Thread: A Little Social Experiment

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    While @End might be very conservative and he might not be OK with transexuals because of their choices, it's not accurate to further assume that he has no morals. According to this video, he might have more moral categories than liberals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs41JrnGaxc
    While I'm aware of this theory, and I think there is something to it, I didn't know what he meant, so I thought it fair to ask him.

After all, agree with LGBT choices or no, most conservatives I know don't believe it is morally right to initiate violence against people.

End's formulation is a bit weird, I am not sure what he means exactly.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    While I'm aware of this theory, and I think there is something to it, I didn't know what he meant, so I thought it fair to ask him.

After all, agree with LGBT choices or no, most conservatives I know don't believe it is morally right to initiate violence against people.

@Uncle Ave, you are right. The best thing is to ask @End what he meant. I didn’t mean to try to interpret what you said, either. I’m sorry if what I wrote implied that.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Uncle Ave, you are right. The best thing is to ask @End what he meant. I didn’t mean to try to interpret what you said, either. I’m sorry if what I wrote implied that.
    No worries, it didn't . You were just making a (fair) point about liberals and conservatives and their sense morality being different, I got you.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post

I shall clarify then. I do agree, wholeheartedly (and with the conviction of my own faith to boot) that it is always wrong to initiate violence upon anyone Ceteris Paribus. Long story short, as we are all creations of the one true God I can't judge you in an absolute sense/kill you unless you force my hand. Like, say, if you're about to cap a baby (i.e. what abortion pretty much is), or about to summarily execute me because I dared to say that there are only two genders and they're both different. In that instance, I can waste your ass guilt/judgement free. For another fun example, look up how and why the Crusades actually got started. Those Muslims kept on poking us as one pokes a rock while failing to realize it's a bear in hibernation. If you manage to wake that bear up... Oh boy, you best believe that fuck up is 100 percent on you gosh darn it. To give a more scientific example, try banging on a nuke with a rock because you like the sound it makes. Do ya really find fault with the nuke for producing a mushroom cloud after you banged it for the thousandth time?

If, however, you simply insult my faith or something else ultimately superficial my murder of you becomes a mortal sin on my part that damns me to the eternal fires of hell.

Now let's take this instance of Sodomy and the claim I'd like to kill the whole lot of em'. No, I don't. Not most of them anyway. If you do the research on "the gay" you'll find quite a lot of pedophilia going on and oh yeah, gladly shooting those fuckers in the head because most of them are actually unrepentant (hence why it's a good filter for the PTB when considering who to admit into "the big club" as George Carlin so eloquently put it). If, however, you're just gay and engaging in a consenting relationship. I may find it distasteful, but I would never hurt you just because of that. Hell, I've even been hit on by gays. I was legitimately flattered, but I did inform them that while I was I just didn't swing that way.

Like I've said many times before, you can't "force" a conversion. You can only await the opportunity to present itself. If and when you find a person in that state, then, and only then, do you try to convert them to the faith (however you may define it). Doing so before that event will not only result in failure, it'll only reinforce their belief in their own "heresies" as I'd put it. Counterproductive. I only wish I'd have realized that fact sooner...

As I'm all about mental/social experiments, try that one out. Try to force a conversion and see what happens. I bet I'm right about that but hey, despite what ya might think I do actually relish the prospect of being proven wrong .
    Last edited by End; 12-04-2020 at 04:54 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I shall clarify then. I do agree, wholeheartedly (and with the conviction of my own faith to boot) that it is always wrong to initiate violence upon anyone Ceteris Paribus. Long story short, as we are all creations of the one true God I can't judge you in an absolute sense/kill you unless you force my hand. Like, say, if you're about to cap a baby (i.e. what abortion pretty much is), or about to summarily execute me because I dared to say that there are only two genders and they're both different. In that instance, I can waste your ass guilt/judgement free. For another fun example, look up how and why the Crusades actually got started. Those Muslims kept on poking us as one pokes a rock while failing to realize it's a bear in hibernation. If you manage to wake that bear up... Oh boy, you best believe that fuck up is 100 percent on you gosh darn it. To give a more scientific example, try banging on a nuke with a rock because you like the sound it makes. Do ya really find fault with the nuke for producing a mushroom cloud after you banged it for the thousandth time?
    Schrader (PhD in History) :

"the First Crusade can be said to have been a success (for the 'relgious' violent subset Christians). Later crusades were almost all failures (for the violent subset of Christians and wins for the violent subset of Muslims), however, and by 1291 the Christians had again been pushed out of Palestine and Syria completely. So, in the long run, the Holy Land crusades can be said to have been a failure."

And you're acting like all your forum members are fundamentalist Christians. About 1% might be. And some may be Muslim.

So, refering to 'us' as the 'Christian' side of the stupid, ego-driven, senseless slaughter of both sides and likely of non-combatants that was the Crusades is just incorrect.

And acting like people of the Muslim faith are a 'them' and 'Other' is also incorrect.

I've totally found some great spiritual truth in a Muslim Hadith and some heinous, pathetic evil in the Bible that was my constant companion as a fundie.

So, I'm a tad Muslim if I'm also Christian.