Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Your typing of forum members (archived '15-'17)

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    No, wrong, I can see they are going beyond that low dimensionality point. "Vanished" is a strong word for this, I still detect something alright.
    You would be detecting the presence of the other elements and their dimensions and unconsciously recognizing the absence of perception of the vanished elements and using your own high-dimensionality elements to "make do" filling in those gaps.

This is an analogy that doesn't exactly work here.

Sure, an IE in the ID block looks different from when it's in the Ego block.
    Not really sure why people want to "stick to this being abstract concept" when speaking of dimensionalities in Socionics. Dimensionality is perfectly applied to it, without the need to to try and reduce it to "no, this is way different than ACTUAL dimensionality." That's why it was chosen to be applied to Model A, not so that it just sounds magically more sciency. Probably something to do with Inert or Accepting or low-dimensional Ne or something. I use Ne for a situation, not to try and hold onto whatever little Ne concept I have or was given, but whatever. (that's not directed at you, btw)

I reside in the 4th dimension. I can't perceive the 5th. I can't perceive elements residing in a higher dimension than my own version has access to.

Flatland is a really good analogy. Ever read it? It's completely applicable. Actually, maybe the fact I read it at a young age is why dimensionality, as it was designed in Socionics, is why it makes perfect sense to me. *shrug*

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Based on the definition of 1D, it would be more that the way the person receives Fe is itself idiosyncratic and unreliable, being a parameter of experience only. The thing being said about 1D in the above comments is mischaracterizing the nature of dimensionality.

In other words, it doesn't help to beat someone's head with a baseball bat if they have no feeling there(damage put out of the equation).

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    You would be detecting the presence of the other elements and their dimensions and unconsciously recognizing the absence of perception of the vanished elements and using your own high-dimensionality elements to "make do" filling in those gaps.
    No, you are speculating too much. It does not fit how I actually see things.

Not really sure why people want to "stick to this being abstract concept" when speaking of dimensionalities in Socionics. Dimensionality is perfectly applied to it, without the need to to try and reduce it to "no, this is way different than ACTUAL dimensionality." That's why it was chosen to be applied to Model A, not so that it just sounds magically more sciency. (...)
    We are just not going to be on the same page here. Your analogy was way too loosely related, that's the only reason I don't agree with it, none of these ideas apply...

End of discussion from my part.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm terrible at typing over the net. IRL I can detect enneagram tritype (but not their main) sooner than type and I rely on V.I. and I can tell quadra before main function and it all depends on knowing the person well. Maybe later on I can give my two cents here.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ouronis

Well, 4D has globality, so it is always in Pointland. 3D situationally visits it. 2D is only interested in Lineland, but occasionally runs into a point.
    Last edited by Jeremy8419; 12-27-2015 at 09:01 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That's wikisocion lol

You're referring to my Si, which is clearly childish entertainment for me, hence, it is super-id. You're referring to Fi, yet you're actually speaking of Fe. You cannot Fi outside of your own head. You can refer to such, but it is a subjective element, as are all introverted elements. They are comparisons you make within your mind. You may speak of them, but you cannot actually do them outside your own head. You're not strong in Fi. You're one-dimensional in Fi. This is why you place so much effort into displaying good emotions on here to others (Fe, your Role), yet fail with actual Relationships both for yourself and others. With Fi in suggestive, it is not something you can actually consciously process, so you are having to resort to your Role function to cognitively act in it's place. Your Si is also one dimensional and has no value placed into it. You're LIE.
    You need to read what I post and not just assumed that what you display isn't simply what you are not doing
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    You need to read what I post and not just assumed that what you display isn't simply what you are not doing
    It's a list of elements. There are no functions. "I see Si" doesn't equal "I see Si in X element."

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE: Myst, Geneiouws, Lagerdemon, Cubazoan, Transkar, LuchoisLurking
    ESE: Subteigh, Chipsnunderwear, Inumbra, Wacey, Xerx, mu4, Esaman, krigtheviking, Hacim
    LII: N0ki, MuddyTextures, Reactance, Kimuchi
    SEI: ChrisCorey, Misterni, Scarletluxx, BnD, rat1, the whole english, Johannesbloem

SLE: herzy, mercutio, agee, ananke, kill4me
    LSI: stray, spider, missbabydoll, discojoe
    IEI: starfall, glam, strrrng, velvet, elina, allie, pink
    EIE: Gilly, Darya, Bain, Sarinana

SEE: JMC, Aquagraph, WoofWoofl, Lucas
    LIE: Ashton, Expat, Ineffable, FDG, Deestructor/invisiblehim
    ESI: Lungs, Golden, Radio, Ouronis, Suedehead
    ILI: Krieger, Marie, Scapegrace, Cpig, Eyeseecold, Aestrivex, Mensupermateriam

SLI: Kim, jessica, may, pookie, daft punk, directorabbie
    LSE: Timmy, William, JackOliverAaron, BurningIce, Laurie’s Crusader, Smilingeyes
    IEE: elizathomason, finale, UDP, Adam Strange, Airman
    EII: maritsa, silke, sol, lim, aylen, zero, mikemex

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    ESE: Subteigh, Chipsnunderwear, Inumbra, Wacey, Xerx, mu4, Esaman, krigtheviking, Hacim
    SEI: ChrisCorey, Misterni, Scarletluxx, BnD, rat1, the whole english, Johannesbloem

LSE: Timmy, William, JackOliverAaron, BurningIce, Laurie’s Crusader, Smilingeyes
    Why? Make an argumentation, otherwise it's worth nothing even if it's true.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i disagree with a lot of this but its interesting to see thoughts that obviously aren't parroted

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So I'm ESE now? What did I do to receive such an honor? Or a disgrace? Depending on how you want to look at it.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i disagree with a lot of this but its interesting to see thoughts that obviously aren't parroted
    He's running people through the random type generator.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    He's running people through the random type generator.
    LOL

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Why? Make an argumentation, otherwise it's worth nothing even if it's true.
    He types according to the vibes he gets from someone, and what the iris of their eyes look like. Ti ignoring might be tripping him up with that iris theory. Look at what he types people and you will know what he thinks about them. If you are in his conflictor, or super-ego, category he probably has some disdain for you. He has typed me both since I joined. I am at the point where I find it amusing now. At one point he was doing halfway decent on some enneagram typings but you can tell he also lets emotion/anger/need for revenge overrule when you offend him. He lacks control of his Fe (which is already very weak) and it is sort of random. He needs some Fi in his life to make it all easier for him.

LSEs generally believe they have talent and are exceptional in some way, but they need others to confirm this and point out what exactly distinguishes them from other people.
    If you make him feel good about himself, or somehow fit into his narrow perception of a type, he will type you with a closer psychological distance. If you anger him he will retype you until he finds the right fit for you. The person he nominated most likely to be his dual, on this forum, a few months ago, has now been typed SEI. Something must have changed. He was so sure of that person's type until now.

He clearly thinks he is SLE-Ti so all mistypings, of others, starts there.

So I'm ESE now? What did I do to receive such an honor? Or a disgrace? Depending on how you want to look at it.
    The irony is that is he is most probably Ni polr himself, specifically LSE.
    Last edited by Aylen; 01-03-2016 at 10:54 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

you were ESE before. you are ESE now.

nothing random about it. that's clearly your best fit, with LII being a close second.

but you are too airy for a LII. and i sense on a more ethical wavelength than LII. so ese it is.

a thin slice of the knife between the two, for sure.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    He types according to the vibes he gets from someone, and what the iris of their eyes look like. Ti ignoring might be tripping him up with that iris theory. Look at what he types people and you will know what he thinks about them. If you are in his conflictor, or super-ego, category he probably has some disdain for you. He has typed me both since I joined. I am at the point where I find it amusing now. At one point he was doing halfway decent on some enneagram typings but you can tell he also lets emotion/anger/need for revenge overrule when you offend him. He lacks control of his Fe (which is already very weak) and it is sort of random. He needs some Fi in his life to make it all easier for him.

If you make him feel good about himself, or somehow fit into his narrow perception of a type, he will type you with a closer psychological distance. If you anger him he will retype you until he finds the right fit for you. The person he nominated most likely to be his dual, on this forum, a few months ago, has now been typed SEI. Something must have changed. He was so sure of that person's type until now.

He clearly thinks he is SLE-Ti so all mistypings, of others, starts there.

The irony is that is he is most probably Ni polr himself, specifically LSE.
    If criticizing his categorizations makes him angry, he would be Ti super-ego, not ignoring lol

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

If criticizing his categorizations makes him angry, he would be Ti super-ego, not ignoring lol
    Well don't assume I go by the "socionics book" when posting. Criticizing his categorizations is not what makes him angry. It is more personal than that but you would have to peruse our history to understand. Don't do that. lol

Ti ignoring might be tripping him up with that iris theory.
    I was being sarcastic. He thinks he has found a practical use for iris theory and I think it is a ridiculous theory.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6375381.stm

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. That's just Ne-Ti, in general. If Ti was in Ignoring, he'd get too bored of it to do it so regularly lol.

How the hell did he get typed as SLE? Lol.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nothing random about it. that's clearly your best fit, with LII being a close second.

but you are too airy for a LII. and i sense on a more ethical wavelength than LII. so ese it is.

you were telling her she was ILI in another thread

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Ti egos can get irritated too just fine. It's in the theory too

Though, yeah, that irritation is not outright anger. It isn't worth that much because the irritation does not come from a lack of confidence in Ti, it just simply is annoying when others say bs.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Ti egos can get irritated too just fine. It's in the theory too

Though, yeah, that irritation is not outright anger. It isn't worth that much because the irritation does not come from a lack of confidence in Ti, it just simply is annoying when others say bs.
    Off-topic, but everyone who uses "projecting" like it is something bad, is Ne super-id.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed a pattern with ESE, they all think they are LII. Same in MBTI (ESFJ thinks they are INTP)
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LSI Stripper View Post
    I noticed a pattern with ESE, they all think they are LII. Same in MBTI (ESFJ thinks they are INTP)
    Well, she has been interviewed by WSS and they came to the conclusion that she was LII. We could think of many ways why it could be so.
    Moreover, WSS uses argumentation to support their claims.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People in a social / non-intimate setting will most often type as some variation of their Role.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Well, she has been interviewed by WSS and they came to the conclusion that she was LII. We could think of many ways why it could be so.
    Moreover, WSS uses argumentation to support their claims.
    WSS is a bunch of goofy dipshits that don't realize they're all most likely Beta.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, imo, most of K4M's "ESE"s (myself included) are not ESE. i also would not really consider dom for myself as a serious option.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... Role is what you display and use most in general society. Generally, Role+Creative. Your Ego is what takes precedence at close psychological distance, and is 4D.
    This is all off. Your role is something you display in small amounts towards people you're not comfortable with. What you use most is your Base. That's why it's your Base. You use it the most - It becomes your strongest medium of thinking - It becomes your default - Behavior forms patterns. Ego isn't 4D. Base is 4D. Ego is base and creative together. You don't use your Ego predominantly at close psychological distance - You use your ego predominantly at every distance. The others come out circumstantially, or to compensate for the ego's inability to handle a situation on its own.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    This is all off. Your role is something you display in small amounts towards people you're not comfortable with. What you use most is your Base. That's why it's your Base. You use it the most - It becomes your strongest medium of thinking - It becomes your default - Behavior forms patterns. Ego isn't 4D. Base is 4D. Ego is base and creative together. You don't use your Ego predominantly at close psychological distance - You use your ego predominantly at every distance. The others come out circumstantially, or to compensate for the ego's inability to handle a situation on its own.
    Which is why I said "display and use most in general society"

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is why I said "display and use most in general society"
    I guess I don't understand how "display and use most in general society" differs from display and use most.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I don't understand how "display and use most in general society" differs from display and use most.
    I have my own individual life, family life, social life, and work life.

Super-ego is the necessity of life in the social realm. You're required to do it simply to live in and engage in society.

You don't run around in general society displaying your Base, because your PoLR would get donkey-punched everytime you passed a conflictor.

Your Base comes out in display interpersonally when things are "safe" and you know the other person isn't going to whack you where it hurts most.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sure, the two types have the same quadra values and both are rational, but they are also very different. Their functional strengths are complete opposites, making it damn near impossible to mistake one for the other.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh. That's just Ne-Ti, in general. If Ti was in Ignoring, he'd get too bored of it to do it so regularly lol.

How the hell did he get typed as SLE? Lol.
    He ran himself through the random type generator.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have my own individual life, family life, social life, and work life.

Super-ego is the necessity of life in the social realm. You're required to do it simply to live in and engage in society.

You don't run around in general society displaying your Base, because your PoLR would get donkey-punched everytime you passed a conflictor.

Your Base comes out in display interpersonally when things are "safe" and you know the other person isn't going to whack you where it hurts most.

Yeah see I disagree with the last two lines. Your base isn't what feels pressure from a conflictor, it's what pressures your conflictor. It's your creative that feels the pressure. So that rationale doesn't make sense. Witholding your base to show your role would not be done to avoid donkey punches as your Creative is still going to get donkey punched if you express that, and if you choose to go PoLR instead of creative, you're going to feel like everything is a donkey punch. Creative is the function vulnerable to external pressure in your Ego.
    You're base is literally, your most impervious function to criticism.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

WSS is a bunch of goofy dipshits that don't realize they're all most likely Beta.
    JOA is a pretty clear-cut ILE, Roan is clear cut ILI.

There are betas on there but it doesn't seem to be any more or less than any other quadra. Perhaps you have the impression there are more betas on there because there are a couple of 'beta dipshits' on there that want to run over everyone else.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah see I disagree with the last two lines. Your base isn't what feels pressure from a conflictor, it's what pressures your conflictor. It's your creative that feels the pressure. So that rationale doesn't make sense. Witholding your base to show your role would not be done to avoid donkey punches as your Creative is still going to get donkey punched if you express that, and if you choose to go PoLR instead of creative, you're going to feel like everything is a donkey punch. Creative is the function vulnerable to external pressure in your Ego.
    You're base is literally, your most impervious function to criticism.
    I was referring to the fact that if you're in Base instead of Role, your PoLR is left wide open to get whacked.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JOA is a pretty clear-cut ILE, Roan is clear cut ILI.

There are betas on there but it doesn't seem to be any more or less than any other quadra. Perhaps you have the impression there are more betas on there because there are a couple of 'beta dipshits' on there that want to run over everyone else.
    I was thinking more along the lines of "hey, lets start a collective so we have strength in numbers." The entire concept of it is Beta.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was referring to the fact that if you're in Base instead of Role, your PoLR is left wide open to get whacked.
    Why is your PoLR a bigger target while speaking from a stand-point your stronger in? I assume it has to be from usage of the creative, but how does Role lend itself to better defenses?

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"hey, lets start a collective so we have strength in numbers." The entire concept of it is Beta.
    Sorry, this makes me smile. My brother(EIE) says this to me and my sisters all the time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is your PoLR a bigger target while speaking from a stand-point your stronger in? I assume it has to be from usage of the creative, but how does Role lend itself to better defenses?
    Role is social norms. When you use it, people will see "this average Xy dude."

If you go with Role+PoLR (super-ego), people will think you're just a slightly sub-par whatever-your-super-ego-type-is (Mine's LSI) and be like, oh, hey... Can't whack that guy, because he looks halfway decent at that element. If you go Role+Creative, they won't think you're good at the PoLR stuff, but in general, you will look like a better-than-average Role Element, so you might have really good PoLR element that you just aren't showing at the moment.

It's like if someone told you to pick a door and punch whoever is behind it. But, what if a gorilla is behind one? That's why we don't go around whacking people in their masks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    Sorry, this makes me smile. My brother(EIE) says this to me and my sisters all the time.
    Wait. Does he actually say it just like that? LOL

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait. Does he actually say it just like that? LOL

Hahaha that would be funny. No just the saftey in numbers bit. Like when I wanted to walk across town to the library and he was too busy to go with me he would send one of my available sisters with me.

Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast