Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: type the PIRATE

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, so am I not the only person he goes "TAKNAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" to? I thought I was special

(I don't mean Taknamay specifically, I just mean my name)
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    Wait, so am I not the only person he goes "TAKNAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" to? I thought I was special

(I don't mean Taknamay specifically, I just mean my name)
    Pirate actually goes "SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    did I miss something? don't "um, no" me lol.

edit: ftr i didn't make this thread to champion any particular typing, neither beta nf or see are unfavorable in terms of what i type myself. i think that people lately have been taking see for granted since he self-types that way now and it would probably be more politic to leave the subject alone. it was an argument in favor of iei in chat that made me go "hmm" and decide to make this thread in hopes of hearing equally persuasive ideas in either direction. so there's no need to get all sassy or prove me "wrong."
    Oh I couldn't care less what type you think he is. The guy is a complete asshat and I will resent any attempt to rationalize his behavior as 'average'.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

okay, that explains the reaction then. though i wasn't "attempting to rationalize" it (which assumes i feel there's something to rationalize), i was just saying how i see it.

Creepy-pokeball

How can ya'll even theorize, lol. He doesnt show many cards whatsoever, and I dont really blame him

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forum is going downhill and all that.
    People always say this. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Biggest thing that I picked up on was how me and Pirate have similar vocal cadences and usages of pitch upon hearing the dude on mic. We sound lots similar, though he comes off more deliberate and composed. Next biggest thing I picked up on, thanks to Mune, was the dude's tendency to single people out specifically and address them often in a group environment, as opposed to piling stuff onto this communal heap in which all individuals disappear. I want to point the former to possible socionic closeness and the latter, given my experiences, towards Serious > Merry.

The minimum of distance we have between each other in ye olde multi-dimensional field of the socion should put us at different subtypes. He prods people more, I monologue more, point it to Contact vs Inert respectively. I can see him as an Identical to this Fi-SEE 6w7 sx first girl I know.

Also; thing is, with SEE, there's a fuckton of variance in there. Setting coordinates at Phil Anselmo, Craig Ferguson, and George Clooney will give you one bigass triangle, and that's just within a single subtype, not fully encompassing it either. Word-for-word type descriptions are almost, if not exclusively written by those who ain't got Se and FI in the Ego block; using those spittle-laden, fuzzy typographical xeroxes of xeroxes will only get you so far, look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Oh I couldn't care less what type you think he is. The guy is a complete asshat and I will resent any attempt to rationalize his behavior as 'average'.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The wildcard. Twelve monkeys on a pirate ship, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    No.
    Yes.
    Last edited by Absurd; 09-01-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Biggest thing that I picked up on was how me and Pirate have similar vocal cadences and usages of pitch upon hearing the dude on mic. We sound lots similar, though he comes off more deliberate and composed. Next biggest thing I picked up on, thanks to Mune, was the dude's tendency to single people out specifically and address them often in a group environment, as opposed to piling stuff onto this communal heap in which all individuals disappear. I want to point the former to possible socionic closeness and the latter, given my experiences, towards Serious > Merry.

The minimum of distance we have between each other in ye olde multi-dimensional field of the socion should put us at different subtypes. He prods people more, I monologue more, point it to Contact vs Inert respectively. I can see him as an Identical to this Fi-SEE 6w7 sx first girl I know.

Also; thing is, with SEE, there's a fuckton of variance in there. Setting coordinates at Phil Anselmo, Craig Ferguson, and George Clooney will give you one bigass triangle, and that's just within a single subtype, not fully encompassing it either. Word-for-word type descriptions are almost, if not exclusively written by those who ain't got Se and FI in the Ego block; using those spittle-laden, fuzzy typographical xeroxes of xeroxes will only get you so far, look elsewhere.

'Prodding' as your using it here is a very good example of something that is not a gamma quadra value and is a beta one.

EDIT: Alright, in truth thePirate isn't so bad, I just always confuse him with 'Park' and am too embarrassed to correct myself. It actually happens to me quite often conversationally when one of them comes up.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    'Prodding' as your using it here is a very good example of something that is not a gamma quadra value and is a beta one.

EDIT: Alright, in truth thePirate isn't so bad, I just always confuse him with 'Park' and am too embarrassed to correct myself. It actually happens to me quite often conversationally when one of them comes up.
    For someone who hopped three quadras whining and complaining about people who do not know socionics, he is the man. Accept him in Gamma pantheon, JWC3.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    For someone who hopped three quadras whining and complaining about people who do not know socionics, he is the man. Accept him in Gamma pantheon, JWC3.
    We better put him in the quadra he hasn't claimed yet.

He likes to have monopolies. Therefore we should let him monopolise all quadras.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Instant Ti polr to me...

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    not the most obvious Se type but i can sort of buy esfp vibe wise. no hard feelings.
    how can you see ESFp vibe wise? why would I not be the most obvious Se type?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    He responds well to Ti: grows hysterical but honest. IEI.
    how do I respond well to Te? you used to type me SEE, did anything else change that typing?

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate
    EIE would fit better in this one way, but overall if chosen between the two, IEI>EIE.
    oh? i heard one the other day that sparked my interest in making a thread.
    i'm curious why?
    i think you seem extroverted but it could just be your attention span lol. i don't see the gilly comparison though personally.
    Positivist>Negativist, Si PolR/Fi ignoring doesn't fit, irrational>rational
    Last edited by thePirate; 09-01-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    Positivist>Negativist, Si PolR/Fi ignoring doesn't fit, irrational>rational
    ^ Still consistent with IEI.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, Pi. We seem to be in the same predicament, being stuck between Semi-dual typings: You between IEI and SEE; me between IEE and SEI.
    I wonder why.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do I respond well to Te? you used to type me SEE, did anything else change that typing?
    I think you know pretty well what and when changed.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

err I meant *how do I respond well to Ti?*

but no, I have no idea, and I wonder what would make you think I did
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HEY I AM ASKING QUESTIONS SO I CAN PIVOT AROUND THE ANSWERS WITHOUT MAKING SELF DISCLOSURES, THAT'S HOW EXTROVERTED I IS AND BE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    HEY I AM ASKING QUESTIONS SO I CAN PIVOT AROUND THE ANSWERS WITHOUT MAKING SELF DISCLOSURES, THAT'S HOW EXTROVERTED I IS AND BE
    YEAH THAT TOTALLY PROVES I'M NOT EXTROVERTED, CONTEXT DOESNT MATTER LOLOLLOL

TRUTH IS TIMELESS BRUH

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YEAH THAT TOTALLY PROVES I'M NOT EXTROVERTED, CONTEXT DOESNT MATTER LOLOLLOL

TRUTH IS TIMELESS BRUH
    Instead of becoming upset, ButtParrot, alter your little game to make its silly goals and cheap tactics less transparent.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of becoming upset, ButtParrot, alter your little game to make its silly goals and cheap tactics less transparent.
    LOL, yeah I'm furious right now.

your statement is a load of shit, don't become pissy with me because I call you out on it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, yeah I'm furious right now.

your statement is a load of shit, don't become pissy with me because I call you out on it.
    In parrot-phrasing me yet again you've done nothing but strike a very affected pose. Fe much, betard? If you don't manage to phish enough info from people on their impressions of you to confidently adopt the role you think will fool them into accepting your false new self typing, give a holler and I'll point to where it actually lies (hint: a few inches past the end of your nose).

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In parrot-phrasing me yet again you've done nothing but strike a very affected pose. Fe much, betard? If you don't manage to phish enough info from people on their impressions of you to confidently adopt the role you think will fool them into accepting your false new self typing, give a holler and I'll point to where it actually lies (hint: a few inches past the end of your nose).
    more baseless conjecture

substantiate your claims or shut the fuck up

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Fe
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    IEI-Fe
    what's the case for Ni leading?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more baseless conjecture

substantiate your claims or shut the fuck up
    Ok, you aren't smart enough to understand where you're going wrong. I'll just sit back and watch a while longer since my involvement keeps pushing you closer and closer to total shitloss. Te-polr hit? Soz, bro.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, you aren't smart enough to understand where you're going wrong. I'll just sit back and watch a while longer since my involvement keeps pushing you closer and closer to total shitloss. Te-polr hit? Soz, bro.
    what Te? where have you provided any evidence for the things you have said about me?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what Te? where have you provided any evidence for the things you have said about me?
    Why not just make your case instead of expecting everyone else to do it for you?

Also:

[Today 06:20 PM] thePirate: I accuse you of being passive aggressive when you take indirect jabs at me in situations where you weren't addressed whatsoever
    [Today 06:21 PM] Phthalate: this isn't indirect
    [Today 06:21 PM] lungs: the word means to me like when somebody disses you in a way that doesn't look like its actually about you so you can't really respond without looking like you're overreacting
    [Today 06:22 PM] thePirate: because I called you out on being passive aggressive right now?
    [Today 06:23 PM] Phthalate: you keep using that word
    [Today 06:23 PM] Phthalate: and I don't think you know what it means
    [Today 06:23 PM] thePirate: thats more or less what it is kassie
    [Today 06:23 PM] Phthalate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive...ssive_behavior /edumacation
    [Today 06:24 PM] thePirate: yes pthalate, that correlates with my understanding of it
    [Today 06:24 PM] thePirate: and also with behavior you have shown towards me
    [Today 06:25 PM] Phthalate: That's awesome.
    [Today 06:33 PM] lungs: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...j04no1_500.gif
    [Today 06:38 PM] lungs: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...8hglo1_250.jpg
    [Today 06:45 PM] k0rpsy: repeating on the forum what I already said to your virtual face in tinychat is hardly indirect, especially when you're named explicitly.
    [Today 06:45 PM] k0rpsy: if you want P-A go see your buddy poli with his "some people" and "Ni-Se types" instead of naming the people he's whining about.
    [Today 06:45 PM] k0rpsy: and grow a pair of nuts, you sobbing pansy.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try making a compelling case for you being Se leading, without circularly referring back to Socionics concepts. Don't explain it, don't try to logically justify anything. Just describe.
    It's been nearly an hour. I hope you aren't holding your breath.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not just make your case instead of expecting everyone else to do it for you?
    Try making a compelling case for you being Se leading, without circularly referring back to Socionics concepts. Don't explain it, don't try to logically justify anything. Just describe.
    It's been nearly an hour. I hope you aren't holding your breath.
    I have my reasons for being SEE and for the most part that's good enough. My interest in Kassie's thread is to explore the reasoning others have against the ones I have constructed and seeing if there are any insights I may have missed and work with them - or alternatively, to build off said insights into a mutual understanding. I have no interest in constructing a case for other people's understanding, or for the forum at large to accept me as SEE. Approaching this thread that way is counterproductive to what I am after.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay dickhead, if your intention is merely to observe why are you arguing with people rather than considering their observations objectively?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Creepy-pokeball

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's the case for Ni leading?
    I don't know what "the case" is, lol, you sound like dj. But I think you remind me more of IEIs I know than SEEs I know.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like thePirate.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm kinda let down, i made this thread because there was some interesting conversation in chat and i thought some arguments of equal caliber could be made in a thread to be looked at all in one place but it seems like nobody wants to bother. forum is going downhill and all that. not that i really blame anyone.

"Get straight/Wait here while I try to find the exit sign/When will you stop asking strangers, no one wants what we want/Keep one eye on the door, keep one eye on the bag/Never expect to be sure/You're working for the police and the private, the pirates and the pilots/Fingerprinted waiting for the train/The doctor, the writer, the hairdresser/Felt up and fingerprinted waiting for the train . . . . There's a place that ends here I know/When they close the gates I'll cry/I'm so tired of never sleeping/The whole world wants what we're on/Didn't make this up I learned, I learned it from a friend/My friend is coming clean, she told me/Keep one eye on the door, keep one eye on the bed/Never expect to be sure who you're working for/You're working for the police and the private, the pirates and the pilots/Fingerprinted waiting for the train/The doctor, the writer, the garbage collector/Fingerprinted waiting for the train/Lord lord mother you're all losing love/Lord listen lover you're all missing mama . . . . Got to get out/Got to get to you, the [blind] orphanage is closing in an hour"

I don't know why so many people want to be Gamma SF. Must be some kind of group fantasy. Here is a list of 16 types in order from the one I'd most like to be (if I could be born again) to the one I least want to be (I've also specified, for most of them, the subtype I think I'd prefer if I had to be that type):

1. SLI (Si-ISTp)
    2. ESE
    3. ILE (Ti-ENTp)
    4. EII (Fi-INFj)
    5. IEE (Fi-ENFp)
    6. SLE
    7. LSE (Si-ESTj)
    8. LSI (Ti-ISTj)
    9. LIE (Te-ENTj)
    10. SEE (Se-ESFp)
    11. SEI (Si-ISFp)
    12. LII (Ti-INTj)
    13. ESI (Fi-ISFj)
    14. EIE (Ni-ENFj)
    15. ILI (Te-INTp)
    16. IEI

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think pirate is most likely IEE

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by agape View Post
    I don't know why so many people want to be Gamma SF.
    because I fucking am

Must be some kind of group fantasy.
    mmmmm ohh babyy

Here is a list of 16 types in order from the one I'd most like to be (if I could be born again) to the one I least want to be (I've also specified, for most of them, the subtype I think I'd prefer if I had to be that type):

1. SLI (Si-ISTp)
    2. ESE
    3. ILE (Ti-ENTp)
    4. EII (Fi-INFj)
    5. IEE (Fi-ENFp)
    6. SLE
    7. LSE (Si-ESTj)
    8. LSI (Ti-ISTj)
    9. LIE (Te-ENTj)
    10. SEE (Se-ESFp)
    11. SEI (Si-ISFp)
    12. LII (Ti-INTj)