Thread: Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails)

Threaded View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails)

quotes:

I have been wildly enthused about gaming since I was younger, and a career path I chose not to go down but did really consider was getting into programming and game design.

I wanted to escape Small Town U.S.A. To dismiss the boundaries, to explore. My life experience came from watching movies, TV, and reading books and magazines. When your culture comes from watching TV everyday, you're bombarded with images of things that seem cool, places that seem interesting, people who have jobs and careers and opportunities.

Books are better than movies because you design the set the way you want it to look.

In my life, I was always floating around the edge of the dark side and saying what if take it a little bit too far, and who says you have to stop there, and what's behind the next door. Maybe you gain a wisdom from examining those things. But after a while, you get too far down in the quicksand.

I've learned to recognize, a lot of it forced through the process of recovery, that I'm wired wrong in certain ways; the chemical balance of my brain is off in terms of depression a little bit.

I thought I'd reached the bottom a few times, but then I'd realize there was another 30 floors of despair below that.

For me, 'The Social Network' isn't about Facebook. It certainly isn't about how people use it. It's about a flawed character and his pursuit of that grand idea that defines him and validates his life and how far he'll go to get it, and the repercussions that come as a result of that - what he gives up in the process.

And when the day arrives I'll become the sky and I'll become the sea and the sea will come to kiss me for I am going home. Nothing can stop me now.

Complacency is my enemy.

In my nothing, you were everything, to me.

The dynamic of a relationship changes when one person gets sober.

Last edited by silke; 06-19-2017 at 03:34 PM. Reason: updated links