Page 67 of 180 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,680 of 7173

Thread: Typology Random Thoughts

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    OK, my reply to this question is behind a spoiler. Read it last, because I think it will offend an Alpha.

Um, yes, I'd say that LIEs and LSEs and SLEs and some LSIs and almost no ILEs are carnivores who can sometimes take unfair advantage of others. Not that they all do, but I think they all can. Other types seem to either play very fair or mind their own business.

Personally, I try to protect the weak. I think I got this from growing up with an abusive mother and two younger sisters, but whatever. I have this basic urge to leave people better off than when I found them, and to step into trouble to correct it (my tritype is 368, the "Justice Fighter"*) when I see something that is not right.
    Now, having said that, I'm not an angel and I'm sure that most of my actions have long-term detrimental consequences, but I'm only worse than others in this respect because I do more stuff. And all actions have some detrimental consequences.

Yes, I work with a female SEI-Fe and she's an absolutely terrific, super-high quality person, and now that you mention it, she acts like she's on the verge of being taken advantage of. Like she's cautious about every single thing. We get along fine, and she's nice to me (and vice-versa), but now that you point it out, she sometimes says things that indicate that she's suspicious of other people's motives. It's as if she can't automatically expect good things from them, and isn't in a position to twist their arms to get them to play nice.

Personally, I don't jump in for the kill when I see a weakness. I, like ILEs, believe in the multiplicative effect of giving everyone what they want, and maintaining equality as much as possible.

I think there are Direct Carnivores, like SLEs and some LSEs who will use force of will to get their way, and then there are Contract Carnivores, like LIEs and LSIs, who will use contracts and legal structures to get their way.

*I've always done this. I was surprised when my tri-type test gave it a name.

I thought, when we were talking about "carnivores" and SEIs and ESIs being aware of being eaten, that we were talking about oral sex. Sorry about that.
    First, regarding your spoiler, I was not offended, rather I found it fuckin funny lol You do remind me of an ILE I knew who was very blunt with me at times that I also found humorous

I need to find these ILE‘s then or I was just hanging around the wrong ones or I was way way too suspicious tbh. But that’s another story to talk about another day. Cause it seems I may have an unpopular view on that. Other then that I do agree with you on everything else.

Dope tri-type. I really sense that vibe now after chit chatting on here a bit more and seeing some other posts. Honestly, I would actually hope to find that in my ILE partner in the future. I always found types 8‘s and 3‘s to calm me down and feel more protected under them and chill. The assertive and protective energy is relaxing and I find them easier to get emotionally close with. Plus I’m bias with type 6‘s lol

I really relate hardcore about what you said about your SEI-FE coworker because I feel that a lot. I want to expect that people can and will be nice but I really don’t know and I know I won’t be able to twist there arm either. With force I possibly could if I needed too but not with logic. When you are very FE, you get some interesting reactions that’s you do not expect and people seem to feel like they can intrude it seem. But I am also VERY type 6 so suspicions are a bit more pronounced.

I really do see ILE and LIE have that on common for maintains equality but, both come form judicious quadras and value that.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me question! I really appreciate it! It has given something me to think about and I always like your options on things are you often give me a different perspective.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking there seems to be something about Ip's and stuggling with inner vs outer harmony.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Fe is a joke.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I saw a Sci-Fi movie when I was a kid about a man who became preoccupied with his work and neglected his wife. He made a clone of himself to kill a dangerous creature, but the clone gradually started “remembering” his life and found himself at the man’s house, visiting his wife, “remembering” her and regaining more of himself. The man’s wife found the clone, whom she thought was her husband, to be like the man she originally married and begins to fall in love with him again. The man returns to his house, finds the clone, and they fight. One of them dies, but the viewer can’t tell which one lives.

I remember thinking that the wife deserved the better man, even though he was a clone, but then again, he was a clone. This movie made a deep impression on me at the time and has stayed with me all the years since.

Today, I looked up the actress who played the wife. She looks exactly like the ESI who is redecorating my house.

I sometimes wonder if there are echoes from future events, running backwards through time, to our past and present selves.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-28-2021 at 05:49 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My LSE sister called me today to tell me that her IEI husband is going in to have heart surgery. I can tell that she’s scared. For some reason, she thinks that I can predict the future.

I don’t think I can, but I told her that her husband has a way of navigating changes and coming out of them OK. Which is true.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I understand instinctual stackings very well. They seem to be about "vibes" people give off, and I'm not sure I grasp these "vibes."

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I don't think I understand instinctual stackings very well. They seem to be about "vibes" people give off, and I'm not sure I grasp these "vibes."
    It's a direction that comes from within, it can be more or less strong depending on the person.
    It's not always obvious which one is first, mostly if someone rejects it.
    I find it to be more of a personal thing that can cause problem or ease the course of a close relationship.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Which of these fits me better?

sx/sp: The Vampire, The Transformer, the Fire, The Phoenix, The Electricity, the Veins

OR

sx/so: The Pop Star, The Soft Diamond, The Sex Therapist, The Provocateur, The Peacock, The God, The Immortal, The Solipsistic Sex, The Tango

I'm definitely NOT this and I super clash with this type ((eww sounds like Delta Te humanitarians that creep me out with how 'Good' they are, right @inumbra ???)

so/sp: The Leader, The Human Resource, The Activist, The Megaphone, The Cultural Designer, The 'Somebody', The Priest, The Teacher, The Birthday, The Pillar, The Monument

Also this sounds like Grendel hehe:

sp/sx: The Cat, The Spider, The Grime, The Lightning in a Bottle, The Witch, The Haunted House

https://www.enneagrammer.com/instinct-stacking

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Exclamation ITR

After some exploring with ITR: Hanging around with Delta NFs is like a limp dick. I don't hate them or anything, they just don't anything for me. We have a severe disconnect between the way that we think, and the way that we process information. It might as well be polar opposites. We have nothing in common either. Delta ST are better, in terms of communication, and interests. Gammas are boring. Alpha, I don't care for, they're alright. Beta is the only quadra I share some common traits and likes with, or have an interest with. Or the ones that come close to my actual line of thinking.

Also @BandD, I wanna say sx/sp The Vampire because you can suck me anyday Okay that was kinda lame.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@BandD

Hmmm you are def Sp second IMO. Just trying to figure if you would be more sx blind then so. I might have to lean more Sx with the information you have right now as you have more Passion then a So Dom I think. More OPMPH. Not that So/sp has OOMPH but like it’s different. Sx is like water sign/fire sign energy while So is like air sign energy. Just trying to figure out what’s the natural inclination as even I find the instincts difficult

Which do you feel most connected to and why? Why are you sure of the ones you are not?

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@MissDuckie which one do I seem like? Do any of the instinct stand out more in your eyes?
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatgurl View Post
    @MissDuckie which one do I seem like? Do any of the instinct stand out more in your eyes?
    ahh yes. To me personally, you seem to have an Sx last on here. Especially when discussing anger in anyway. 9‘s typically lean on the so or sp direction and I can see it there. You don’t seem as protective over your stuff like I am about things so I would say more so/sp personally. I can be wrong as I only have interacted with you over the forum. But that is my interpretation.

im going to add this for type 9 here for instinct stacking as it may help: https://www.typologycentral.com/foru...-subtypes.html

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    ahh yes. To me personally, you seem to have an Sx last on here. Especially when discussing anger in anyway. 9‘s typically lean on the so or sp direction and I can see it there. You don’t seem as protective over your stuff like I am about things so I would say more so/sp personally. I can be wrong as I only have interacted with you over the forum. But that is my interpretation.

im going to add this for type 9 here for instinct stacking as it may help: https://www.typologycentral.com/foru...-subtypes.html
    I was actually thinking about that but some parts in that particular description I don't seem like me (the bolded stuff). And yea, like you said about the anger thing, it's the one type of intensity I avoid.

Social Nines feel the need for validation and for “fitting in” but they feel these indirectly. They move towards others in a way which can resemble Twos (not really sure about looking like a two), but they are motivated by a desire to initiate and maintain contact without provoking conflict. On the high side, the social/self-pres Nine generally knows a lot of people and gets along with most everyone. They are helpful people who generally have a great sense of humor. They get involved with the social environment. They might be the soccer coach, or if politically inclined, they might join and participate in a political party. When in leadership roles, they lead by consensus and charm. Their skill is in conflict management. With the sexual instinct last, they tend to avoid intensity, but they are actively involved with people.

Intimate relationships might be frustrating for the partner of this subtype of Nine because the Nine’s social engagements might make the partner feel as though the Nine is connected with everyone except them. Sometimes this subtype can use their social connections in a passive-aggressive way against the partner; they might withhold attention from the partner in lieu of spending time with friends.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually thinking about that but some parts in that particular description I don't seem like me (the bolded stuff). And yea, like you said about the anger thing, it's the one type of intensity I avoid.

Social Nines feel the need for validation and for “fitting in” but they feel these indirectly. They move towards others in a way which can resemble Twos (not really sure about looking like a two), but they are motivated by a desire to initiate and maintain contact without provoking conflict. On the high side, the social/self-pres Nine generally knows a lot of people and gets along with most everyone. They are helpful people who generally have a great sense of humor. They get involved with the social environment. They might be the soccer coach, or if politically inclined, they might join and participate in a political party. When in leadership roles, they lead by consensus and charm. Their skill is in conflict management. With the sexual instinct last, they tend to avoid intensity, but they are actively involved with people.

Intimate relationships might be frustrating for the partner of this subtype of Nine because the Nine’s social engagements might make the partner feel as though the Nine is connected with everyone except them. Sometimes this subtype can use their social connections in a passive-aggressive way against the partner; they might withhold attention from the partner in lieu of spending time with friends.
    It is really hard with instincts and I think it can be the hardest for nines (or instinct triad). You may not agree with all of it and relate to all of it, but I am hoping it can give you some insight and find the one that speaks to you the Most.

So you search for intensity in life? Be that of relationships, personal passion, or life living?
    do you search for community, systematic relations, overall framework of rules to adhere to, leadership to follow, people’s perceptions of you?
    Do you search for personal protection, having enough money, allies, soft dominance, keeping positive relations for keeping the peace and what not?

Theres usually one that dictates the forefront above all that you usually follow, the second one is kinda a helper that peaks through and the last one trips you up.

For me, it’s protection above all. Be that financial, bodily, or relations. I will not put those at risk. My Sp blind friend doesn’t even think about it and gets hit with it every so often. Like she collapsed in the middle of the street due to low blood sugar and not eating enough.
    Im pretty sure I am so-blind as I am really often unsure of how people see me and how I fit in the system sometimes or overestimate it. I beat to the sound of my own drum and find it anxiety inducing to adhere to a lot of community aspects at times unless for Fe purposes. I am much more skeptical of big groups and anything involved with power-play leadership roles. I thought I was So second cause I valued social harmony and want comfort in regards to that. It scares me more to not follow my passions or not adhere to what I truly need and feel for myself over a group. my passions and feelings in life are too important then that of my feels of fitting in with a group. Im hoping this little explanation can help you in a way and think about your motivations and how you see things.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hah i relate to the sp/sx one, the pissy 9. although like 9s in general i don't like to have a bunch of anger in close interpersonal relations, i get pissy interacting with ppl i don't know that well (which is just about all of them). i just got over being pissed at the bus driver for playing games about which door to enter and i have to get off because he's leaving so i can get back on 1 min later. i swear he did it just to be an asshole. but i didn't rebel too much bc i can't afford to be kicked off public transit lol. i just said "okay" in a voice of blatant disrespect when he's all "you have to get off." also i know they don't get paid well so in the end i have to accept life is harder for him than for me. not to mention how they had to drive all through the pandemic and struggle to have time to go to the bathroom. it's really a shit job, below the standards of human decency.

and i think he was an SLI (reminded me of my dad) so i tried to play IEE in um whatever way i imagine them to be haha.

naturally by now the 1 wing has kicked in and i'm feeling guilty.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is really hard with instincts and I think it can be the hardest for nines (or instinct triad). You may not agree with all of it and relate to all of it, but I am hoping it can give you some insight and find the one that speaks to you the Most.

So you search for intensity in life? Be that of relationships, personal passion, or life living?
    do you search for community, systematic relations, overall framework of rules to adhere to, leadership to follow, people’s perceptions of you?
    Do you search for personal protection, having enough money, allies, soft dominance, keeping positive relations for keeping the peace and what not?

Theres usually one that dictates the forefront above all that you usually follow, the second one is kinda a helper that peaks through and the last one trips you up.

For me, it’s protection above all. Be that financial, bodily, or relations. I will not put those at risk. My Sp blind friend doesn’t even think about it and gets hit with it every so often. Like she collapsed in the middle of the street due to low blood sugar and not eating enough.
    Im pretty sure I am so-blind as I am really often unsure of how people see me and how I fit in the system sometimes or overestimate it. I beat to the sound of my own drum and find it anxiety inducing to adhere to a lot of community aspects at times unless for Fe purposes. I am much more skeptical of big groups and anything involved with power-play leadership roles. I thought I was So second cause I valued social harmony and want comfort in regards to that. It scares me more to not follow my passions or not adhere to what I truly need and feel for myself over a group. my passions and feelings in life are too important then that of my feels of fitting in with a group. Im hoping this little explanation can help you in a way and think about your motivations and how you see things.
    Well I know I'm social dom so that's something. I'm pretty sure having severe social anxiety through all my teenage years made me question it.

I kinda laughed when you talked about your friend just because I remembered that almost happening to me last year. I'm pretty sure I was sick with either the flu or corona but never really took it seriously. I figured I'd be fine. Also happened to me at school and home a lot. I've had to start setting alarms to remind me to do things that help take care of myself.
    I sometimes think self preservation stuff is boring. And also I'm not good at it and wouldn't mind somebody else just doing all that for me. But then again, self preservation for 9s is described somewhat differently. It doesn't really seem to involve finances and things of the sort, it seems basically about relaxing and enjoy routines, and losing yourself in things that made you feel at ease.
    My passions really consist of doing art, writing stories and music. At one point I couldn't do all of those and did feel I had lost myself.

Also, how does relations and allies fall under the category of sp? I thought that would be more social

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate instincts.
    Not really, I just hate the one I fit best, it's the kind of thing I don't wanna know about myself.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I know I'm social dom so that's something. I'm pretty sure having severe social anxiety through all my teenage years made me question it.

I kinda laughed when you talked about your friend just because I remembered that almost happening to me last year. I'm pretty sure I was sick with either the flu or corona but never really took it seriously. I figured I'd be fine. Also happened to me at school and home a lot. I've had to start setting alarms to remind me to do things that help take care of myself.
    I sometimes think self preservation stuff is boring. And also I'm not good at it and wouldn't mind somebody else just doing all that for me. But then again, self preservation for 9s is described somewhat differently. It doesn't really seem to involve finances and things of the sort, it seems basically about relaxing and enjoy routines, and losing yourself in things that made you feel at ease.
    My passions really consist of doing art, writing stories and music. At one point I couldn't do all of those and did feel I had lost myself.

Also, how does relations and allies fall under the category of sp? I thought that would be more social
    In regards to Sp, this may only fall I to type 6 but it clicked more for me then Social dominant. Sp can appear nice and welcoming others to keep the peace in order to keep allies in oder to protect themselves and their possessions. They can appear similar but the reasoning behind it is different. Kinda blew my mind when I read because it always seems like Sp first is just brooding in a way when they can be rather friendly.
    Also, So can also deal with strong sense of adhering to ideology. Be that or rules or a religious ideology of some way. Social will react to protect both the group and uphold the ideology of such group. For example, I imagine social 1‘s to be very rule abiding and rule heavy.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Normally, I really like to drop people and things into loose categories. It turns the problems of working with them into a whole bunch of simple "Rule of Thumbs". I'm acutely aware that this fast and loose act of classification misses some essential points of the things being classified. For example, Astrophysics PhDs are not the first thing you think of when you think of ESIs, and yet, I know of at least four of them.

On the other hand, I'm presently working with a construction crew that consists of an LIE (me), an SLI, an ESE, an SLE, and an ESI, and we've managed to fall into standard, prejudiced categories, seemingly without effort.

I (LIE) find the money to pay this group and I set its overall direction and I'm not great at doing physical work. The SLI acts as a supervising foreman and works hard himself, the ESE makes aesthetic decisions and tends towards perfectionism in his slow, deliberate work, the ESI understands my feng shui or some shit and seems to be able to suggest overall design changes that turn out great but she doesn't plan ahead. Instead, she has to see it in front of her and so she tries and then tries again (every room in the house has been arranged and rearranged again, three times at least*). The SLE works best alone and can be pointed at a job that requires physical action and it will get done fast and well with zero need for supervision. He's a good supervisor, too, when he can choose his crew.

I look at a lot of Business books and none of them talk about matching the Sociotype of the person to the task to be done. I think there's a lot of potential there. I think that better job matching could improve lives and improve outcomes.

*EDIT*
    Also interesting to me is the way in which each person wants to be paid.
    The SLI wants a check at the end of the month.
    The ESI wants a check at the end of the week, and she photos it on the spot to deposit it.
    The SLE wants cash at the end of each day.
    The ESE is working in exchange for paying rent. No money involved at all, seems to be his preference.

* I can only justify the cost of this by the fact that I don't think I could get the quality of her results any other way. She really is dead-on Gamma. The ESE has more sophisticated taste, but it's not Gamma taste. But if we were designing industrial products on a short cycle, she (the ESI) could never be in this position. For one thing, most customers are not Gamma.
    Nor do I think she'd want to design products. I've talked to her about her role in this, and she sees it as helping ME get a more comfortable place and interceding when I'm being an asshole, not as designing the best house in the world.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-30-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have this EXE coworker at work and my god is he my favourite. I got somebody who will banter with me! He’s quick too and appreciate my Fe-expressions. Ugh, I get so happy if I work with him! Makes me realize how happy I really get in Fe-environments!
    Last edited by MissDucki; 07-30-2021 at 08:30 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Meh I can't sleep.

I have this theory that there's a lot of supervision parent-offspring relationships in nature as some evolutionary strategy for kids to help protect their parents when they are older. Mb some objective tribal society thing idk. I mean I know I'm a supervisor to my mom, and Adam Strange talks about his SLI son at times that supervises him. It might be putting too positive spin on things because yeah traditionally supervision relationships are supposed to be painful and negative- for the Supervisee anyway. But its like, goes back to my theory that Supervisors are like your Superman that saves your life even if you get pissed off at them and don't fully emotionally connect or something.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@BandD My mum is ESE too. Not sure how much I want to comment on it but it’s not the easiest. I think I might get on better with her if my life became a bit more normal and we had more to talk about lol. I picture us getting on ok in the future? We like watching movies together so that could be nice when she’s old. She’s quite fun to watch a movie with, we both like to talk a little bit throughout the film. She is supervisor to my dad too. I’ve met LIEs who felt motherly to me (a girl younger than me who seemed a bit EIE) and If I come across like that to my mum, that’s maybe not so bad lol.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My random thought:

Do you ever find that certain types or examples of certain types make you act really stupid or bring out an annoying side to you?

I think it happens to me sometimes with SEIs, ESIs, LSIs, ESEs and LSEs. EIE a little bit too.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    My random thought:

Do you ever find that certain types or examples of certain types make you act really stupid or bring out an annoying side to you?

I think it happens to me sometimes with SEIs, ESIs, LSIs, ESEs and LSEs. EIE a little bit too.
    Since discovering Socionics, I’ve been able to classify people into types fairly often, and what I found surprised me.

I have some childhood baggage (read, gut level reactions) to certain people, and I found that I was transferring these feelings to new people of the same type. This was very limiting, until I got to know the new people better and found that they were not actually like my examples.

I discovered that I DO actually interact with healthy examples of each type as predicted by Socionics information exchange models, but these purely theoretical standards can be modified by the particular individual.

Probably the types I have the most trouble with right now are:

SEI-Si, because I only met two of them and they both hated me.

LII. Even though I have a much-loved LII sister and a few great LII friends, I have to be very careful to communicate well with them. I’m very sympathetic towards their thinking process because it seems to prioritize the same things that I do but is complementary to my own way of thinking, and it’s easy to get lazy and make assumptions and then to fall into complete misunderstandings, because what I assumed is not necessarily true. The result can feel like a slap to the face, which just adds a bad data point.

ESIs. Yes, my Duals. My problems probably stem from my erroneous assumption that because we are both Gamma and are Duals, that we will want the same things. Wrong.
    Duals are very different from each other in how they approach the world. Those approaches are complementary, not sympathetic.
    If one or both of us is unhealthy, then that just makes connecting seem to be completely impossible.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is best to interact with people who truly like themselves, and who aren’t just trying to tell themselves a story.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    This forum website offers a good sneak peek for the massive deception that is to come; people (like @Stray Cat) trying to impersonate different types, personalities, indirectly lying/insulting etc etc

Is this because "massive deception" is humanity's next stage and ultimate goal?

Dude, I think you might be a bit paranoid. Not everyone following you around with recording equipment is out to get you.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Stray Cat is a poor man's version of Kiana. An SLE caricature. Massive incongruencies everywhere

They try to Se (the delusional reframing thing they do over and over again) but energetically it comes off like cringy Si / Ne trying to be aggressive. Very one-dimensional Se

Learn to read between the lines.
    This forum website offers a good sneak peek for the massive deception that is to come; people (like @Stray Cat) trying to impersonate different types, personalities, indirectly lying/insulting etc etc

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this because "massive deception" is humanity's next stage and ultimate goal?

Dude, I think you might be a bit paranoid. Not everyone following you around with recording equipment is out to get you.
    Nah. She's just an Se cum whore

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's time to come out of the closet, @Eli

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MissDucki‘s Typology Observations at Work

Cause the only social interaction I get at work, I’m just going to discuss observations that I see.

The Gamma‘s don’t seem to like me at work lol or at the very least tolerate me. They are a bit welcoming but they don’t get my humor nor do we seem on the same wave length. That’s okay.

I think one of my managers is an LSI. She seems to have really warmed up to me and has started joking more with me. I thought she was possibly a Delta St at first but nah. She likes my Fe quirks it seems.

There’s two instances at work I have gotten to feel duality it seems and they were with two customers and it seems I kinda understand duality more.

One was today I had an a presumed ILE teen come into the fitting rooms with his mom to try on stuff. He knew what he wanted and was set on getting the best outfits possible. Poor mom though cause she was kinda stuck with him getting a little demanding. She seemed to be a Fi Dom. Anyways he would ask him mom and then he would ask me. It’s almost like he was using me for a filter when trying on clothes towards him desired image. He seemed to be fact checking with me. Is this too big? What do you think is better? He seemed really receptive to my feedback too. Like he was looking to see if he needed to see if theory was grounded in reality. His mom was lovely but she didn’t really seem to understand his directions or what he needed.

I had another ILE come in one night with I think was his EII wife. Both very sweet and similar situation but this was with pants. Both men actively sought out my opinion and seemed to respond well to my feedback and went from there and would go back and forth. They also focused very heavily in the sensory aspects of the clothes and it felt like they were trying to gage the reality which I help affirm. The EII wife was very sweet but again it seemed that she didn’t seem to understand what her husband wanted specifically. He seemed to pull back once he saw some negative emotional reaction /more confusion (neither were harsh, just overly focus on their ideal and we’re trying to directly get specifics to achieve it)

They both seemed stand up and it made me happy to get a little bit of dual interaction and it has stuck with me obviously. It seems the ILE has an Ideal that he can only see and uses the SEI to see if it can hold or it it has basis in reality and can go from there. They are both on the same wavelength in regards to that. Those interactions make me lookforward to a possible dual relationship cause both seemed nice and kind too.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII. Even though I have a much-loved LII sister and a few great LII friends, I have to be very careful to communicate well with them. I’m very sympathetic towards their thinking process because it seems to prioritize the same things that I do but is complementary to my own way of thinking, and it’s easy to get lazy and make assumptions and then to fall into complete misunderstandings, because what I assumed is not necessarily true. The result can feel like a slap to the face, which just adds a bad data point.
    Would you give some examples of this?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    It's a direction that comes from within, it can be more or less strong depending on the person.
    It's not always obvious which one is first, mostly if someone rejects it.
    I find it to be more of a personal thing that can cause problem or ease the course of a close relationship.
    Is the theory that people in relationships should have the same or similar instinctual stackings?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Gamma‘s don’t seem to like me at work lol or at the very least tolerate me. They are a bit welcoming but they don’t get my humor nor do we seem on the same wave length. That’s okay.
    On my previous work place, me and one SEI were the only alphas in our department. There were mainly betas, deltas and gammas. One day, a LIE started to work with us and after a month or so he told me: I don't trust SEI, her strategy seems to get along with everyone and you can never know who she really likes and dislikes.

It was a tough working place and SEI was just trying to cope with it, didn't have some kind a evil agenda, but her strong and unvalued Fi seemed to get under his skin.

Then due to other things, he quit.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    On my previous work place, me and one SEI were the only alphas in our department. There were mainly betas, deltas and gammas. One day, a LIE started to work with us and after a month or so he told me: I don't trust SEI, her strategy seems to get along with everyone and you can never know who she really likes and dislikes.

It was a tough working place and SEI was just trying to cope with it, didn't have some kind a evil agenda, but her strong and unvalued Fi seemed to get under his skin.

Then due to other things, he quit.
    @Adam Strange has talked a lot about SEI seeming to hate him instantly for no reason. I wonder if it's the same with him -- if he just interprets how SEI act toward him in the worst possible light?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange has talked a lot about SEI seeming to hate him instantly for no reason. I wonder if it's the same with him -- if he just interprets how SEI act toward him in the worst possible light?
    I have read what Adam wrote about his experience with SEIs. To me, it seems like Adam had a bad experience with SEI and he interpretted right. Then, due to that experience, he is too cautious because he thinks the same thing will happen again due to socionics.

I had very different experiences with same types so I think other typology systems and individualistic characteristics are important. Give SEIs a chance @Adam Strange

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have read what Adam wrote about his experience with SEIs. To me, it seems like Adam had a bad experience with SEI and he interpretted right. Then, due to that experience, he is too cautious because he thinks the same thing will happen again due to socionics.

I had very different experiences with same types so I think other typology systems and individualistic characteristics are important. Give SEIs a chance @Adam Strange
    Awe that makes me sad! Were not all bad @Adam Strange! I think you are funny and I look forward to your writing! Hell, I would buy a book if you wrote your typology interactions on it. I kinda look up to you in a typology/socionics way! I would actually like to friend you on here but I don't know if you would feel comfortable befriending your conflictor to be honest.
    Either way I hope you have better interactions with us!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Awe that makes me sad! Were not all bad @Adam Strange! I think you are funny and I look forward to your writing! Hell, I would buy a book if you wrote your typology interactions on it. I kinda look up to you in a typology/socionics way! I would actually like to friend you on here but I don't know if you would feel comfortable befriending your conflictor to be honest.
    Either way I hope you have better interactions with us!
    Thanks, @MissDucki. I have no problems friending anyone on here. Well, except for Bertrand. He's a jerk. But you're fine. I just sent you a "friend" request.

I don't actually see SEI-Fe's as Conflictors. Or if I do, the ones I know aren't hard to take. Quite the opposite, in fact. I just have to keep my distance to avoid wearing out my welcome.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The two SEIs who hated me on sight were both SEI-Si. I have no problems with SEI-Fe people. The two are quite different.
    I probably wouldn't have problems with most SEI-Si's either. It was probably just those two.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two SEIs who hated me on sight were both SEI-Si. I have no problems with SEI-Fe people. The two are quite different.
    I probably wouldn't have problems with most SEI-Si's either. It was probably just those two.
    I haven't met a SEI that hates people on sight and stick with that hatred. Ofcourse different people can experience different things.

I don't think I evoke that kind of feeling in SEEs, some might find me cold for sure though or mischievous. I have worked with SEE-Fis and SEE-Ses, we haven't become enemies. Actually, when I first start to work, one SEE believed in me (career wise) in a way that I don't. I have never been close with any SEE but I have even gone to a vacation with one and her close friends. I have learned some F stuff from them, but the way they use their Se is something I don't prefer to do, so their Se advise generally does nothing for me.

I think conflict types actually conflict much, they are belong to different worlds (SF, NF, NT, ST) and they want to control different domains.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the theory that people in relationships should have the same or similar instinctual stackings?
    Hm, it depends who you're asking. I remember people saying going for your blind as a lover's first to even things out and that similar is better for a smooth relationship.
    I think similarity is the most accepted one.
    Sx needs intensity a lot more than the two others, two Sx can burn themselves down tho if not dosed right. The two other would grow apart more than burn each other.
    Pick your poison, lol.