being interested in history is another matter).

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off the top of my head, I'd have to say some of my favorites have been Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy. I prefer to see and experience new worlds and races. Asgard was beautiful in Thor, and I loved the diversity of races, characters, and planets in GotG.

I'm fairly excited about Wonder Woman, although I'm hoping we get to see some mythical world scenes, not just planet Earth. We need more cool female heroes
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious about wonder woman also

]I actually just saw deadpool and enjoyed it very much because it was (even if obviously so) kind of the perfect counter to the massive re-purposing of every possible comic book hero now

AND it was still about a great love in spite of the juvenile nature of everything else about it

Colossus was your candy-ass LSE 1w9 kind of figure to foil deadpool

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walter Kovacs aka. Rorschach. Just to name one.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never gotten much into superhero movies. But if I had to pick, my favorite superhero movies are probably The Dark Knight and Watchmen. Captain America might be my favorite superhero...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eiis seem to love captain america

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spiderman (2002).