0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Adrien Brody

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Adrien Brody

I would like to introduce into my evidence a gentleman subject named Adrien Brody.

He's often typed as INFj, or something else in the delta quadra, but I think socionics.us makes a good ESE case for him.

LINK TO OTHER PHOTOS:
    Socionics : Famous Ethical Sensing Extraverts (ESE)

Comments from socionics.us:
    Strong sense of style. Emotional and engaging. Charming and fun-oriented. Somewhat risk-prone; likes the fast life. Smile strongly resembles Jacques Cousteau.

Yes, many/most of the ESEs we commonly see, especially as examples for female ESEs, seem to have more heart-shaped faces with a nose that is more, shall I say, balanced (as opposed to long and thin like mine).

But let us expand our understanding of the ESE VI to include that Adrien Brody type of face: features stretched out and elongated, long nose, prominent cheek bones and chin, eyes that appear smaller in comparison to the set of the face. But still the basic "shadow" of the ESE is there; in other words, the ESE layout remains.

Here are some more photos of me, some I found from quite a while back.
    Please note the very typical ESE mouth, the prominent cheekbones, and the balance of the eyes. Yes, my nose is more elongated, but that might be because I'm Greek, or it could be because I'm Cherokee, or it could be due to any number of other genetic factors. And what would happen if one imagined me with less of an arch in the eyebrows (which I painstakingly pluck to shape)? I might JUST be that elusive Adrien Brody type of ESE. After all, as I said before, a friend I hadn't seen in many years did comment that he reminded her of me, out of the blue! Take a look at the nose, the teeth set, the smile! Compare our straight faces which look "sad" as well.

[pictures down]

The picture pattern above was an accident, but I like it, so I'm keeping it.

Anyway, how I wish I could talk to you all in person (well, some of you) and show you my natural expressions to their fullest so you would finally believe me and understand I'm ESE. Maybe another video will do it, maybe not. I sure found it hard to let go in a video, but maybe this time I'll have learned my lesson. What will it take to convince you?!! WHAT?!
    Last edited by silke; 11-06-2014 at 09:35 AM. Reason: updated links
    SLI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "case" made by socionics.us is bullshit anyway. Shape of face, nose, cheek bones, etc, are also not VI relevant.

I think Brody is an obvious INFj, likely Fi subtype.

It's early in the morning where I am, so I don't feel like giving a drawn out, highly detailed rationale atm, but at a few points in the above video, + are evident. And if we're comparing males to females, I'd say Adrien Brody's eyes, mouth, and common expressions are much closer to Ritella, in most of his pics.

Observe Brody with actor Jeffery Wright in this video, identicals.

If you're looking for an identical to which you can relate, take a look at Si-ESFj actress Janel Moloney.

She is much more similar to you than Adrien Brody IMO.
    Last edited by Binky; 06-16-2009 at 01:15 PM.
    -
    It's Binky bitch.
    See not the unsmiling lips and icy eyes,
    And hear not the silence after.
    Look instead as the mime hypnotizes
    And listen to the laughter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaliaFee View Post
    Just because they're hard to pinpoint, there is something to those "shapes" and the layout as well. They are VI relevant. You can deny it but it's still true.
    No. The length of one's nose or the cut of their jawline is not VI relevant. Please get that through your thick skull. Eyes, mouth, and common expressions are what you need to be looking for.

I'm extremely visual and I do not, except barely, see the above resemblance you're talking about.
    INFjs

ESFjs

Very interesting but I disagree. I really do think he's ESE, based on the way I relate to his expressions and do not think he gives INFj vibes. I grew up with one for a mom, had an INFj best friend until I was in my late teens, and now have a very good female INFj friend and a good male INFj friend. Sure, it's based on my experience alone, so take that only for what it's worth, but I don't think Brody acts like a typical INFj at all. ESEs often act appropriate to whomever they are with as well, so you see Brody calming and slowing for Wright's personality. It's an extrovert's sense that they do this. A bit of shape-shiftiness suited for social activity. In one case, Brody looks over at Wright and starts to answer for him, seeing Wright's hesitation, something I would do for an introvert as well. I really think you have to consider Adrien Brody as a whole, his life, his choices, his behaviors, how he's always/often caught cheery and smiling NOT for a posed photo (INFjs when caught outside of a posed photo are often caught pensive and reserved, imo).
    Sorry Malia, but you are far too new to this for me to be able to take seriously the typings of people whom you claim to know personally, especially if we're just taking your word for it to type others.

The social adaptability you described is well within the capabilities of INFjs. Introverts can read body language and take cues from them as well. If we are typing Brody on the basis of "introvert" and "extrovert" then observe the video below.

Do you really think that Brody possesses the energy level and expansiveness of most extroverts/EJ temperments? He also doesn't have that outwardly directed sense of psychological control as -EJs, Brody is focused inward. Also, notice pics of Brody with his SO here. Which do you think fill the roles of the "introvert/extrovert" in that dynamic?

I see that similarity a little bit, thanks.
    I find it bizzare that you see yourself in Brody moreso than Moloney. You seem like a good person Malia, you just need a little Binky to help show you the way!
    Last edited by Binky; 06-16-2009 at 07:00 PM.
    -
    It's Binky bitch.
    See not the unsmiling lips and icy eyes,
    And hear not the silence after.
    Look instead as the mime hypnotizes
    And listen to the laughter

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics.com is shitttt... Binky just super-wins.

Don't feel bad, though; you're new at VI n'such.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    INFjs

ESFjs
    These comparisons are great for anyone who's at least half blind.

Brody ESE ftw
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    I find it bizzare that you see yourself in Brody moreso than Moloney.
    I find it bizarre that you would find that bizzare. But perhaps I'm wrong and you know Malia better than she or her former best friend who's known her for over ten years does.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't even looked into Brody, tbh, but he seems INFj to me...

socionics.us is also shit.... bleh.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

INFj-Fi works

possiby 9w1, seems pos. outlook type

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII, dominant subtype

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

intp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He gives me LII-Ti or ILE-Ti vibes, but it's probably one of his other types. Probably EII-Fi, ILE-Ti, ILI-Ni, EIE-Ni.

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    adrien might be SEI
    looks ILI now

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olga tangeman has him as LSE. I have him as SLI

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems Beta NF

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

NF club most likely.

Doesn't ever seem to talk about himself much, which might be a sign of introversion. But seems quite confident performing in front of crowds - from a young age, he performed magic tricks.