Thread: what do you do all day?

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default what do you do all day?

I don't know what I do. sometimes if I don't have school or work, I'll just do a whole lot of nothing but it'll still feel like a good day. even when I'm in a relationship, I feel like they subconsciously adjust to my way of living and we just laze around all day. we spend a lot of time indoors, we go hiking a few times a week, sometimes we hang out with his friends, if the opportunity presents itself, but if I had it my way, I'd just read, watch, and go for walks.

but then sometimes people will ask me what I did today and I'm just like "I woke up"

so yeah, what do you do all day?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

My life is pretty routinized. It's not always exactly like this, and sometimes the routine changes, but its been more or less like this for the past few months:

Monday through Friday I leave for work at 6:30 and get back at 6:00 so I don't have a ton of remaining hours. Whatever extra time I have in the morning is spent exercising and whatever extra time I have at night is spent doing whatever I have the energy for, which often means just looking at my phone.

Saturday morning I walk to the bakery for my weekly croissant and then until noon I diddle around or tidy up. At noon I leave for karate class and I do my weekly grocery shopping on the way back and get home around 3:00. Then my iei friend comes over to spend the night and we always drink and order takeout and just shoot the shit.

Sundays are my day to introvert and recharge, but I also need to do laundry and clean, so I alternate between Netflix and chores all day.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

trying to do something useful

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

study, harrass my bf, complain with him, cheer him up, laugh about everything around us, complain about everything around us, draw astro charts for people I've never met, draw astro charts for people I know, study astrology, sleep, sleep, eat. ( i cry a lot as well pretty much for everything..)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work usually from 7.30 am to 18.30 pm
    Monday i have home office so i am a bit more free
    3 days a week i exercise usually in the early mining
    Saturday at 7 i go with the Cycling group until 11, then some chores, then at 5 i go out with Friends and gilfriend
    Sunday i usually either do something outdoorsy or i read/study some new tipici, and clean

Generally i don't really like spending time indoors
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I navel gaze into the abyss of introverted intuition sprinkled with introverted thinking. Now and then I fall deep into the abyss of introverted feeling then I rise from the ashes, like the phoenix. When I respond similar to this when asked what I do all day I find people stop asking. I usually find the question annoying and accusatory.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Go to work, run, read, play games, watch videos and shows, program

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll try giving an answer that doesn't make me sound utterly pathetic lol, but basically feel the same way about it as @Aylen.

a typical day for me is waking up whenever i wake up and going to sleep whenever i go to sleep (my "day" cycles from night to day living over the course of a couple of weeks and back again, but generally it's 6 to 8 hours sleep then a 12 to 20 hour day, with a random 1 or 2 hour nap occasionally thrown in). I live probably 90% of my "life" on my computer with half hourly "breaks" to go outside to quickly suck down half a cig and take a couple hits of weed if i have some (usually that's a few days once or twice a month). i wake up, check here and facebook for likes and messages or anything interesting to respond to, then hit my youtube subscriptions for what's new, usually this gives me a few hours of gaming and slice of life videos and a few hours of comedy, psychology, science and politics podcasts that i can bounce between when nobody is socializing in a way that interests me online (discord, fb, and the forum chat). sometime after the sun goes down i generally take a half hour to hour walk around outside so that i don't completely melt into a sack of goo. any time off the computer is spent reading (probably an hour or so a day, unless i'm really immersed into a series in which case it will be hours) and being available for whatever needs to be done around the house (including occasionally just being present socially for my mom if i know she hasn't gotten outside socialization for the day.) ummm... throw in rare "work" fixing computers for druggies and doing any physical presence work needed for my friend who did the IT at this doctors office (we've done network cabling throughout the whole place and he built their server/network, occasionally he needs someone to go check a connection, unplug and plug something back in, or just to have a knowledgable person at the keyboard he can guide when he can't remote in as he lives a couple hours away). also, lately i'm working on getting proficient in java for an android gps based seeding system i'm working towards with a friend and his cousin. as far as irl friend interaction, i've pretty much drifted into my own world away from everyone to avoid hard drugs plus just not having money to do normal shit with other people (also generally not wanting to), but a couple times a year i get in a boardgame day with friends who don't do that shit either anymore.

yeah, that's pretty much my life at this point.
    Last edited by bgbg; 01-31-2018 at 05:53 AM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    I don't know what I do. sometimes if I don't have school or work, I'll just do a whole lot of nothing but it'll still feel like a good day. even when I'm in a relationship, I feel like they subconsciously adjust to my way of living and we just laze around all day.
    See for me its the total opposite: I adjust to their way of living and being. So my efforts are to try and stay OUT of a relationship because I know this is what will happen and I have to be very careful its one I want to be in. Like if they are adjusting to me to much it would be a red flag.

then I say those words and they don't feel true either. its like im jail breaking life right now.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I naturally do what I have to do and following that, nothing. I just like to keep the same pace. If I have no obligations I won't look for obligations or things to do though, I will waste all the time I can get so really free time is not something I know how to use.

I enjoy keeping my mind and imagination on the internet where the cost is pretty low compared to doing real life things, but I balance it with going outside for nature hikes alone.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Too much!

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

well lately since I haven't been working, a whole lot of nothing. Filling out job apps, searching job listings, making phone calls, and other boring adult things. Otherwise, I've been playing a fuck ton of video games.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compulsory masturbation.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

outside of the regular life stuff I do a whole bunch of research - it's a never ending quest

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do plenty which I will not divulge. I sometimes crave for the days when I am not working to do the things that I feel matter, but where would I be without earning a living, so I am thankful and hopeful it will continue. So, to answer, I do, stuff.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    This is kind of a rant on what I do all day and what I want to do all day,

But I always feel like I have a gazillion things I want/need to do, but either I'm going too slowly/getting distracted or getting too involved in my distractions that time seems to go by so quickly sometimes I think it's a different day or I can't believe the day is over. Like I can't believe January is almost over. Blows my mind. I feel like I've been sitting involved in my hobbies that I haven't even paid attention to it. I always feel like I need to clean, but if I'm going to be honest, it's like low on my priority list. I'm like a horrible house keeper. I have about 5 books checked out I need to finish by the end of the month, because I've had them on hold on a digital library forever and I'll have to wait a long time to get them again. I always check out too many books that I can't handle. I have some Xbox games I'd like to play, some tv shows, and I have about 5 projects lined up that I want to crochet. And I don't know if it's ADHD or what. But I feel like I want to do them all at once really fast. But the day goes by somehow and I feel like I've done nothing. And then I look up one day and realize, hey I haven't done laundry and I have no clothes to wear and my house is a mess and I can't find matching socks. So I get depressed, overwhelmed, because I feel like an epic failure at life. And I know that might sound a little dramatic. But that's how it makes me feel. An Epic Failure. So I've been trying to organize my life. Do things in an orderly manner. Makes me more productive that way, I think.

It's amazing, and to me highly admirable when people are like clockwork and get so much done in a day, reliable, motivated. I feel like a flakey slob that is all over the place. Like I look at my step grandfather, who has his stuff together more than anyone I know, always on the go, doing stuff, getting stuff done, and it's like, why can't I be like you?

And I think, should I even be doing these things? They make me happy, but are they beneficial? What's more important, being happy or being beneficial. Maybe there is a happy medium, I don't know. But doing things that make me happy make me slack on things I should be doing, which then make me unhappy with myself.

Maybe I do a lot and I don't realize it. Maybe people don't do as much as I think they do. Idk. But I always feel like I never do enough.
    I relate a lot to having a million things to get around to but never actually getting around to them. For me, it's when I like the idea of knowing something or having some skill, but don't actually enjoy doing it when I have the opportunity. Other things I shouldn't like (according to this feeling that I have a certain debt to know some things but not others) but do (like mindlessly optimizing or improving random and accessible things) are not thought of. For me it's like a super-ego thing. Society expects X of me so I'm going to kill myself with guilt about trying to do X even if I never really get there. But that's probably the wrong way to go, because you need balance and without feeling satiated on your real wants, you won't ever feel like it's time to do something else. But then you still only want to do like 90% real wants and 10% things you should care about but really don't. So I don't know what the right way to go about it is. Some people say you should just suck it up, but I think that really only applies to skills, and not reading or other things that can't really be mastered (and thus make you start liking to do them).

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What I do in my day is my business...unless of course, you'd like my business to become yours

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Today. I went to work... I took a leave yesterday I'm getting poor already hahahahhaha! Because i take too many leaves lol xD

Yet i still spend like there's no effin tomorrow xDD

Okay.. What i did today.. Concentrate.

So i went to work.. And it's actually the end of the month and usually, every end of the month, we were required to submit an annual activity report where we will.. Oh it's I.. I'm gonna list three things i need to improve in myself and what to do to achieve them. It's actually a bunch of bullshit ya know.

I calmed myself down. I didn't let my Ne consume me. I used my Ti. Like, i just did it.. Whenever I'm using my Ti i always accomplish things.

So, there after three hours I'm done then after that i proceed to development of a new application. I'm actually quite excited about it because it's my first time creating my own program/application there. Because usually i just bug fix ;p

I like developing and improving my work hihi ♡

So there.. That's the only thing i became happy this day.. I love my job, like the actual work.. But i don't like the people.. I don't get along well with estj and intj..

My estj team lead sometimes uses his Fe.. Which is obviously fake to me.. but he's nice when he's on Fe mode.. But he's just doing that so he can control everything. Just some sort of manipulation.. But it's so obvious for me. :/

My intj coworker he's a male.. I don't get along well with intj males.. But with intj girls I'm okay with them.. I just basically hate the male species.. I don't like Te types xD i don't know.. I'm allergic to Te users.

I figured out, my brother is an Estj and i hate him so much. He's the most evil, liar, manipulative human being ever.. He's not even a human but a demon probably xD that's just how evil he is.. He's estj confirmed.

There... And then, when i went back home, i ordered this.. It was so delicious!!!!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The hotdog.. When i first saw it.. Looks like a penis

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    When I saw it was you who posted the picture, I expected a comment about penises. I am pleased.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Work on weekdays, obvs.
    Sometimes either read, lift weights, do yoga or tai chi after work depending on the day or what I'm feeling.

Quiet weekends I read, watch tv and maybe go to the gym.
    On non quiet weekends I party til failure.
    ἀταραξία

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I ask the same question to myself everyday.

I haven't answered yet.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Kinda looks like two fingers to me.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickelslick View Post
    When I saw it was you who posted the picture, I expected a comment about penises. I am pleased.
    Hahahahahaha 😂 seriously, i really saw a penis like when i opened the hotdog box, i was like.. Oh penis.. Hmmm.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Kinda looks like two fingers to me.
    Oh your fingers look like that?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    study astrology, sleep, sleep, eat
    The E-9 I know has in the signature pictures of: book, pillow, coffee.
    She said that may stay in the bed for all day with a book or notebook. And seems may even just to seat and dream. She plays games with detective puzzles as thinks it's more useful.

> i cry a lot as well pretty much for everything..

probably you need people near which inspire better general mood in you. so you'd saw the world as lighter place

Last edited by Sol; 02-01-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    : ) I'm not a 9.. and I wouldn't love being all day in bed

probably you need people near which inspire better general mood in you. so you'd saw the world as lighter place

I cry while watching the news lol, or just for cartoons or stuff like that... a lot of time it's from happiness but I'm just over sensitive lately (yes, I need to get out of this depression I fell in 9 month ago when my mum died... but it'll take time)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    : ) I'm not a 9.. and I wouldn't love being all day in bed
    You are cute and touchy like 9 are. So may to be. I don't insist (9 does not like this).

> I cry while watching the news lol, or just for cartoons or stuff like that...

News often make me angry and lead to switch the channel. It's senseless to see how people suffer when you are unable to help, also I don't like to see a lie and propaganda of things I reject, or "important" things I don't care like about actors's life.
    Sometimes I have tears from painful heart memories, music, rarely watching movies. Mostly I'm not emotional, but happens.

> I need to get out of this depression I fell in 9 month ago when my mum died...

I'm sorry to hear this. And you are young for such experience. If to feel yourself as part of wider things, like society or humanity, what are we today on longer time scale then our loses are taken easier.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    She said that may stay in the bad for all day with a book and notebook. And seems may even just to seat and dream. She plays games with detective puzzles as thinks it's more useful.

> i cry a lot as well pretty much for everything..

I knoe a 9 too who's okay staying all day in his room and just relax..