Thread: LIIs/INTjs who are social and well-liked

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    ..........I work with this LII analyst. He's overweight, bald on top, has a scraggly red beard and dresses like he grudgingly put clothes on when he got out of bed but they spent the last few days rolled in a ball on the floor. I like him, but an IEE described him as "revolting".........
    I haven't met professional LIIs who could be described as scraggy although I did meet one with an actual body odour condition that could water ones eyes by mid-afternoon. They usually seem to appear well-kept but nondescript; if they were fashionable, it was by accident but none were obese or revolting. The look that most LIIs seem to prefer is invisibility and what you describe wouldn't achieve that; now, many ILIs seem to like a counter-culture appearance.........

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I haven't met professional LIIs who could be described as scraggy although I did meet one with an actual body odour condition that could water ones eyes by mid-afternoon. They usually seem to appear well-kept but nondescript; if they were fashionable, it was by accident but none were obese or revolting. The look that most LIIs seem to prefer is invisibility and what you describe wouldn't achieve that; now, many ILIs seem to like a counter-culture appearance.........

a.k.a. I/O
    I didn't say I thought he was obese or revolting, just that he was overweight and an IEE thought he was revolting. I'll PM to you a picture of him standing next to an LIE, and you can decide for yourself.
    I've worked with this guy for six years and both he and I are sure that he's an LII. We've talked about it at length and he's taken tests which indicated he is LII. He even gave his GF a test and she got ESE. Then she left him.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing to watch out for is whether someone has a personality or cognitive disorder. I worked with a guy who was extremely unprofessional and violated everyone's personal space pretty much by default. He lacked all self-awareness when it came to how others saw him, but he also interjected himself into everyone else's business because of high extroversion.

My first thought was that he was a complete POS. Then I slowly realized that he probably had some kind of autistic disorder and had a hard time processing other people's perspectives.

I did eventually figure out his socionics type: he was my identical. It did seem like he cared about behaving professionally, but because of his autistic disorder never figured out other people's unspoken reactions towards what he was doing.
    Last edited by xerx; 06-22-2019 at 10:34 PM.