Thread: Synflow and Contraflow?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Synflow and Contraflow?

If you’re familiar with these concepts, do you think they hold any weight and do you use them in typing yourself or others? Do the stackings associated with them sp/so, so/sx and sx/sp for syn and sp/sx, so/sp, and sx/so for contra align in your experience? I’m just curious for any discussion or insight on this topic.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Personally, I think there is some truth to these concepts, but I have a hard time distinguishing them in practice, probably because I have low dimension Fi and have a hard time assigning values to behaviors.

I can tell you, though, there is a world of difference between how Sx-first and Sx-last people “feel” to me.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're quite hard to apply irl. There are just too many confounding factors.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think they do align and they make sense. It'd only be useful iff you know your stackings and types really well or if you know the person really well and can distinguish the different elements of their type.

It's like a bit of the typing puzzle that can make the picture feel more complete but probably doesn't make sense until you've got all the other pieces in place first
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

I can tell you, though, there is a world of difference between how Sx-first and Sx-last people “feel” to me.
    Can you elaborate on this "feel" of difference between the two? I'm curious!