Thread: Type Me Before Gulenko!

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellohellohello View Post
    I highly doubt the friend I was mentioning is my supervisor. We've been MUCH too close, almost since we met back 14-15 years ago, at times almost to the point of inseparability.

The things you mention are some of the reasons why I've never been able to figure out my type, as I think there are a lot of contradictions.

- I don't get stuck on people's problems. I enjoy helping people with their own problems versus focusing on myself. I don't think that's an R thing, in fact, despite my temperament, I think it's an E thing, maybe just a general Extroverted thing.
    - I hardly ever get anxiety, as I know 99% of the time what is coming and I take that time to best prepare for those events. I've never been considered as "short-sighted".

For reference, I've self-typed as either IEI/EIE, and sometimes ILI. I've never truly thought I was Gamma though. If I am then I am not a stereotypical Gamma. In fact, my two closest friends (one of which being who I talked about) are more than likely SLE and LSI, and they've always pestered me about not acting logically or having very little connection to reality.

I think I can easily put up a front, and that's what confuses others AND me about my typing.
    Is Duschia your friend right? It would be weird as you're trying out Gulenko

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Better find a nice ESI-Fi soon, because we don't age well*. After you become established at your job, you might be near your attractiveness peak. That's when you should sit down for negotiations.

My advice: Meet some EIIs, but don't marry them. They are the height of respectable femininity, but you can't fully help each other. I have an LIE buddy who is an investment counselor and he married a fantastic EII who teaches little children. It looks almost like heaven, but after five years, their marriage is in trouble.
    I've had an EII secretary for over ten years, and if I didn't know Socionics, I'd have married her and would have been having some problems by now.

ESIs tend to be more difficult to deal with because their Se makes them assertive, and an assertive female is not in step with social expectations, which results in them seeming slightly unstable or unbalanced. However, you won't find a better long term match.

Try to find a middle-kid ESI-Fi with an older brother. For you, that would be ideal.

*Plus, after age 30, all the women who are able to be in long term relationships are there, and what is left circulating is not pretty.
    Lol, well thank you for the advice. I definitely need someone who is assertive, because I'm not assertive myself. Probably the biggest complaint I've consistently gotten from ex's...

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    Is Duschia your friend right? It would be weird as you're trying out Gulenko
    Lol I don't know who that is. I'm pretty certain my friend has absolutely no idea about Socionics.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I don't know who that is. I'm pretty certain my friend has absolutely no idea about Socionics.
    No problem. Just remembered she typed one close friend as EII so I thought it was you.

For Gulenko, looking at the left is indicative of irrationality, to the right of rationality, upwards extraversion and downwards introversion. Although I have to say your general nonverbal gives the impression of a rational type.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol, well thank you for the advice. I definitely need someone who is assertive, because I'm not assertive myself. Probably the biggest complaint I've consistently gotten from ex's...
    I think your assertiveness will grow in the particular direction of thoughtfully considered persuasion. LIEs aren't good at forcing people to do things. We basically open doors and then people can either go through or not. So that lack of assertiveness is a feature, not a bug. We're not managers, but rather we're leaders. If we need to get things done, we can hire an SLI project manager or an ESI general manager. Someone with higher-dimensional Se than we have.

Nevertheless, we do become more assertive over time, and now my main concern is how to get things done without being an ass. Because that is not constructive.

Me then: https://imgur.com/9JImvOc

Me now: https://imgur.com/rfQiE4r

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No problem. Just remembered she typed one close friend as EII so I thought it was you.

For Gulenko, looking at the left is indicative of irrationality, to the right of rationality, upwards extraversion and downwards introversion. Although I have to say your general nonverbal gives the impression of a rational type.
    I think that a much better VI indication of introversion or extroversion is how long a person takes to respond in a conversation.

An introvert will do a deep dive into their heads to consider everything before responding. An extrovert will just respond off the top of their head, without a pause.
    You can usually see this easily.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

- I don't get stuck on people's problems. I enjoy helping people with their own problems versus focusing on myself. I don't think that's an R thing, in fact, despite my temperament, I think it's an E thing, maybe just a general Extroverted thing.
    - I hardly ever get anxiety, as I know 99% of the time what is coming and I take that time to best prepare for those events. I've never been considered as "short-sighted".
    I kind of beg to differ on first because relations are relations.

Number 2. I get it but it is very far from the devil may care attitude which comes with 4D Ne (the absence of anxiety because I'll figure out how to run the business even if half of my body is chopped off).

But we will see alternative would be rational Te type.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps ILI

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by two View Post
    You are the same type as Chance the Rapper 100% fr maybe even down to the subtype
    Look him up then watch your vid! omg
    I have been told that I look like the white Chance the Rapper lol..

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xSI>ILI.

Lots of things you said points towards introversion or rational type like perfectionism, patience, dilligence etc. Some other things like organized chaos in terms of messiness, tidiness, visual memory, adaptiveness etc can be seen in these three types, especially LSI. Not being good with details clashes with that and maybe with ILI, ESI also. Lots of you things mentioned was towards people, ethics in general, hence points towards ESI but may be a Fi role or HA. If you are ILI, I think you have a N type, but you mentioned you start projects more with more passion and got careless towards the end so more likely a contact type.

I cannot see a Te base, Te bases are active and when you compare yourself to your friend, you said he was the active one as a distinguisher. Secondly you find his fixing problems rather listening as a problem, surely every type may want that, but Te bases (and other T types) in general tend to do that and not find that problematic compared to other people when they do that.

I have seen the short sided, farsighted thing, I understand where you coming from, you may have another type but I dont see xSIs that way.

Curious about your result.

TIM
    SLE H
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE H

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rational logician

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotkiv View Post
    SEE H
    Well that would be interesting...

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    xSI>ILI.

Lots of things you said points towards introversion or rational type like perfectionism, patience, dilligence etc. Some other things like organized chaos in terms of messiness, tidiness, visual memory, adaptiveness etc can be seen in these three types, especially LSI. Not being good with details clashes with that and maybe with ILI, ESI also. Lots of you things mentioned was towards people, ethics in general, hence points towards ESI but may be a Fi role or HA. If you are ILI, I think you have a N type, but you mentioned you start projects more with more passion and got careless towards the end so more likely a contact type.

I cannot see a Te base, Te bases are active and when you compare yourself to your friend, you said he was the active one as a distinguisher. Secondly you find his fixing problems rather listening as a problem, surely every type may want that, but Te bases (and other T types) in general tend to do that and not find that problematic compared to other people when they do that.

I have seen the short sided, farsighted thing, I understand where you coming from, you may have another type but I dont see xSIs that way.

Curious about your result.
    As you can tell, this is why I've been having such a difficult time pinning myself down. There's a lot of seemingly conflicting factors, but I think it'll eventually all point to one type and make sense. I should be finding out Monday/Tuesday.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotkiv View Post
    SEE H
    That one is quite tempting too
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    That one is quite tempting too
    Y'all are ridiculous lmao

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OP have you considered SLI? Not to read too much into your expressions,, but I got a bit of Deltas' sentimental vibes~ hearing you relating your stories..

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched your whole videos, analyzed non-verbal cues, and applied the semantics method alongside temperament installation, and I have the absolute, definitive response; You're an IENSTFjp, one of the rarest personality types.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhdn View Post
    OP have you considered SLI? Not to read too much into your expressions,, but I got a bit of Deltas' sentimental vibes~ hearing you relating your stories..
    The only Delta type I've ever given any thought to would be EII but that's a long shot. I'm really not sentimental at all.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched your whole videos, analyzed non-verbal cues, and applied the semantics method alongside temperament installation, and I have the absolute, definitive response; You're an IENSTFjp, one of the rarest personality types.
    OMG you figured it out!!

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no logician is normally sentimental, and if they are, the introverted ones hide it more; Te types like LSE and SLI normally only open their hearts to people close to them, whom they trust emotionally - the Fe valuing logicians appreciate open display and playfulness of feeling, so they may be much more direct and open with expressing themselves, assuming they're feeling comfortable
    the sentimentality of a person, barring non-type traits, is a result of the strength and value of the ethics

did not perceive valued Ne in him, felt more Te, irrationality, intuition there and since he's obviously an introverted logician, I see ILI as likely (those tattoos are not so likely for an Alphian or Deltian, either)

@hellohellohello
    I recommend turning to the intertype relations to determine your type. Analyze your relations with people whose types you are confident in, and with whom you've had at least somewhat close relations - whom do you feel attracted to, more repulsed by? Who are boring, who are more interesting? etc. Through that it should become obvious what type you are - for example, if you systematically prefer being with emotionally satisfying people (whom you feel understand you on the emotional level) over people who are primarily reasonable and complex thinkers then it is unlikely that you are an ethicist; If you prefer people who are imaginative, rich in creativity and subtle over people who are grounded and more simple, then you're probably not an intuitive etc. etc.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    no logician is normally sentimental, and if they are, the introverted ones hide it more; Te types like LSE and SLI normally only open their hearts to people close to them, whom they trust emotionally - the Fe valuing logicians appreciate open display and playfulness of feeling, so they may be much more direct and open with expressing themselves, assuming they're feeling comfortable
    the sentimentality of a person, barring non-type traits, is a result of the strength and value of the ethics

did not perceive valued Ne in him, felt more Te, irrationality, intuition there and since he's obviously an introverted logician, I see ILI as likely (those tattoos are not so likely for an Alphian or Deltian, either)

@hellohellohello
    I recommend turning to the intertype relations to determine your type. Analyze your relations with people whose types you are confident in, and with whom you've had at least somewhat close relations - whom do you feel attracted to, more repulsed by? Who are boring, who are more interesting? etc. Through that it should become obvious what type you are - for example, if you systematically prefer being with emotionally satisfying people (whom you feel understand you on the emotional level) over people who are primarily reasonable and complex thinkers then it is unlikely that you are an ethicist; If you prefer people who are imaginative, rich in creativity and subtle over people who are grounded and more simple, then you're probably not an intuitive etc. etc.
    I tend to gravitate to people who are stable, grounded, and logical. I'm most definitely the "feeling" type in my close-knit group of friends. I have no problem with creativity and often need help with grounded day-to-day things, however, over time I have gotten 1000x better in that area of my life. One peculiar thing, even for maybe being a "feeling" type is that I cannot stand people who can't control their negative emotions. For the most part I get annoyed and don't feel like helping, and most of the time my response is "I don't understand why you're so negative when there is so much beauty in life that you can turn your attention to".

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to gravitate to people who are stable, grounded, and logical. I'm most definitely the "feeling" type in my close-knit group of friends. I have no problem with creativity and often need help with grounded day-to-day things, however, over time I have gotten 1000x better in that area of my life. One peculiar thing, even for maybe being a "feeling" type is that I cannot stand people who can't control their negative emotions. For the most part I get annoyed and don't feel like helping, and most of the time my response is "I don't understand why you're so negative when there is so much beauty in life that you can turn your attention to".
    Intuitives generally have more nuanced psychological insight than sensors, which may explain your intra-group position. I consider ethics unlikely for you - they are not so poker-faced and even as the logicians, and certainly not as ILI/SLI.
    Disliking people who cannot control their negative emotions - Fi valuing. Fe types like to revel in indignation and rage just as much as mirth if they find it meaningful; emotional comfort is the primary ethical aim of Fi valuers, emotional stimulation - of Fe valuers.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    Intuitives generally have more nuanced psychological insight than sensors, which may explain your intra-group position. I consider ethics unlikely for you - they are not so poker-faced and even as the logicians, and certainly not as ILI/SLI.
    Disliking people who cannot control their negative emotions - Fi valuing. Fe types like to revel in indignation and rage just as much as mirth if they find it meaningful; emotional comfort is the primary ethical aim of Fi valuers, emotional stimulation - of Fe valuers.
    He is just low in neuroticism. Refreshing actually. It is NTR.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most poker players are ethical types imo. Phil Ivey, Negreaunu, Patrik Antonius, Tom Dwan, Doyle Brunson are IEI. Ethical types often have a better control over their emotional expressions, which also includes not showing any.

https://youtu.be/UfZOcwpKoJ4

Look how antonius changes from 0:00-1:30 and then when both are all-in how emotional his expressions are.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    Ethical types often have a better control over their emotional expressions, which also includes not showing any
    in the same way logicians can freely choose to make illogical observations if they wish, but it is largely not what they prefer. ethicists rarely prefer to suppress their emotions and they have trouble with it, as it is dominating - only in certain circumstances will the Fe types play nonchalant, but even then it is very temporary
    that the ethicists should give the impression of poker-faced over the logicians is nonsense

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    He is just low in neuroticism. Refreshing actually. It is NTR.
    I've always been very low in neuroticism and score very high on openness to experience. Everything else is kind mid-range.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've always been very low in neuroticism and score very high on openness to experience. Everything else is kind mid-range.
    My own Big Five result: Adam's Big Five Test Results - 00 - Commander.jpg

I became much more extroverted with age. At age 31, I still looked kind of introverted, although I was verging on extroversion. https://imgur.com/a/ZWIkyhP

. I think that's a pretty common progression for LIEs.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-10-2022 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello @hellohellohello

What is the verdict?

*drumrolls*

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Hello @hellohellohello

What is the verdict?

*drumrolls*
    I think Rotkiv hit the nail...

The openness part. I also think that most of the time launcher meets so many personal complaints that it is nearly a criteria while suggestive has a lust over it. But we will SEE.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has an impersonal communication style. Not really sure why you think he's a feeler.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G still hasn't gotten back to me, I must be a tough one to pin down

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI-H!!!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Now that that’s done, you can start looking for a nice EIE girl.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installation (activity orientation)

Logic is more than ethics

The respondent is good at organizing and making sense of complex information. He
    thinks a lot, he obviously likes doing research and establishing causes. He approaches
    everything from a logical point of view - he tries to find patterns and draw valid
    conclusions.

Judging by his facial expressions, his smile is rather role-playing, it is consciously
    presented. Emotions rarely capture him to the extent that he loses self-control. He
    behaves stubbornly when he is sure he is right.

Yet Jacob characterizes himself as a sensitive person. Why, he is not an ethicist, is he?
    We will find the explanation in the realm of more subtle individual differences, which are
    reflected in subtype rather than type.

Sensing is more than intuition

Jacob maintains a physically active life, going to the gym and hiking. In the video
    shown, he is collected, and his gaze is clear and attentive, though thoughtful. Nature
    gives these abilities to people of the sensory type, not the intuitive type. He has mostly
    realistic dreams that reflect past events, without fantasies or hidden meanings.

In favor of the sensory type is also evidenced by his ability to watch his appearance, to
    look neat when he goes out of the house. Jacob is committed to cleanliness, comfort
    and convenient organization of his workspace is important to him in the house. He
    achieves coordinated head and body work. This means that he learns well from
    experience, his knowledge must be confirmed by practice.

The logic with the sensing gives the technical and managerial installation.

Temperament

Introversion is more than extraversion

Jacob gives the impression of not being a very sociable person who has difficulty
    gaining popularity. Indeed, his inner world of thoughts and perceptions is much richer
    than his external expansion. The energy of his psyche goes more to internal mental
    activity, such as thinking deeply about what he has read which is characteristic of
    introverts.

As compared to his close friend, he behaves very calmly and prefers to listen. It is
    difficult for outsiders to understand what feelings he is experiencing. Thanks to this,
    extroverts can speak freely to him. At the same time, they encourage introverts to be
    more active. This is a typical situation in communication between people of different
    vertness, as in the example of Jacob and his more extroverted friend.

Rationality is more than irrationality

The respondent's logic determines his sensing. Before bringing into fruition (sensorics)
    he will analyze and isolate the main thing (logic). This is how the psyche of rationals is
    organized. Irrationals act more spontaneously and according to the situation, rather than
    sequentially and step by step. Rationals are more effective if they prepare in advance
    for an important event, rather than improvising or simply hoping for luck.

Rationals also have more stable moods and, as a consequence, an even work capacity.
    Jacob says that his mood can be volatile, but it depends on objective reasons, such as
    physical fatigue or whether he likes his work or not. On its own it will hold at about the
    same level.

Rational introverted temperament is called balanced-stable. People with this
    temperament remember information by breaking it down into sequential parts or
    comparing new information with information already known in structure. They remember
    faces better than names, because their internal channel of information processing is
    visual, while the external channel of perception is auditory.

Subtype

What can we say about his subtype? - The most probable subtype in DCNH system is
    the fourth one, i.e. harmonizing (H). Why?

Because of his distantness - thoughtfulness, initial detachment, unwillingness to actively
    intervene in conflict situations, as well as initiality - only does well with the things he
    likes to do, there is no strict order in his personal belongings.

Distantness in combination with initiality gives the harmonizing subtype.

The conclusion

So, the type of respondent is a balanced-stable temperament in technical and
    managerial installation - LSI (Inspector) of harmonizing subtype.

Such a personality is characterized by reliability, conscientiousness, sensitivity, slow but
    sure progression, intellectual and manual abilities that are only well realized in a stable
    environment, stubbornness and perfectionism, but at the same time kindness toward
    others, and the desire to find a balance between the mind and the senses.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome !

thank you for sharing!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI-H!!!
    Makes sense to me, based on the video. Thanks for sharing.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi @hellohellohello. I still think you're ISTp (so I agree with Gulenko in terms of you being ISTx) though my (personal & current) DCNH typing for you is Creative subtype

Have you checked this one out:

https://socioniks.net/en/article/?id=337

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi @hellohellohello. I still think you're ISTp (so I agree with Gulenko in terms of you being ISTx) though my (personal & current) DCNH typing for you is Creative subtype

Have you checked this one out:

https://socioniks.net/en/article/?id=337
    I've never related to Delta values, and I know for a fact I'm not Fi/Te. I know Ti is my most dominant function.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast