Hybrid View

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    In as far as that goal is concerned imo it was sucessful. Fi role and Fe suggestive seems to fit considering you don't know any of us and consequently are more restrained than with peole you actually know and are comfortable with.

From the videos however I can't get a sense of your Se. I have a hard time imagining you taking on an organizational role, putting people to work and making sure they do their job for example, being forceful and applying pressure on people if need be. (this is something I don't like doing for example)
    Okay, the problem lies with your imagination then, since that's what I actually do daily and get paid for. I don't posture needlessly like a kid that has something to prove, that is ridiculous and you're probably looking for a caricature. I'm an adult (38) that knows how to be civil and friendly, especially as that is our culture. I just increase the forcefulness gradually as necessary.

I enjoy and have naturally taken informal or formal leadership roles of small groups, from military service to every real job I've had. Being CEO doesn't interest me that much, but I like having a small team of competent people who I direct. I believe in the "speak softly but carry a big stick" ideology, preferring a diplomatic approach first but following up with force if it doesn't work. This surprises people sometimes since I'm deceptively nice at first but that is only on the surface.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Okay, the problem lies with your imagination then, since that's what I actually do daily and get paid for. I don't posture needlessly like a kid that has something to prove, that is ridiculous and you're probably looking for a caricature. I'm an adult (38) that knows how to be civil and friendly, especially as that is our culture. I just increase the forcefulness gradually as necessary. I enjoy and have naturally taken informal or formal leadership roles of small groups, from military service to every real job I've had. Being CEO doesn't interest me that much, but I like having a small team of competent people who I direct.
    I believe in the "speak softly but carry a big stick" ideology, preferring a diplomatic approach first but following up with force if it doesn't work.
    Alright, now we are getting somewhere. Look, I get payed to do plenty of things I don't enjoy doing. For me what you do for a living does not necesserily mean its in line with your personality. If it were for me I would probably never allow anyone to determine how and what I have to do regarding anything period. I hate giving orders and respond with hostility to pressure, orders or any need to obey rules i deem as irrelevant.

In terms of temperamnt from the video alone EP and EJ are out of the question. IJ and IP likely. Feeling elements aren't very good, which means Super-ego/id range at best. That narrows it down to logical introvert. From the video alone its clear you aren't intuitive, intuitives display associative thinking, you don't. We'll throw ILI and LII out the window now.

Down to SLI vs LSI. Considering what you wrote joust now, but more specifically how you responded to my posts I think LSI is clear. SLI wouldn't enjoy being in charge due to Se demonstrative. The fact that you enjoy your work and can actually be assertive (it comes through in how you responded) is proof enough for me.