View Poll Results: Audrey Hepburn's type?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

5 33.33%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

3 20.00%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

2 13.33%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 6.67%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

2 13.33%
  • EII (INFj)

2 13.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audrey Hepburn

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    yeah. totally.

I mean the words "you can't predict these things" can be pooled in with Si>Ni since Ni is supposedly largely about seeing ahead and forecasting and predicting the future. But generally my impression from watching her is that she is a forecaster and quite focused on seeing ahead and navigating by what she sees ahead (which is what I think she's doing when she "follows her instincts"). It's just that she knows that you can't actually know (really know) what is going to happen in some cases (for instance, although she's aware of the trends of which kinds of movies/performances/whatever fall in and out of favor with the public, she was trying to point out that it's a kind of complex realm and you can't really predict from a performer's vantage point especially which films or whatever the public are going to love and rave about and which they'll kind of wave off... especially considering all the factors that go into making one... like if for some reason "the quality falls by the wayside." And so she's aware that your dream going into it may end up being very different from what actually happens). But anyway I see the fact that she seems to have this focus on what you can and can't predict, on what's going with the times, and so forth as evidence in itself of if it is all about one's predictive powers. Also I could easily see an IEI saying in an all-wise way "but you really can't predict these things" or "you'd be surprised at how some of these things turn out" to someone who seems to want to reduce the world to a more certain or simple picture. (Edit) It's not the sort of que será será attitude that I might more associate with ideas of what SEI is supposed to be.

Anyway maybe this fleshes out what I was trying to say better, but I think this will be my last attempt to do so. I still can't shake my nagging feeling of ESI, mainly because she reminds me of an ESI I know.
    Yes this is a great analysis. She's indeed IEI..an EII would not be so self seeking. Rather EII are more self sacrificing
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post

She seems IEI to me for the most part. (That said, I find the ESI suggestion interesting because that's the other type that has entered my mind watching interviews especially when she's older that could confuse me from thinking IEI.)

I don't think SEI is far-fetched or anything. Or maybe I do as I see Ni.

I find her way of talking interesting (it's spaced out and slow) and also her strategy of waiting out the war in ballet school (using the time to prepare herself so that when the war was over she would have the needed skills to move forward and so the time isn't wasted but used). I think she seems to use her Ni (or what I think is her Ni well) in the sense of "following her instincts" as she said in the interview Ryu posted... having a feel about when to wait, when to move and where etc. Her way of looking at changes in life seems Ni-ish, simply following her inner intuition about it while also saying that "you can't predict these things" because she probably sees them in a more complex organic way (I think often people who make more certain predictions all the time are sensors), and is comfortable with uncertainty.

She also has a sort of wise all-knowing air about her that I associate with IEIs.

Oh and in the interview Ryu posted she continued with her rather spacey way of talking trying to formulate her thoughts/memories/etc. into thorough responses that would precisely answer the question as much as she could, but the interviewer wasn't prepared to allow her to actually take the time needed to formulate her responses and kept cutting her off and trying to guess ahead at what she would say (which he seemed rather poor at doing). It's a pacing issue of the slower way that Ni types may generate thoughts/responses vs. his approach which does seem rather EJish to me (expecting an immediate yea or nay response without comprehending that some people actually need to think and formulate their ideas and can't just shoot off immediate answers).
    This
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The most obvious thing to me is that she is 9w1.

IEI > SEI

IEI E9 can look more like an SEI or even EII than a typical IEI.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many Si remarks ... particularly where she says that the most important thing in life is to "enjoy it" and "to be happy" which is Alpha quadra attitudes from what I've read of the articles on this site. She's quite likely a Si type and SEI seems like an authentic suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Anyone disagree with EII?

Audrey Hepburn quotes:

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

I'm an introvert... I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky. ... I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel.

I probably hold the distinction of being one movie star who, by all laws of logic, should never have made it. At each stage of my career, I lacked the experience.

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering - because you can't take it in all at once.

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles.

Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.

I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

I've been lucky. Opportunities don't often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.

When you have nobody you can make a cup of tea for, when nobody needs you, that's when I think life is over.

If I get married, I want to be very married.

There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.

I heard a definition once: Happiness is health and a short memory! I wish I'd invented it, because it is very true.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe she is LSE-Si they have a distinctive way of talking/expressing themselves.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was SEI-Si.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Hidden agenda ?

+positivist

+her spouse Mel Ferrer
    IEE

remember that she was an actress, so she posed in almost every picture You find
    Last edited by msl; 10-06-2019 at 01:22 AM.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta ST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look at the pictures where she doesnt have SEI smile

also i dont see IEIs dreamy look

and i dont think that she is Director

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    blank in the eyes
    yup
    but neutral blank, not creative

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*googles socionics SEI*
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Audrey Hepburn always seemed Delta Infantile to me, and since she was introverted, that points to EII.

She and SLI Cary Grant were good friends in real life, and you can clearly see the Caregiver-Infantile interaction they had in the movie Charade.

She acts soooo much like a little girl in that movie. She’s so cute. She even brings out the Caregiver in me.

She has this speech pattern that she shares with my EII secretary. It’s really hard to describe in print, but I’ll try.
    A sentence will begin as a reaction to something that someone else said. It starts out low and easy, then rises to a question. Always a question, because LSEs love to tell people what to do.

“……….Don’t forget to give me your hours for this month.”

Which doesn’t sound in print like a question, but from an EII, this substitutes for “You forgot about this, didn’t you? I’m here to gently remind you. You should pay attention to what I say, darn it!”
    ”You’re right. I should pay attention to what you say. I just forgot.”
    And so she brings the dumb brute to harness.

P.S.
    Hepburn and Grant had fantastic chemistry in the film Charade. At one point, Grant (as Adam) and Hepburn are in a boat sailing down the Seine at night, watching lovers on the shore, and Hepburn’s character Reggie wants to be kissed. Grant, who is an old man and knows it, is resisting her advances.

REGGIE: “You don’t look so bad in this light.”
    ADAM: “Why do you think I brought you here?”
    REGGIE: (indicating the lovers on the shore) “I thought maybe you wanted me to see the kind of work the competition was turning out.”
    ADAM: “Pretty good, huh? I taught them everything they do.”
    REGGIE: “Oh? They did that sort of thing way back in your day?”
    ADAM: “How do you think I got here?”
    She rises on tip-toes and kisses him gently; his only reaction is to look at her.
    REGGIE: “Aren’t you allowed to kiss back?”
    ADAM: “No. The doctor said it would be bad for my- thermostat.”
    She kisses him again. He responds a little better.
    ADAM: “When you come on, you really come on.”
    REGGIE: “Well, come on.”
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-10-2022 at 01:03 PM.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite frankly she reminds me a lot of myself. What she said circa 7:45 in the interview about her concerns for children and their development resonates a lot with me. Plus she admired Michelle Pfeiffer ! Her interaction with both the interviewer and the public is interesting, she displays a lot of Fe. It is my understanding that the ignoring function also called the observing function is high on information and low on energy meaning that it is very sensitive to what is going on in the environment regarding those informations but the person just doesn't produce it. For instance an EIIs pick up all the Fe in the air but they don't do Fe, the SEI do the same for Se, they observe it monitor it but they don't do it. When we go against our nature, there is a good chance that we are actually manifesting our ignoring function e.g. an Zen master SEI going full Hulk Smash !! Anyway, she was a beautiful human being whatever her type might have been.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I might say ESI. Anyway very Ij, balanced stable. Sincere communication style, IxFx. Gives rational ethics judgements. Describes her reactions in Fi way, memories in detail, very stiff and rigid.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 06-10-2022 at 07:01 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

https://youtu.be/jmvDhPOy7EQ?t=290

This is less tense situation. I might say SEI. OK. She has lots of stress.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-N

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been told by my mom, husband, sister, oldest daughter, and others I remind them of her.

I don’t really get it… but I do think she is XEI-N

Example, random message from my mommy RIP

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I’ve been told by my mom, husband, sister, oldest daughter, and others I remind them of her.

I don’t really get it… but I do think she is XEI-N

Example, random message from my mommy RIP

Yes, @Lore, they are right. This is exactly why I thought you were EII for such a long time.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Yes, @Lore, they are right. This is exactly why I thought you were EII for such a long time.
    it is interesting people are typing her the same types they have typed me, socionics and enneagram.

Prob something to it
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    it is interesting people are typing her the same types they have typed me, socionics and enneagram.

Prob something to it
    Your Dual and your Conflictor can look a lot alike. SLEs and LSEs, beware!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12