Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    No, advice is not implied control if it's understood that the partner can still make her own decision regarding this issue without being badgered or bullied. I am also not being controlling when I point out that I find it dysfunctional when people try to control their partner's life in a way that takes away personal agency. You can disagree with me on whether or not that's dysfunctional, but your attempts at telling me that I am controlling when I am expressing my opinion is getting a bit tiresome.
    It might be dysfunctional for you, but you've no right to pass judgement on it being so for other people unless you are controlling yourself, in other words, let others do what they want. Who are you to judge?

Edit: judging others in psychology is often seen not about the other person but about the person doing the judging themself. Everyone judges, but considering it is about the person doing the judging themself, I cannot see how it is not about imposing YOUR set of values onto another, despite how tiring you might find it to confront this.
    Last edited by Words; 01-31-2015 at 02:50 PM.