Thread: Are you a leftist or a rightist?

Threaded View

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When I analyzed my various positions on policy issues, I discovered that I was a libertarian with some nationalistic sympathies. However I don't like to label myself as I am pretty pragmatic about politics; I'll support whatever benefits me personally (which may and has changed over time). I don't hew to any ideology for moral reasons as that would make me dogmatic and hence unable to get the best deal, compete and continue to advance in life.

That being said, there are a few issues which I have strong views on.

The trifecta of high immigration, expensive rents and foreign land ownership (all of which are directly related to each other) are screwing my generation royally right now. My desire to do something about them led me to get involved in politics as a lobbyist, support Trump and other politicians/parties closer to home who have similar views. I raised a reasonable amount of money down here and we have a new government now, so I will be interested to see what my efforts earlier in the year result in.

As you guys know, I also talk a lot about feminism and gender issues. This is mainly because I'm a young man who is single and trying to find love in an atmosphere full of anxious, distrustful and prudish women - women who've been insidiously taught by feminists that all (straight, white) men are potential rapists and oppressors. I also work in the entertainment industry, and feel depressed by how corrupt and hypocritical it is. Many artists send divisive, malicious messages to young people about the nature of sex and relationships, and what's worse, they abuse their celebrity status to pontificate and lecture their fans on how to live.

The personal should not become political. We all have a right to privacy, and shouldn't be shamed by the outrage brigade for being different.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 12-22-2017 at 09:26 PM.