Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Lady View Post
    Hmm, are you autistic? Genuinely asking, and the reason is that I don't want to be a dick about your inability to gauge what constitutes as "appropriate conversation" as determined by intimacy levels (or the lack thereof). I would like to be considerate of your needs if it is caused by autism. No offense intended if you are actually not autistic, either. Just trying to understand what's going on here/why
    Well it is a bit of a meme that ILI is code word for mild Asperger's Syndrome. I do have a need for direct, no bullshit communication. That's more of an issue of how the male brain works and how we communicate however. Each sex has a communication style and much heartache and stress is had by both assuming the other is exactly like themselves. Men don't "talk" for the reasons women talk and vice versa. If both sides were to accept that, learn how and why the other side talks like they do, and then lean into that they'd both be much happier.

Your posted vids are also a bit, might I say, well-meaning but also a bit off to me. Too much direct and overt emotional affirmation and more than a bit of leaning into the fact she has a pretty face. Though that might just be my male brain getting set off. I'll offer up a vid from the dude that really got myself going on this subject in response. I hope this dude and your girl meet up in an interview in the near future if they haven't already:

Note: Noticed a major red flag. This girl you mentioned wants 120 bucks for her "method" of fixing these issues given the link in the youtube description. The guy I just posted wants 10 bucks (I also suspect he's an ESI as well). It was 5 last year but inflation's a bitch and he even mentioned back then that if you bother to drop him a direct line via e-mail or DM he'll hand you a PDF copy of his book regarding this issue gratis. That's always a point in someone's favor I'd argue. After all, if you got a cure to a major issue/disease you offer it at cost morally speaking. Otherwise, you're no better than the PTB and Big Pharma (who are likely doing all they can to cause the problem I'd argue).

I gave him that posted amount despite my penny-pinching ways because, well, what's 5 bucks for a well formatted Kindle file right? Lots of good stuff on offer for that amount or less in fiction on that platform too I'd add. Peruse the "Indy" scene a bit. Lots of awesome shit the mainstream will never try to push because those authors are more interested in telling a good story over pushing "the message" as it were.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Well it is a bit of a meme that ILI is code word for mild Asperger's Syndrome. I do have a need for direct, no bullshit communication. That's more of an issue of how the male brain works and how we communicate however. Each sex has a communication style and much heartache and stress is had by both assuming the other is exactly like themselves. Men don't "talk" for the reasons women talk and vice versa. If both sides were to accept that, learn how and why the other side talks like they do, and then lean into that they'd both be much happier.

Your posted vids are also a bit, might I say, well-meaning but also a bit off to me. Too much direct and overt emotional affirmation and more than a bit of leaning into the fact she has a pretty face. Though that might just be my male brain getting set off. I'll offer up a vid from the dude that really got myself going on this subject in response. I hope this dude and your girl meet up in an interview in the near future if they haven't already:

Note: Noticed a major red flag. This girl you mentioned wants 120 bucks for her "method" of fixing these issues given the link in the youtube description. The guy I just posted wants 10 bucks (I also suspect he's an ESI as well). It was 5 last year but inflation's a bitch and he even mentioned back then that if you bother to drop him a direct line via e-mail or DM he'll hand you a PDF copy of his book regarding this issue gratis. That's always a point in someone's favor I'd argue. After all, if you got a cure to a major issue/disease you offer it at cost morally speaking. Otherwise, you're no better than the PTB and Big Pharma (who are likely doing all they can to cause the problem I'd argue).

I gave him that posted amount despite my penny-pinching ways because, well, what's 5 bucks for a well formatted Kindle file right? Lots of good stuff on offer for that amount or less in fiction on that platform too I'd add. Peruse the "Indy" scene a bit. Lots of awesome shit the mainstream will never try to push because those authors are more interested in telling a good story over pushing "the message" as it were.
    Personally if I come across books I like I upload them to libgen because I don't care about imaginary property (IP), and I reason that if their work is worthwhile, it's best to facilitate access to as many people as possible. I do voluntarily pay authors when I think their work is worth the money.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Personally if I come across books I like I upload them to libgen because I don't care about imaginary property (IP), and I reason that if their work is worthwhile, it's best to facilitate access to as many people as possible. I do voluntarily pay authors when I think their work is worth the money.
    I tend to agree with this approach. Indeed, it has been proven in studies that "giving away" your work tends to actually increase sales (this is a good reason why the first book or two in a series cost nothing to one single dollar on Kindle). I mean hell, they used to decide which anime series got dubbed by observing which ones were getting the most attention from the fan subbers and their viewers. They likely still do, though now that kind of traffic is more overt and open than back in the day. My primary complaint on that front is that they used to do actually faithful adaptations whereas now it's not uncommon for the bastards at companies like Funimation and Crunchyroll to insert woke political BS into the work where it wasn't present in the original. What the death cult cannot converge or destroy they will choke off access to. This is currently in the process of happening sadly. Thankfully one cannot stop the signal. It's just gonna be a hell of a lot harder to access unadulterated content from that sphere going forward.

Rant aside, the dude is doing the equivalent of that. The book's not free, but he's got that whole youtube channel and that is. Ads are active but hey, that's what the Brave browser is for. No ads for it blocks them automatically. Hell, ads don't work anyway. Studies show that as well. People tune em' out, skip em', or otherwise resent them. Word of mouth is the winning marketing strategy. Loud annoying ads don't move product. The word of people's close friends and family does however

But boomers gonna boomer and they run things ATM and the way things are shaking out it looks like they won't stop running (and ruining) everything until the ossified fossils in charge do us all the favor of dying. "Interesting times" ahead as the Chinese proverb/curse would put it...