Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    The stackings do not exist in a vacuum; certain sociotypes are more likely to be certain instinctual stackings.

As far as I know, most Sp/So individuals are Si ego. If you don't value Si, a relationship with such a person could be problematic, depending on your exact Intertype relation.

However, on a purely instinctual level alone, Sp/So can be good for So/Sx. Yes, you may be missing some Sx moments that you could get with someone who is not Sx blindspot. However, the So instinct of the Sp/So can be quite positive and enriching for an So/Sx.

My father is my Conflictor (LSE-Si), but he is also Sp/So. We do have conflicts and awkward moments like it is typical for Conflict. However, once in a while we can connect on an instinctual basis: he has a very good take on politics and social dynamics, and I like to go for those things to him and let him explain or expand on those issues. I do quite value his take on those things. If he wasn't Sp/So, our relationship would be worse.

Whereas with Sp/Sx, I do have had more friends than Sp/So ones in the past and present; but that is because of a good intertype relation, for the most part. My somewhat longer friendships with Sp/Sx individuals have all been with LSIs. With all the other types, my friendship with them was rather short-lived, unless there was something else we could connect on (mainly them being a fellow Type 4, but even then it is problematic).

And I would never seriously date an Sp/Sx person, and I don't know any So/Sx person who would. Tbh, Sp/Sx to an So/Sx can be extremely weird or off-putting. They can be so removed from the "normal" social flow of things, and have such obscure interests and concerns, that it is just antithetical to what the So/Sx values. And vice versa, most Sp/Sx have some scorn for and look down on the typical So/Sx "social butterfly". Do you know of an Sp/Sx who genuinely likes Jimmy Fallon, for example? I don't.

My So/Sx mother has been married to my Sp/So dad for decades, and they are still together... Her only little issue with him is his Sx blindspot behavior at times of course, but no instinctual stacking is perfect, as this article shows. With an Sx/Sp, she probably would have an issue with his lack of social interests or concerns. With an Sx/So, she probably would have an issue with his ignorance of material security or other SP instinct related matters. No one is good at every instinct, so it is a matter of what you value more or less.

The regular person values their first instinct the most in general and does not require the second instinct to be met by someone, both in friendship and romantic relationships, as well as feels the most on the same wavelength with people of the same flow. Being of the same flow is like being in the same Quadra; there is an unspoken agreement regarding the general path in life. And that is why Sp/So is technically the most beneficial for So/Sx, it is the stacking that gives So/Sx the best kind of SO guidance and support.

Of course SX matters for relationships in general, and you could make the argument that both So/Sx and Sp/Sx value Sx enough that they would require someone to not be Sx blindspot. Or you simply value SX more on a personal basis. In that case, the most beneficial match for them would be Sx/So and Sx/Sp respectively (second most beneficial match in the ranking above). And indeed, those are the two most common matches for those stackings according to anecdotal evidence, besides an Identical stacking.

I have actually thought about the recommendations for So/Sx and Sp/Sx extensively and considered changing them before, for it is not as black and white with them as it seems to be the case with the other stackings. Sx first naturally NEEDS someone with Sx to be truly happy, and Sx blindspot naturally prefers someone to not be so needy of Sx. But with So/Sx and Sp/Sx, it is much less clear and much more of a grey zone matter.

I do have found that being of the same flow is rather crucial in family life. When you build a family, you fare much better if you are on the same general life path. For instance, I've found that So/Sx - Sx/So couples usually have a pretty chaotic life together that tends to be very unstable; this flow mismatch is obviously exacerbated by the fact they are both SP blindspot. Sx/Sp - Sp/Sx is naturally more stable in comparison, but there can also be odd disagreements regarding decision making for the children and so forth.

In that respect, I cannot say with full conviction that Sx/So would be the most beneficial for So/Sx; it simply does not work that way. If you are one to have casual relationships, then I could make that recommendation, but other than that I cannot without some second thoughts.

Perhaps the truly "most beneficial" match for So/Sx and Sp/Sx in a romantic relationship would be an Identical stacking (just like for the SX blindspot people), for they are of the same flow and both are not Sx blindspot. I do have to say, the best relationships out there are typically made of two So/Sx or two Sp/Sx people, for their take on SX is the best and they are on the same wavelength.

P.S: I'd like to add that for romantic relationships, SX is obviously the instinct that is ideally the best matched in both partners. However, for "home building" and having a family life, the SP instinct is ideally present (either as first or second instinct). So when it comes to romance alone, an SP blindspot match could be best for an So/Sx; but when it comes to having and building a stable family life, Sp/So or Sx/Sp would take the cake. Because of the fact that having the SP instinct and being of the same flow in family life can be quite important and is ideal, and So/Sx does not care about Sx as much as it cares about So being met adequately, I ended up assigning Sp/So to So/Sx as being the most beneficial.

P.P.S: I changed the recommendations for SX second a tiny bit and added more extra info as to why so.
    Well, this analysis is absolutely brilliant.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Well, this analysis is absolutely brilliant.
    Haha, thank you!
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"