Thread: ISFp-Si and cleanliness

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don’t know if this relates or not, but when my ISTp ex-wife was living alone, before we met, her apartment looked like a very tastefully decorated showroom.

When we got married and she moved into the house I had, she stopped vacuuming and filled the house with boxes of junk.

When she moved out prior to our divorce, she moved into an absolutely beautiful apartment with fantastic landscaping. Flowers and flowering trees everywhere, but her apartment looked like the inside of a moving van. Our son, who lives with her now, told me that she doesn’t have a bed, but rather sleeps on a mattress on some boxes.

Recently, her apartment complex was sold to new owners who cut down all the trees and replaced the flowers with grass because it costs less to maintain. The complex looks grim now, but when I dropped something off to her last week, I saw that she was turning her apartment back into a showroom.

Maybe Si-bases need a certain level of Si in their lives. If they get it from the outside, then they’ll be lazy and they won't work to add anything to it, but if that comfortable environment isn’t given to them, then they will do some work to create it.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I don’t know if this relates or not, but when my ISTp ex-wife was living alone, before we met, her apartment looked like a very tastefully decorated showroom.

When we got married and she moved into the house I had, she stopped vacuuming and filled the house with boxes of junk.

When she moved out prior to our divorce, she moved into an absolutely beautiful apartment with fantastic landscaping. Flowers and flowering trees everywhere, but her apartment looked like the inside of a moving van. Our son, who lives with her now, told me that she doesn’t have a bed, but rather sleeps on a mattress on some boxes.

Recently, her apartment complex was sold to new owners who cut down all the trees and replaced the flowers with grass because it costs less to maintain. The complex looks grim now, but when I dropped something off to her last week, I saw that she was turning her apartment back into a showroom.

Maybe Si-bases need a certain level of Si in their lives. If they get it from the outside, then they’ll be lazy and they won't work to add anything to it, but if that comfortable environment isn’t given to them, then they will do some work to create it.
    I was clean in college. It was easy because I was usually by myself so there wasn't any interference with maintaining my space.

I think it's worth noting that people tend to not take as good care of themselves if they're stressed. That's a universal statement you can apply to pretty much all humans including Si doms.