Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateDJ391 View Post
    How does focusing on himself lead to a ton of publicity that doesn't make sense at all
    I really don't understand how his socio Ni is weak
    "Types that value Ni always like to have in mind a specific plan for how their life will develop in the future."
    He did exactly this with all the investments he made before his career, he made sure he had the resources that he lined up all in one big picture
    Tell me why do you think he chose to do a public speaking course,invest in all of his resources, planned his first 3 albums top to bottom before they even came out etc the list goes on. My point here is he always has the future in his mind with everything he does.

Now for some of the incidents, he's just emotionally expressive.
    Look
    If you told one of your closest friends wife they were going to win an award that means so much to their career over-excitedly and drunk and then an hour later it doesn't happen, of course he was going to react emotionally

Isn't POLR Si assosciated with the need to be productive and that they must be doing something, Kanye is known to go overboard as much as possible regardless of his health in order to make sure his goals manifest out. That's how he beat 50 in those sales thing he wouldn't stop until everything was perfect.
    By focusing on himself, rather than the audience, he winds up making controversial statements that often reflect his own feelings more than those of the audience. Consequently, his actions generate publicity (often of the negative sort). Some might call it being "real" or "authentic", but intentionally or unintentionally, EIEs tend not to impact the environment with such an inward focus. I think this rules out Fe.

Now, we might consider LIE, but as you probably guessed with your typing, Kanye relies on value judgments to make decisions. Unlike Jay-Z, a Gamma NT, Kanye doesn't prioritize the logistics involved with his vision - rather, Kanye primarily cares about making an impact with art that he views as valuable. So, this rules out Te and brings us to Fi.

Concerning the productiveness - all decisive types (Gamma, Beta) tend to mobilize themselves for action preemptively. They tend to be productive people, knowing what they want with a vision of how to get it. It comes with the territory of Se and Ni.

This doesn't rule out SEE, but I think his Ni is a bit too pronounced for that.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    By focusing on himself, rather than the audience, he winds up making controversial statements that often reflect his own feelings more than those of the audience. Consequently, his actions generate publicity (often of the negative sort). Some might call it being "real" or "authentic", but intentionally or unintentionally, EIEs tend not to impact the environment with such an inward focus. I think this rules out Fe.

Now, we might consider LIE, but as you probably guessed with your typing, Kanye relies on value judgments to make decisions. Unlike Jay-Z, a Gamma NT, Kanye doesn't prioritize the logistics involved with his vision - rather, Kanye primarily cares about making an impact with art that he views as valuable. So, this rules out Te and brings us to Fi.

Concerning the productiveness - all decisive types (Gamma, Beta) tend to mobilize themselves for action preemptively. They tend to be productive people, knowing what they want with a vision of how to get it. It comes with the territory of Se and Ni.

This doesn't rule out SEE, but I think his Ni is a bit too pronounced for that.
    You make some really good points btw

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"EIEs tend not to impact the environment with such an inward focus" - but is his focus truly inward or is that how you are perceiving it? That's the important part to me.
    You can't really tell what his focus is but if you line everything up from the start of his career to right now and the future his focus isn't inward imo.

Everything is about the mind when it comes to typology, why does his actions generate publicity? Is it leading to something bigger? Does he intentionally want to generate publicity? Does he believe it's going to further an ideal that he has? Is it for himself? Is it truly outwards? I could ask even more questions.
    The truth is we cannot really find those answers out at this point so we can only try to predict what he is thinking. Personally I think people aren't objective or make an attempt to try and understand him, thus they get a different opinion of what he is trying to do. If you line everything up though from before his career, his childhood, to now I don't see why EIE isn't possible.

I would suggest reading the Donda Book and watching his interviews dilligently they're really inspirational
    You make some really good points btw
    >Why do his actions generate publicity?

How the public receives him determines the amount of publicity he generates, but I take it that's not the angle you want to get at here.

The bottom line: extraverted functions first and foremost concern information about the object. The focus is objective. So when you give input to the extraverted function of an extravert, the output will largely be shaped according to what the individual sees as "objective" information. For example, when an Fe lead has a positive relationship with a group, they will give feedback in a way that complements the emotional atmosphere as they interpret it. Fe leads are the kinds of people who, when they want beneficial results for their team, they will make the environment positive enough for a project to push forward. Even the negativistic EIE will aim criticism at pre-existing systems in a way that inevitably comes back to a moment of uplift because they want to establish new, better conditions for those around them.

Kanye doesn't do this. Even when the net result provides amusement for the public, he insists that he has grandiose significance as though the public simply fails to see his worth. He seems to possess an air of defensiveness that wouldn't be as pronounced if all of his negative publicity simply amounted to a massive scheme on his part. After all, wouldn't he expect it?

I'm not a mind reader, but I think that when he speaks about himself, his accomplishments, and what he views as his talents, he generally does so to convince others that he's on par with influential people like Steve Jobs, Shakespeare, Disney, etc. He seems earnest. More recently, compared himself to Donald Trump, claiming they are both "dragon energy." Here, he's likely being earnest because he and Trump in fact have some similar characteristics. They are both shock jocks who go against the grain of establishments and public opinion - in my view, both Se ego types.

When he makes statements about topics other than himself, I think he often does so because he feels that he has something profound to get off his chest. For example, when he claimed that "George Bush doesn't care about black people", he seemed to do so because he received bits of information that eventually culminated as this controversial conclusion with the help of Ni in the background.

Fe seems absent from all of this. People shit their pants when he speaks up because he contrasts with the emotional vibe in a way that pays no heed to the emotional context.

>Is it leading to something bigger?

Yes, it does lead to something bigger, but that doesn't mean he's Ni ego. Trump became POTUS through publicity but that doesn't mean he's Ni ego.

I don't want to distract you, so let's just get to the point - if Kanye was a beta with Ni ego, he would possess strong -Ni. Let's look at Gulenko's description of -Ni:

"-Ni = desire to bypass danger. They aim to avoid previously committed mistakes. In their groups, experience, skill, know-how, sophistication are highly valued. They feel confident in extreme situations. "

If Kanye wanted to bypass danger, wouldn't he avoid making public statements that make people question his judgment? Furthermore, if he wanted to avoid previously committed mistakes, wouldn't he mix things up more to lead people away from the thought that he's an idiot? The Ni ego types I know operate with a mind-boggling level of discretion, and I don't see that with Kanye.

>Does he intentionally want to generate publicity?

I think he likes attention, which undermines the discretion Ni ego types tend to value.

>Does he believe it's going to further an ideal that he has? Is it for himself? Is it truly outwards?

This depends on how you define "ideal." At this stage, it's hard not to think he has a vision for success, but in my view, he has primarily wanted to service his own ego. He even made a song about his ego trips and life in the public eye:

To be fair, considering his mom's death, West has some scars of personal tragedy mixed up in his behavior. Ie. he has self-destructive tendencies, perhaps characteristic of someone with survivor's guilt or simply loss. But still, he looks like an Fi lead gamma to me.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    >Why do his actions generate publicity?

How the public receives him determines the amount of publicity he generates, but I take it that's not the angle you want to get at here.

The bottom line: extraverted functions first and foremost concern information about the object. The focus is objective. So when you give input to the extraverted function of an extravert, the output will largely be shaped according to what the individual sees as "objective" information. For example, when an Fe lead has a positive relationship with a group, they will give feedback in a way that complements the emotional atmosphere as they interpret it. Fe leads are the kinds of people who, when they want beneficial results for their team, they will make the environment positive enough for a project to push forward. Even the negativistic EIE will aim criticism at pre-existing systems in a way that inevitably comes back to a moment of uplift because they want to establish new, better conditions for those around them.

Kanye doesn't do this. Even when the net result provides amusement for the public, he insists that he has grandiose significance as though the public simply fails to see his worth. He seems to possess an air of defensiveness that wouldn't be as pronounced if all of his negative publicity simply amounted to a massive scheme on his part. After all, wouldn't he expect it?

I'm not a mind reader, but I think that when he speaks about himself, his accomplishments, and what he views as his talents, he generally does so to convince others that he's on par with influential people like Steve Jobs, Shakespeare, Disney, etc. He seems earnest. More recently, compared himself to Donald Trump, claiming they are both "dragon energy." Here, he's likely being earnest because he and Trump in fact have some similar characteristics. They are both shock jocks who go against the grain of establishments and public opinion - in my view, both Se ego types.

When he makes statements about topics other than himself, I think he often does so because he feels that he has something profound to get off his chest. For example, when he claimed that "George Bush doesn't care about black people", he seemed to do so because he received bits of information that eventually culminated as this controversial conclusion with the help of Ni in the background.

Fe seems absent from all of this. People shit their pants when he speaks up because he contrasts with the emotional vibe in a way that pays no heed to the emotional context.

>Is it leading to something bigger?

Yes, it does lead to something bigger, but that doesn't mean he's Ni ego. Trump became POTUS through publicity but that doesn't mean he's Ni ego.

I don't want to distract you, so let's just get to the point - if Kanye was a beta with Ni ego, he would possess strong -Ni. Let's look at Gulenko's description of -Ni:

"-Ni = desire to bypass danger. They aim to avoid previously committed mistakes. In their groups, experience, skill, know-how, sophistication are highly valued. They feel confident in extreme situations. "

If Kanye wanted to bypass danger, wouldn't he avoid making public statements that make people question his judgment? Furthermore, if he wanted to avoid previously committed mistakes, wouldn't he mix things up more to lead people away from the thought that he's an idiot? The Ni ego types I know operate with a mind-boggling level of discretion, and I don't see that with Kanye.

>Does he intentionally want to generate publicity?

I think he likes attention, which undermines the discretion Ni ego types tend to value.

>Does he believe it's going to further an ideal that he has? Is it for himself? Is it truly outwards?

This depends on how you define "ideal." At this stage, it's hard not to think he has a vision for success, but in my view, he has primarily wanted to service his own ego. He even made a song about his ego trips and life in the public eye:

To be fair, considering his mom's death, West has some scars of personal tragedy mixed up in his behavior. Ie. he has self-destructive tendencies, perhaps characteristic of someone with survivor's guilt or simply loss. But still, he looks like an Fi lead gamma to me.
    I'm not in a good space today so my reply isn't going to be accurate unfortunately
    "Fe seems absent from all of this. People shit their pants when he speaks up because he contrasts with the emotional vibe in a way that pays no heed to the emotional context." - absolutely not

"Fe leads are the kinds of people who, when they want beneficial results for their team, they will make the environment positive enough for a project to push forward. Even the negativistic EIE will aim criticism at pre-existing systems in a way that inevitably comes back to a moment of uplift because they want to establish new, better conditions for those around them." - He does exactly this?

"-Ni = desire to bypass danger. They aim to avoid previously committed mistakes. In their groups, experience, skill, know-how, sophistication are highly valued. They feel confident in extreme situations. " - Yeah bypass danger not bypass something else, I just think he knows he needs the courage in dangerous situations and he has it. The last 2 lines though you don't think that applies to him more than any other rapper?

I'll reply properly after, you do make some good points though but some of your points don't really link up to everything.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not in a good space today so my reply isn't going to be accurate unfortunately
    Don't worry about it.
    "Fe seems absent from all of this. People shit their pants when he speaks up because he contrasts with the emotional vibe in a way that pays no heed to the emotional context." - absolutely not
    Expound.

"Fe leads are the kinds of people who, when they want beneficial results for their team, they will make the environment positive enough for a project to push forward. Even the negativistic EIE will aim criticism at pre-existing systems in a way that inevitably comes back to a moment of uplift because they want to establish new, better conditions for those around them." - He does exactly this?
    If he did then it should come as no surprise to him when people view him as a joke. He would have accepted the risks of behaving like a shock jock as part of the plan to sacrifice his image in the public eye.

I mean, when he jumped on stage at the VMAs, do you think that was part of a vision to do what I described? In my view, it didn't have anything to do with the vibes of feeling there. The way Fe ego types tend to influence the environment has a more incremental quality to it because it riffs off what it perceives. Kanye's influence has a much more extreme quality because it comes from deep seated feelings.

"-Ni = desire to bypass danger. They aim to avoid previously committed mistakes. In their groups, experience, skill, know-how, sophistication are highly valued. They feel confident in extreme situations. " - Yeah bypass danger not bypass something else, I just think he knows he needs the courage in dangerous situations and he has it. The last 2 lines though you don't think that applies to him more than any other rapper?
    I don't think he feels "Ni confident" in extreme situations; if he was, then he wouldn't need to nourish his ego and act so self-destructively. He generally doesn't strike me as confident. He behaves this way out of insecurity. But I personally have respect for him for his honesty

I'll reply properly after, you do make some good points though but some of your points don't really link up to everything.
    No rush. You make some good points, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Everlast View Post
    Don't worry about it.

Expound.

If he did then it should come as no surprise to him when people view him as a joke. He would have accepted the risks of behaving like a shock jock as part of the plan to sacrifice his image in the public eye.

I mean, when he jumped on stage at the VMAs, do you think that was part of a vision to do what I described? In my view, it didn't have anything to do with the vibes of feeling there. The way Fe ego types tend to influence the environment has a more incremental quality to it because it riffs off what it perceives. Kanye's influence has a much more extreme quality because it comes from deep seated feelings.

I don't think he feels "Ni confident" in extreme situations; if he was, then he wouldn't need to nourish his ego and act so self-destructively. He generally doesn't strike me as confident. He behaves this way out of insecurity. But I personally have respect for him for his honesty

No rush. You make some good points, too.
    I think maybe this dude can explain more why he’s ESI if he can he had some good points