Thread: SLEs/ESTps ignoring and avoiding IEIs/INFps

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sssonyyy View Post
    I agree with @Kim, ime both SLE and LSI take my anger (directed at them) very seriously, esp bc there's a sort of unspoken understanding that I'm mostly laid back about everything, so when I am angry, it's serious. I feel an obligation not to take advantage of this too, at the risk of falling into the "crying wolf" game.

The exceptions are when it's very obviously play-fighting, at which point the physical contact overrides everything else. Or when the anger is directed toward a third-party, which is very amusing for them so I keep it up and up the dramatics to make them laugh.

Idk, ime a fight is a full-blown fight, which needs an emotional cleansing (tears) from one or both sides to be resolved. Everything else is just playing, and the emotional atmosphere is very light and jovial to reflect that. The whole pissing each other off and laughing about it sounds very Gamma to me...

i.e. last week my LSI bf was incoherently drunk before I even got home, at like 7:30 in the evening. He always does this when he's out with friends, and I don't say anything. I got way too pissed this time though, and I acted a bit like Winona in terms of my tone (this is too much! *arm flail*). He was very upset by this - remember that Beta ST is very much affected by our moods - he left me at the restaurant we were at. When I got home I saw that he had been crying (he never cries) and that made me also cry. Then we kissed and made up. Proper Beta-worthy drama.

JW is just wondering..

And are you dating ENTp or ESTp? I got a little confused..
    . That's great that you are like that . I respect that. I'm more emotional and I playfight alot and stir people up (nearly got into a fight in a bar last night because this girl just shoved me...my ESE friend was cheering me on, our two ST beta friends were just shocked and laughing. I guess sometimes I'm too aggressive! I try and curb it). I think people of the same type can still be really different. You experience anger and relationships like that while Starfall and I have a more similar experience (though even quite different as well based on her posts). Like yeah we are the same type; but we can still handle things totally differently and have different experiences; we are all unique (snowflakes lol). It's what keeps each person and relationship intriguing.

The issue with duality is that you don't stay mad, my friend text me, pissed me off, and today I'm making jokes at his expense about it haha. It's like loveable and defusing .

Oh sorry, my boyfriend is ENTp ^_^ - a guy I used to be into was an ESTp and my friend is an ESTp (I'm not into him).
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I certainly hope so. I'm bored as fuck over here

also the last "IEI" I spoke to doesn't yell at me at all, he just sorta hardheads his way his way through my fus roh dah. Its more surprising and bewildering than anything.

Wtf gangsta - what is your fus roh dah haha ? Haha, I'm just playing; there are a lot of lovely IEI's out there who wouldn't do this to you . But I personally hope you get a 'bad' one
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    Wtf gangsta - what is your fus roh dah haha ? Haha, I'm just playing; there are a lot of lovely IEI's out there who wouldn't do this to you . But I personally hope you get a 'bad' one
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 10-01-2013 at 04:33 PM.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Hahaha! ! That's amazing!
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    Oh sorry, my boyfriend is ENTp ^_^ - a guy I used to be into was an ESTp and my friend is an ESTp (I'm not into him).
    Damn, ILE? Good luck.....

J/K

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    When I first started hanging out with my bf (SLE 7) he used to say the worst things (e.g. Me: I can't see the board properly. Him: It's because your Asian eyes are too slanty to let light in. Me: Him: Omg you thought I was serious? You're so gullible! Is it because you don't understand English properly? etc.) A lot of SLEs are pretty much IRL trolls who want attention and notoriety however they can get it, and the easiest thing to do is piss people off. Now we just compete to say the worst possible thing and diss each other as severely as we can, which I'm sure some people who don't know us well interpret as emotional abuse One of the things he says he likes about me is that I fight back hard, and I think that's an important element of the SLE-IEI push-pull dynamic.
    Hahaha, I have an Asian EII friend that I have this sort of dynamic with. It's terrible, but she knows I'm not serious.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sssonyyy View Post
    Damn, ILE? Good luck.....

J/K
    Haha

in mbti/keirsey, forgot to caps lock the whole word
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha yes!

When I first started hanging out with my bf (SLE 7) he used to say the worst things (e.g. Me: I can't see the board properly. Him: It's because your Asian eyes are too slanty to let light in. Me: Him: Omg you thought I was serious? You're so gullible! Is it because you don't understand English properly? etc.) A lot of SLEs are pretty much IRL trolls who want attention and notoriety however they can get it, and the easiest thing to do is piss people off. Now we just compete to say the worst possible thing and diss each other as severely as we can, which I'm sure some people who don't know us well interpret as emotional abuse One of the things he says he likes about me is that I fight back hard, and I think that's an important element of the SLE-IEI push-pull dynamic.

What when AAAAHHHHHH we have to talk! FB message me everything!
    Haha !! Yes! SO true about the attention an notoriety! That is EXACTLY why my boyfriend does it . I've noticed playfighting in every beta couple I know. It's weird, with beta ST women we become like a team against everyone else, and it's this feeling of totally having each other's back; I feel they are always really protective (especially my dual <3). Whereas ST beta guys - it's just like a constant fight lol.

Haha, shit . Should have used cap locks! Same boyfriend - but i'll facebook message you anyway ! Haven't talked in ages!
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHA! I think it's just the whole aggressor victim thing. You need to leave them alone and make them feel like they've got control over everything. I've just had a brief relationship with a LSI. Didn't go well unfortunately.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    This doesn't sound like an SLE; SLE see, they like, they touch and they take...end of story.
    nope. that's actually a preconception I keep stumbling in. Sles are more complicated in their dating behavior. I guess more dazzling than LSI in their way after all. I've dated a few but never fallen for any of them. I was thinking the IEI was carved just for them lol. Because between me and IEI something has gone periodically wrong.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    nope. that's actually a preconception I keep stumbling in. Sles are more complicated in their dating behavior. I guess more dazzling than LSI in their way after all. I've dated a few but never fallen for any of them. I was thinking the IEI was carved just for them lol. Because between me and IEI something has gone periodically wrong.
    hum
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hum
    how many SLEs have you fucked ?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

how many SLEs have you fucked ?
    none

I've had many SLE men who've wanted to but I'm not about jumping into bed with people on a sensual whim
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

none

I've had many SLE men who've wanted to but I'm not about jumping into bed with people on a sensual whim
    I can see them being so straightforward if they have someone filed under "casual sex".

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep that sounds about right. Pretty much what I search for. If the girl doesn't fight back I am utterly not interested.

I've also realized I have a lot of playful aggressive energy that just kinda needs to be expended before I can be compassionate. So I kinda rile the person up and shout and tease, and if they fight back it shows me they aint taking it to heart and getting offended. After this happens I get soft. At least, there's a small window of compassion that opens up.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    You should talk to him, imho. Instead of tormenting yourself with guessing games about his motivations. Just see if you can talk to him and ask him what the deal is.

This stuff is common among Beta relationships. One party ignoring the other who might be seen as lower status. Maybe he found another girl he was interested in. Maybe he's not comfortable with his emotions, or trusting others, and felt he got too close to you too quickly. Could be a million reasons. But if you just ask him out-right why it seems he's ignoring you, you could at least have a conversation about it.

Either he'll be a jerk and stupid and you'll discover that you should find a guy more deserving of your attention, or you will have an emotional heart to heart that will end up in hot, steamy, sex, or at least a consolation prize makeout session.
    i've never known LSE s could be this reasonable.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see them being so straightforward if they have someone filed under "casual sex".
    Ever heard that song by Taio Cruz "Break your heart"

After hearing that I suspect he's SLE of some sort. But yeah, I know I don't want to hurt anyone, so I just tell them straight up how I feel about them. None of this make believe that its going to work out.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

i've never known LSE s could be this reasonable.
    He's LSI therefore, he's reasonable
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Whatever I'm filed under (category) I'm usually an exceptional judge of character except those one time that I wanted something wonderful to work, in which case I failed to judge the sanity of the individual. That's the last time. I've had wonderful relationships.
    -

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever I'm filed under (category) I'm usually an exceptional judge of character except those one time that I wanted something wonderful to work, in which case I failed to judge the sanity of the individual. That's the last time. I've had wonderful relationships.
    I've never put someone under that category in my life.

Usually I file EII's under the "gonna hate me for being myself" category.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i have a strong impression whatever is a "wonderful relationship" to a Delta dominant Fi doesn't coincide with Beta's views on the same matters.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post

Whatever type I am, you like it and you know it.
    Yes
    -

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    Yeah right, "weird"...
    Reminder- SLE do have Fi PoLR.
    From what I've seen, that translates into splitting (black and white thought) applied to relationships : she's either crazy about me , or she just wants to use me for her ego . Just as Ti polr comes with BS Fi rationalizations instead of clear-cut categories in objective matters.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=William;990837]Any type can be reasonable.

Eeew you're Delta NF.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    My SLE ex thought everybody liked him, even some of my friends who actually hated him . I think it was his overly cocky nature combined with retarded Fi.

"she smiled at me... she must want the d"
    I have seen Fi POLR in this form, too, but I think in very young SLEs. Dudes who haven't been screwed over emotionally or stuff. Often it looks like a difficulty in reading the status or quality of a relationship or interpreting it only through Se categories ("wants my money", "wants me to drool over her", "wants my dick" ...). Outside relationships I've seen fear of betrayal because of some less fortunate experiences ...looked like paranoia produced by poor Fi info. The same thing (fucked up) that happened in said relationship could happen in this one, too. My SLE father can get paranoid even about the most reliable people. I suppose for this reason.
    Last edited by Amber; 01-04-2014 at 11:11 PM.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... yes I do have black and white judgements of others. Friend/Foe/SOULMATELOVERSPIRITMATCH. That's about it. Not sure if that's Fi, I suppose it could be. My mom is jealous about how I treat the women I date relative to her. Like I shower them with affection and warmth, and she just gets a hug once a month. smh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12