Thread: ESFp

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are a lot of disparaging and cursory suppositions about what it is to be SEE.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    there are a lot of disparaging and cursory suppositions about what it is to be SEE.

I don't think I am one functionally.

I do not think I have creative Fi, or 4D Fe.

I think my Te is pretty good, as is my Se (duh).

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead? Do you think Kevin Hart is SEE?

TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Dead? Do you think Kevin Hart is SEE?

I don't know. I haven't really looked into him Do you think that he might be?

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes SEEs can look very different. It can take me a while to type them sometimes.

TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Question S.E.E Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by BethanyR View Post
    Yes SEEs can look very different. It can take me a while to type them sometimes.
    I dunno, I don't get and buy that every single SEE wants happiness, wants to help people, be friendly and be positive. Gamma are negativist types, and pretty businesslike. I can be quite a skeptical person, and most certainly not a friendly one either. It takes people a while to warm up to me. I don't want to help everyone, unless they need it. Unless it makes sense to. I don't like this light interpretation of ethical types, nor SEE. As if it's the only state they can be. And also the almost robotical nature of logical types, being cold, and machine-like. Archetypes don't describe the whole situation, nor are they accurate but enough people seem to embody these archetypes as the reality that they're meant to help people understand. But archetypes aren't the whole, accurate story of reality. Neither are observations, though they tend to be more accurate than just archetypes. And because people don't see outside of the system, they miss the fact that the archetypes aren't the end all or be all of everything. It's a combination of IME, observations, archetypes and the raw data itself of how a person comes together.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    I dunno, I don't get and buy that every single SEE wants happiness, wants to help people, be friendly and be positive. Gamma are negativist types, and pretty businesslike. I can be quite a skeptical person, and most certainly not a friendly one either. It takes people a while to warm up to me. I don't want to help everyone, unless they need it. Unless it makes sense to. I don't like this light interpretation of ethical types, nor SEE. As if it's the only state they can be. And also the almost robotical nature of logical types, being cold, and machine-like. Archetypes don't describe the whole situation, nor are they accurate but enough people seem to embody these archetypes as the reality that they're meant to help people understand. But archetypes aren't the whole, accurate story of reality. Neither are observations, though they tend to be more accurate than just archetypes. And because people don't see outside of the system, they miss the fact that the archetypes aren't the end all or be all of everything. It's a combination of IME, observations, archetypes and the raw data itself of how a person comes together.
    Good stuff. I was trying to focus on the positives. I could say more negative things haha. But I don’t think it’s a healthy way for me to think about people. Also, I feel like SEEs already get a lot of criticism? Also, they are my semi dual so I like them

I have been reading about typology long enough that I feel a bit more confident sharing my opinions now. They may not be perfect descriptions but I hope they have value.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 02-12-2021 at 08:55 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BethanyR View Post
    Good stuff. I was trying to focus on the positives. I could say more negative things haha. But I don’t think it’s a healthy way for me to think about people. Also, I feel like SEEs already get a lot of criticism? Also, they are my semi dual so I like them

I have been reading about typology long enough that I feel a bit more confident sharing my opinions now. They may not be perfect descriptions but I hope they have value.
    I hate people focusing on positives, without being balanced. It really annoys me. Positive thinking is as harmful as being completely negative, imo. So does sugarcoating things. I find it hard to like people on Socionics forums, especially people who act like stereotypes and archetypes (not saying everyone does) but a lot of people are predispositioned to do that, and it gets annoying after a while.

I'm glad that you're getting more confident to sharing your opinions. I just share whatever I think, and you should too. Don't worry about other people.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate people focusing on positives, without being balanced. It really annoys me. Positive thinking is as harmful as being completely negative, imo. So does sugarcoating things. I find it hard to like people on Socionics forums, especially people who act like stereotypes and archetypes (not saying everyone does) but a lot of people are predispositioned to do that, and it gets annoying after a while.

I'm glad that you're getting more confident to sharing your opinions. I just share whatever I think, and you should too. Don't worry about other people.
    SEEs aren’t usually that open with me about their inner struggles. But more is coming to mind now. I have seen a lot of problems with addiction (perhaps underneath the drinking is depression/anxiety?) And older SEEs who seem to have trust issues regarding relationships.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 02-12-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE are characterized by positivism and extreme friendliness.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LIE are characterized by positivism and extreme friendliness.
    Yep. That's me.

I'm just a little bundle of sunshine.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Yep. That's me.

Gulenko: "LIE interacts with other people at close psychological distances. Democratic. Predisposed towards positive attitude and friendliness on his territory. Feels relaxed in an atmosphere of warm, sincere, soulful communication. One should settle disagreements with him in an informal atmosphere, first persuading him of good intentions. He is much in need of reliable, stable human relations. Due to his inability to immediately recognize falsity can allow himself to get drawn into poor company and questionable enterprises. Appreciates reliable, time-tested friends. Usually aware that he can be too insensitive and inattentive in relation to others and is wary of this trait in himself. Ruining his relations with someone searches for methods to make amends. To this end, gives gifts or shows a particular concern for his partner."

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Yep. That's me.

Aushra & Weisband: "Optimistic. He quickly reacts to everything that brings emotions, especially positive. He is as if preprogrammed for rising spirits of his dual (The Guardian) who always looks somewhat scared or angry. He permanently irradiates friendliness, positive emotions, and smiles. He tries to make his partner laugh, shakes and hassles her in all possible ways, until she finally reacts, either positively or negatively, otherwise he will not have information about his condition (of course, in this sentence HE and SHE pronouns may be used vice versa). He likes to relate and to discuss what he has read and heard. It is easy for him to start up a conversation with a person he has never been familiar with.

5. Love for life. He searches permanent and constant human relations. He does not understand very well feelings and attractions of other people; this is why he is careful in this field and is afraid of being funny. He much values human life"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gulenko: "LIE interacts with other people at close psychological distances. Democratic. Predisposed towards positive attitude and friendliness on his territory. Feels relaxed in an atmosphere of warm, sincere, soulful communication. One should settle disagreements with him in an informal atmosphere, first persuading him of good intentions. He is much in need of reliable, stable human relations. Due to his inability to immediately recognize falsity can allow himself to get drawn into poor company and questionable enterprises. Appreciates reliable, time-tested friends. Usually aware that he can be too insensitive and inattentive in relation to others and is wary of this trait in himself. Ruining his relations with someone searches for methods to make amends. To this end, gives gifts or shows a particular concern for his partner."
    Aushra & Weisband: "Optimistic. He quickly reacts to everything that brings emotions, especially positive. He is as if preprogrammed for rising spirits of his dual (The Guardian) who always looks somewhat scared or angry. He permanently irradiates friendliness, positive emotions, and smiles. He tries to make his partner laugh, shakes and hassles her in all possible ways, until she finally reacts, either positively or negatively, otherwise he will not have information about his condition (of course, in this sentence HE and SHE pronouns may be used vice versa). He likes to relate and to discuss what he has read and heard. It is easy for him to start up a conversation with a person he has never been familiar with.

5. Love for life. He searches permanent and constant human relations. He does not understand very well feelings and attractions of other people; this is why he is careful in this field and is afraid of being funny. He much values human life"
    Well, yeah. I do that, too.