Thread: Type one of my favorite cousins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type one of my favorite cousins

What type is my cousin, I'm gonna be spending a week with her soon:

She's very outgoing, and will start a conversation with anybody. She has almost zero shyness when it comes to social interactions.

She prefers intellectual conversation. She enjoys talking more with quiet people. She doesn't seem to get along very well with people with strong , her last husband had that and she was horribly unhappy. However, at times she can seem quite arrogant, thinking she's found the 'truth' in everything. She criticizes people a lot but NEVER to their face. She will support people genuinely and loves to display warm affections. She can inspire ANYBODY to feel good about themselves. If you are a quiet, withdrawn person she is the person you would probably naturally flock to for some reason. (more like she would seek you out and you'd have no choice.)

If you try to hide yourself in your room in a party, she would open the door and say something funny to instantly make you at ease. She would even climb in the bed and hug you. (no matter who you are, seriously she's that nice.)

She enjoys being the 'life of the party', but will gravitate more to the people not saying anything. But she tries to be equal to everybody and she'll spend time in every social 'clique.' She can be outwardly respectful to every group she's talking in, and people will accept her because she can be so gregarious and sweet. (and also very witty.)

For example since I'm quiet she will automatically come to me to get me to talk about things. I don't know if it's because she honestly likes my company or she just views introversion as a weakness that needs to be 'changed', but I usually don't mind it. She likes to touch people's butts and say wooo! like that. She'll do this to quiet people more. If somebody is too socially extroverted she'll leave them alone, almost as if she's intimidated by them. She seems to believe in 'opposites attract' perhaps. She's really drawn to quiet, thoughtful types I can't stress this enough. She thinks "jocks" and people that force themselves are stupid and not good enough for her.

She loves to make fun of everybody, but she is sensitive and politically correct to the people she's around. (I'm not like this which is why I sometimes rub people the wrong way and make a joke about blacks in front of black people) but she would NEVER do this. What she'll do is like make fun of homophobes when she's around gay people, and then when she's around homophobes she'll make fun of gays and laugh at the obnoxious, stereotypical things they say. She's a peacemaker more than a fighter, despite her very good (almost 'potent') social skills.

But her gossiping is NOT done out of malice. She's a very sensitive soul and wants everybody to be happy and peaceful, and that means she'll stick up for 'both sides' so to speak, and will say and do things to make all people at ease. She would make ****** or a Jew feel better before they died, basically. This kind of makes me not like her in a way because it seems really flaky. (even though I know it's not it's just perceived that way) But I still love her to death, faults and all. She basically molds herself to whatever that individual needs emotionally at the time.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll say maybe ENFp, which would make sense that you, an INFj, would get along with her well.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seems like someone I definitely love to hang out with.

Definitely sounds ENFp.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Err.. ENFp? I was thinking EXFj
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Err.. ENFp? I was thinking EXFj
    I'm leaning toward ESFj, illusionary relations.
    Not that sure though.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see ESFj too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE by a mile.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    ESE by a mile.
    That is what it sounded like to me as well.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type one of my favorite cousins

Quote Originally Posted by SLeo123083
    For example since I'm quiet she will automatically come to me to get me to talk about things. I don't know if it's because she honestly likes my company or she just views introversion as a weakness that needs to be 'changed', but I usually don't mind it. She likes to touch people's butts and say wooo! like that. She'll do this to quiet people more. If somebody is too socially extroverted she'll leave them alone, almost as if she's intimidated by them. She seems to believe in 'opposites attract' perhaps. She's really drawn to quiet, thoughtful types I can't stress this enough. She thinks "jocks" and people that force themselves are stupid and not good enough for her.
    One ESE I knew didn't see it as a weakness per se, she just saw it as someone who needed her, or who could use .
    She was also an avid matchmaker and tried to beautify everything, which is why she, being a very outgoing person, was attracted to people less so than herself. Balance, duality, beauty, etc.

If you have ever read the LII Strati profile, look at dual seeking to understand what she is doing better, and why, from a socionics perspective, 'it is that way'.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a moment I thought "If that is ENFp then I'm not even close to one". But yes ESE makes most sense. Feeler subtype perhaps.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    For a moment I thought "If that is ENFp then I'm not even close to one". But yes ESE makes most sense. Feeler subtype perhaps.
    Yea. And that description is sooooo Fe.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the dislike of anyone with kind of threw me off the Fe trail.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SLeo123083
    She basically molds herself to whatever that individual needs emotionally at the time.
    That's the ESFj statement.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!