Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Please type me before I die from uncertainty

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The religious stuff might be interesting to examine further for sure.
    7w6 9w1 2w3 sx/? RLUAI(rl|U|ai)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry I must sleep. I want to reply in more detail but I'll be up all 'night'. I appreciate everyone's input, even if I'm more confused by the second lol.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schwiftyrickty View Post
    The one thing you missed was that the one thing almost everyone sees is Fe, so how can I be LII? I'm clearly creating plenty of my own. I regularly laugh at my own thoughts before they even formulate.

But ooh I do love the way you summarize things. What does that mean? Haha
    This is just my personal experience and opinion ... Alpha NTs and Beta STs will show some Fe qualities in their expression, in varying degrees. I don’t know what the theory would have to say about this.

Me summarizing things in this case may be an Fe gesture. Your thread is broken into a lot of disconnected pieces that beg to be assembled into something useful to you. I want to help end the mild distress you have over your self-typing if I can.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Crrating is not supposded to happen in super id block. LII's start go with a flow. ILE's need some "butt kicking" from external world or they get depressed (mobilizing).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@golden yeah I suggested LII too, though I guess I didn't exclude ILE bc OP insisted so much on Ne lol, and the video could be seen as ILE if I squint enough, but I did see some LII stuff. Not entirely sure wherever I said Fi PoLR, could just be Fi superego.

The one thing you missed was that the one thing almost everyone sees is Fe, so how can I be LII? I'm clearly creating plenty of my own. I regularly laugh at my own thoughts before they even formulate.

Fe seeking is what it means lol

And I see Fe for you but not refined strong Fe. Lol the bolded is so very Ti>Fe too (and maybe even LIIish).

Really? I would've thought that actually sounded a bit Ne seeking. Like I'm fixating on concrete details and I want someone to show me the big picture. Not that I think I'm Ne DS, but I thought that kinda seemed it.

Oh and there's no way I'm Si PoLR. Lets get that straight lol. I think I actively seek Si. Every trivial Si thing my SEI ex did, I actually thought was cute that she cared about it even though it means little in the scheme of things. She was always trying to have a garden or getting new plates or trying out a new lifestyle, or sport, or drinking a new liquor in every possible combination. Sometimes that stuff annoyed me because I knew it wasn't going to last and it would just wind up junk in the house, but I liked to get caught up in her enthusiasm.
    I don't think you are Si PoLR Bolded seems Fe dual seeking but seeking in general anyway.

And no, uh, the thing with golden also seems Fe not Ne seeking. Can you say more on what kind of big picture you meant though? The concrete details could be Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Crrating is not supposded to happen in super id block. LII's start go with a flow. ILE's need some "butt kicking" from external world or they get depressed (mobilizing).
    What is the mobilizing version like for you?

I think subconsciously simple emotionality does get created by Ti egos just fine.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I’m a nerd and I’m hooked now I scrolled back through to see how many ppl actually said Fe. On page 2, Sol did ... “Fe” was the entirety of his post. On page 3, Bertrand did. And today Reyne said Fe-valuing rather than Fe ego.

Given how long the thread is, that’s not a lot of feedback on Fe.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post

What is the mobilizing version like for you?

I think subconsciously simple emotionality does get created by Ti egos just fine.
    I tend to become depressed, nihilistic and drained from energy. Saying that everything functions unjust. When it is its worst jokes get weird dark perspectives that can be build further on. Which is something I get scared off if I say them aloud. It is actually quite easy to swing there.
    When it has been good it tends to look more positive.

So the emotionality is quite under my control even if I can add something into it from time to time. Things can easily get insufficient.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I tend to become depressed, nihilistic and drained from energy. Saying that everything functions unjust. When it is its worst jokes get weird dark perspectives that can be build further on. Which is something I get scared off if I say them aloud. It is actually quite easy to swing there.
    When it has been good it tends to look more positive.

So the emotionality is quite under my control even if I can add something into it from time to time. Things can easily get insufficient.
    And what's the Fe butt kicking like, can you say more?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just to experiernce interactions that are not so dull...
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Because I’m a nerd and I’m hooked now I scrolled back through to see how many ppl actually said Fe. On page 2, Sol did ... “Fe” was the entirety of his post. On page 3, Bertrand did. And today Reyne said Fe-valuing rather than Fe ego.

Given how long the thread is, that’s not a lot of feedback on Fe.
    Olimpia also said ESE. And Bertrand seems sure I'm SEI. But no one has been able to give any evidence that I'm sensing.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You right, I'm probably ethical. That stuff you said you like sounds lame to me, no offense lol. If something of mine broke I'd probably smash it and get a new one. Or I'd just live without it for a while. (Sometimes I find it fun to not have something I'm used to having such as a phone or internet or a car or water or electricity. It kinda shakes things up in my routine because I have to find ways around my usual habits. If I don't have a car I'll walk everywhere, no phone I am happy not to have to talk to anyone, no internet I'll start reading more and going to the library, no water I shower at the gym, etc.)

What would constitute a "truly logical hobby"? I play chess a bit and I like doing puzzles like sudoku and cryptograms and crosswords. That's about it.

I do admire people who work with cars because it's so useful and I find anything useful boring personally. I always wish I was a more practical person, so I can totally see the appeal of having an SLI around to do all the dirty work. Taking care of the house and the car and whatnot. I admire someone who changes their own oil etc., and wants to save money and do things for themselves because I personally pay someone to mow my own lawn lol. It's not even that big and there is no reason I can't do it myself. I just hate doing it and don't care what the grass looks like. I'm half tempted to kill it all. But I sometimes kind of fantasize about being this productive DIYer and getting up early and mowing my own lawn and keeping a tidy house and getting a job as an exterminator or a garbage man and working hard and making an honest, good living. But them I'm like naaaw. Fuck that. I have much better things to be doing. And why the fuck do I think I could be an exterminator? lol I used to have pet rats! And I'm scared of crawlspaces!

Pretty sure I'm IEE, just a really strong Ne subtype. The ITR make more sense. I'm clearly opposite Beta and I have no problem with Gamma SFs at all. I usually find them pleasant and a lot of my best friends are gamma SF.

Oh yeah and I did look at the model G stuff. Very interesting. They switched creative and demonstrative? I suppose that might actually make more sense for me in a way?
    O.o idk why but this is kind of disturbing for me

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Just to experiernce interactions that are not so dull...
    Hm and then that mobilizes you how?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hm and then that mobilizes you how?
    Yes. Shake up or whatever you want to call it. Just when I experience emotionally colored exchange... it just makes it better.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    O.o idk why but this is kind of disturbing for me
    ^Huge problems?

Makes me want to consider IEI for him. I'm much more frugal than wasteful [not in extremes but...] natural inclination is just to minimize expenses. This makes even me uneasy.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Huge problems?

Makes me want to consider IEI for him. I'm much more frugal than wasteful [not in extremes but...] natural inclination is just to minimize expenses. This makes even me uneasy.
    Do you see him with an Se lead for a dual?

Eaten. Alive.

He seems to need a caregiver type of dual.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Do you see him with an Se lead for a dual?

Eaten. Alive.

He seems to need a caregiver type of dual.
    Thougt just crossed my mind but not really. IEI Te is usually more into flashier things if it functions like this level. SEI's can be pretty weird with their money once they get emotional... One emptied her cash into my hands just to cover expenses while not having an idea how much it really was (mostly small coins).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thougt just crossed my mind but not really. IEI Te is usually more into flashier things if it functions like this level. SEI's can be pretty weird with their money once they get emotional... One emptied her cash into my hands just to cover expenses while not having an idea how much it really was (mostly small coins).
    Inspiring.

Next time I owe someone a hundred dollars I will hand them six or seven thousand rupees (whatever the exchange rate dictates) and see how they react.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look to me an introvert, INTp first comes to mind. A bit of ESE look without the glasses but I can see a bit of the lethargic/calm exterior which I think coincidental with the way Ip temperament is in general (calm outside, not so inside). ESEs as Ejs are more expressed and dynamic in their outside I think. I go with ILI.

Its quite common for ILIs to have thick eyebrows and to wear thick glasses like that / to be shy.

Plus the Ne (which is the function of possibilities / undecision / uncertainty) seems to go bad with you as you want it finalized quick. Possibly because we try not to dwell on things that are in our unconscious / vital blocks because our consciousness is so different, even contradictory to our unconscious selves (Ne in ILIs is in a vital block)?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    You look to me an introvert
    Not a terrible observation

Plus the Ne (which is the function of possibilities / undecision / uncertainty) seems to go bad with you as you want it finalized quick.
    No........... he doesn't

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You look to me an introvert, INTp first comes to mind. A bit of ESE look without the glasses but I can see a bit of the lethargic/calm exterior which I think coincidental with the way Ip temperament is in general (calm outside, not so inside). ESEs as Ejs are more expressed and dynamic in their outside I think. I go with ILI.

Its quite common for ILIs to have thick eyebrows and to wear thick glasses like that / to be shy.

Plus the Ne (which is the function of possibilities / undecision / uncertainty) seems to go bad with you as you want it finalized quick. Possibly because we try not to dwell on things that are in our unconscious / vital blocks because our consciousness is so different, even contradictory to our unconscious selves (Ne in ILIs is in a vital block)?
    Lol quite the contrary I've drawn this out forever. ILI it's an interesting suggestion but highly unlikely. I apparently Fe all over the place. But it's very on and off.

ESE is not a crazy suggestion, but I really don't think I'm rational and I have yet to be convinced I could be a sensor, though I'm still eagerly waiting for someone to give me a valid argument for that one since several people seem to want to type me as alpha sf just because I seem alpha. I personally think it's all a show. And I'm starting to remember how much ILEs get on my nerves IRL. Maybe just as bad as SLEs I'm thinking. LIIs are not so bad but I prefer introverts in general.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry, I started feeling overwhelmed once IEI was brought up. I was like Oh My God I'm more confused than when I started. I better quit while I'm ahead lol.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Myst trying to respond to everything without a computer... I finally broke my charger.

When I said I liked how @golden summarized my thoughts I basically meant that she seemed to understand why I was doing the things I was doing and explaining it in a way that I couldn't do because I was too close to see the big picture. Like how she said I noticed Aaron was being marginalized and I was trying to level the playing field or something like that. I guess that's exactly what I was doing but I didn't really realize it. So I was thinking almost like I like someone who understands my intentions and thought process kind of instinctually. Like a psychologist kinda.

But I can see how that could be Fe seeking too since I don't necessarily instictually understand WHY I feel the way I do (or if it's okay to) I usually either try to ignore emotions or justify them, which usually distracts me from actually feeling the feeling. Any feeling I have I have to figure out if the feeling makes sense or not basically. If I'm mad at someone for example I will try to suppress my anger and avoid acting until I've really tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and tried to look at the situation from every possible angle because maybe they had a point. Does this make sense? Lol

So maybe I'm actually seeking some one to interpret my emotions for me.

I am starting to think LII makes more sense than ILE in a way (I really don't think Fi is my polr), but I really feel I'm not a serious enough person, and again I highly doubt I'm rational, and my interests are not really NT.

But I really can see the case for me being Fe valuing and possibly DS. I always love a person who smiles. Lack of expression always comes off as rude and stuck up to me. I would think most people would feel that way though.
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 08-19-2018 at 10:23 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh but I do love a good brooding girl too. In a different kinda way. I find brooding sexier than upbeatness. But not more pleasant in general.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another thing I should mention is that as my acne clears up a bit I realize my Se is not necessarily as weak as I thought. I've just been in a weird place with no confidence. I'm starting to remember I am basically the most confident and forceful member of my core group of friends I've had since high school. To be fair, they're all kinda nerds and mostly introverts. (EII, ESI, SEE, LII, SEI, IEI) I'm by far the most competitive. In that group I'd say I had a lot of influence. But I've also been in plenty of groups where I just kinda went along with everyone else and I had very little power. That's the case more often than not. I think I want to have influence but I am really easily overpowered.

It could also be posturing though. I've noticed a lot of overcompensating in people with weak Se, particularly men. I find it kinda obnoxious in ILEs especially. And a bit pathetic. And a little scary in IEIs lol.
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 08-21-2018 at 04:44 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst trying to respond to everything without a computer... I finally broke my charger.

When I said I liked how @golden summarized my thoughts I basically meant that she seemed to understand why I was doing the things I was doing and explaining it in a way that I couldn't do because I was too close to see the big picture. Like how she said I noticed Aaron was being marginalized and I was trying to level the playing field or something like that. I guess that's exactly what I was doing but I didn't really realize it. So I was thinking almost like I like someone who understands my intentions and thought process kind of instinctually. Like a psychologist kinda.

But I can see how that could be Fe seeking too since I don't necessarily instictually understand WHY I feel the way I do (or if it's okay to) I usually either try to ignore emotions or justify them, which usually distracts me from actually feeling the feeling. Any feeling I have I have to figure out if the feeling makes sense or not basically. If I'm mad at someone for example I will try to suppress my anger and avoid acting until I've really tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and tried to look at the situation from every possible angle because maybe they had a point. Does this make sense? Lol

So maybe I'm actually seeking some one to interpret my emotions for me.

I am starting to think LII makes more sense than ILE in a way (I really don't think Fi is my polr), but I really feel I'm not a serious enough person, and again I highly doubt I'm rational, and my interests are not really NT.

But I really can see the case for me being Fe valuing and possibly DS. I always love a person who smiles. Lack of expression always comes off as rude and stuck up to me. I would think most people would feel that way though.
    If lack of expression comes off as rude to you, please change your self-typing to anything that doesn’t have Fe-polr as a dual.

P.S. Hi!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst:

No........... he doesn't
    Er, that was in the post's title?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If lack of expression comes off as rude to you, please change your self-typing to anything that doesn’t have Fe-polr as a dual.

P.S. Hi!

P.S. Hi!
    I can see your logic for sure, but at the same time there's this girl at work I'm kinda in love with that I'm pretty sure is SLI...She comes off as unemotional yet still polite. Like she is unemotional in a way that makes me want to provoke some sort of reaction in her. I'm always fucking with her. I'm not sure if she actually finds me pleasant at all or if she just finds me annoying though. I kinda wanna "pull pigtails" around her. TBF I guess it's possible she's like LII or ESI or something like that and not SLI at all. I don't know her that well. If she's not actually SLI that's a shame because she's the only female SLI I thought I knew.

I don't really think she's ESI because she doesn't seem to take things very personally. And I don't think she's LII because I sense no Ne in her at all, and she doesn't really respond to my attempts to get her riled up. She just smirks at me and snickers if I say/do something she actually finds amusing. She also rolls her eyes a lot. I find these things quite sexy.

Her lack of emotion doesn't bother me because I know her and I know she's a nice and caring person. With the people I'm talking about it's more customers because those are the people I see hundreds of every day so I make quick judgments. Someone who is really cheerful and smiling is going to make me feel better than someone who is totally flat and emotionless, even if they are technically polite. But is that really that strange? Don't most people (at least in America. I spent some time in the UK and they were always talking shit on Americans for being cheerful in a way that seemed fake) find cheerful people more pleasant? That's why I always try to be cheerful. To be pleasant.

So yeah, when I talk about rudeness and expressiveness, I'm mostly talking about superficial interactions. I think it's polite to fake positivity, at least with strangers. And to go through all the motions of politeness even if it's pointless. Saying thank you, you're welcome, please, holding doors, etc. Even like letting people go in front of you in lines at the store if they have less stuff than you. So manners are really important to me as well.
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 08-21-2018 at 03:58 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay so do you guys think it's possible for an IEE to be very unsentimental and (emotionally) pragmatic? I think I am emotional in a way (but my emotions are not particularly varied. I'm either frustrated or excited, that's about the extent of it. I can't remember being sad outside funerals and maybe a high school break up. I haven't even been sad about any of my adult breakups), like I show my emotions on my sleeve when I have them (people have commented that when I get angry/frustrated, the veins in my neck pop out and my voice gets higher and I get really loud and rant-y), I just don't have that many because my mind is usually elsewhere. I usually don't think about emotional topics. I am so caught up in my own world of ideas I don't have that much interest in feelings, but when I do feel I feel pretty strongly. Usually the feeling I feel the most strongly is INDIGNATION. Who does that describe? And when I do feel that way it is typically after a long period of repression.

Oh and hello, @golden

Are IEEs supposed to be emotional pretty much all the time? Where do they even get the energy?

Oh and if I'm not IEE, WHY DO I SO CONSISTENTLY TEST AS IEE? 95% of tests I've taken say I'm IEE. And I even get EII occasionally (I never even get ESE or SEI. Yet I'm still considering them). And I'm being honest when I say I would much rather be an ILE/LII. I am in no way biasing myself towards Delta when I take these tests. I badly want to be a thinker. It feels emasculating to be an ethical male, actually. In a way I like being a rarity, and I prefer to be around ethical males myself, but still. I'm not super secure in my masculinity and it just seems like one more point against me.
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 08-21-2018 at 04:18 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Myst:

Er, that was in the post's title?
    You right, you right. But I really only chose that title for attention.

So if anyone is interested, here is my list right now in some sort of order:

IEE (I really feel this is my type despite all this evidence that I am Alpha and I know I seem introverted to many, including myself most days.)
    SEI (I might accept this typing if someone could convince me I was a sensor. Actually I keep reconsidering this until I remember how much I don't want ILE to be my dual. I think SLI and LII are the only logical types I would accept as my dual)
    ESE (I don't think I'm rational, and I know lots of ESEs. They're way more emotional than I am)
    ILE (I'm too nice)
    LII (Possible, but I'd be a really weird example of one. I am primarily sanguine.)
    EII (Possible, but I know a few EIIs and I am much pushier, more competitive and more brash even though I'm not pushy or brash compared to most people. I'm definitely more free-spirited than the typical EII)

Longshots:
    IEI (makes sense based purely on dichotomies. I almost always test as INFp/P on dichotomy based tests, since I appear to be introverted. But no fucking way am I beta.)
    SEE (I originally typed as ESFP, and did so for like three years before discovering socionics.)
    EIE (A really long shot. But who knows? I actually wouldn't mind being one. But again, not beta.)

No fucking way:
    LIE
    LSE
    ILI
    ESI
    SLI
    SLE
    LSI

I think I'm the least like an ST type. So that makes sense I would be NF, right?

I'm

NF
    NT/SF (are about tied)
    ST

And romance styles, since some of you were kinda discussing it earlier, I think I am definitely:
    Child like (80% sure)
    then Caretaker (slightly more likely than aggressor)
    Aggressor (I wish I was.)
    Victim (not at all)
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 08-21-2018 at 04:48 PM.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@schwiftyrickty I'm reconsidering my initial typing of you as ILE...since you mentioned that want to see yourself as a thinker, and that changes the impression of your posts. But there's not a problem with that...I understand what it's like to feel ashamed of being a feeler (well it's not the same for me, true, since I'm not a man). I was shamed a lot growing up for being "feminine and too emotional".

If you are ethical, I'd definitely choose IEE for you over SEI. You seem extraverted and Ne-base.

But my opinion is, seriously, there is no shame in being an ethical male!! IEEs are a lot easier to like most of the time than ILEs (and I'm positive I'm ILEs dual, and I'm still saying that). IEEs are my favorite people to have in a group of friends. They bring a special atmosphere into the group of just fun and excitement and good will, and they keep everyone together and feeling welcome. Sometimes I seriously do wish I was an SLI woman so I could be IEE's dual xD Because IEEs are just so charming and engaging.

But then, I think about having Te-creative, and I go lol

Apparently Jung observed in some of his writings that the preference for feeling seemingly resided exclusively among women, and same with the preference for thinking with men. A while back I found a chart of Myers Briggs statistics. It showed that a few decades ago, the statistics in the USA showed roughly 80% of the women were feelers, and 80% of the men were thinkers. More recent statistics showed that about 60% of the women were feelers, and 60% of the men were thinkers. So for whatever reason, the gender gap between the two dichotomies seems to be decreasing. It's interesting to wonder why, especially if you believe that type is something inborn and not changeable.

Nowadays there's a lot of push back against the notion that men should be 'stoic', from women and men alike. One shouldn't feel like there's anything 'less than' about men who are feelers. The problem lies in the prejudices, not in the types. You're no less 'of a man' for being ethical, if you are ethical. You might just make a SLI girl very happy some day. Idk if that is encouraging, but I just hope it helps somehow...

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Xaiviay fighting for the rights of ethical males everywhere because our Se won't allow us to- Sweet.

Yeah, being an ethical male sometimes feels like you were born with a cow-branding mark on your ass and everyone can see it.
    Some people point and laugh, others will respect you for what you can actually bring to the world. Maybe you can't do a killer job fixing cars the way SLIs do, but you can engage, enthuse and inspire.

You/We are as valid as anyone else in the world.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    @Xaiviay fighting for the rights of ethical males everywhere because our Se won't allow us to- Sweet.

Yeah, being an ethical male sometimes feels like you were born with a cow-branding mark on your ass and everyone can see it.
    Some people point and laugh, others will respect you for what you can actually bring to the world. Maybe you can't do a killer job fixing cars the way SLIs do, but you can engage, enthuse and inspire.

You/We are as valid as anyone else in the world.
    I got your back @Feathers, don't worry (xD lol)

Yeah, seriously, I can imagine how unpleasant it would be to be an ethical man in society, most especially in a family and/or community that is rigid when it comes to traditional gender roles :/ For what it's worth, you have my sympathy.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

killer job fixing cars? I can do it as well... So, where is the brake fluid?

Have fun with ethics. You can do killer jobs in that field as well. https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Death_from_laughter
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

killer job fixing cars? I can do it as well... So, where is the brake fluid?

Have fun with ethics. You can do killer jobs in that field as well. https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Death_from_laughter
    Want to be my first audience member? Have a front seat please :>
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    @schwiftyrickty I'm reconsidering my initial typing of you as ILE...since you mentioned that want to see yourself as a thinker, and that changes the impression of your posts. But there's not a problem with that...I understand what it's like to feel ashamed of being a feeler (well it's not the same for me, true, since I'm not a man). I was shamed a lot growing up for being "feminine and too emotional".

If you are ethical, I'd definitely choose IEE for you over SEI. You seem extraverted and Ne-base.

But my opinion is, seriously, there is no shame in being an ethical male!! IEEs are a lot easier to like most of the time than ILEs (and I'm positive I'm ILEs dual, and I'm still saying that). IEEs are my favorite people to have in a group of friends. They bring a special atmosphere into the group of just fun and excitement and good will, and they keep everyone together and feeling welcome. Sometimes I seriously do wish I was an SLI woman so I could be IEE's dual xD Because IEEs are just so charming and engaging.

But then, I think about having Te-creative, and I go lol

Apparently Jung observed in some of his writings that the preference for feeling seemingly resided exclusively among women, and same with the preference for thinking with men. A while back I found a chart of Myers Briggs statistics. It showed that a few decades ago, the statistics in the USA showed roughly 80% of the women were feelers, and 80% of the men were thinkers. More recent statistics showed that about 60% of the women were feelers, and 60% of the men were thinkers. So for whatever reason, the gender gap between the two dichotomies seems to be decreasing. It's interesting to wonder why, especially if you believe that type is something inborn and not changeable.

Nowadays there's a lot of push back against the notion that men should be 'stoic', from women and men alike. One shouldn't feel like there's anything 'less than' about men who are feelers. The problem lies in the prejudices, not in the types. You're no less 'of a man' for being ethical, if you are ethical. You might just make a SLI girl very happy some day. Idk if that is encouraging, but I just hope it helps somehow...
    Oh thank you for the kind words. I wonder if logical females ever feel the same way. I can't imagine it's quite the same.

And I really am back at IEE I think, though it was fun to consider the alternatives for a while. Now that I'm feeling myself again I have no problem relating to IEE anymore. I think I was in a 6 month slump. I must admit, I tend to try and retype every time I'm depressed or going through some sort of life change. This only happens ever couple of years I'd say. It also makes me wonder if I'm really a 9 and not a 7 like I typed as for years. It's hard to see myself as a 7 when I don't care about anything or want to do anything. But now that I've recovered some of my confidence, I am once again full of enthusiasm for new prospects and exciting ideas. I'm still not too interested in leaving the house much unnecessarily, and I have had the same job almost three years now, plus I'm a serial monogamist and I think I'm a bit inward looking to be a 7. But Idk, now I'm thinking about that!

I agree that there is no shame in being an ethical male, at least for others lol. I love being around ethical males much more than logical ones, even more than SLIs (I kinda find male SLIs to be a little passive aggressive and critical. The women are probably like that too though but I haven't met enough of them ). I think most of my favorite male friends are SEE. But at least they have that Se to make up for being feelers so they just come across as sensitive but still tough. And I really don't value strength in others at all, but it's obviously kind of a sore spot for me. But yeah I think softness and sensitivity in men is much more appealing than the alternative. And I like logical women too, but I think it's because that assholishness of being weak in feeling is mitigated by female socialization. Plus I just like people who defy expectations. So yeah, in a way I am proud to be ethical. But I am also sad because I'll probably never find an SLI woman. D: Can someone make a typology based dating website? lol

I have read that as well. Perhaps people are just more comfortable being honest about their feelings nowadays.

Bring me all the SLI girls. I still definitely have a special place in my heart for SEIs though.

Thaaanks <3
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 09-08-2018 at 11:51 PM.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
    @schwiftyrickty

I am going to go with ILE or LII
    That was my 1st guess based on the thread Title alone... But only coz u sound like my fiance who I only hope is truly my dual like other duals I've had. I haven't read through the whole thread but based on what I have, all I know is you sound rather young ...
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 11-20-2018 at 01:10 AM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE
    S
    E

C

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ne subtype of ILE actually does sound a lot like me.
    & I agree.

Get some flippin' motivation. You're the same type as Tesla.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI .harmonizing subtype.

Harmonizing focus for ili is on ne and fe IMs.

You may entertain the idea of watching alass on you tube called,zinnia jones. Looks just like you.

Attached below the best fit face. From the socionix composite V.I. gallery.

20181120_100049.jpg

Edit: I rewatched the video. Hmmm you have ne/si eyes. Didnt see that the first time. Bad eye sight or bad quality or bad phone screen size, no matter. You are probably not ili. Sorry for that. Now back to drawing boards.

Sorry about that.

However jf my erroneous judgement is to be factorrd in, you would most likely be LII not ILE.
    To be so close is V.I. such is the case of quadi-identicals in my experience.
    Last edited by Hamada; 11-21-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast