you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    But why?
    He doesn't give off any of that energy of unshakeability that 8s always do. Same reason I could never buy Ashton as an 8. Gibson seems kind of nervous to me; volatile, sure, but more reactionary.
    Well 8s are in the reactive triad too. He kinda creeps me out with his presence though, like he just exudes energy in everything he does instinctively. I can't really imagine a 6 having that kind of energy; you see it as nervousness, but I interpret it as him just not knowing what to do with the energy he has and it just comes out when he doesn't expect it, something I've heard from other 8 testimonials before.

Regardless of being 8 or 6, I'd imagine him as a 7 wing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No way. He's SLE type...HE'S NOT MY DUAL. For example, my dual would NEVER SAY THE KINDS OF THINGS HE SAID TO HIS GIRLFRIEND (THAT'S A FACT!!! LOL). Have you heard some of the stuff he said about her?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-18-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    my dual would NEVER SAY THE KINDS OF THINGS HE SAID TO HIS GIRLFRIEND
    Hehehehehe wishful thinking
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    I think I'd go LSE for him too. Definitely delta and extroverted. Si subtype seems likely.
    No way. He's SLE type...HE'S NOT MY DUAL. For example, my dual would NEVER SAY THE KINDS OF THINGS HE SAID TO HIS GIRLFRIEND (THAT'S A FACT!!! LOL). Have you heard some of the stuff he said about her?
    Maritsa. Have you drastically changed your views of SLE men in recent months? A while back, you posted the following in a thread I began:

If you go to a restaurant with an SLE and the food is bad, they are gentlemen, they will pay for the food and just leave; my SLE friend says, "what's the point? they are not going to fix it" so why start an argument or complain?

Your duals are not loud, obnoxious, or unkind by any means whatsoever. If they were, then I wouldn't be attracted to them as I am; me, being a humanitarian, very soft hearted person, who cares about not hurting other people's emotions also love and admire this respective and mature trait in SLE, but ultimately, they don't have use for my Fi, instead preferring your humor.

SLE and I have a lot in common; we like the same shows on TV, the same movies and the same books, the same almost and just about everything except that I can't sleep or have sex unless the floors are clean and the forks are back in their spot or that I know what the meals are going to be for the family for the next week. . . .

This is certainly not an SLE behavior. They are very gentle. My SLE friend and I walk at same comfortable pace; he NEVER, EVER, EVER rushes before me and is always conscious and conscientious about where I am in proximity to him.

SLE are NOT AGGRESSIVE in a brutal manner; I have known LSE far more aggressive then SLE who have slapped my hand and pushed me ; my LSE friends are very soft and kind around women in public; they treat women with manners.
    Mel Gibson is a mentally deranged man, at any rate: insert the longed-for NTR emoticon here.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werlkjlakjeraoiaeswroiaer View Post

Maritsa. Have you drastically changed your views of SLE men in recent months? A while back, you posted the following in a thread I began:

If you go to a restaurant with an SLE and the food is bad, they are gentlemen, they will pay for the food and just leave; my SLE friend says, "what's the point? they are not going to fix it" so why start an argument or complain?

Your duals are not loud, obnoxious, or unkind by any means whatsoever. If they were, then I wouldn't be attracted to them as I am; me, being a humanitarian, very soft hearted person, who cares about not hurting other people's emotions also love and admire this respective and mature trait in SLE, but ultimately, they don't have use for my Fi, instead preferring your humor.

SLE and I have a lot in common; we like the same shows on TV, the same movies and the same books, the same almost and just about everything except that I can't sleep or have sex unless the floors are clean and the forks are back in their spot or that I know what the meals are going to be for the family for the next week. . . .

This is certainly not an SLE behavior. They are very gentle. My SLE friend and I walk at same comfortable pace; he NEVER, EVER, EVER rushes before me and is always conscious and conscientious about where I am in proximity to him.

SLE are NOT AGGRESSIVE in a brutal manner; I have known LSE far more aggressive then SLE who have slapped my hand and pushed me ; my LSE friends are very soft and kind around women in public; they treat women with manners.
    Mel Gibson is a mentally deranged man, at any rate: insert the longed-for NTR emoticon here.
    I think I have changed my concept of both types lately; starting with the thought, back then, that a NORMAL LSE didn't exist and that I would never find one who was kind. I do wonder though if Mel was drunk when he said those things to her. I honestly, rarely see an SLE who goes off like that; LSE will do so when they are not drunk, just out of pure anger.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, there are nice people of every type, and mean people of every type. You know that, right? Someone being mean doesn't make them not "your dual".
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well 8s are in the reactive triad too.
    Yeah but 8s have more control over their "boiling point" than the other two, at least in my experience.

He kinda creeps me out with his presence though, like he just exudes energy in everything he does instinctively. I can't really imagine a 6 having that kind of energy; you see it as nervousness, but I interpret it as him just not knowing what to do with the energy he has and it just comes out when he doesn't expect it, something I've heard from other 8 testimonials before.
    I see that as more likely a feature of EJ temperament than 8ness. I hardly have that feeling from LSI 8w9s, for example, but they still just take up so much space with their presence and have that aura of sturdiness; with Fi/Te types I feel it as a more kind of intractable stubbornness (I grew up with an LSE 8w7 mom, lol), whereas Fe/Ti types have a more crystalline solidity.

Regardless of being 8 or 6, I'd imagine him as a 7 wing.
    Probably cp6w7 sx/sp.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throwing out LIE for Gibson as well.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at pictures, he's reminding me of George Clooney a bit, only stiffer and more volatile.

Under cerulean skies...

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way. He's SLE type...
    I agree with you about that. I think he might be SLE. Doesn't seem LSE at all.

EDIT: yeah, he's so SLE (not just because he slaps his children, but the manners, everything)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but 8s have more control over their "boiling point" than the other two, at least in my experience.
    In my experience with an 8w9 dad, it can feel like he reaches his boiling point easily and I have to back down quickly in order to prevent something from going overboard.

I see that as more likely a feature of EJ temperament than 8ness. I hardly have that feeling from LSI 8w9s, for example, but they still just take up so much space with their presence and have that aura of sturdiness; with Fi/Te types I feel it as a more kind of intractable stubbornness (I grew up with an LSE 8w7 mom, lol), whereas Fe/Ti types have a more crystalline solidity.
    I'm sure him being EJ would play a big part of what I'm seeing in him, but it's more than just energy by itself: it's the nature of the energy that would have me thinking 8. He seems so grounded and sure of himself in a way I wouldn't expect out of a 6. The only (other) E6 ESTj, or any E6 EJ for that matter, that might come to mind for me is Daniel Radcliffe, and he seems a lot more overtly nervous compared to Gibson.

btw, what 8w9 ISTjs do you have in mind?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENTP

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    ENTP
    oh okay

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTP
    Ah now I understand.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    No way. He's SLE type...
    I agree with you about that. I think he might be SLE. Doesn't seem LSE at all.

EDIT: yeah, he's so SLE (not just because he slaps his children, but the manners, everything)
    What exactly about that video is "so SLE"?

To me he seems very LSE, mannerisms and all. And LSEs can be pretty strict disciplinarians per my understanding so what he's saying in the conversation is still consistent imo.

Also, LSE and SLE are quasis so they can appear similar.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTP
    oh okay
    Ah now I understand.
    lollll, i know seriously...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience with an 8w9 dad, it can feel like he reaches his boiling point easily and I have to back down quickly in order to prevent something from going overboard.
    That's just a tactic that 8s employ to get their way, letting their energy leak out steadily. They are pretty much always in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen
    I'm sure him being EJ would play a big part of what I'm seeing in him, but it's more than just energy by itself: it's the nature of the energy that would have me thinking 8. He seems so grounded and sure of himself in a way I wouldn't expect out of a 6. The only (other) E6 ESTj, or any E6 EJ for that matter, that might come to mind for me is Daniel Radcliffe, and he seems a lot more overtly nervous compared to Gibson.
    Well he is, what, 17?

Gibson, IMO, has a brand of dismissive arrogance that is characteristic of 6s when their beliefs are addressed. When he talks about hitting kids, he has this bright eyed look, like he's trying to be cool, making things seem like they should be obvious, while internally he is going into defensive mode. He doesn't seem truly confident to me at all. Christopher Hitchens, while more volatile (sx primary) and probably an introvert (ESI is my best guess), is another 6w7 (sx/sp probably) who has a similar method of addressing others' objections to his beliefs, although he is much more thorough and, umm, intelligent. Another example would be Bill Maher, 6w7 so/sx, probably ILE.

I would say Hitchens and Gibson probably have 8 in their trifixes, if you believe in such a thing. Maher is probably 9 for gut.

btw, what 8w9 ISTjs do you have in mind?
    My best friend from high school's father was LSI-Ti 8w9 sp/so, I spent a good amount of time around him for about 2 years. He and his EIE wife always loved me; their 2 kids were Alphas, LII (my friend) and ILE, and I think they actually would rather have had me as a son than either of them, especially the ILE He (LSI) had this very solid and steady but obviously volatile energy to him; you could tell he was always seething internally, you could see it in his eyes, but he let it out steadily most of the time, and when the pressure was really on, you fucking knew it.

Contrast to Mel Gibson, who could never scare me unless he was holding a real 8 foot broadsword.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contrast to Mel Gibson, who could never scare me unless he was holding a real 8 foot broadsword.
    He'd be easy to outmaneuver and vanquish if he were dumb enough to keep hanging onto an unwieldy weapon like an 8-foot section of steel.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    He'd be easy to outmaneuver and vanquish if he were dumb enough to keep hanging onto an unwieldy weapon like an 8-foot section of steel.

Yeah but it'd still be scary, he's a crazy fuck.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compare to Bruce Willis, a real LSE 8w7.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gibson, IMO, has a brand of dismissive arrogance that is characteristic of 6s when their beliefs are addressed. When he talks about hitting kids, he has this bright eyed look, like he's trying to be cool, making things seem like they should be obvious, while internally he is going into defensive mode.
    Hmm, interesting. I think I see what you're seeing, and this is something I find myself doing sometimes (although I imagine there are some common patterns for when people are defensive). I'll have to think about it. His kind of energy still reminds me of my dad though, but like a more intense version (sx vs sp).

Compare to Bruce Willis, a real LSE 8w7.
    I could agree with this.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe your dad isn't an 8? *shrug* I don't think I would ever mistake Gibson for an 8. My mother and one of my closest friends are both Te dominant 8w7s, and there is a kind of easy-going obstinacy with just the tiniest bit of itch underneath, almost undetectable, that I could never mistake for anything else.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe your dad isn't an 8? *shrug* I don't think I would ever mistake Gibson for an 8. My mother and one of my closest friends are both Te dominant 8w7s, and there is a kind of easy-going obstinacy with just the tiniest bit of itch underneath, almost undetectable, that I could never mistake for anything else.
    I really couldn't imagine what else my dad would be other than 8w9. Nothing else comes close really. He definitely has that sense of 'domain' that E8 sp firsts have, he likes to herd people around, very grounded, knows what he wants and doesn't second guess himself about it, etc etc.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bruce Willis is the logical Homer Simpson. He sux.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really couldn't imagine what else my dad would be other than 8w9. Nothing else comes close really. He definitely has that sense of 'domain' that E8 sp firsts have, he likes to herd people around, very grounded, knows what he wants and doesn't second guess himself about it, etc etc.
    Eh. An LSE is an LSE, I suppose.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously? Bruce Willis is the man.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    Ezra probably wants to type him SLE.
    lmao

how about a katana?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I'm just messin'.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see Mel as being an intuitive type at least.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh. An LSE is an LSE, I suppose.
    Dad's Si-ESFj, but yeah it's close enough

Yeah poli, learn to appreciate men.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    Ezra probably wants to type him SLE.
    lmao

how about a katana?
    Lol dick.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vodka
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-male

I'm unsure with Mel Gibson... he seems to be 6 in thinking and 8 in instinct... many cops have this pairing of thought and instinct, and Mel Gibson has played "cop" roles in lethal weapon so maybe their is something to this.

No idea on the heart triad maybe some e3 in there?

Socionics typing.... ST something or another?

Also I think people obsess too much over his anti-jewish rant and the phone calls... the guy is human, I get tired of celebrity worship in the first place. The guy made/directed/acted in some great movies and has plently of public appearances that were positive and charming. It's just a matter of time before the shit hits the fan for people. It's great to see celebrities get knocked down by the media every once in a while, especially when they start to get a case of inflated ego, but people should really get over these occasionally slip ups and not be surprised by them imo. It seems like people indulge on these sort of smear stories a little too much because they like to see people they feel are more successful than them mess up, it makes them feel better about their pathetic existence.

Also I agree with Maher being an ILE. For some reason I want to say 7w6 over 6w7, the guy is a satirist. I'd say 3w4 for the heart triad. No idea on instinct... toss up between 8 and 1... he's too outspoken for a 9.

Bruce Willis seems e8 and ST. Likely Delta ST... I favor ISTp personally.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was, however, more going on with Mel Gibson than vitriol against Jews. He funded and controlled every aspect of the Passion of Christ film and has poured millions of dollars into his own private Catholic church, and has professed himself to be a rather fundamentalist Catholic. Meanwhile, he was accused of and pleaded no contest to battering his wife.

He's a celeb, he's richer than most human beings, whatever ... but when someone is that hypocritical in the public eye, they get called out for it, that's all, imo.

Creepy-male

There was, however, more going on with Mel Gibson than vitriol against Jews. He funded and controlled every aspect of the Passion of Christ film and has poured millions of dollars into his own private Catholic church, and has professed himself to be a rather fundamentalist Catholic. Meanwhile, he was accused of and pleaded no contest to battering his wife.

He's a celeb, he's richer than most human beings, whatever ... but when someone is that hypocritical in the public eye, they get called out for it, that's all, imo.
    So your claiming hypocrisy on him for battering his wife and hate speech while being Catholic?

I don't get that... since when has the Catholic church ever lived up to its image of being a purely holy and pious institution? If anything realistically could be said about religion it would be that its an institution of desire for righteousness, rather than literally being an institution of righteousness. Same with any government/law etc...

Mel Gibson is a catholic so what... so were the priests that raped little boys.

I think the problem is people may have given the guy too much credit... ala celebrity worship. I don't remember Mel Gibson ever standing up and publicly announcing he was like Christ incarnate or something. So how is he a hypocrite? He seems like a celebrity that made some dumb decisions to me.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post

So your claiming hypocrisy on him for battering his wife and hate speech while being Catholic?

I don't get that... since when has the Catholic church ever lived up to its image of being a purely holy and pious institution? If anything realistically could be said about religion it would be that its an institution of desire for righteousness, rather than literally being an institution of righteousness. Same with any government/law etc...

I think the problem is people may have given the guy too much credit... ala celebrity worship. I don't remember Mel Gibson ever standing up and publicly announcing he was like Christ incarnate or something. So how is he a hypocrite? He seems like a celebrity that made some dumb decisions to me.
    Nah, not merely for being Catholic. He put himself forward as a Catholic of influence, which is a bit different imo. And the priests who raped little boys got a lot of press, right? I mean, it's just the kind of stuff that will rankle some people, when there's a big mismatch between your talk and your walk.

fwiw, I agree that we have a pop-cultural climate of "build 'em up to tear 'em down." Someone going from underdog to top o' the world to washed-up weirdo is a classic American storl

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, not just because he was Catholic, but because he put himself forward as a kind of leader or spokesman in his Catholicism. I mean, when someone doesn't walk their talk, it tends to draw a lot of negative notice.

fwiw, I agree we have a media culture of "build 'em up to tear 'em down." The storyline of underdog-->top o' the world-->washed-up weirdo has-been is soooo American pop culturish.

I haven't paid that much attention to Mel Gibson, he's just some dude who makes movies and I don't expect much. But sometimes film stars go beyond movie making and get involved publicly in stuff like religion and politics, and once they do that, things often go kinda haywire. I think it'd be preferable if we sort of collectively ignored entertainers getting mixed up in stuff outside their actual profession, but it doesn't seem to go that way.

Creepy-male

Nah, not just because he was Catholic, but because he put himself forward as a kind of leader or spokesman in his Catholicism. I mean, when someone doesn't walk their talk, it tends to draw a lot of negative notice.

fwiw, I agree we have a media culture of "build 'em up to tear 'em down." The storyline of underdog-->top o' the world-->washed-up weirdo has-been is soooo American pop culturish.

I haven't paid that much attention to Mel Gibson, he's just some dude who makes movies and I don't expect much. But sometimes film stars go beyond movie making and get involved publicly in stuff like religion and politics, and once they do that, things often go kinda haywire. I think it'd be preferable if we sort of collectively ignored entertainers getting mixed up in stuff outside their actual profession, but it doesn't seem to go that way.
    Yea basically that's what I'm saying, I don't understand why that happens. I honestly think part of it is because people allow celebrities to overstep their boundaries by over worshipping them. It would be a lot harder for joe normal to become some figurehead of the catholic church. Mel Gibson is able to because he is in the limelight.

I personally don't mind celebrity interviews and publicity, I just dislike it when people start to overworship them. Mel Gibson makes movies, he's not a priest, and doesn't have the time to study the word of god or something... so why does it make sense for him to have some special position in the church? Unless the church is using him for publicity and he is using the church for publicity or something? That's probably the root of the problem.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ah now I understand.
    maybe, you'd understand if typed correctly yourself

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast