0 Thread(s)

Are you spontaneous?

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This person is obviously new, please stop posting crap, like the stuff above, or else it'll be taken seriously.

The difference between SeFi and FiSe isn't a focus on extroversion/rationality, etc. What I encourage you to do is to find as many rescources describing the Information Elements (IEs) such as Se () and Fi (), and then find articles and descriptions on the functions, such as the leading and creative positions, and then see the types through these combinations. So types that have in the leading position are different from in the creative position because the two functions have different meanings within themselves. A very crude example would be IEs in the leading position are assumed to be observed while IEs in the creative position are actively used based in the leading IE's information. You will have to search through the forum for relevant conversations about this, but you can also look at the wiki as a starting point. It isn't complete and has its own flaws, but will start the foundation well enough for you to differentiate the types effectively. Here's a link to the wiki: Wikisocion

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look.to.the.sky, your way works if one is already very familiar with socionics. If I went by this in the beginning, I'd still be confused whether I'm myself or my reflection. Mirror confusion isn't easy to deal with - one of the more visible differences seems to be temperament, as they're about the opposite. Then there's the vulnerable function and one's conflictor and dual. I find super-ego and conflict are clear if you know some people of both types well.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    look.to.the.sky, your way works if one is already very familiar with socionics. If I went by this in the beginning, I'd still be confused whether I'm myself or my reflection. Mirror confusion isn't easy to deal with - one of the more visible differences seems to be temperament, as they're about the opposite. Then there's the vulnerable function and one's conflictor and dual. I find super-ego and conflict are clear if you know some people of both types well.
    That concerns me a bit... You shouldn't be confused with your mirror if you are learning and typing by IEs and functions. Because if you knew for sure you were leading, you should be more confused about being NiTe or NiFe, or maybe if you were more sure about the creative, SiTe. If you are unsure if you are your type or the mirror, then you're ohnly observing IEs and not function placements. Temperament and clubs are not essential to find out your type at all. Typing yourself by relations is also flawed in the beginning stages when you don't have a strong typing skill or database, because not only may your typings be wrong, there are so many other factors in relationships. If I typed myself by my relations, I would look to my best friend who is NeTi and the conflict I had with my Gamma parents and typed myself Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I had to sort through the crap when I was new. Why should I make it any easier for them?
    That's a pretty selfish way to look at being a part of a community. I'm sorry if you felt cheated in some way, I had to go through a similar process, but we should be more progressive-minded than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    The information I've provided in my post comes straight from a socionics site (socionics.org). It's as much crap as the wikisocion. Furthermore, not everyone is cut out to sift through a mountainload of information. The poster is asking for other member's perspectives, for this sort of exchange - whether it's a one liner, a concise summary/explanation, or simply provide a link.
    I stated in my post that the wiki isn't the best place, but socionics.org is just horrible. At lease we, as the community, can control what goes in the wiki. They did ask for any old thing, and I guess it's great people want to help, but the type of information I saw being shared didn't seem like it was put into context well enough to share with someone unfamiliar with credibility within the Socionics community.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    [I always enjoy seeing an IEE against an ILI, although I think that one of them is wrong in a specific current matter, I won't interfere ]
    Don't be passive-aggressive But, I'd say to voice your opinion elsewhere, since we should be genuinely helping out a new member instead of stirring shit up, don't you think?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    This person is obviously new, please stop posting crap, like the stuff above, or else it'll be taken seriously.
    I had to sort through the crap when I was new. Why should I make it any easier for them?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-cinq

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post

The difference between SeFi and FiSe isn't a focus on extroversion/rationality, etc. What I encourage you to do is to find as many rescources describing the Information Elements (IEs) such as Se () and Fi (), and then find articles and descriptions on the functions, such as the leading and creative positions, and then see the types through these combinations. So types that have in the leading position are different from in the creative position because the two functions have different meanings within themselves. A very crude example would be IEs in the leading position are assumed to be observed while IEs in the creative position are actively used based in the leading IE's information. You will have to search through the forum for relevant conversations about this, but you can also look at the wiki as a starting point. It isn't complete and has its own flaws, but will start the foundation well enough for you to differentiate the types effectively. Here's a link to the wiki: Wikisocion
    The information I've provided in my post comes straight from a socionics site (socionics.org). It's as much crap as the wikisocion. Furthermore, not everyone is cut out to sift through a mountainload of information. The poster is asking for other member's perspectives, for this sort of exchange - whether it's a one liner, a concise summary/explanation, or simply provide a link.

Creepy-Cyclops

Hmmm, sky, I think i've noticed you saying before that J/P doesn't exist, unfortunately for you if it's the case, it does.

I agree that some of the comments probably haven't been helpful, but if Aiss is being serious, this:

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Are you spontaneous?
    is a reasonable question to ask a beginner (maybe not even a beginner) to distinguish between J/P (mirrors in this case).

Edit: I had meant to put in whether or not one agrees with the 'inter-type' thing or not is fine, but I fail to see how he's not using Te as a leading function from reading his posts, perhaps I am incorrect and I am open to explanations/other interpretations, should anyone be bothered replying or etc.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 05-16-2010 at 12:12 PM.