Thread: types determination

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default types determination

just copy pasted from another thread, feel free to add any thought

Technical Q for the experts: is Fe (ignoring function), for leading Fi egos, scoring low in tests, as a general rule? In general, is the ignoring function among the least developed? We know the demonstrative usually takes among the highest scores, but it will stay as an unconscious function that we can't really maneuver as the opposed creative one.

Is this a good way to determine one's type, when checking the functions results for tests?

It's hard to determine the base function sometime, I'm wondering how can we determine the type if instead we know what we lack. It's a neti neti approach, working by exclusion, couldn't it work to create some clarity? What are the other "in the normal range" functions that would oppose the strong leading ones? I know I lack Se if I'm a base Ni, I can't be Ni even if it's the strongest, if I have strong Se too though. The weaker confirms the strongest basically. But it's the overall disposition to determine the type.. if you can determine it.
    There's a general distribution of forces for the 3 blocks below ego, that follows a predisposed strength order. Base (strong) creative (strong), usually demonstrative should be strong too. Milder for role, still strong. Polr, HA and suggestive are weak, what about ignoring? The name doesn't suggest much strength.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hybris theory View Post
    just copy pasted from another thread, feel free to add any thought

Technical Q for the experts: is Fe (ignoring function), for leading Fi egos, scoring low in tests, as a general rule? In general, is the ignoring function among the least developed? We know the demonstrative usually takes among the highest scores, but it will stay as an unconscious function that we can't really maneuver as the opposed creative one.

Is this a good way to determine one's type, when checking the functions results for tests?
    Not always. It depends on subtypes. Of course, an EII-Fi (Inert subtype) will have stronger Fe than an EII-Ne (Contact subtype). If your demonstrative is very pronounced, then it's really probable that you're an EII-Ne (Ni is the strongest function of this type, even if it's in a Demonstrative position).

Here's a very good explanation of functional strength by @Medusa. It can be helpful to list your IEs from the strongest to the weakest to see if you can relate to a specific subtype.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice article from Medusa. I like how the 8 different functions follow a paired order: if you have a dominant Fi your Fe will be strong too, resulting in low Te and Ti too. I didn't know of this association of the kindred elements, glad to see it.

It seems at this point that it's really the base function of the general types to determine what a person is, or there could just be 16 types where the 2 semi-identical with the opposed preferences actually operate as one, or am I missing something? What distinguishes a EII-Ne from an IEI-Ni? Is it down to a squadra preference? Why does it seem like the irrational subtypes are closer to the ideal of Dimensionality? Is there a general idea of how a normal type should work too? :/

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@hybris theory: The best way to distinguish an EII-Ne from an IEI-Ni is to look at which Information Element you value. Although the two subtypes have same functional strength, keep in mind that an EII-Ne will always value Fi, Ne, Si and Te, while an IEI-Ni will value Ni, Fe, Ti and Se.

At this point, you have four roads: I recommend you to study in depth bot your Leading/Demonstrative (Fi/Ni) axis and your PoLR/Suggestive (Se/Te) axis, to discover which IEs you value. Let's say that you're sure that your PoLR is Te. Then you will automatically be an EII.

Yes, it can be helpful to read about Quadras too (Delta/Beta), but take them always with a grain of salt.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grazie @username! I guess you meant Te PoLR is making one an IEI, these letters are a bit confusing

Lulz, I like how you went "now you have four roads", ok I'm on it, I'll get it soon thanks for showing me the wayyy

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Not always. It depends on subtypes. Of course, an EII-Fi (Inert subtype) will have stronger Fe than an EII-Ne (Contact subtype). If your demonstrative is very pronounced, then it's really probable that you're an EII-Ne (Ni is the strongest function of this type, even if it's in a Demonstrative position).

Here's a very good explanation of functional strength by @Medusa. It can be helpful to list your IEs from the strongest to the weakest to see if you can relate to a specific subtype.
    How about how the subtypes influence HA and PolR?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaebette View Post
    How about how the subtypes influence HA and PolR?
    Inert subtypes strengthens HA and PoLR, Contact subtypes weakens them.