Thread: Sensors and long-distance relationships

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sensors and long-distance relationships

Would it be typically harder for a sensor to sustain a long-distance relationship?

As a sensor, if your partner had to work abroad for an extended period of time (1 year or more); what would they need to do in order to sustain the relationship?

Would you rather break it off and wait for their return to start over again?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YXPR View Post
    Would it be typically harder for a sensor to sustain a long-distance relationship?
    for anyone it's hard. nature predisposes to remove feelings to the ones who are not close

types specifics is possible
    for S types will be hard to keep sexual interest due to the higher need in real sensantions
    for T types communication is hard as emotions are not seen, easier for emotions to be reduced as T need external stimulation more

> As a sensor, if your partner had to work abroad for an extended period of time (1 year or more); what would they need to do in order to sustain the relationship?

it will be easier if to make IRL meetings regularly, video chats, phone, net messaging, photos exchange

> Would you rather break it off and wait for their return to start over again?

1 year is not so much in case you have strong interest and feelings to each other

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YXPR View Post

As a sensor, if your partner had to work abroad for an extended period of time (1 year or more); what would they need to do in order to sustain the relationship?
    send more nudez

jk

yes it's possible but you have to keep it sexy, or somewhat "touchy", like calling each other 33 times a day (for me it's really stressful even just once a day). S types are more "possessive", make sure you give them a sense of security in some way

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think it is quite easy for Ti types to distance themselves for relationships. Just to think about myself for example. Alpha Ti with democratic predisposition does not feel societal pressure so it is even easier for them.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    send more nudez

jk

yes it's possible but you have to keep it sexy, or somewhat "touchy", like calling each other 33 times a day (for me it's really stressful even just once a day). S types are more "possessive", make sure you give them a sense of security in some way
    The issue with calling everyday is that it can become annoying very quickly. I know I would be annoyed. But yes scheduling calls and making it a habit seems to be a good idea.

The nudes thing is actually very important I think though, no joke. Maybe even phone sex.

I know an SEI girl who was working abroad in the UK. Every month either she would go back to France or her boyfriend would come to visit her. She said that they had to do it because sex is important as she needs to let her body "breath". I thought it was a funny way of putting it.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I think it is quite easy for Ti types to distance themselves for relationships. Just to think about myself for example. Alpha Ti with democratic predisposition does not feel societal pressure so it is even easier for them.
    Do you mean that it is easy for Ti types to distance themselves from a relationship? If that's what you mean then according to you, what can your partner do to prevent you from distancing yourself from the relationship? Should they even try?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I saw some family dynamics of an ILE-SEI marriage the other day. The couple is probably late 30's/early forties and has a daughter about eight years old.

The SEI mother took the daughter around with her when she went places, but the daughter spent some time interacting with her ILE father. She gave him a piece of candy. The ILE father seemed to basically ignore his SEI wife, but he was right there with his daughter. He was engaged and playful, almost as if he and his daughter were nearly-equal-age regular playmates just goofing around. Not at all like the Delta or Gamma family dynamics I'm familiar with. I'm not sure what was going on (because....opposing quadra values), but I've seen another ILE interact with his son as if they were both little kids.

In other words, I think the daughter kept the ILE engaged in the marriage.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I saw some family dynamics of an ILE-SEI marriage the other day. The couple is probably late 30's/early forties and has a daughter about eight years old.

The SEI mother took the daughter around with her when she went places, but the daughter spent some time interacting with her ILE father. She gave him a piece of candy. The ILE father seemed to basically ignore his SEI wife, but he was right there with his daughter. He was engaged and playful, almost as if he and his daughter were nearly-equal-age regular playmates just goofing around. Not at all like the Delta or Gamma family dynamics I'm familiar with. I'm not sure what was going on (because....opposing quadra values), but I've seen another ILE interact with his son as if they were both little kids.

In other words, I think the daughter kept the ILE engaged in the marriage.
    But SEE's seem to be the best buddies with their kids. I have no idea what they would do otherwise. Something new to conqueror if they lack ILI, I presume.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When i miss the contact of someone, i usually create fantastical situations and images in which we are together for ''satiety''.
    Sometimes this ideal is broken when actual contact arises.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a sensor, but I'm not a fan of ldr - i mean real "long distance" meaning that you can't hop on a train and see each other during the weekend.

Mostly because I think people will generally end up being interested in someone who is more readily available, it just makes more sense. However, I know a couple who did long distance for 4 years (she living in argentina, he in italy) and now they're married with kids, so it's probably something quite personal
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit