Thread: LIIs/INTjs who are social and well-liked

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    You say you’re perceptive of deception, and while that can be a very good thing, I have seen a couple of LIIs take this to the point of seeing deception where there was none and destroying relations as a result.
    Conspiracy theories tend to be more of an Ip-thing and to a lesser extent Ej; however, wrong information will poison all types and LIIs are not immune. Unfortunately, LIIs often write people off, never giving them a second chance; I know I didn't give my unfaithful EIE partner one. Usually mature LIIs will try to confirm information but when they can't they'll normally choose courses with the least amount of risk and often wonder for the rest of their lives whether or not they had made the right decisions.....

a.k.a. I/O

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Conspiracy theories tend to be more of an Ip-thing and to a lesser extent Ej; however, wrong information will poison all types and LIIs are not immune. Unfortunately, LIIs often write people off, never giving them a second chance; I know I didn't give my unfaithful EIE partner one. Usually mature LIIs will try to confirm information but when they can't they'll normally choose courses with the least amount of risk and often wonder for the rest of their lives whether or not they had made the right decisions.....

a.k.a. I/O
    Well, I don’t mean conspiracy theories, and I don’t mean you specifically. Sorry if that was unclear. I have remarked in the past that some—not all—LIIs come across to me as very suspicious interpersonally. The two I mentioned have thought I and other people were doing things we weren’t. So I found it interesting that you mentioned “deception detection” as part of your way of interacting.

I was thinking maybe that could be on a continuum with these instances where people went too far and were plainly getting paranoid.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    .........LIIs come across to me as very suspicious interpersonally........
    We can often be oblivious and somewhat naive but suspicious is not an adjective that I'd apply although we do seem to focus a lot on consequence in our planning. I guess our reticence to start unless things seem perfect could be perceived as us being suspicious but this usually originates from insecurities about being personally successful. Most LIIs that I've known tended to lean toward the optimistic side - that is, once they actually started moving. Now, acquired baggage can bend one out of shape....

a.k.a. I/O